"The Boys" Mafia - Season 1 - Game Over.. TOWN WINS!

Question, does dice thinking no lynch was the right play make him scum - or just wrong?

Given that 80 couldn't be lynched - and scum would have known that - what motivation would scum have had to stick their neck out and advocate a no lynch?

To me, that's just not a logical course for scum - I think the quick votes on Dice here look bad. Especially from Stark.

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

The other dude on lichess is a fake creed.  You stopped watching Rocky movies.  Sacrilegious.

No, I love Rocky movies. I don't know what a "fake creed" is though - and frankly, I thought of the weird guy from The Office.

Can you stop being a fake weirdo?

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Question, does dice thinking no lynch was the right play make him scum - or just wrong?

Given that 80 couldn't be lynched - and scum would have known that - what motivation would scum have had to stick their neck out and advocate a no lynch?

To me, that's just not a logical course for scum - I think the quick votes on Dice here look bad. Especially from Stark.

Dice getting lynched is a positive for town.  I'm surprised you don't see that.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

No, I love Rocky movies. I don't know what a "fake creed" is though - and frankly, I thought of the weird guy from The Office.

Can you stop being a fake weirdo?

Did you see Creed?  Can you stop being so obtuse?  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Did you see Creed?  Can you stop being so obtuse?  

Yes, I don't remember anything about fake Creed's though. I mean, you brought up a stupid pop-cultural reference and I said I don't get it - you're making an issue out of it, but sure, I'm obtuse.

1 minute ago, Dicetosser said:

I read his 3 rules on page 1 and it doesnt say that there. also doesnt say you cant no lynch. Have i missed something?

Failure to reach majority before deadline results in a random lynch. You’re right that it should be included in the rules.

Also want to point out that town can vote to no lynch, i.e if a majority of the remaining players vote not to lynch the game will proceed to night with no deaths that day phase.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, I don't remember anything about fake Creed's though. I mean, you brought up a stupid pop-cultural reference and I said I don't get it - you're making an issue out of it, but sure, I'm obtuse.

You missed the premise of the movie.

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

You missed the premise of the movie.

No, I didn't. You chose to capitalize F in Fake, which led me to believe it was the formal name of something. I simply misunderstood you - which is profoundly inexplicable, since you speak in broken thoughts and assume everyone knows what the voices in your head are telling you.

You can stop now.

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What does openly mean?  In this context?

Asking folks to evaluate the logic of Dice's actions through both the scum lens and the town lens - in thread - where you can get folks to weigh in on something that can prove pivotal/informative later.

That's what it means.

Would you like me to explain what butt**** means? In this context?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, I didn't. You chose to capitalize F in Fake, which led me to believe it was the formal name of something. I simply misunderstood you - which is profoundly inexplicable, since you speak in broken thoughts and assume everyone knows what the voices in your head are telling you.

You can stop now.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You can stop now.

Asking folks to evaluate the logic of Dice's actions through both the scum lens and the town lens - in thread - where you can get folks to weigh in on something that can prove pivotal/informative later.

That's what it means.

Would you like me to explain what butt**** means? In this context?

Negative waves man.  Unvote, vote @Integrity28

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

not sure what happened to you to focus on me but you wrong..

Just going off of 80's play and his reads... we all know he makes a list and busses at least 1 or 2 scum to give him town credit.. his top 3 were you, spoot, and Barry.... he said toss in JC at some point. so it wouldn't be horrible to look there except you can probably leave out JC unless you just don't read the game. of all those people, spoot is confirmed town, Barry was defending spoot to 80, which could just be scum team playing it up, and then theirs you. 

sometimes you make plays to get reactions, right? sometimes I do as well... my poking the last few hours of D2 were to see if anyone would bite on anything with the nyn/spoot case. at that point the entire game was basically dead, no posting or anything. I had spoot as a town read so its not as if I was just being a "moron" taking the easy case. I was trying to get people to play/see if anyone moved or said anything dumb.

believe it if you want, but ffs you gotta chill and let people do some sh*t their way because there isn't just one way to play this game

NOlder/Dice was 80s first vote out the gate which is meta for him to place a vote on his teammate right away and then move. does that mean he did so in this case, no. however dice was on something at the end of the last day so its worth the votes..

Dice/APE/Barry/Kdels/JiF/Green/Nyn/JC

this is how I would have it right now... in that order. 

Negative waves man.  Unvote, vote @Integrity28

Cool. 

Don't case people. Don't examine logic.

Simply vote in accordance with hurt feelings. If you weren't Spoots mason partner, I'd swear you were scum.

It's not like you to be this big a puss.

The upside, your streak for reading me wrong now far exceeds that age-old streak you had for reading me right. 

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Cool. 

Don't case people. Don't examine logic.

Simply vote in accordance with hurt feelings. If you weren't Spoots mason partner, I'd swear you were scum.

It's not like you to be this big a puss.

The upside, your streak for reading me wrong now far exceeds that age-old streak you had for reading me right. 

I do not care for hot streaks, not historical context.  Outcome doesn't dictate strategy.

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He didn’t “advocate it”.  He was voting you.  He posed that idea, today, in hindsight. 

He's disgusting.  

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

not sure what happened to you to focus on me but you wrong..

Just going off of 80's play and his reads... we all know he makes a list and busses at least 1 or 2 scum to give him town credit.. his top 3 were you, spoot, and Barry.... he said toss in JC at some point. so it wouldn't be horrible to look there except you can probably leave out JC unless you just don't read the game. of all those people, spoot is confirmed town, Barry was defending spoot to 80, which could just be scum team playing it up, and then theirs you. 

sometimes you make plays to get reactions, right? sometimes I do as well... my poking the last few hours of D2 were to see if anyone would bite on anything with the nyn/spoot case. at that point the entire game was basically dead, no posting or anything. I had spoot as a town read so its not as if I was just being a "moron" taking the easy case. I was trying to get people to play/see if anyone moved or said anything dumb.

believe it if you want, but ffs you gotta chill and let people do some sh*t their way because there isn't just one way to play this game

NOlder/Dice was 80s first vote out the gate which is meta for him to place a vote on his teammate right away and then move. does that mean he did so in this case, no. however dice was on something at the end of the last day so its worth the votes..

Dice/APE/Barry/Kdels/JiF/Green/Nyn/JC

this is how I would have it right now... in that order. 

I never said you were being a moron. I've considered what you were doing as if it was reaction-tests, but you never followed-up with any insights. So, I made the judgement that you were trying to take easy targets instead. I look at things people do from the stance of "if they were scum..." and "if they were town..." I'm playing the game. Most of the people playing are talking about feelings and/or biased by them.

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

He didn’t “advocate it”.  He was voting you.  He posed that idea, today, in hindsight. 

He's disgusting.  

But to the point I'm making, is Dice a guy that's going to do something this high-risk as scum? Given they would have known that 80 can't be lynched. 100 times out a 100, I wouldn't. I guess that's what has me pondering this.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I never said you were being a moron. I've considered what you were doing as if it was reaction-tests, but you never followed-up with any insights. So, I made the judgement that you were trying to take easy targets instead. I look at things people do from the stance of "if they were scum..." and "if they were town..." I'm playing the game. Most of the people playing are talking about feelings and/or biased by them.

I know you'er just playing the game. I also put moron in quotes as sarcasm, not that you called me that. 

honestly there was nothing to follow up on really. no one even engaged

But to the point I'm making, is Dice a guy that's going to do something this high-risk as scum? Given they would have known that 80 can't be lynched. 100 times out a 100, I wouldn't. I guess that's what has me pondering this.

It wasn’t high risk, at all. 

15 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

DAY 3 VOTE COUNT

Dice (2) - JiF, Stark

Ape (2) - Gsexy, JC

Stark (1) - Ape

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Dice and I would have been my hard bets for the primary vote-getters today. Both lynches have been getting set up for a while now. I'm fine with the competing trains.

I think the reality is I'm working hard - and y'all aren't keeping up - so, you're being paranoid. That's fine, I don't like being an easy read... I just expected more from y'all.

Ho hum.

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

I know you'er just playing the game. I also put moron in quotes as sarcasm, not that you called me that. 

honestly there was nothing to follow up on really. no one even engaged

That's the biggest issue I'm having with this game.

People are posting, but not with substance - perhaps I've set the bar too high, I can downshift to poop talk.

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It wasn’t high risk, at all. 

I guess that's the rub, right? Is what he did high risk. I kind of felt it was... which is informing how I'm processing the logic. If you deem it low-risk, then the logic shifts completely.

So yea. Either way, I'd drop a vote on him - I was hoping to squeeze more scum hunting out of this day phase though.