Jump to content

"The Boys" Mafia - Season 1 - Game Over.. TOWN WINS!


Recommended Posts

Just now, Drums said:

Your logic, not mine

Yes logic. As opposed to the horse sh*t going around.

Join the nolder club, see how far you get.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, sorry for the absence. It turns out there is more to do in Vegas than hump.  Some RL updates… I played @Nolders hard 10 bet. It crapped out faster than he did in this game.  We won “big”

Poppy’s boy.   

Ape: my logic tells me it’s Crusher. 80: it was me.  Ape: I know, I’m Michael Jordan. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I did. I started your train. Your last minute fall on your sword thing that you had no reason to to do as scum gave me strong  pause. If your scum I’ll Lynch you the next 3 day ones. 

I am menaced.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nynaeve said:

My explanation is strictly for Nolder's benefit for saying that claiming vt is wrong and warrants lynching him. 

If someone is acting in a way that tells me that they are 99% town, I'm not going to vote them regardless of them being rolled or not. Period.

Bunny is on the money! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Crusher said:

More of a accidental side hustle. Break a few thousands eggs to make an omelette kinda thing, 

True. But it's something, crush.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

My explanation is strictly for Nolder's benefit for saying that claiming vt is wrong and warrants lynching him. 

If someone is acting in a way that tells me that they are 99% town, I'm not going to vote them regardless of them being rolled or not. Period.

I get it and I think you and Nolder are just towning around with different methodologies. However, since Beaver was absent and had no defense,  I’m wary of a mislynch to a PR which is why I was willing to die. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

True. But it's something, crush.

It is. That’s why I switched. Kdels move made beyond zero sense as scum. Plus, I like to hammer the Beaver Bunny!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

I get it and I think you and Nolder are just towning around with different methodologies. However, since Beaver was absent and had no defense,  I’m wary of a mislynch to a PR which is why I was willing to die. 

^^ method mam 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It’d be more disastrous if Beaver got busy and is a PR and he gets lynched now. Do you think you have enough of a case on Beaver to lynch him now?

I feel like a pr should be around at DL if he has votes on him. That's what I feel. And if he's too busy then maybe he shouldn't have signed up to begin with.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nynaeve said:

I feel like a pr should be around at DL if he has votes on him. That's what I feel. And if he's too busy then maybe he shouldn't have signed up to begin with.

Cool (on a greater philosophical “game ethics” level) except it doesn’t help us win if we mislynch a PR for being busy. What’s done is done, meta conversations are fun to have but derail games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Cool (on a greater philosophical “game ethics” level) except it doesn’t help us win if we mislynch a PR for being busy. What’s done is done, meta conversations are fun to have but derail games. 

I'm not talking about meta

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm not talking about meta

Game strategy meta in this case:

Protect PR roles vs Keeping the number advantage high

It sucks that Beaver wasn’t here and there’s a small case against him. But voting him without a reveal or defense + the possibility of a power role should’ve been weighed against killing a VT. 

We move on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

80, we all know we'd lynch someone who refuses to claim at L-2 so that's just a load of crap.

Thats bad play. Stop trying to force claims from people. If you are suspicious enough of someone to want them to claim just vote them. They'll claim if they have a reason to do so. Being a doctor or whatever shouldn't just be a get out of lynch free card like everyone treats PRs.

 

48 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

He won't survive till night to get shot. PLUS scum would never NK someone who got run up and is high on the lynching pool.

Like what are you all smoking? I want in

Exactly. If scum know someone is a VT they're (usually) not going to kill them.

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah I get it.  It really doesn't work out well in practice, especially not on JN.  It's definitely a paint-by-numbers way of thinking.  

100% disagree. It's more paint by numbers to run people up, demand a claim, and let them go until you get a claim that contradicts like two cops or whatever. It's brainless. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Take your bow

See? This is why you don’t hammer yourself when your town at deadline. Except this time, it actually worked. Well done. 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

See? This is why you don’t hammer yourself when your town at deadline. Except this time, it actually worked. Well done. 

There is still the small chance that it was W/W trains... but even then he'd only feel motivated to self vote if Beaver had a stronger role... otherwise there's no credit to be gained from killing himself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm not going to derail the whole game arguing with people who think the best way to play is to run people up and demand claims until everyone knows what everyone else is. It's not only bad play it's boring play. I long for the day when a scum team grows the balls to exploit the stupid meta that's taken hold here. Until then I've asked Jvill to replace me. Have a nice game everyone.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be interesting to see Ape's stance on the two trains, given what drums pointed out. ie him moving to a train that was never going to get traction before taking off.

If I have time I'll look into it tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

There is still the small chance that it was W/W trains... but even then he'd only feel motivated to self vote if Beaver had a stronger role... otherwise there's no credit to be gained from killing himself.

Very good point. Thought of that too. Yet, not sure what a mafia ninja is or it’s just movie flavor. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nolder said:

Yeah I'm not going to derail the whole game arguing with people who think the best way to play is to run people up and demand claims until everyone knows what everyone else is. It's not only bad play it's boring play. I long for the day when a scum team grows the balls to exploit the stupid meta that's taken hold here. Until then I've asked Jvill to replace me. Have a nice game everyone.

Dude, relax,  pretty sure Beaver was  hammered without revealing. Is that really worth quitting the game over? Suppose to be for the lulz dude. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

FINAL DAY 1 VOTE COUNT

Beaver (8) - Stark, Barry, Spoot, JiF, Nyn, 80, Drums, Crusher

kdels (5) - Arsis, Beaver, Nolder, kdels

Nyn (1) - Greenseed

Stark (1) - Ape

 

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

I think ape and arsis prolly look the worst for me atm from this. Maybe spoot too.. less placement wise cause he voted beaver third... but there is prolly at least one scum on beaver's train and it would have been clever to do it at that point. I guess 80 could be distancing too as far as late voters go.

Btw from ISOing, ape was really hot on beaver, voting him and everything but then peeling off around 2 hours before DL to stark.... 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

The Race of the Century was set to go off in just under 10 minutes, but although The Boys had some primo tickets and a couple of fake press badges, they weren't in their seats. As Starlight began to sing the National Anthem and a sonic boom sounded overhead from, presumably, the Homelander breaking the sound barrier, Mother's Milk had noticed something odd.

 

Black Noir had finished signing autographs for the kids but he wasn't headed for The Seven's luxury box. No, he was slinking down a back corridor, checking both ways before slipping through the door.

 

MM flagged down Frenchie and Butcher, and the rest of The Boys followed Noir down the stadium corridor, hoping he'd lead them straight to a sample of Compound V.

 

But you don't just sneak up on a ninja, especially not a ninja with superpowers. As soon as MM turned the corner, he was slashed right below the waist with a knife.

 

Frenchie pulled the wounded MM away just in time as Butcher opened fire. Luckily, the shots rang out just as the starting gun for the race was fired and the roar of the crowd muted the echos of the blasts. Now the whole gang was opening fire, tossing flash bangs and grenades, anything to slow down the advances of the silent superpower assassin.

 

As the smoke cleared, unbelievably, Black Noir stood there still, unscathed. He stared directly at them and raised his sword, surely about to strike the finishing blow, and then....

 

Out of nowhere a young girl pounced from the ceiling, slipped Noir's own knife from his belt and shoved it straight into his back and through his torso. He dropped to his knees, and gave one last gasp before collapsing into a heap, and a vial of blue liquid labeled Compound V rolled from his satchel and came to rest at Butcher's feet.

 

blacknoir-blogroll-1601686425178_160w.jp

 

Beaver, aka Black Noir, VOUGHT NINJA, has been lynched.

 

It is now NIGHT


 

Comedy Central Noice GIF
 

 

Nice work everyone!  Wish I could take some credit here, lol, but I was pretty neutral on Beaver.  Kdels’ play just screamed town.  Worked out awesome.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I think ape and arsis prolly look the worst for me atm from this. Maybe spoot too.. less placement wise cause he voted beaver third... but there is prolly at least one scum on beaver's train and it would have been clever to do it at that point. I guess 80 could be distancing too as far as late voters go.

Btw from ISOing, ape was really hot on beaver, voting him and everything but then peeling off around 2 hours before DL to stark.... 

Yes that looks really bad especially in hindsight.  He was high on Beaver and then Drums as scum but then completely went off script onto Stark, who is probably my strongest town read now.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nolder said:

Yeah I'm not going to derail the whole game arguing with people who think the best way to play is to run people up and demand claims until everyone knows what everyone else is. It's not only bad play it's boring play. I long for the day when a scum team grows the balls to exploit the stupid meta that's taken hold here. Until then I've asked Jvill to replace me. Have a nice game everyone.

jesus christ GIF

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Great play if scum. Like I said, almost too good. If you are town  we should keep the numbers. I HAMMERED THE  BEAVER. 
 

 

90B072B2-BE3C-49AD-98C3-F6F1628C64DE.gif

Can you explain this? It sounds like you knew Beaver was scum. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • jvill 51 changed the title to "The Boys" Mafia - Season 1 - Game Over.. TOWN WINS!
  • The Crusher unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...