"The Boys" Mafia - Season 1 - Game Over.. TOWN WINS!

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I appreciate your passion but you're just so often misguided. It's fine you feel this way but you're not right.  The town just lynched scum.  I liked Kdels as an info lynch, when he revealed VT, I believed him and it forced me to vote the player I thought was taking advantage of the situation.  And we got it right.  There is no situation where lynching town is better then lynching scum.  If you dont appreciate how we got there fine but acting like you have the silver bullet on how to play this game is laughable. 

Further, what was Kdels recourse?  Just get lynched?  Well that sucks for said player.  I would have done the same thing he did in hopes the votes peel off because I want to play the game.  Not only do I think I'm better then everyone else but I sign up to play.

You need to open your mind and be more inclusive. 

Careful Nolder.  The bold means 2 c**ks at the same time in JiF’s world.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arsis said:

Why do I look bad?

For keeping my vote on kdels who did everything he could up save the beaver?

Lawlz

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

^ the man makes a solid point

He doesn’t have a point at all if Kdels is town.  And if Kdels is scum who was trying to save Beaver, why didn’t he just self hammer when he had the chance?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

He doesn’t have a point at all if Kdels is town.  And if Kdels is scum who was trying to save Beaver, why didn’t he just self hammer when he had the chance?

Kdels did not play town at the time and was desperately trying to save bevear with the power role bullsh*t.

His scummy and anti-town play doesn't change if he flips town. Hindsight doesn't change the right move at the time.

Kdels was the scummiest player of the day.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Arsis said:

Kdels did not play town at the time and was desperately trying to save bevear with the power role bullsh*t.

His scummy and anti-town play doesn't change if he flips town. Hindsight doesn't change the right move at the time.

So why didn’t Kdels self hammer when he had the chance?  

Kdels claimed VT so he’s a nice safe landing spot if we need to test the theory that he was scum too.  But the way you’re going about casing the situation is flawed. 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Uh, the point was that it looked a lot like kdels was protecting beaver. Obviously if kdels is town that isn't what was happening.

I didn't realize kdels had the chance to self hammer. If so, that's also a good point.

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So why didn’t Kdels self hammer when he had the chance?  

Kdels claimed VT so he’s a nice safe landing spot if we need to test the theory that he was scum too.  But the way you’re going about casing the situation is flawed. 

I'm not casing anything but nyn.

Why not self hammer? Because that would have made it obvious. Seeing as how it would have been the obvious thing to do.

Nyn saying that voting for kdels is scummy is what I'm taking issue with.

• Thumb Down 1

On 7/15/2021 at 3:44 AM, Drums said:

I don't think you're scum atm and I don't love the feels I'm getting from nyn right now

by this point ive got nyn clear town. her tone is spot on enuff that id even bet on her role. 

Not sure what to think that drums doesnt see this, especially as he unvotes her and backtracks slightly later

On 7/15/2021 at 3:52 AM, JiFapono said:

I refuse to vote Drums

why? and why did you refuse to vote nolder? is there an actual reason or are you just Jifing?

up to page 5

16 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

deadline today. no strong scum reads but wtl: ape, beaver

drums is my only town read so far

I know @Greenseed4is on his honeymoon but would like to hear more from him between 3 minute bangs. Also, would like to hear more from @Stark and @JiFapono

why is Drums your only town read?

10 hours ago, Nolder said:

No, I actually believe you. It's just the situation demands you be lynched. It's a "better safe than sorry" thing. We haven't talked about policy lynches much around here the past few years but they exist for a reason and policy lynching claimed VTs is just the best play. You shouldn't have claimed. Next time don't.

FFS....  I HATE it when Nolder does this. Usually end up in a fight with him about it.  And now I AM him!  FML...

so ive gone from page 6 to 13 and my overwhelming feeling is that I need to reread those pages cause its sitting like a mess in my head.

1 hour ago, Arsis said:

I'm not casing anything but nyn.

Why not self hammer? Because that would have made it obvious. Seeing as how it would have been the obvious thing to do.

Nyn saying that voting for kdels is scummy is what I'm taking issue with.

Don’t think it was scummy for people tp hang on Kdels as long as their reasoning for doing so was sound.  Thinking Beaver might be a town power role who wasn’t around to reveal was a legit reason presented at the time.  

But with hindsight as a guide it really doesn’t make much sense to double down at this point, as it’s very unlikely Kdels would behave the way he did as scum.  But again, we can easily test that whenever we deem it necessary, as he’s a safe lynch.  

10 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

@Nolder You're lucky I promised Crusher not to downvote posts anymore.... like seriously... I'm gonna go have a smoke just to curb that impulse xD

you were supposed to quit....

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The only reason I kind of get what Nolder is saying is because claiming VT, if town, reduces the pool of NK candidates for scum that night.  If you just say "GFY" when asked for a reveal and survive the noose, you may well draw a NK because scum thinks you're hiding something good.  

I dunno if that always works out in practice, and it certainly doesn't seem necessary to be a "policy lynch" every time, but I can at least see the logic there.

10 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

80, we all know we'd lynch someone who refuses to claim at L-2 so that's just a load of crap. He won't survive till night to get shot. PLUS scum would never NK someone who got run up and is high on the lynching pool.

Like what are you all smoking? I want in

Nyn beat me to this.

Right so i wont be voting nyn shes clearly town to me.

Really liking Crushers stuff so far too.

im believing kdels.

Ape has me scratching my head. As usual. nyn is SO obvious I dont get how he isnt seeing it. the unvote to go vote stark, claiming its a head fake? wtf? 

the rest is kinda swirling in my head.  Will need to reread it

49 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

you were supposed to quit....

Nyn beat me to this.

Right so i wont be voting nyn shes clearly town to me.

Really liking Crushers stuff so far too.

im believing kdels.

Ape has me scratching my head. As usual. nyn is SO obvious I dont get how he isnt seeing it. the unvote to go vote stark, claiming its a head fake? wtf? 

the rest is kinda swirling in my head.  Will need to reread it

2 hours ago, Arsis said:

INyn saying that voting for kdels is scummy is what I'm taking issue with.

When did I say that voting for kdles was scummy?

Obviously just by sheer numbers there's town on kdles' train. 

My actual point is that I think beavers' scummates were most likely not on his train or late voters. Then I pointed out who's most suss to me, incorporated with my town leans thus far.

Ive iso'd you. You've done jack and you were on the opposite side of a scum train. Why should I think you're town?

10 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Kdels, stark and dice are probably all town. Crusher I've kinda liked.

Ape and Arsis should go byebye. 

Jif is a question mark for me so far. 

Still think Barry was acting awkward with me. 

Drums prolly town too...

4 hours ago, Arsis said:

Back to this.

You're very conveniently describing it cut and dry. Scummy play isn't limited to scum. Just like townie play isn't limited to town.

No one is arguing that kdels was playing badly. That's what gained him votes in the first place. Him self voting was horrible too. I said at least once that I will prolly consolidate and vote him once dl came.

But his behavior towards end of day didnt make sense from a scum pov. Occam razor is he's just derptown not knowing how to handle the situation. He also had two things in his favor. The first was that he was actually around at eod. Second is that he didnt do the obvious self preservation move which was to vote beaver. If I were in his shoes? I would have done that as either alignment.

Putting that aside, beaver's scummates would have more likely stayed off his train unless pressed to towards eod. If only cause it's day 1 and they wouldnt wanna lose one this early. That's my opinion in any case.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Kdels, stark and dice are probably all town. Crusher I've kinda liked.

Ape and Arsis should go byebye. 

Jif is a question mark for me so far. 

Still think Barry was acting awkward with me. 

Highly predictable ONGUS pivot 

16 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Could be interesting to see Ape's stance on the two trains, given what drums pointed out. ie him moving to a train that was never going to get traction before taking off.

If I have time I'll look into it tomorrow.

15 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

I think ape and arsis prolly look the worst for me atm from this. Maybe spoot too.. less placement wise cause he voted beaver third... but there is prolly at least one scum on beaver's train and it would have been clever to do it at that point. I guess 80 could be distancing too as far as late voters go.

Btw from ISOing, ape was really hot on beaver, voting him and everything but then peeling off around 2 hours before DL to stark.... 

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

?

?

This I’m willing to revisit. He could have just been doing a great job bussing. No risk at the time, he put that vote on beaver and nobody cared until I cased beaver.

I’d move drums down my list. I like his most recent positions.

I’d imagine scum Jif would bus beaver. I think he’s town for now.

You kept asking for thoughts on beaver as if you know it would be a bad look for some folks later. You’re scum.

Gross bus vote. You’re scum too.

You distancing HARD from Barry. Obvious teammates, imo

This. ?

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Summary: Nyn and Barry are scum. Stark is coin flip.

@Integrity28 Remind me again how omgus works, would ya?  lol

7 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

why is Drums your only town read?

That was yesterday morning. I'd add Stark and probably kdels to that list now.

As for drums, it's obvious when drums is scum and he's not acting that way this game. Part of his scum MO is to hide, which he isn't doing. I think I generally have a good bead on him.

7 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

@Stark I forgot to give you props yesterday but good deal! You should win a prize like a year supply of riceroni lol

thanks Nyn.... a year supply of diapers would be way more appreciated... lol size 4 or 5's..thanks

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I've got a big landscaping project to do at my house this weekend so I probably won't be available much during the RL day. 

its the weekend if anyone give a player any sh!t for being low activity on the weekend they should be mod killed.. just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Nyn, I know you're in a different country but the deadline was 5pm on a workday.

Most people weren't around because they are at work.

Being a loser with no job is not pro town. Lmfaoo.

Trying to bait a townie power role reveal day 1 is not a pro-town debate. I don't see how it can be seen in that light.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Nyn, I know you're in a different country but the deadline was 5pm on a workday.

Most people weren't around because they are at work.

Being a loser with no job is not pro town. Lmfaoo.

Trying to bait a townie power role reveal day 1 is not a pro-town debate. I don't see how it can be seen in that light.

Tell me more about what's pro town and what isn't. I'm riveted!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stark said:

thanks Nyn.... a year supply of diapers would be way more appreciated... lol size 4 or 5's..thanks

its the weekend if anyone give a player any sh!t for being low activity on the weekend they should be mod killed.. just my opinion.

it's been more busy during the weekend this year. I think maybe it was because of covid people had nothing else to do.

my fooking neighbor brought his tractor over and helped me move a whole dump truck full of sand for my project. Saved me a ton of time and a broken back!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

Tell me more about what's pro town and what isn't. I'm riveted!

Fishing for power roles day 1. Doing everything you can to pause a train that ends up flipping scum in order to bait a counter claim and you doing everything you can to paint that as a pro town move is anti-town imo.

What do you disagree with? The lack of 15 out of context quotes? Or pithy zingers?

Ah, it isn't happening during work hours on a work day. That's what makes it pro-town. Getting fired in order to fish for claims at deadline is the most pro town move you've ever seen.

Laughable.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1