Sherman Ring video

9 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Looks like he's drunk, needs to drop a deuce, but the door is locked. Nothing else is shown beside the attempted B&E. The domestic battery charge was dropped. Seems like he was actually mad at his father in law. Just goes to show you can't always believe the media's hype. The media is sloppy and desperate for clicks whereas people are desperate to feel good about themselves, and both are quick to judge.

The media didn't make up the fact that he was arrested and charged with:

1- Domestic Violence Criminal Trespass

2- Domestic Violence Malicious mischief

3- Resisting Arrest

4- DUI

5- Reckless Endangerment of roadway workers. 

How often have you been charged with 5 separate criminal acts that you now seem so eager to  just act as if Sherman's behavior wasn't worthy of the headlines? 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The media didn't make up the fact that he was arrested and charged with:

1- Domestic Violence Criminal Trespass

2- Domestic Violence Malicious mischief

3- Resisting Arrest

4- DUI

5- Reckless Endangerment of roadway workers. 

How often have you been charged with 5 separate criminal acts that you now seem so eager to  just act as if Sherman's behavior wasn't worthy of the headlines?

It's all criminal behavior. However, abuse is something people weigh differently though than what you listed as noted by the responses in this and the previous thread. You'll notice I'm not advocating for him to be signed nor am I nominating him for NFL man of the year. To answer your question I've never been charged with anything never mind five solid charges at one time.

19 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Hasn't  gotten rip roaring drunk, drove a car into a barrier, drove the damaged car away and left it a parking lot and then go to someone else's house  and act like an out of control nut scaring the crap out of everyone inside?

Yeah, I think we have all done this. 

Skratch Chug GIF by Skratch Labs

Love the T-shirt! 

11 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Really, didn't see that. Did he actually assault someone or are they using threatening behavior as the reason for the charge?

Yeah, I'm not sure.  Also not sure if more than what is seen on that doorbell video happened.

On 7/16/2021 at 9:20 AM, More Cowbell said:

Hasn't  gotten rip roaring drunk, drove a car into a barrier, drove the damaged car away and left it a parking lot and then go to someone else's house  and act like an out of control nut scaring the crap out of everyone inside?

Yeah, I think we have all done this. 

You just described my 20's. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/16/2021 at 9:50 AM, Embrace the Suck said:

Looks like he's drunk, needs to drop a deuce, but the door is locked. Nothing else is shown beside the attempted B&E. The domestic battery charge was dropped. Seems like he was actually mad at his father in law. Just goes to show you can't always believe the media's hype. The media is sloppy and desperate for clicks whereas people are desperate to feel good about themselves, and both are quick to judge.

Those richies and their good soloid doors. 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, I'm not sure.  Also not sure if more than what is seen on that doorbell video happened.

The newer charges for domestic violence were for trespassing and threats I believe as opposed to actually assaulting someone.

13 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Those richies and their good soloid doors.

Stupid building codes.

• Upvote 1

whatever.  happens all the time except now there are more iphones and cameras to record stupid behavior.  as i see it the only way this is something more than the video shows is if he did something to whomever is in the house earlier, went away and then came back.  it kind of seems strange that the people didn't open the door if they knew him.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

whatever.  happens all the time except now there are more iphones and cameras to record stupid behavior.  as i see it the only way this is something more than the video shows is if he did something to whomever is in the house earlier, went away and then came back.  it kind of seems strange that the people didn't open the door if they knew him.

My reading from this and the 911 call is that this not the first time Sherman has been like this

On 7/17/2021 at 5:00 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes we all know alcohol and maybe drugs were involved but I'm fearing the worst for him this could be a serious case of CTE.

In my opinion, CTE as an excuse for violence or other issues for NFL players is pure BS

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

In my opinion, CTE as an excuse for violence or other issues for NFL players is pure BS

Well good thing you're not a doctor. 

My mom grew up working in the medical field (both Jamaica and Bayfront Hospital) for over 40 years combined and when I sent her this Richard Sherman video and let her know he plays Football she asked me 1 question. "Has he ever shown these behaviors before that's been exposed to the public"?. I texted her back NO. She responded "CTE". 

"The symptoms of CTE begin years or even decades following exposure to repetitive blows to the head and include changes in thinking, mood, and behavior. ... Behavioral changes are typically seen as problems with impulse control which can lead to aggressive or violent behaviors, or problems with substance abuse."

Your obviously have no idea what the mushing of the brain does to a person. 

42 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

My mom grew up working in the medical field (both Jamaica and Bayfront Hospital) for over 40 years combined and when I sent her this Richard Sherman video and let her know he plays Football she asked me 1 question. "Has he ever shown these behaviors before that's been exposed to the public"?. I texted her back NO. She responded "CTE". 

"The symptoms of CTE begin years or even decades following exposure to repetitive blows to the head and include changes in thinking, mood, and behavior. ... Behavioral changes are typically seen as problems with impulse control which can lead to aggressive or violent behaviors, or problems with substance abuse."

Makes you wonder a bit. Do violent people gravitate to violent sports or do violent sports make people more violent. Probably a bit both.

This is why my son has hardly touched a football in his life. I don’t want him to even think about playing football. Same with hockey. Too many options to risk damaging your brain.

I read an article summarizing a scientific article that talked about the effects of a significant amount of minor non-concussion head impacts during the pre-pubescent years. Short summary, the results are not good. We grimace when a player gets laid out, but it’s the cumulative impact of these small hits left and right that is doing the damage.

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Makes you wonder a bit. Do violent people gravitate to violent sports or do violent sports make people more violent. Probably a bit both.

This is why my son has hardly touched a football in his life. I don’t want him to even think about playing football. Same with hockey. Too many options to risk damaging your brain.

I read an article summarizing a scientific article that talked about the effects of a significant amount of minor non-concussion head impacts during the pre-pubescent years. Short summary, the results are not good. We grimace when a player gets laid out, but it’s the cumulative impact of these small hits left and right that is doing the damage.

My mom always signed me up for little league basketball. Every year from ages 7-15. She never let me sign up for little league football because even though in the 1990s she told me she wasn't really aware of CTE she was always aware of concussions. 

228082_10150178955714032_5981011_n.jpg.4da1c4107922212b0e6d78485d4ab318.jpg

BABY DWC.

Starting PG.

Bottom right hand corner.

1990's bowl cut ?

#24 or #34 (can't remember I always changed my #). 

13 years old. 

Our team did awesome we finished 3rd/4th out of 26 teams and lost during the Conference Championship I pulled a John Starks (2/18) and shot 3/14 and was 4th quarter BENCHED this kid an Asian kid kept getting in my head telling me "you can't shoot in front of yo momma" I never forgot the game and how Jeremy Lin Sr. got into my head 3/14 head ? we lost by 5 and all my friends were mad @ baby DWC those were the days man after every loss my coach took us for Ice Cream and after every win he took us out for Pizza. I miss those days. 

I have the best mom bro medial field she kept me away from Football when I used to beg her to sign up I was blazing fast and super quick and wanted to play RB. She never let me. Only #5 was faster than me (RIP my dude he had FKN WHEELS) and I still played street football with my friends but never hit helmet to helmet and only got scrapes and cuts. 

You're a great dad man @GreenFish one day your child/children will thank you for keeping him/them out of Football aka a gladiator sport. 

Football is why I don't attack Becton/Mims for missing games. It's a violent sports and you're crazy to expect 16 now 17 games per year from these gladiator warriors. They run so fast, so strong, so powerful that if the NFL let these men play like the 60's and 80's? Unlike the 60's and 80's these 2020s would be leaving in body bags and every Sunday too. It's no joke. The game of Football was not created and not built for the athletes today.

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Well 99% of football players have CTE.  The main "evidence" that is used for the violence thing is that football players are 4X likely to commit domestic violence. We no sh....it Many football players come from broken homes and impoverished neighborhoods filled with gangs poor schooling and no real means to escape. Do football players in general come across as calm level headed people?

I am not downplaying the fact that football players are not affected by repeated head trauma. and there are neurological affects.

But to just continuously use that as an excuse for violent behavior when the pool of players is also pre-disposed to be more violent anyway, does not necessarily correlate with CTE because they ALL have it.

Even the medical community doesn't really know truly what the symptoms are, they just have observed changes in some. An even then CTE can only be confirmed from an autopsy.  From a Mayo Clinic article

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chronic-traumatic-encephalopathy/symptoms-causes/syc-20370921

There are no specific symptoms that have been clearly linked to CTE. Some of the possible signs and symptoms of CTE can occur in many other conditions. In the few people with proved CTE, signs and symptoms have included cognitive, behavioral, mood and motor changes.

The media is fast to hook onto any possible correlation in medical headlines. They are great view and click generators.

The big problem is that even if a person does have CTE, you can't even say definitively that it was the cause as they may have exhibited these behaviors anyway. And if there was a strong correlation to violence or suicidal thoughts that a TON of former NFL players and boxers would be hyper violent and yet we are not seeing that. We see high profile cases: Junior Seau commits suicide -CTE Aaron Hernandez kills people -CTE Sharman is a violent drunk (not uncommon) -CTE

Could this things have been caused by CTE? Possibly but just to assume it is just lazy and not rooted in science. It sounds convincing though

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

My mom always signed me up for little league basketball. Every year from ages 7-15. She never let me sign up for little league football because even though in the 1990s she told me she wasn't really aware of CTE she was always aware of concussions. 

228082_10150178955714032_5981011_n.jpg.4da1c4107922212b0e6d78485d4ab318.jpg

BABY DWC.

Starting PG.

Bottom right hand corner.

1990's bowl cut ?

#24 or #34 (can't remember I always changed my #). 

13 years old. 

Our team did awesome we finished 3rd/4th out of 26 teams and lost during the Conference Championship I pulled a John Starks (2/18) and shot 3/14 and was 4th quarter BENCHED this kid an Asian kid kept getting in my head telling me "you can't shoot in front of yo momma" I never forgot the game and how Jeremy Lin Sr. got into my head 3/14 head ? we lost by 5 and all my friends were mad @ baby DWC those were the days man after every loss my coach took us for Ice Cream and after every win he took us out for Pizza. I miss those days. 

I have the best mom bro medial field she kept me away from Football when I used to beg her to sign up I was blazing fast and super quick and wanted to play RB. She never let me. Only #5 was faster than me (RIP my dude he had FKN WHEELS) and I still played street football with my friends but never hit helmet to helmet and only got scrapes and cuts. 

You're a great dad man @GreenFish one day your child/children will thank you for keeping him/them out of Football aka a gladiator sport. 

Football is why I don't attack Becton/Mims for missing games. It's a violent sports and you're crazy to expect 16 now 17 games per year from these gladiator warriors. They run so fast, so strong, so powerful that if the NFL let these men play like the 60's and 80's? Unlike the 60's and 80's these 2020s would be leaving in body bags and every Sunday too. It's no joke. The game of Football was not created and not built for the athletes today.

I read an article a while back that Pee Wee football is actually way safer than soccer. Pee Wee football players wear armor and the opposing players really don't hit hard enough to really cause injuries or head trauma. As the players age though it gets more and more dangerous. High school football is dangerous. College football is very dangerous. NFL is crazy dangerous.

I saw a game from the 80s the other say and your comment about it being more dangerous today is true. We remember older football to be super violent, but what I saw was actually not as violent in any way as today. All the players were smaller, slower and less athletic.

• Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I read an article a while back that Pee Wee football is actually way safer than soccer. Pee Wee football players wear armor and the opposing players really don't hit hard enough to really cause injuries or head trauma. As the players age though it gets more and more dangerous. High school football is dangerous. College football is very dangerous. NFL is crazy dangerous.

I saw a game from the 80s the other say and your comment about it being more dangerous today is true. We remember older football to be super violent, but what I saw was actually not as violent in any way as today. All the players were smaller, slower and less athletic.

I don't know how credible that article was because down here in Florida? Little league football? Let's just say I'm 36 and would be too scared to play against those 12-13 year old little beasts ?

Nah. But I agree. Watch this video. Plz. It's nuts. Anyone who thinks the 50's-80's were tougher is crazy themselves. 

Old school was more dirty. But these kids are more deadly and more dangerous.

I don't think 90% of throwbacks could've survived in today's NFL due to having much less athleticism back then. 

These guys are fkn animals man. I'd rather get punched by Tyson of his prime before getting bulldozed by these fkn animals dude. Most of these hits I don't even know how they were able to survive let alone get up?