Jets Training Camp Preview | 3 Things To Watch. (Original content)

Wilson, Wilson and Wilson! These are the 3 most important things I’ll be reading up on (hopefully from @KRL). 

Seriously though, the OL play and running game in the new offensive scheme is critical to properly helping Zach become a top 20 Qb in year 1. The passing game is fully dependent on establishing the run game. Hoping Lefleur, Benton and Embry can teach up these players quickly. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, KRL said:

To all, I'm available to do my norm.  Its up to the team and @Maxman to arrange access

Does it feel different this year my friend? Do you see a bright light at the end of the tunnel? Has Newhope sprung up into your heart? It certainly feels different to me… solely based on what JD has been able to accomplish in these past two seasons. You wouldn’t know it by the record for the talent from last year, but getting backed in Lawson the wide receivers, and this year’s draft I can’t help but be hopefulYou wouldn’t know it by the record for the talent from last year, but getting backed in Lawson the wide receivers, and this year’s draft I can’t help but be hopeful

5 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Great write up, spot on with the 3 position groups. The OL/DL are probably going to be my favorite things to watch this season. I'm really hoping we can get some pressure with only our front 4.

Hopefully the O will outshine the D. My memory might be faulty, but to my recall the D has been written up each preseason, unfortunately it has turned out to be on the account of a sh!t show O. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

As far as the CB's, I may have changed it from things to watch to things to be worried about. 

Lol, I feel ya.  Personally, I wanna see Nelson added to the group, and still think it could happen, but I do believe they are going to give the young kids a legitimate shot.  I just hope they don’t get burned by doing so when it comes to bringing in outside help.

49 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My top three things to watch:

1. What kind of hat does Coach Saleh wear?

2. Who will be our 12th string WR?  This is truly vital!

3. Will the camp coverage be on in Jacksonville?

1.  None.  Saleh’s scalp doesn’t fear the sun, the sun fears Saleh’s scalp.

2.  Manasseh Bailey.  Interview at our local Checkers coming soon!

3.  I’m parked outside of Trevor’s apartment as we speak, huffing the fumes from his septic tank!

• Haha 2

Another plus to the new coaching staff, with one less game they've scheduled
four joint practices (2 - GB & 2 - PHI).  Smart way to get additional reps/looks
for Wilson in a scrimmage type of atmosphere

• Upvote 1