"The Boys" Mafia - Season 1 - Game Over.. TOWN WINS!

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

The rest of your team was terrible.  They played absolutely awful.  I mean, on one hand, it's hard to judge a scum team when I'm town because they stand no chance but this was like stupid easy.  80 and Dice might as well have shared a link the scum chat thread.

You were brilliant. 

god you are full of it. You were agreeing with 80 at one point iirc and who got lynched first out of you and me? So you couldnt do that right either.

how many times have you broken an arm patting yourself on the back for no good reason?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Wait. You literally thought there was no way to kill you?haha  My pm said search nightly for Homelander , find him, beat him to death with bags of vagina, you both die. 

Should have tipped you off that it was anyone but Verbal then

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Pivot of the game was JIF and Ape combining forces and running a train on a bunch of scummy buttholes.

Honestly I really did think there were 3. Which is why I didnt sweat the mislynch cause JC signaled me that he got the shot so I knew dice was going down if he was lying. So that tripped me up.

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

you had more confidence than I did. I thought we had it before nyn slipped the gun to JC. After that it was sketch

I slip him things all the time. Dice isnt the only recipient of my affection.

Honestly didnt give ape or jif the gun cause I wanted more certainty. Giving it to jc was a calculated risk but I figured either he gets it or we lose it. Which felt like better alternatives than scum accidently getting it.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Totally right, getting lynched in D1 and D2, then shot, then lynched a couple more times… town nearly played perfect, and almost lost. Our percentages on hitting scum were great. Something was off, but I don’t care it was a blast.

You know what was also in the back of my mind? That scumdice would shoot me n1 if he was scum. I guess defending him earned me some more days in the game which since I was a PR turned out to accidently be beneficial. As did our dispute.

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

would have been better if @Beaver did it, but he got busy in RL and got offed too quickly. 

I’m sorry guys…I had no clue my train was that close and I didn’t get to check until too late.    To be fare, I was horrible as scum and deserved to die the first day.   I let you guys down.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

You know what was also in the back of my mind? That scumdice would shoot me n1 if he was scum. I guess defending him earned me some more days in the game which since I was a PR turned out to accidently be beneficial. As did our dispute.

Yup. Happy accidents are def a thing in mafia.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JiFapono said:

The rest of your team was terrible.  They played absolutely awful.  I mean, on one hand, it's hard to judge a scum team when I'm town because they stand no chance but this was like stupid easy.  80 and Dice might as well have shared a link the scum chat thread.

You were brilliant. 

Yeah @Barry McCockinner played great.   

7 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

I slip him things all the time. Dice isnt the only recipient of my affection.

Honestly didnt give ape or jif the gun cause I wanted more certainty. Giving it to jc was a calculated risk but I figured either he gets it or we lose it. Which felt like better alternatives than scum accidently getting it.

Zero percent chance I’d give the gun to me, in your place. I know how my play looks, even to experienced players.

I play with emotions, logic, risk and deception as town. It works, but is a double edged sword.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Beaver said:

I’m sorry guys…I had no clue my train was that close and I didn’t get to check until too late.    To be fare, I was horrible as scum and deserved to die the first day.   I let you guys down.

no worries, we'll just bust your balls for eternity. RL is obviously more important - just a game. I might vote you next game instead of old beaver though.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

god you are full of it. You were agreeing with 80 at one point iirc and who got lynched first out of you and me? So you couldnt do that right either.

how many times have you broken an arm patting yourself on the back for no good reason?

3 for 3.  Beaver, 80 and You.  I'm the greatest, you suck.  Bow down and show me respect.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Thanks for playing everyone!

I went back and forth a thousand times worrying I overpowered one side or the other, which I probably did, but in the end it came down to endgame so can't ask for much more than that.

Special thanks to, well, everyone, for keeping the anticipation going after the final lynch. I was cracking up typing out the final scene(s).

Scum QT 1: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/iXxSefcppXZg

Scum QT 2: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/tJUcEYpmgF4JY

Mason QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/aG5Ai5Fi8gxU6

Dead Thread: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/vVpj58gMjZjp

Great game jvill! Loved the scenes and setup!

Good job, town! Good game everybody!

So I don't really know how to say this I'll just start typing and see how it goes.

I'd like to apologize first to @jvill 51 for bailing on his game and forcing him to scramble for a replacement for me and also thank him for modding as well. The game looked really cool and I had a lot of fun for as long as I was in it and the balance looked fine and all that. I hope you run a sequel and I hope you wont mind if I play in it if you do. If you do though, understandable. Maybe I'll make it up to you by sitting out and helping you do votecounts instead or something. We'll cross that bridge when it comes I guess.

Secondly I'd like to apologize to my teammates @Jetsfan80 @Beaver and @Barry McCockinner. It's not a defense of what I did but I want you guys and everyone else to know that I just kind of lost my sh*t (obviously). If you go back and look at the past 10 or so games I've been scum I've been taken out pretty early, usually D1. It may not have seemed like it but I was actually trying really hard just not to die and stay under the radar. Maybe that worked or maybe it was just dumb luck but I felt like I succeeded in not garnering much if any negative attention D1 which in my mind was this huge victory and then to me it seemed like you guys needlessly sacrificed Beaver and I felt like now it didn't matter what I did or how good I played because you guys had just sabotaged our chances of winning anyway. So I just quit. It was really sh*tty of me and really selfish. I realized it not long after I did it but I was just too embarrassed by the little tantrum I threw I just kind of slinked off. Let's be honest though @Dicetosser is a fine replacement, definitely better as scum than me and honestly probably just better all around. But anyway you all proved me wrong by taking it all the way to end game. You didn't choose me as a teammate but we were a team regardless and I just up and left you guys for selfish reasons. It was ****ed up and I'm sorry. Side note: I saw, I think Jvill?, mention that I was mad or upset that Barry said he was going to vote me for the rest of the game or something and that's why I left. That isn't true. I knew Barry was joking (or at least I thought he was) and that didn't play a part in my decision. It was entirely selfish and on me not him or on anyone else. Just want to make that clear.

And thirdly of course I want to apologize to the rest of you playing the game. I feel like I've done that kind of a lot lately for various but sometimes similar reasons. I think maybe I should only play/mod a couple games in a year anymore. I don't think I can handle it like I used to and I just keep leaving you all hanging for one reason or another. I just keep getting roped in because I like hanging out with you all and I do think the games that you all mod are really cool but I think it's just too much for me these days. Anyway, this game. I left all of you hanging as well and luckily Dice was able to come in but if he hadn't I might have blown the game for everyone and I know how ****ed up that is. I'm glad it was all able to work out and I really am sorry. I keep being a sh*thead I know.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

On 7/27/2021 at 12:56 PM, Integrity28 said:

I mean, by all means, take your lap - but please, don't act as if you actually outplayed anyone here. 

I saw Nolderp give you away with his "you'll regret it", but honestly in my heart couldn't see him pulling what he did with you on D1 as scum who quits the game. I couldn't see it. He honestly compromised the game. 

I can own losing all day, when outplayed. What I just described, that's not mafia.

????

I'm almost positive you're misinterpreting something here.

I just checked all my posts in this game (not many) and I never said the word "regret" so you must be paraphrasing.

Please explain what you're talking about because even though I quit I left with the pretense that I was mad about the argument over policy lynching and even though it's possible to read between the lines as scum quitting because scum got lynched there is nothing I said to purposely give anyone that idea or impression. I was mad but I wouldn't do something like that.

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

So I don't really know how to say this I'll just start typing and see how it goes.

I'd like to apologize first to @jvill 51 for bailing on his game and forcing him to scramble for a replacement for me and also thank him for modding as well. The game looked really cool and I had a lot of fun for as long as I was in it and the balance looked fine and all that. I hope you run a sequel and I hope you wont mind if I play in it if you do. If you do though, understandable. Maybe I'll make it up to you by sitting out and helping you do votecounts instead or something. We'll cross that bridge when it comes I guess.

Secondly I'd like to apologize to my teammates @Jetsfan80 @Beaver and @Barry McCockinner. It's not a defense of what I did but I want you guys and everyone else to know that I just kind of lost my sh*t (obviously). If you go back and look at the past 10 or so games I've been scum I've been taken out pretty early, usually D1. It may not have seemed like it but I was actually trying really hard just not to die and stay under the radar. Maybe that worked or maybe it was just dumb luck but I felt like I succeeded in not garnering much if any negative attention D1 which in my mind was this huge victory and then to me it seemed like you guys needlessly sacrificed Beaver and I felt like now it didn't matter what I did or how good I played because you guys had just sabotaged our chances of winning anyway. So I just quit. It was really sh*tty of me and really selfish. I realized it not long after I did it but I was just too embarrassed by the little tantrum I threw I just kind of slinked off. Let's be honest though @Dicetosser is a fine replacement, definitely better as scum than me and honestly probably just better all around. But anyway you all proved me wrong by taking it all the way to end game. You didn't choose me as a teammate but we were a team regardless and I just up and left you guys for selfish reasons. It was ****ed up and I'm sorry. Side note: I saw, I think Jvill?, mention that I was mad or upset that Barry said he was going to vote me for the rest of the game or something and that's why I left. That isn't true. I knew Barry was joking (or at least I thought he was) and that didn't play a part in my decision. It was entirely selfish and on me not him or on anyone else. Just want to make that clear.

And thirdly of course I want to apologize to the rest of you playing the game. I feel like I've done that kind of a lot lately for various but sometimes similar reasons. I think maybe I should only play/mod a couple games in a year anymore. I don't think I can handle it like I used to and I just keep leaving you all hanging for one reason or another. I just keep getting roped in because I like hanging out with you all and I do think the games that you all mod are really cool but I think it's just too much for me these days. Anyway, this game. I left all of you hanging as well and luckily Dice was able to come in but if he hadn't I might have blown the game for everyone and I know how ****ed up that is. I'm glad it was all able to work out and I really am sorry. I keep being a sh*thead I know.

It's only a game focker

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

This is why I love you.  You're a man of principle and can be very stubborn but you're also a sweetheart and very kind hearted when it comes down to it.  This is so big of you.  It makes you so sexy.  It's actually inspirational.  It makes me want to nap more to see if I can develop a kinder more gentle soul.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 4

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

No worries man. Wish you had stuck around but we managed and @Dicetosser filled in admirably from halfway across the globe.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Nolder said:

????

I'm almost positive you're misinterpreting something here.

15 hours ago, Nolder said:

I just checked all my posts in this game (not many) and I never said the word "regret" so you must be paraphrasing.

Please explain what you're talking about because even though I quit I left with the pretense that I was mad about the argument over policy lynching and even though it's possible to read between the lines as scum quitting because scum got lynched there is nothing I said to purposely give anyone that idea or impression. I was mad but I wouldn't do something like that.

I was paraphrasing. Game is over, I don’t want to find it. Kdels was town. I was over-thinking every detail, as I do. 

♥️

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I was going to bust your chops for life for saving him after his reveal if we won. That gun slip to JC saved yo ass though.

The gun slip was the reason I had no issue with it, no matter how it turned out  ;) 

• 1 month later...