"The Boys" Mafia - Season 1 - Game Over.. TOWN WINS!

jvill 51

My honest take? I think it’s really far-fetched to think all that Nolderp quitting, with Nolderp, Beaver, and you all voting you D1 was some sort of gambit. It just seems more likely Barry was the early vote on beaver, 80 was the late vote.

I think it’s far more likely Barry tried to sheep Nyn when she voted me, got RL pissed at me calling him dumb, and wanted to carry me to end game to try and school me.

Youve both done things I’d paint as manipulative and townie, so it’s a wash. I’m going to roll with my gut.

Either way, I have been drunk for 4 days. Up most of the night. Don’t care much anymore.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

My honest take? I think it’s really far-fetched to think all that Nolderp quitting, with Nolderp, Beaver, and you all voting you D1 was some sort of gambit. It just seems more likely Barry was the early vote on beaver, 80 was the late vote.

I think it’s far more likely Barry tried to sheep Nyn when she voted me, got RL pissed at me calling him dumb, and wanted to carry me to end game to try and school me.

Youve both done things I’d paint as manipulative and townie, so it’s a wash. I’m going to roll with my gut.

Either way, I have been drunk for 4 days. Up most of the night. Don’t care much anymore.

Lol… I’m not capable of whatever this is.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Lol… I’m not capable of whatever this is.

Yea, it would mean you, nolder, beaver all voted you to save beaver. 

If that’s what you did, bravo. I don’t see it.

Nolderp saying “you will regret it” and quitting is the major moment that gives me pause. In short, if I contribute to us getting it wrong here because of that, I probably just don’t join games he’s in going forward. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, it would mean you, nolder, beaver all voted you to save beaver. 

If that’s what you did, bravo. I don’t see it.

Nolderp saying “you will regret it” and quitting is the major moment that gives me pause. In short, if I contribute to us getting it wrong here because of that, I probably just don’t join games he’s in going forward. 

I’m way too chill a person for all this. I just wanna play the game and get better at it. Plus training camp starts tomorrow.   I just don’t see Barry having a scummy game at all. If you have something on him that looks scummy then show it. 

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I’m way too chill a person for all this. I just wanna play the game and get better at it. Plus training camp starts tomorrow.   I just don’t see Barry having a scummy game at all. If you have something on him that looks scummy then show it. 

I have throughout the game. I could easily sell you on Barry here - but, I won’t. We all have to make our own call.

If you’re being sincere and you want to get better at the game, don’t ask others to convince you. See each players actions thru your own lens, not the lens if others.

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Why didn’t you ask Barry to show it?

He just said he has me as scum, and you accepted that. I’ll show my work, if you get him to.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I've had him ranked over you for scum the entire game. Only reason I backed off is the way he and JiF smoked out the super scum role.

If you're scum, congrats. I don't see myself moving my vote.

Why is Ape scum?

11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

@Barry McCockinner show your work

unvote

7 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Why is Ape scum?

• D1 move off beaver with less than an hour to deadline. 
  • Creating manipulative false narratives like "barry is just following around nyn" and "barry was sheeping nyn". 
  • basically sussed anyone who voted him all game
  • Generally haven't seen his game as townish aside from the 80 smoke out which kept me away from him after D2 for the most part. Now w/4 scum it's more likely scum would have pulled a move like that.

That and POE - I just can't see kdels being scum here. If he is GG.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

• D1 move off beaver with less than an hour to deadline. 
  • Creating manipulative false narratives like "barry is just following around nyn" and "barry was sheeping nyn". 
  • basically sussed anyone who voted him all game
  • Generally haven't seen his game as townish aside from the 80 smoke out which kept me away from him after D2 for the most part. Now w/4 scum it's more likely scum would have pulled a move like that.

That and POE - I just can't see kdels being scum here. If he is GG.

kdels has a terrible voting record.  has not caught onto even one scum.  i could lynch for that.

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

Just re-read @Barry McCockinner.  Very little scum hunting other than throwing shade at Ape every other day.  No votes on D2 and D4.  The JiF lynch was awful as he pushed for the lynch but stayed off the train.  Most likely voting here.  Need to re-read @Integrity28.

D2 I explained what happened.

D4 I was waiting for JiF to reveal. 🤦‍♂️

23 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

why would you track 80 when he already admitted he was scum?

Throws shade on Dice as if he's hunting.

23 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

GS was the more obvious target. and frankly I dont give a damn if JC dies. He has done nothing of any use except that mason claim

cause i screwed up and used the wrong one. I should have watched him but i put track by mistake

23 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

vote jif

Nyn votes JiF

Sure.

vote dice

he could have said he tracked any dead player as a cover. He's not lying.

explain

unvote

Allows Nyn to dissuade him from lynching Dice.

If we really do have one last scum left, this is pretty much game over anyhow cause we have days to spare. So I'm not like super worried here.

If he was fake claiming right now he would give out NAs that make sense. Not a tracking of a player who already fessed up to being scum... and then say he confused the PRs.

He's telling the truth.

@JiFapono claim please

I think it's fine to lynch JiF here unless he's actually doc. If dice is lying we just speed lynch him tomorrow. 

Barry doesn't vote JiF but pushed the narrative that we could just speed lynch Dice next.  My take is that he is scum who wants to appear as town and is convinced with suggestions from another town.

2 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Nyn votes JiF

Barry doesn't vote JiF but pushed the narrative that we could just speed lynch Dice next.  My take is that he is scum who wants to appear as town and is convinced with suggestions from another town.

ugh - I thought it was a safe approach - didn't see it through to this point. I get your logic but it's not me.

On 7/23/2021 at 12:41 PM, Integrity28 said:

Here are the other things I think we all know/accept:

- JC is spoots mason partner, if not, then the real mason partner should counter because DUH! Town read.
- Green is making a mess. I cannot see him doing any of this with scum mates helping guide him. Town read.
- Nyn's disgust seems real. Not fake. Town read.
- Dice is a hard read for me. I don't see the logic of him doing what he did in the 80/Crusher moment, as scum. I completely disagree with JIF's take on it. Null / town lean.
- Barry is a hard read this game too. I think he's being a little dense, rather than scum. Null / town lean.
- Kdels hasn't really done much since D1. I never saw the reason for his D1 train, so ??? Null.

Frankly, Stark and JIF have the cleanest games. You all know how I generally feel about that. Scum knows how to avoid looking bad, town doesn't. 

Who has the cleanest game now?

47 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Nyn votes JiF

Think this through man. I had put dice at L1 there because it sounded like a BS explanation. What nyn said made some sense - you even acknowledged that. It seemed like we had days to find scum. Now we're at mylo.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Think this through man. I had put dice at L1 there because it sounded like a BS explanation. What nyn said made some sense - you even acknowledged that. It seemed like we had days to find scum. Now we're at mylo.

mylo, huh?

who dat

On 7/23/2021 at 7:04 PM, Integrity28 said:

Barry is probably town. His play, while epically stupid, is unguarded feeling. That or he so bad as scum WFOM is keeping him afloat.

Barry wanting credit for voting me first is town boobery. Im town, but the point still remains, did Nyn sheep him?

Would Nyn de cheap “mad at you” tactics to hide as scum?

I told you deep holes the votes on me needed to be examined. This is what you get… AIDS!!!

What changed?  Why is Barry scum?

On 7/26/2021 at 11:35 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

@JiFapono claim please

I think it's fine to lynch JiF here unless he's actually doc. If dice is lying we just speed lynch him tomorrow. 

On 7/26/2021 at 11:36 AM, Integrity28 said:

Agree.

Just a point here.  I called out Barry here earlier and it does look like Ape and I both agreed.  The problem is we had the scum count wrong.  Just pointing this out to be fair to Barry.

Sorry to interrupt.  Just posted this in the "Random Fun Facts" thread in the lounge, and thought @JiFapono and @Stark would enjoy it:

During the Battle of Britain in 1940, a bomb fell on an outbuilding belonging to Richmond Golf Club in Surrey, England.  Luckily, there were no casualties. 

As a result, the owners of the club, rather than halting future rounds of golf, instead issued the following list of temporary golf rules to all members that took into account the danger of further bombings:

1. Players are asked to collect Bomb and Shrapnel splinters to save these causing damage to the Mowing Machines.
  2. In Competitions, during gunfire or while bombs are falling, players may take cover without penalty for ceasing play.
  3. The positions of known delayed action bombs are marked by red flags placed at a reasonably, but not guaranteed, safe distance therefrom.
  4. Shrapnel and/or bomb splinters on the Fairways, or in the Bunkers within a club's length of a ball, may be moved without penalty, and no penalty shall be incurred if a ball is thereby caused to move accidentally.
  5. A ball moved by enemy action may be replaced, or if lost or destroyed, a ball may be dropped not nearer the hole without penalty.
  6. A ball lying in a crater may be lifted and dropped not nearer the hole, preserving the line to the hole, without penalty.
  7. A player whose stroke is affected by the simultaneous explosion of a bomb may play another ball from the same place.  Penalty one stroke.

Source:  https://www.amazon.com/Lists-Note-Eclectic-Collection-Deserving/dp/1452144575

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sorry to interrupt.  Just posted this in the "Random Fun Facts" thread in the lounge, and thought @JiFapono and @Stark would enjoy it:

During the Battle of Britain in 1940, a bomb fell on an outbuilding belonging to Richmond Golf Club in Surrey, England.  Luckily, there were no casualties. 

As a result, the owners of the club, rather than halting future rounds of golf, instead issued the following list of temporary golf rules to all members that took into account the danger of further bombings:

1. Players are asked to collect Bomb and Shrapnel splinters to save these causing damage to the Mowing Machines.
  2. In Competitions, during gunfire or while bombs are falling, players may take cover without penalty for ceasing play.
  3. The positions of known delayed action bombs are marked by red flags placed at a reasonably, but not guaranteed, safe distance therefrom.
  4. Shrapnel and/or bomb splinters on the Fairways, or in the Bunkers within a club's length of a ball, may be moved without penalty, and no penalty shall be incurred if a ball is thereby caused to move accidentally.
  5. A ball moved by enemy action may be replaced, or if lost or destroyed, a ball may be dropped not nearer the hole without penalty.
  6. A ball lying in a crater may be lifted and dropped not nearer the hole, preserving the line to the hole, without penalty.
  7. A player whose stroke is affected by the simultaneous explosion of a bomb may play another ball from the same place.  Penalty one stroke.

Source:  https://www.amazon.com/Lists-Note-Eclectic-Collection-Deserving/dp/1452144575

Lol I’ve seen this before. More sensible than most of the actual rules of golf honestly. Except the one stroke penalty for a ******* bomb going off in your backswing.

• Haha 2