Jump to content

Crazy Elijah Moore Practice Video! This Man Is Ready To Work and Excel!!


Recommended Posts

Created a thread about this kid months before the draft was in absolute awe of his game @ Ole' Miss so refreshing to get the player I dreamed about instead of always being disappointed. I was 100% sure we'd pass on him with the 2nd pick of the 2nd round because Jets always seem to pass on kids I love. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

He's very sudden. If Wilson can consistently hit him on the move he's gone pick up a ton of YAC. Particularly on slants and stop and go routes.

Damn you beat me to it.

7 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

The "suddenness" of his breaks

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize it's a different angle than we usually watch of practice tape, but this guy's honestly moves like the video was on fast forward!  This is why I feel like 40 times are deceiving, especially when if comes to WRs and route running. This clip would have me thinking he had to be the fastest guy in the draft.

Really REALLY excited about watching this guy on the field! I was excited to see Mims last year but quite honestly I never read and watched this much stuff on Mims that made him look special like this kid. 

I'm 🙏 Moore doesn't get hit with the injury bug this teams been plagued with every year. He looks like he's been going full speed for months so hopefully he won't end up as one of our day 2 hammy injuries! 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

How does someone watch this video without Instagram?  I don't social media

I'm not sure you can tbh. I believe that's part of how IG gets their views. It's like saying how you watch this YouTube video without using YouTube. 

I'm sure it's a pain in the butt, but so much of these players own media is on IG, you might just want to make an account 🤷🏼‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

I realize it's a different angle than we usually watch of practice tape, but this guy's honestly moves like the video was on fast forward!  This is why I feel like 40 times are deceiving, especially when if comes to WRs and route running. This clip would have me thinking he had to be the fastest guy in the draft.

Really REALLY excited about watching this guy on the field! I was excited to see Mims last year but quite honestly I never read and watched this much stuff on Mims that made him look special like this kid. 

I'm 🙏 Moore doesn't get hit with the injury bug this teams been plagued with every year. He looks like he's been going full speed for months so hopefully he won't end up as one of our day 2 hammy injuries! 

No doubt my dude Elijah Moore runs a blazing fast 40 but I'm with you. 40's are overrated. Because when does a player sprint off the blocks in a straight line for 40 yards without anything in his way? The answer is, never. 

You know me man. I'm a college football nut and living down here in the South (Florida) I'm absolutely ACC/SEC crazed and I never created no damn thread about "Denzel Mims".

Elijah Moore? Different story. Loved this kid months before the draft and on draft night he's the one I wanted with our #2 overall pick of the 2nd round but was too sick to my stomach to become excited due to thinking A.) Jax would draft him. B.) If not the Jets would pass on him and C.) Denver would draft him immediately following our draft blunder (like always for me).

 

and I still can't believe we drafted the offensive playmaker I dreamed about because dating back to 2013 etc they've always passed on the ones like DeAndre Hopkins, Jarvis Landry, Todd Gurley, Hunter Henry (TE), Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry types of ACC and SEC talents who I was screaming and begging for. 

I still don't understand how an NFL GM can watch the same SEC and ACC football like us typical and casual football fans do but yet continue to pass on these ACC/SEC studs for absolute busts (year in and year out). It's mind boggling to me. Because ACC/SEC Football is all I watch on Saturdays and I already know I'd be an awful NFL GM but I know 100% me and my older brother would've drafted better than Jets GMs throughout the first 1-3 rounds. 100% too. We used to create a list of our top 50 NCAA prospects every year and then on draft night as we're watching together we'd watch Jets pass on our favorite players only to see other draft them it's made us sick we haven't even made those stupid lists in like 10+ years anymore. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

I'm not sure you can tbh. I believe that's part of how IG gets their views. It's like saying how you watch this YouTube video without using YouTube. 

I'm sure it's a pain in the butt, but so much of these players own media is on IG, you might just want to make an account 🤷🏼‍♂️

I've never had one. I bet if I posted like I do over there like I do over here on JN some of our players would be shouting good ol DWC out 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GreenFish said:

He’s alright. The guy I created in Madden franchise mode is probably a little better.

😊You joke but games are just under the Jets on my list of obsessions. So a game about my first obsession was always going to be a problem for me lol.. The second the Jets draft was over I immediately started a new franchise and downloaded this years draft class so that I could draft our guys 🤣. Unfortunately, whoever took the time during the college season and created this year's class from scratch did so at a time when a lot of our guys weren't too highly though of lol.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Is 9 official?  I thought it was 8.  By the start of the season there will be a 13 win mandate or planes fly!

We need accountability, that's all.

When the same posters who get all excited about the HC, GM, free agents, draft picks, quarterback, and post up every positive article high-fiving themselves about the potential for a winning season then turn around an say no-no-no, if we get only 3 or 4 wins that's "progress", that doesn't fly.

If you think the great young GM has nicely rebuilt the 2019 roster in the last 2 off-seasons and has hired the best young coaching staff in the NFL, well, it's 2 years later and its time for results that are better than 2 years ago.  Which would mean more than 7 wins.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We need accountability, that's all.

When the same posters who get all excited about the HC, GM, free agents, draft picks, quarterback, and post up every positive article high-fiving themselves about the potential for a winning season then turn around an say no-no-no, if we get only 3 or 4 wins that's "progress", that doesn't fly.

If you think the great young GM has nicely rebuilt the 2019 roster in the last 2 off-seasons and has hired the best young coaching staff in the NFL, well, it's 2 years later and its time for results that are better than 2 years ago.  Which would mean more than 7 wins.

SAR I

I think they are going 10-7 this year and getting the 7th wildcard spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I think they are going 10-7 this year and getting the 7th wildcard spot.

winnable.jpg

That's the right way of thinking.

Because I see 10 winnable games on the schedule against the league's weaklings, including a fair 2-4 division record, and a neutral site game and a 9th home game, and can see us winning 8 of them.  Take a look.  That's not a big ask.

And then I can see Tampa Bay and Buffalo resting all their starters in meaningless games in the freezing January cold and there you go, 10 wins.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No doubt my dude Elijah Moore runs a blazing fast 40 but I'm with you. 40's are overrated. Because when does a player sprint off the blocks in a straight line for 40 yards without anything in his way? The answer is, never. 

You know me man. I'm a college football nut and living down here in the South (Florida) I'm absolutely ACC/SEC crazed and I never created no damn thread about "Denzel Mims".

Elijah Moore? Different story. Loved this kid months before the draft and on draft night he's the one I wanted with our #2 overall pick of the 2nd round but was too sick to my stomach to become excited due to thinking A.) Jax would draft him. B.) If not the Jets would pass on him and C.) Denver would draft him immediately following our draft blunder (like always for me).

 

and I still can't believe we drafted the offensive playmaker I dreamed about because dating back to 2013 etc they've always passed on the ones like DeAndre Hopkins, Jarvis Landry, Todd Gurley, Hunter Henry (TE), Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry types of ACC and SEC talents who I was screaming and begging for. 

I still don't understand how an NFL GM can watch the same SEC and ACC football like us typical and casual football fans do but yet continue to pass on these ACC/SEC studs for absolute busts (year in and year out). It's mind boggling to me. Because ACC/SEC Football is all I watch on Saturdays and I already know I'd be an awful NFL GM but I know 100% me and my older brother would've drafted better than Jets GMs throughout the first 1-3 rounds. 100% too. We used to create a list of our top 50 NCAA prospects every year and then on draft night as we're watching together we'd watch Jets pass on our favorite players only to see other draft them it's made us sick we haven't even made those stupid lists in like 10+ years anymore. 

So what's your comparison between K. Tony and E. Moore. Did the Giants or Jets get the better player in your estimation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

So what's your comparison between K. Tony and E. Moore. Did the Giants or Jets get the better player in your estimation?

Omg. Tony was a one hit wonder who absolutely stunk throughout his entire Gators career outside of his 1 season last year. 

No comparison dude. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

CRRRRISP, PRECISE movement... I dig it !!!  If he got the hands too, he's going to be a nice player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SAR I said:

winnable.jpg

That's the right way of thinking.

Because I see 10 winnable games on the schedule against the league's weaklings, including a fair 2-4 division record, and a neutral site game and a 9th home game, and can see us winning 8 of them.  Take a look.  That's not a big ask.

And then I can see Tampa Bay and Buffalo resting all their starters in meaningless games in the freezing January cold and there you go, 10 wins.

SAR I

We are getting the Pats week 2 at home.  Saleh will make Cam Newton look foolish.  Dare I say 11-6?

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We are getting the Pats week 2 at home.  Saleh will make Cam Newton look foolish.  Dare I say 11-6?

If Zach can beat a Belichick defense in just his second game that would elevate him to Sanchez-like proportions and I just can’t see that.  

Love the enthusiasm though.   Why so few will jump on the Saleh 8 Mandate I don’t know.   

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No doubt my dude Elijah Moore runs a blazing fast 40 but I'm with you. 40's are overrated. Because when does a player sprint off the blocks in a straight line for 40 yards without anything in his way? The answer is, never. 

You know me man. I'm a college football nut and living down here in the South (Florida) I'm absolutely ACC/SEC crazed and I never created no damn thread about "Denzel Mims".

Elijah Moore? Different story. Loved this kid months before the draft and on draft night he's the one I wanted with our #2 overall pick of the 2nd round but was too sick to my stomach to become excited due to thinking A.) Jax would draft him. B.) If not the Jets would pass on him and C.) Denver would draft him immediately following our draft blunder (like always for me).

 

and I still can't believe we drafted the offensive playmaker I dreamed about because dating back to 2013 etc they've always passed on the ones like DeAndre Hopkins, Jarvis Landry, Todd Gurley, Hunter Henry (TE), Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry types of ACC and SEC talents who I was screaming and begging for. 

I still don't understand how an NFL GM can watch the same SEC and ACC football like us typical and casual football fans do but yet continue to pass on these ACC/SEC studs for absolute busts (year in and year out). It's mind boggling to me. Because ACC/SEC Football is all I watch on Saturdays and I already know I'd be an awful NFL GM but I know 100% me and my older brother would've drafted better than Jets GMs throughout the first 1-3 rounds. 100% too. We used to create a list of our top 50 NCAA prospects every year and then on draft night as we're watching together we'd watch Jets pass on our favorite players only to see other draft them it's made us sick we haven't even made those stupid lists in like 10+ years anymore. 

Nope. I'll give you that, you most definitely didn't gawk over Mims at any point. I'm not writing Mims off by any means. He flashed last year and I'm hoping he can become a very solid outside guy for us. If he could become Cotch-like I'd be thrilled. But there was definitely nothing about Mims that WOW'ed the way this kid does. 

Seems like every year lately, the Stud(s) of the WR class are coming from outside of the top prospects (Much like TE and RB) . I'm hoping Moore will be this year's Jefferson or Metcalf. Not in terms of the type of playing but being the break out WR1 from the class and having a bunch of guys picked ahead of them. 

If Moore ends up being as good as advertised, I wonder if he could ever he effective in the outside or if our "WR1" could be a permanent slot guy. I'm just thinking, if he emerges as the clear 2nd best WR behind Davis (or he'll, as good or better than Davis) are we really taking that talent off the field when we're running only 2 WR sets? ... Getting way ahead of myself. Let's see the kid get through the summer and make it to week 1 without being on the injury list 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...