Other teams optimism

58 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I expect Zach as a rookie to give us the best QB play we have had since Pennington came off the bench to replace Vinny T.   He's the Dan Marino of this draft class.   Marino went 7 and 2 as a rookie when he finally got the start.

If Zach isn't flat out great this team will suck for another decade.  It he's great were going to be in the hunt for the playoffs.  

Saleh got it dead wrong.  Zach has to lift the team.  I think he does it.  

What Saleh said was exactly right you don't put more pressure on a rookie QB then necessary.. However I think Zack will lift the team also..

• Upvote 1

90 percent of parents when polled, responded that the US Education system is under performing.

80 percent responded that the school that their child attends is adequate or above average.

Conclusion.

We all believe we have something special.  Football is no different.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

90 percent of parents when polled, responded that the US Education system is under performing.

80 percent responded that the school that their child attends is adequate or above average.

Conclusion.

Of course their are some fan's that just rather be negative, wherever floats you boat as the saying goes..

40 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

What Saleh said was exactly right you don't put more pressure on a rookie QB then necessary.. However I think Zack will lift the team also..

I never believe in the HC blowing smoke up players asses.  They aren't in college anymore.  They're professionals and need to grow up and accept it.   Saleh is a rookie HC. Who's going to lift him?

5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Conclusion.

Famous 1981 survey polled Americans on whether they were above-average drivers. 93% responded "yes."

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, jgb said:

If Darnold had any 10-game stretch like Tua's only 10 NFL games to date, he might still be here.

SAR will just keep throwing out crazy takes. When they fail, he excuses them away by counting "mental wins if this or that." One day he'll get one right by sheer chance. Then God help us all.

One thing you can always count on is that there most certainly will be excuses when the crazy takes (shockingly!?) don't come true lol 

Although, to be fair, there are a lot of posters that will come up with excuses, rationalize, and argue their take to the death long after being proven wrong i.e. the above mentioned poster claiming Gase was a good coach every week of last seasons disaster. It seems to be a much less often occurrence of people just owning being wrong and saying  "Yup I really f'ed up that one" lol. Although it certainly gives this place some entertainment and is the reason why no hotly debated topic ever dies a quick death around here. Regardless of what Sam does, 3 years from now we'll still have people arguing Sam is the worst QB in the world VS he had the worst coach in the world. Hell, Sam could be out of the league in 2 years and his die hard supporters still wouldn't say I was wrong about him. They would just pivot from Gase ruined his chances with the Jets to Gase and Mac ruined his career. Kid woulda been HOF if not for those 2...

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

One thing you can always count on is that there most certainly will be excuses when the crazy takes (shockingly!?) don't come true lol 

Although, to be fair, there are a lot of posters that will come up with excuses, rationalize, and argue their take to the death long after being proven wrong i.e. the above mentioned poster claiming Gase was a good coach every week of last seasons disaster. It seems to be a much less often occurrence of people just owning being wrong and saying  "Yup I really f'ed up that one" lol. Although it certainly gives this place some entertainment and is the reason why no hotly debated topic ever dies a quick death around here. Regardless of what Sam does, 3 years from now we'll still have people arguing Sam is the worst QB in the world VS he had the worst coach in the world. Hell, Sam could be out of the league in 2 years and his die hard supporters still wouldn't say I was wrong about him. They would just pivot from Gase ruined his chances with the Jets to Gase and Mac ruined his career. Kid woulda been HOF if not for those 2...

No one ever admits they were wrong on the Internet. They just go into hibernation and wait for conditions to improve. If Geno starts a game for Russ Wilson next year and doesn't completely crap the bed, trust me, there will be people saying the Jets never gave Geno a fair shake.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

The Jets without Gase is a major upgrade. The Saleh hire is great, plus the culture change. JD seems to be balling with his negotiating skills and Draft wheeler dealing.

Let’s see how an actual NFL offence from the 21st century looks. I want to see competitive football even if we take the L. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

The Jets without Gase is a major upgrade. The Saleh hire is great, plus the couture change. JD seems to be balling with his negotiating skills and Draft wheeler dealing.

Let’s see how an actual NFL offence from the 21st century looks. I want to see competitive football even if we take the L. 

I'd also add moving on from Darnold is an addition by subtraction. Sure Wilson could completely wipe out but it's a smart risk to try to improve over the worst-rated starter in the league.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A little dramatic. 

Not really.  We have a potential great QB in the division right now in Allen.  If Zach isn't an elite NFL QB we will suck for another decade.  

Picking Darnold over Allen and Jackson was a dissaster for the Jets.  If Zach washes out or is a second tier mediocre starter the suck factor will continue...

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Not really.  We have a potential great QB in the division right now in Allen.  If Zach isn't an elite NFL QB we will suck for another decade.  

Picking Darnold over Allen and Jackson was a dissaster for the Jets.  If Zach washes out or is a second tier mediocre starter the suck factor will continue...

Theres no reason to believe that we will suck for 10 years is my point.   We didnt suck for 10 years because of Sam or any other QB failure.  Especially in todays NFL, you dont have to make the financial commitment you had to make years ago that would set you back.  Darnold, Rosen, Tua if he doesn't show more than he did in 2020 etc.  Teams move on

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Theres no reason to believe that we will suck for 10 years is my point.   We didnt suck for 10 years because of Sam or any other QB failure.  Especially in todays NFL, you dont have to make the financial commitment you had to make years ago that would set you back.  Darnold, Rosen, Tua if he doesn't show more than he did in 2020 etc.  Teams move on

Smart ones do. Meanwhile we still argue whether the Jets failed Mark Sanchez.

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Smart ones do. Meanwhile we still argue whether the Jets failed Mark Sanchez.

Well Sanchez is a weird scenario.  He started out with so much promise, seemed to get it, went to AFCCGs in each of his first two seasons.  Was easy to not credit the really good team he hitched his star to.  Truth was he never was that good, just good enough to get to the game, not to take the team to the next game.  Its much easier to blame Rex, Tanny, the Johnson family whoever over admitting that he just may have been overrated by fans.

• Sympathy 1

On 7/19/2021 at 11:14 AM, Savage69 said:

Theres a difference between believing your rookie QB is capable of lifting the team and letting the world know it.  

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Theres a difference between believing your rookie QB is capable of lifting the team and letting the world know it.  

Playing QB is one of the most pressure-soaked positions in sport. Except maybe baseball pitcher or soccer goalie during penalty kicks.

If a guy can't handle a little push in training camp, get that daisy outta here.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

the Jets haven't made the playoffs in 10 years.  They have sucked for exactly 10 years.   

Sam Darnold wasn't the reason we suck but how we ended up with him is.  The failure to adequately address the QB position, the lost draft capital and the actual decision to take Sam were all part of the failed management.  

If Zach isn't great it will be a reflection of another failed GM and Coaching staff not getting it right.  It will trickle down and kill the team.  It will mean a new QB, a new HC and GM at some point in the near future.  

Zach, Douglas and Saleh are all tied at the hip.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Biggs said:

the Jets haven't made the playoffs in 10 years.  They have sucked for exactly 10 years.   

Sam Darnold wasn't the reason we suck but how we ended up with him is.  The failure to adequately address the QB position, the lost draft capital and the actual decision to take Sam were all part of the failed management.  

If Zach isn't great it will be a reflection of another failed GM and Coaching staff not getting it right.  It will trickle down and kill the team.  It will mean a new QB, a new HC and GM at some point in the near future.  

Zach, Douglas and Saleh are all tied at the hip.  

Yeah its true, we havent made the playoffs in 10 years but it has nothing to do with Sanchez, the last to make the playoffs failing.  You cant put 10 years without the playoffs on Sam.  The reason we havent made the playoffs in 10 years is because of horrible drafting and bad coaching.  Its simple.  We had good QB play in 2015 and didnt make the playoffs.  

1st time HC isnt tied to the hip of a rookie QB.  Anymore than others before Saleh here and elsewhere.    

Regardless the idea that a failed rookie QB leads to 10 years of a black hole is from another century.  Doesnt happen anymore.  AZ is the perfect example as are the Jets.   

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah its true, we havent made the playoffs in 10 years but it has nothing to do with Sanchez, the last to make the playoffs failing.  You cant put 10 years without the playoffs on Sam.  The reason we havent made the playoffs in 10 years is because of horrible drafting and bad coaching.  Its simple.  We had good QB play in 2015 and didnt make the playoffs.  

1st time HC isnt tied to the hip of a rookie QB.  Anymore than others before Saleh here and elsewhere.    

Regardless the idea that a failed rookie QB leads to 10 years of a black hole is from another century.  Doesnt happen anymore.  AZ is the perfect example as are the Jets.   

AZ has 4 playoff apperances in 20 years.  5 in the last 30 years.   They haven't had a winning season for 5 straight years.

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

AZ has 4 playoff apperances in 20 years.  5 in the last 30 years.   They haven't had a winning season for 5 straight years.

I get that but they drafted a QB 3 years ago, cut him after one season with the GM surviving and are pretty close to being a playoff team with a FQB in place.  

They go 10 years more without a playoff it wont have a thing to do with the Rosen pick

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I get that but they drafted a QB 3 years ago, cut him after one season with the GM surviving and are pretty close to being a playoff team with a FQB in place.  

They go 10 years more without a playoff it wont have a thing to do with the Rosen pick

If Kyle Murray doesn't step up to elite status both the GM and HC will be fired in the next two years and they will be starting over.  

Murray has a lot to prove.  He frankly stunk down the stretch last year and cost them a playoff spot.  He's a terrific midget QB who wore out when they needed him.  

On 7/19/2021 at 11:43 AM, southparkcpa said:

Conclusion.

Apparently parents are a lot like football fans.  They're overly invested in their kids education working out for their kids so they can't make a rational judgement on the reality of the situation.    

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If Kyle Murray doesn't step up to elite status both the GM and HC will be fired in the next two years and they will be starting over.  

Murray has a lot to prove.  He frankly stunk down the stretch last year and cost them a playoff spot.  He's a terrific midget QB who wore out when they needed him.  

And that will be the GM getting fired after two failed drafts.  But hes not going to get dumped for drafting Murray, he has already shown he can play.  It would be because he didnt build a team to take advantage of the QB.  A whole different story.  

Murray wore out?  You mean when he was injured over the last 1/4 of the season?  When we get a QB to throw for a shade under 4K yards, 67% comp, 26 TDs and 12 INTs I'll complain that hes a midget.  Until then it sounds pretty empty 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And that will be the GM getting fired after two failed drafts.  But hes not going to get dumped for drafting Murray, he has already shown he can play.  It would be because he didnt build a team to take advantage of the QB.  A whole different story.  

Murray wore out?  You mean when he was injured over the last 1/4 of the season?  When we get a QB to throw for a shade under 4K yards, 67% comp, 26 TDs and 12 INTs I'll complain that hes a midget.  Until then it sounds pretty empty 

Murray had a playoff team around him last year.  Murray and Kingsbury were the reason they didn't make the playoffs. 

The Jets haven't recovered yet from hiring Rex and drafting Sanchez when we actually had a SB quality team that was squandered.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Murray had a playoff team around him last year.  Murray and Kingsbury were the reason they didn't make the playoffs. 

The Jets haven't recovered yet from hiring Rex and drafting Sanchez when we actually had a SB quality team that was squandered.  

And yet somehow many believe Rosen was plopped into the final circle in Hell by being drafted by Arizona a mere year earlier. 

22 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Yes, the Jets havent made the playoffs because of Sanchez.  And youre just going to keep arguing arent you.