Report - Richard Sherman ARRESTED

3 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Denied bail in Seattle is a terrible sign lol

very true, and after reviewing Washington State Law leads me to think he was charged with Burglary,  involving DV, in the first degree, which involved either a gun or an assault and he faces up to life in prison (obviously not suggesting he will get anything close to that, but being denied bail likely means he is facing that type of serious charge/sentence)

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Agreed,. Wait for all the facts before jumping to conclusions. But, regardless he showed really poor judgment putting himself in that situation. 

Which is likely what all NFL teams will do.  Nobody is signing him in the near term.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Greensince69 said:

Maybe we should wait and get the details. Maybe he was taking his sh*t out of his baby mommas house and she went off on him he hit her back and she called the police

Regardless of what the facts are, His career likely over at this point. This is PR that almost no team is going to want to take on given the current state of the world. Really unfortunate, I'm a huge Sherman fan and hope this is a mistake and his name gets cleared.

39 minutes ago, Greensince69 said:

Maybe we should wait and get the details.

Why?  Does anything we say here at JN effect anything at all?

Maybe he was taking his sh*t out of his baby mommas house and she went off on him he hit her back and she called the police

Maybe you should wait to start creating excuse-making hypothetical defense arguments too.

If your daughters boyfriend was arrested for these charges, would you still be here making up theoretical excuses for why it might really be ok that he hit her after all?  Or do you reserve that only for guys who are good at defending WR's?

Sherman was arrested and charged, and then denied bail, she wasn't.  That's the facts we know so far.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 3

7 minutes ago, JTJet said:

True words have never been spoken. 

You have to murder a bus full of nuns on live television to get denied bail in Seattle or Portland. 

Given Washington’s zero tolerance laws regarding domestic violence, all are denied bail until they appear before a judge.  I’m sure he’ll see a judge sometime today and be able to post bail. 

47 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

very true, and after reviewing Washington State Law leads me to think he was charged with Burglary,  involving DV, in the first degree, which involved either a gun or an assault and he faces up to life in prison (obviously not suggesting he will get anything close to that, but being denied bail likely means he is facing that type of serious charge/sentence)

A smart lawyer will have the burglary reduced to looting and say his GF was dressed as a cop and he walks..B)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

It is concerning to me how consistently people will give their sports heroes the benefit of the doubt for alleged crimes against women. I am a Sherman fan too but I will not be engaging in mental gymnastics to convince myself that it wasn’t his fault.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Could it be because THE LAW, gives everyone the benefit of the doubt for crimes against anyone, not just women.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1