"The Boys" Mafia - Season 1 - Game Over.. TOWN WINS!

BTW at no point am I even taking credit for my part in it.

Know why? Because we caught a lucky break. Most of us didn't vote beaver cause we thought he was scum. We voted beaver cause we thought kdels was town and beaver was his counter train.

So the fact that anyone would be trying to take credit for any of this is laughable.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

id argue it was more Beaver's inactions and the deadline was about 2 hours out..  but yes 

do you know who claims to know why beaver was inactive? 

On 7/18/2021 at 10:07 AM, Integrity28 said:

Opportunism is scummy.

Read my posts. I made it perfectly clear beaver was my case. Jump to Stark was intended as a head fake to see who might try peeling off beaver.

1. My case on beaver was spot in

2. I later followed it with the astute observation he was told to stay quiet

3. beaver train wasn’t getting traction on deadline day

4. That’s a recipe for me to create an opening for scum to stick there neck out, which is something I do all the time.

I just wasn’t here to execute. If you think I’m lying about RL stuff then I’m out. I’ll leave the game, frankly. I think you all know me better than that.

Transparency is the only explanation I have. Take it or leave it. I’m not repeating myself again though.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

BTW at no point am I even taking credit for my part in it.

Know why? Because we caught a lucky break. Most of us didn't vote beaver cause we thought he was scum. We voted beaver cause we thought kdels was town and beaver was his counter train.

So the fact that anyone would be trying to take credit for any of this is laughable.

true... I voted him for 2 posts that sounded like over explaining and almost identical wording. it was luck no one can argue that. 

the thing was beaver only had 2 votes before the 3 of you moved within minutes of each other.. there were other players that had 1 vote on them.. why, if spoot didn't influence you and you say you didn't see @JiFapono vote yet either, did you go to beaver and not another player with a vote. because you didn't know beaver jumped from 2-4 you just knew that he wasn't around and kdels was.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

do you know who claims to know why beaver was inactive? 

yeah I saw him say that... and he says stuff like that all the time. who knows if its true. hell 2 hours before deadline beaver could have checked in on the game saw he only had 2 votes and thought he was safe and didn't check back in time or at all... 

no way to know

20 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Keep on not liking it. It's dumb to lie about something in the game thread that can be proven so easily. This whole topic is also irrelevant. Even if spoot influenced someone to move to beaver, that doesn't mean anything irt his alignment. It could still be bussing if he was clever enough to see where it was going to shift.

16 minutes ago, Stark said:

agree.. doesn't clear spoot at all. 

however, the likely hood that it would shift and Lynch beaver at 3 votes and completely empty the Kdels train is and would be a huge reach for any player to assume would happen. 

I said this already.  @Spoot-Faceis town.  Accept reality.  Hunt for the scum.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm not voting anyone today that isn't Ape or JC.

You guys have fun.

why what if we only need 1 vote to keep it from going random, you just gonna stick to this? 

don't like this either

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

true... I voted him for 2 posts that sounded like over explaining and almost identical wording. it was luck no one can argue that. 

the thing was beaver only had 2 votes before the 3 of you moved within minutes of each other.. there were other players that had 1 vote on them.. why, if spoot didn't influence you and you say you didn't see @JiFapono vote yet either, did you go to beaver and not another player with a vote. because you didn't know beaver jumped from 2-4 you just knew that he wasn't around and kdels was.

I'm pretty sure I voted beaver before kdels even self voted (the self voting just confirmed it further for me and made me feel good about the vote)... kdels insistence not to vote his counter train so close to DL when his own train was leading by quite a bit, made zero sense to me.  Yes, it was a contributing factor that beaver wasn't around and I said as much. I was weighing all the factors around it to make a call.

I don't remember if I saw JiF's vote or not. Or if he voted before or after me. I have a good head on my shoulders but I don't remember that much detail. That's reserved for studying.

I recall wanting a speedlynch on Barry. No one was following me on it (which in retrospect it's prolly good that they didn't lol).... and those were the only two viable trains close to DL. beaver was null so it seemed like a better alternative than lynching a town lean.

It was a really rough EoD overall. I was frazzled but eventually found my footing.

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lulz.  Nice OMGUS. 

Not really.

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Neither JiF nor Nyn credit you with having any influence over your vote but Spoot says they did so it must be true!

Eh.

I really don't care that much. This all started when JiF sussed me for my vote on kdels as "opportunistic" when we don't even know kdels alignment, which I thought was silly. So I pointed out that I jumped off kdels train when he was L-1 (I think) onto Beaver's at a critical time close to deadline. Whether Beaver's train would've built whether I voted or not, I don't care. I just don't like this false narrative you've been pushing since that I'm trying to make myself the "town hero". Like I said, I don't do that sh*t. Which makes you look scummy in my eye.

EAD

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Do me a favor and read back to how the Beaver train developed and what Spoot was saying before making such a dumb conclusion.  My logic is sound and Spoot's behavior was scummy AF.  

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

I still think Ape is scummy but 80 moved up my list.  That bullsh*t on Spoot deserves a vote.

Unvote, vote 80

You didn't read back.  I did the work for you on Spoot and now you want to bite the hand that feeds without putting in the work yourself.  What is it you like to say about people?  "You're not hunting".  That's what you're doing right now.  Not hunting.  

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Spoot was the momentum vote that led to the beaver lynch. Unless kdels is scum I find it hard to believe spoot is. For that reason, I think kdels would be a better lynch than spoot.

Any thoughts on Arsis/JC?

Honestly, I think you’re over-estimating the Spoot vote. I don’t think that vote speak to his alignment. Scum budding there would have great optics. Just like scum voting Stark where I did would have terrible optics.

The amount of assumptions your reads are built on can be risky - it’s how I used to play, and would get me all tangled up as town.

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

From the earlier post, Spoot pivoted from kdels to Beaver before it was popular and Beaver ended up scum.  Solid town play in my book.

Cool story!  Did you also notice that when Kdels still had a 6-5 lead, I voted Beaver to give Beaver the 6-5 lead?  Do you also recall I told Kdels NOT to self-hammer?  Of course not, because you didn't actually look back.  You voted me instead for no good reason.  

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was the self-proclaimed momentum vote.  This claim was not based in reality.  

80 nudging at things again.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

How is it not reality?

^ kdels at L1, beaver has 2 votes - 47 minutes to deadline

beaver to 3 

beaver to 4, etc

You’re only considering surface level optics. As scum, Spoot moving from kdel (let’s assume town) to beaver (scum) is a GREAT look for him, and am hardly condemns beaver.

I actually noted that Spoot vote on beaver as a ping in my notes. It felt more bussy.

Scum rarely defends scum. I think that’s where you’re logic is flawed with me and possibly Spoot.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Cool story!  Did you also notice that when Kdels still had a 6-5 lead, I voted Beaver to give Beaver the 6-5 lead?  Do you also recall I told Kdels NOT to self-hammer?  Of course not, because you didn't actually look back.  You voted me instead for no good reason.  

lol

Now look who's playing "super townie".

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

they came after spoot - his vote looks like the impetus. If his vote wasn't the cause of that momentum what was?

When I extended my case on beaver and talked about him being instructed to keep quiet. That’s when the swing happened. Votes don’t create momentum - dialogue does.

Spiot could easily be scum who was moving with the tide of sentiment. Read the room.

27 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Not really.

Eh.

I really don't care that much. This all started when JiF sussed me for my vote on kdels as "opportunistic" when we don't even know kdels alignment, which I thought was silly. So I pointed out that I jumped off kdels train when he was L-1 (I think) onto Beaver's at a critical time close to deadline. Whether Beaver's train would've built whether I voted or not, I don't care. I just don't like this false narrative you've been pushing since that I'm trying to make myself the "town hero". Like I said, I don't do that sh*t. Which makes you look scummy in my eye.

EAD

It's the combined impact of you picking a name out of the hat at the end of the train AND saying you were the momentum vote that was problematic.  You don't get to lazily vote a random person of 3 late voters without doing the analysis on the train, but also get to claim you were a momentum vote.  You were trying to eat your cake and have it to.  That was the problem. 

Not surprisingly, I've had to explain that about 4 times to the game at large.

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

lol

Now look who's playing "super townie".

I'm not the one who failed to put in the work to analyze the train at the time or picked out a random person as a bus vote.  

I also noted at the time that Beaver was a neutral read for me.  I take no credit for the lynch.  I'm just pointing out that JC is voting me without putting in the work to demonstrate my logic isn't sound.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

When I extended my case on beaver and talked about him being instructed to keep quiet. That’s when the swing happened. Votes don’t create momentum - dialogue does.

Spiot could easily be scum who was moving with the tide of sentiment. Read the room.

i'd be surprised if spoot isn't town.

if votes don't create momentum what does your stark vote accomplish?

80 vs Spoot reeks. 80 hitting tells.

Stark is pinging going after easy targets with fringe logic.

Barry is noob. Nyn is blockhead. JC is a shell of himself. Greenseed is poopie. Crusher and Jif are townish, or at least not giant idiots. Dice is useless. Thread is unreadable. Kdels is being grossly ignored.

80, Stark = die.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

i'd be surprised if spoot isn't town.

if votes don't create momentum what does your stark vote accomplish?

ffs dude.

can I teach you how to play after the game? Mid-game all you do is think I’m trying to trick you anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm just pointing out that JC is voting me without putting in the work to demonstrate my logic isn't sound.

Scum tones.

Sounds like scum that thinks he’s done an excellent job  and is  pissed that people are blind squirreling him.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's the combined impact of you picking a name out of the hat at the end of the train AND saying you were the momentum vote that was problematic.  You don't get to lazily vote a random person of 3 late voters without doing the analysis on the train, but also get to claim you were a momentum vote.  You were trying to eat your cake and have it to.  That was the problem. 

Not surprisingly, I've had to explain that about 4 times to the game at large.

You seem more upset that I randomly landed on you, rather than Nyn or Crusher.

I'll fill you in on a little secret. I wasn't committed to that. Sure, in many cases scum will pile on a scummate last minute in a desperate bus attempt. That could've been happening. I wasn't sure. I just wanted to poke the hornets nest to see what bug-eyed little cretins flew out.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Barry is noob. Nyn is blockhead. JC is a shell of himself. Greenseed is poopie. Crusher and Jif are townish, or at least not giant idiots. Dice is useless. Thread is unreadable. Kdels is being grossly ignored.

80, Stark = die.

Yes

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

80, Stark = die.

Poopie?!

poop diarrhea GIF