"The Boys" Mafia - Season 1 - Game Over.. TOWN WINS!

2 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Spoot is town.  What are your thoughts on Spoot?

you sound very sure.

I like his vote placement on the scum train yesterday. Once he peeled off kdels and onto beaver the others piled on. Don't care for the way he jumped on GS for what seems like something a new player just didn't know. Was feeling better about him after D1 but I'd say null on him.

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

you sound very sure.

I like his vote placement on the scum train yesterday. Once he peeled off kdels and onto beaver the others piled on. Don't care for the way he jumped on GS for what seems like something a new player just didn't know. Was feeling better about him after D1 but I'd say null on him.

GS has played in multiple games now.  His day 1 activity was awful.  I'm voting GS with Spoot.  

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Not a fan of how greenpeen dismounted the new wife and immediately hit up the two leading trains. Could vote him too but I really think ape is scum so I'm staying there for now.

We agree on Ape.  I think competiting trains of Ape and GS is good for town.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

I think he's scum.

I'm not scum. 

51 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What are your thoughts on spoot?

I had him pegged as town, but when I did an ISO I saw that he has been voting the gamut. 
His votes, in order: (JiF, Nolder, Drums, Nolder, kdels, beaver, 80, Greenseed) ... seems like a convenient way to later cherry pick proof that he was voting scum, so he "must be town!" 

There might be a hint of OMGUS in my vote. 

42 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

You're not helping here.  Weren't you voting Ape?

I was.  I thought between he and Barry, that one of them had caught the other as scum... I just couldn't decide on which one, but when Barry came to my defense (over the VT comment) I figured he wouldn't have done that as scum.  Maybe he would have. 
fwiw, I have liked Ape's rebound so moving off him to think more 

33 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Not a fan of how greenpeen dismounted the new wife and immediately hit up the two leading trains. Could vote him too but I really think ape is scum so I'm staying there for now.

Honestly didn't realize Ape was a "leading train" when I was the third person to vote for him at the time. 

20 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

GS has played in multiple games now.  His day 1 activity was awful.  I'm voting GS with Spoot.  

Weakest argument yet.  Talk about lazy voting.  You joined the game and started proclaiming you know that Spoot is town yet you didn't see any of the dozens of posts talking about why my Day 1 activity was limited?  I liked you better when I thought you were covering for Nolder. 

Still, your proclamation has me wondering if maybe you were passed information that you clearly didn't get from reading through or you would have known exactly why I wasn't active. 

unvote

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

you sound very sure.

Ugh. Gross.

You are wrong, dum dum.

54 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

was.  I thought between he and Barry, that one of them had caught the other as scum... I just couldn't decide on which one, but when Barry came to my defense (over the VT comment) I figured he wouldn't have done that as scum.  Maybe he would have. 
fwiw, I have liked Ape's rebound so moving off him to think more 

Wouldn’t the logical vote change then be to vote Barry?

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Why town? Anything specific you see for his town. Plays been lazy, he’s typically pretty active as town. Only spunk I’ve seen from the Beaver was after I voted him, he basically summarized my last few post and that’s about it. 

Last game I played balls to the wall. Angry beaver is tired this game.

you sound very sure.

GS has played a few games with us already, and I feel like he should know that by now. He's picked up the game pretty well, too.

He also used the term "piling on" in a previous post, so he's not a complete newb.

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

I had him pegged as town, but when I did an ISO I saw that he has been voting the gamut. 
His votes, in order: (JiF, Nolder, Drums, Nolder, kdels, beaver, 80, Greenseed) ... seems like a convenient way to later cherry pick proof that he was voting scum, so he "must be town!" 

This is stupid.

1. It's normal to move votes around (not to mention you're including my joke vote on JiF)

2. If I was scum, I wouldn't need to "vote the gamut" just to cherry pick proof that I was voting scum, because I would've known who scum was and just voted them. This is a weird point.

• Sympathy 1

Still, your proclamation has me wondering if maybe you were passed information that you clearly didn't get from reading through or you would have known exactly why I wasn't active. 

Oh my god, he's still doing it, guys.

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

GS has played a few games with us already, and I feel like he should know that by now. He's picked up the game pretty well, too.

He also used the term "piling on" in a previous post, so he's not a complete newb.

So if he should know that know that by now, why would he do it?  

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

This is stupid.

1. It's normal to move votes around (not to mention you're including my joke vote on JiF)

2. If I was scum, I wouldn't need to "vote the gamut" just to cherry pick proof that I was voting scum, because I would've known who scum was and just voted them. This is a weird point.

Not sure you understand the logic I was implying.  But your failure to pick up on the concept makes you more town in my book. 

Note that I unvoted you.  There is a reason for that. 

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

So if he should know that know that by now, why would he do it?  

So in chess they say to think three moves ahead.  What if in this case, I actually did know what I was doing, but then failed to think ahead three moves... like maybe I only thought ahead a move and a half.  

JC proclaimed, "Spoot is town."  ^What I'm saying here is maybe he knows Spoot is town because he is scum, and at the scum debriefing they discuss who they think is what.  Or, when Jville gave him the role update when he subb'd in for Arsis it included any information Arsis may have collected via PR.   

10 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Oh my god, he's still doing it, guys.

overthinking things? probably. 

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

So Gsexy knows JC knows he scum therefore he's basically admitting he's scum by saying that JC has information that he's scum?

Well this doesn't make sense because I'm not scum.  But maybe JC knows that Spoot is not scum. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

So in chess they say to think three moves ahead.  What if in this case, I actually did know what I was doing, but then failed to think ahead three moves... like maybe I only thought ahead a move and a half.  

Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

8 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

JC proclaimed, "Spoot is town."  ^What I'm saying here is maybe he knows Spoot is town because he is scum, and at the scum debriefing they discuss who they think is what.  Or, when Jville gave him the role update when he subb'd in for Arsis it included any information Arsis may have collected via PR.   

Supernatural GIF

8 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Well this doesn't make sense because I'm not scum.  But maybe JC knows that Spoot is not scum. 

lion king wtf GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/16/2021 at 6:52 PM, Arsis said:

Why do I look bad?

For keeping my vote on kdels who did everything he could up save the beaver?

This is how it came across to me as well. 

On 7/16/2021 at 8:24 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

He doesn’t have a point at all if Kdels is town.  And if Kdels is scum who was trying to save Beaver, why didn’t he just self hammer when he had the chance?

I went back and looked. The only time kdels could have self-hammered (i.e., the only time he was at L-1), was when Beaver only had two votes.  Beaver was not a threat to be lynched when kdels could have self-hammer-suicided.  But as the votes started creeping up on Beaver and dwindling from his train, that is when kdels went out of his way to maintain the competing train and even self-voted. 

On 7/16/2021 at 8:29 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

So why didn’t Kdels self hammer when he had the chance?  

Kdels claimed VT so he’s a nice safe landing spot if we need to test the theory that he was scum too.  But the way you’re going about casing the situation is flawed. 

80 repeating himself. 

On 7/16/2021 at 8:32 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Uh, the point was that it looked a lot like kdels was protecting beaver. Obviously if kdels is town that isn't what was happening.

I didn't realize kdels had the chance to self hammer. If so, that's also a good point.

Barry buying it without fact-checking. 

On 7/16/2021 at 8:55 PM, Arsis said:

I'm not casing anything but nyn.

Why not self hammer? Because that would have made it obvious. Seeing as how it would have been the obvious thing to do.
Nyn saying that voting for kdels is scummy is what I'm taking issue with.

Arsis flapping in the pool making splashes. 

On 7/16/2021 at 10:41 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Don’t think it was scummy for people tp hang on Kdels as long as their reasoning for doing so was sound.  Thinking Beaver might be a town power role who wasn’t around to reveal was a legit reason presented at the time.  

But with hindsight as a guide it really doesn’t make much sense to double down at this point, as it’s very unlikely Kdels would behave the way he did as scum.  But again, we can easily test that whenever we deem it necessary, as he’s a safe lynch.  

Hindsight is that Beaver was a scum with PR. So it actually makes a ton of sense for kdels to try to protect the scum "Ninja" by drawing votes.  Your intentions on this were good, but you came away from it with a backwards conclusion.   Please change my mind.  But as you say, he's a safe landing spot due to his claim because he's either a VT or a scum. 

I'm going to side with Arsis here.  Note that I didn't say @Jetscode1because that guy is playing like ass.  But the guy he subb'd in for did some work on this. 

vote kdels.  for playing like a lost scum puppy, which is how I felt when I was scum.  

3 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

This is how it came across to me as well. 

I went back and looked. The only time kdels could have self-hammered (i.e., the only time he was at L-1), was when Beaver only had two votes.  Beaver was not a threat to be lynched when kdels could have self-hammer-suicided.  But as the votes started creeping up on Beaver and dwindling from his train, that is when kdels went out of his way to maintain the competing train and even self-voted. 

80 repeating himself. 

Barry buying it without fact-checking. 

Arsis flapping in the pool making splashes. 

Hindsight is that Beaver was a scum with PR. So it actually makes a ton of sense for kdels to try to protect the scum "Ninja" by drawing votes.  Your intentions on this were good, but you came away from it with a backwards conclusion.   Please change my mind.  But as you say, he's a safe landing spot due to his claim because he's either a VT or a scum. 

I'm going to side with Arsis here.  Note that I didn't say @Jetscode1because that guy is playing like ass.  But the guy he subb'd in for did some work on this. 

vote kdels.  for playing like a lost scum puppy, which is how I felt when I was scum.  

Are we sure the Ninja thing is actually a lower role or just the characters role I’m the show? @jvill 51?

Okay, I’ve mostly caught up. But I wanted to make some points. 

I have no idea how Arsis made his conclusions. It’s very roundabout logic. Arsis is gone now but I still feel like saying that, my feelings on getting lynched were mostly based on the idea that Beaver might’ve been a town PR and the fact that it was unlikely that a VT would get murdered. I’m still down to die. 

Spoot’s game til now has been opportunistic. I buy that, it’s why I put my vote on him towards the end there. I have a bit more to catch up on so I won’t vote here yet.

Ugh, Ape v Nyn feels like town on town violence.

Crusher has converted me I like his game so far.