"The Boys" Mafia - Season 1 - Game Over.. TOWN WINS!

12 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Vote Kdels

Good luck.

In case it’s not obvious. This is the first vote of the phase. If I were scum, I’d have followed. Strategically, it’d make the most sense to piggy-back the confirmed mason, then let him work on convincing Barry. Just saying.

Instead I was actually trying to decipher this mess as 3-4 am.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

D2 I explained what happened.

D4 I was waiting for JiF to reveal. ?‍♂️

Barry has done this to me too, @Jetscode1. He has a better dicentation if the townie things he’s done as defense, than the scummy things he’s pursued by others.

I legit just can’t decide if he ducks at this - or is scum. I’ve had lots of bad DN players create this dilemma.

31 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Who has the cleanest game now?

Mine is dirtiest, intentionally. It’s how I play. Risk taking town draws scum out.

kdels was only in one good train, if I’m right, and it was his self-vote. His vote record looks bad. I’d think scum would do better with bussing optics. 80, beaver and nolder did.

dice, 80 and Barry inspiring to put egg in my face sounds like the situation playing out. I think Barry initially tried to frame me from the Stark vote, when he laid off it was dice that went after it. 

id say kdels hid by low activity, while Barry hid behind nyn and I.

kdels cleaner, in that regard - but, feels like Barry has worked to stay clean.

36 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

What changed?  Why is Barry scum?

Not much has changed. I’ve waffled since yesterday, but when voting Barry just now I said I was going with my gut. After seeing Beaver and 80 as scum, Barry was one of my top suspects. 

Badically this:

- opportunism going after my Stark vote

- I don’t see 3 scum on idles train, but only 1 on beavers (Barry makes sense as an early bus, and I quote his beaver vote as a ping at the time)

- he’s more interested in looking clean, than hunting scum

- he has done more nudging, etc than kels

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Mine is dirtiest, intentionally. It’s how I play. Risk taking town draws scum out.

Yup.  Always hard to look clean when you're trying to force interactions.

kdels was only in one good train, if I’m right, and it was his self-vote. His vote record looks bad. I’d think scum would do better with bussing optics. 80, beaver and nolder did.

kdels was on the JiF train as well.  Not a good look.  Barry on Beaver (early position as well) but did not vote on D2 or D4.  Equally damning.  You didn't vote on D4 as well.

dice, 80 and Barry inspiring to put egg in my face sounds like the situation playing out. I think Barry initially tried to frame me from the Stark vote, when he laid off it was dice that went after it. 

The Stark vote during D1 was poor play but one I've made before.  

id say kdels hid by low activity, while Barry hid behind nyn and I.

Barry kinda let others take the lead during scum hunting.  Does he usually do this?  Thought he was usually more aggressive.

kdels cleaner, in that regard - but, feels like Barry has worked to stay clean.

kdels appears frustrated towny.  Sad if I'm wrong here but OK.  Barry kinda went with the flow of the game.  Sad, I didn't push him earlier when we had more voices to evaluate him.

Just now, jvill 51 said:

DAY 5 VOTE COUNT

Ape (1) - Barry

Barry (1) - Ape

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

You know what makes me sad about this? 

1 of these 2 is scum and I’ve been terrible since day 1 and now I have to have 1 ******* moment of clarity or lose the game. 

Just now, kdels62 said:

You know what makes me sad about this? 

1 of these 2 is scum and I’ve been terrible since day 1 and now I have to have 1 ******* moment of clarity or lose the game. 

lol.  this is why we play.  for moments like this.  don't worry.  if we lose blame me.  lol

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

seems you've made up your mind already but I did let everyone know I'd be less active in the signup thread. 

It's ape.

Yeah, I'd say I'm leaning your way.  I just recall when you started playing here and I was scum a couple of times.  You rode my ass like a $2 ho.  Just didn't see that this game.  Then Ape delivers that "blame me" line and I rotate back to him.  Good game either way.  I kind of butchered this when we lynched JiF too soon.  My head was screaming it was Dice.  I just thought we had one left and I'd just shoot him FTW. 

Hats off to @jvill 51for creating this puzzle.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Yeah, I'd say I'm leaning your way.  I just recall when you started playing here and I was scum a couple of times.  You rode my ass like a $2 ho.  Just didn't see that this game.  Then Ape delivers that "blame me" line and I rotate back to him.  Good game either way.  I kind of butchered this when we lynched JiF too soon.  My head was screaming it was Dice.  I just thought we had one left and I'd just shoot him FTW. 

Hats off to @jvill 51for creating this puzzle.  

yup. sometimes I get lucky playing that way. other times it f's up town and kind of takes the air out of the room. Made a conscious effort to take a more laid back approach and not. Sucks if that's what loses the game, especially if it's ape. If it's kdels i'll just laugh.

jvill games are the best.

GG

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

seems you've made up your mind already but I did let everyone know I'd be less active in the signup thread. 

It's ape.

Nobody talked about you being "less active". It was about you being less concerned with finding scum and more concerned with managing the optics of how you've done townie things.

I feel good about my decision. You didn't come into this day with the intent to hunt/solve. You came in, dropped the vote on me like you've been setting up, and stayed quiet. Let town chase after those being vocal, sit back, and hope your play works. This is exactly how I'd have played it, FYI, so good job, but that's my take on it.

I'm not waffling any longer. I feel good about my vote.

33 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Wow!  If I'm wrong here you win.  Pretty scummy post, don't ya think?

It was a reference to me being horrible in end-games, dude. Not meant as anything other than a self-deprecating joke.

My gosh, guys. I've taken you all for mind-bending rides when I'm scum. How do you not "feel" the difference when I'm not actively manipulating all of you at once?

A quick read through and Barry played such a clean game. He questioned the right things, corrected amateur mistakes by me and GS, he sided with Nyn and then questioned Nyn. I’m gonna go around on both of them again but that was the general vibe I got.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

yup. sometimes I get lucky playing that way. other times it f's up town and kind of takes the air out of the room. Made a conscious effort to take a more laid back approach and not. Sucks if that's what loses the game, especially if it's ape. If it's kdels i'll just laugh.

jvill games are the best.

GG

I use to care about making sure I didn't lose to certain players but I'm over that.  Just have to trust your reads.  Cool to see you post about the meta in the sign-ups.  I didn't see it as I subbed in.  I'll weigh that in.    

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

In case it’s not obvious. This is the first vote of the phase. If I were scum, I’d have followed. Strategically, it’d make the most sense to piggy-back the confirmed mason, then let him work on convincing Barry. Just saying.

Instead I was actually trying to decipher this mess as 3-4 am.

Pointing out the bait and being like “see I didn’t take the bait” is… not great.

4 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I use to care about making sure I didn't lose to certain players but I'm over that.  Just have to trust your reads.  Cool to see you post about the meta in the sign-ups.  I didn't see it as I subbed in.  I'll weigh that in.    

To be clear it's not that I care about losing to ape (or anyone) in general, it's just I had him in the crosshairs and let it go. 

it is what it is

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Nobody talked about you being "less active". It was about you being less concerned with finding scum and more concerned with managing the optics of how you've done townie things.

I feel good about my decision. You didn't come into this day with the intent to hunt/solve. You came in, dropped the vote on me like you've been setting up, and stayed quiet. Let town chase after those being vocal, sit back, and hope your play works. This is exactly how I'd have played it, FYI, so good job, but that's my take on it.

I'm not waffling any longer. I feel good about my vote.

How was my vote on you setup ape? You like to make up these type of things.

You're right I haven't done much hunt/solve today because I am convinced it's you and I see nothing compelling about kdels to change my mind. No need to over complicate here. It's between 2 f'n people.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

To be clear it's not that I care about losing to ape (or anyone) in general, it's just I had him in the crosshairs and let it go. 

it is what it is

When did you let it go? The problem you’re having, if town, is that you’re refusing to re-evaluate. Even now.

Let it go? Haha. We’re in end game and you’re still singing 1 note.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

How was my vote on you setup ape? You like to make up these type of things.

You're right I haven't done much hunt/solve today because I am convinced it's you and I see nothing compelling about kdels to change my mind. No need to over complicate here. It's between 2 f'n people.

You’ve been setting up my lynch since the end of D1. Did I stutter?

This post answers itself.

8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

A quick read through and Barry played such a clean game. He questioned the right things, corrected amateur mistakes by me and GS, he sided with Nyn and then questioned Nyn. I’m gonna go around on both of them again but that was the general vibe I got.

Or you more or less inclined to vote him or Ape?

Like I suggested in my posts to Barry, I'm leaning a town read on Ape.  He was more the aggressor.  Terrible misdirection on D1.  I can overlook that as I've done similar.  Then he pivots to 80.  Good catch or just scum who knew his scum mates.  I can't tell.  Avoided the JiF/Dice decision but that went pretty fast and looked organic.

Barry has some good moments as well.  The Beaver votes stands out as well as pushing Dice.  Two missing votes and less aggressiveness leads to less mistakes.  Could be my meta on him and he really did want to change his play style.  I know how hard that is to accomplish.    

I'm sure I'll fukk this up.  

On 7/18/2021 at 1:31 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

1. Stark's case was good, wasn't it?

2. Unless you have more information than the rest of us I don't see where this comes from. You're patting yourself on the back for knowing something that the rest of us are unaware of.

3. The beaver train was the only other viable train all day. Mine got to 2 briefly when nolderp derped out.

4. IMO scum did stick it's neck out by bailing on the only other viable train when the deadline was approaching. Not saying I don't believe you about RL stuff but your hopping off the only other viable train that just happened to be scum is a tough pill to swallow. Explain exactly what your trap supposed to be there if you're town and actually thought beaver was scum? 

Followed by RL happening and a no vote on 80 the next day. 

On 7/16/2021 at 7:11 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Same as what stark pointed out. His reasoning on the kdels vote was sketch. I could go back there.

On 7/16/2021 at 12:40 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

My afternoon could get hairy. Moving back to beaver for now due to approaching DL. Hope to be available for DL but can't be sure.

unvote

vote beaver

On 7/16/2021 at 9:30 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

^ look at this guy. Conveniently takes his vote off scum prior to deadline then paints himself as a hero and tries to line up multiple lynches during the night phase.

Barry accuses Ape of sloppy scum play. 

On 7/19/2021 at 7:13 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

how would you know? I did, btw, jackass.

This was in response to the claim that I could self lynch and didn’t. GS accuses Barry of being sloppy and not fact checking the claim.

On 7/20/2021 at 4:09 PM, Integrity28 said:

OMG shut up and let it play out ffs. 

You derps are ruining the gamesmanship of this one, by being so insistent that everything be black/white and explained to you like you're a paint chip eating spawn of incest.

On 7/20/2021 at 4:16 PM, Integrity28 said:

Bad look for JIF. 

Town JIF... in "his favorite role of all time" which is vanilla town... doesn't hop wagons. He scum hunts and forges ahead with his own suspects, right or wrong. The level of willful ignorance and arrogance of vanilla town JIF is almost beautiful. 

This is not vanilla town JIF.

Yea, man.

On 7/20/2021 at 4:17 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, because JiF's bouncing around was trapping scum left and right.  

This next level play you and JiF are supposedly playing isn't yielding anything but confusion and making a mess of the game.  

How about this:  Let people play the way they'd like to play.  

On 7/20/2021 at 4:18 PM, Integrity28 said:

Gross. You're creating clearance for him saying this if you are scummates. Don't like it.

Good move by Ape here in getting the 80 lynch train going. There was no reason for Ape to go after 80 here. 

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

setting it up sounds like some grand conspiracy. different than trying to lynch you but whatever. 

No, it sounds like exactly what I said - you've been setting up a circumstance where you'd be voting me here, now. If you're town, then consider the fact you were too stupid to reevaluate and/or recognize that you and I are both alive because you've been so myopic that someone else was betting on you not changing your position.

You're not seeing the forest through the trees, because you're too worried about bananas.

8 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Or you more or less inclined to vote him or Ape?

Like I suggested in my posts to Barry, I'm leaning a town read on Ape.  He was more the aggressor.  Terrible misdirection on D1.  I can overlook that as I've done similar.  Then he pivots to 80.  Good catch or just scum who knew his scum mates.  I can't tell.  Avoided the JiF/Dice decision but that went pretty fast and looked organic.

Barry has some good moments as well.  The Beaver votes stands out as well as pushing Dice.  Two missing votes and less aggressiveness leads to less mistakes.  Could be my meta on him and he really did want to change his play style.  I know how hard that is to accomplish.    

I'm sure I'll fukk this up.  

A quicker version makes it clear that Dice was a goner, and an easy way for Barry to distance. I can vote Barry. He’s usually super aggressive and wasn’t in this game. Ape is usually chaotic and tries to play “advance mafia” and he does it in this game. He helped lead us to 80 and if he dropped that case early it wouldn’t have been suspicious at all, but he stayed on it and we got success from it. 

A quick side note: how did JiF not get lynched earlier, his game was so sloppy and up its ass at the same time?

• Thumb Down 1