Other teams optimism

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You can call Fitzpatrick a failed band aid all you want, it isn’t true.  He had, statistically, the best season a Jets QB has ever had in 2015 and the only anomaly here is that the 2015 Jets didn’t make the playoffs.  Also, he replaced Geno, not Sanchez, who we, for the record, actually gave up peanuts to get (Kenyon Coleman, Abram Elam, Brett Ratliff, and a 2nd).

LOL.  Fitzpatrick had a QB rating of 88 in 2015.  He was 10th in TD's, 29th in completion percentage, had the 5th most INT's in the league and was 24th in QB rating.

Fitz in the one big game to get us into the playoffs had 3 consecutive INTs in the 4th quarter to deny the Jets the playofffs.  

He than held out got a huge payday and in 2016 had a QB rating under 70.  

He was a failed bandaid.  

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He tossed 3 4th Q INTs week 17 when it mattered most. 

And Vinny T of 1998 and Chad Pennington of 2002 had much better QB seasons in regards to overall QB statistical production than his 2015 ala QB Ratings of 104.2 (Chad) and 101.6 (Vinny) vs Ryan's 88.0 (2015). ?

And then the next season of 2016? 69.6 ?

He's a career loser who's been in the league for 17 years with 9 different teams and still 0 playoff games. 

I’m not saying he didn’t.  I’m also not going to sit here and discredit a season that is in the Jets record books.

The overarching point is this:  the rookie wage scale has made it so you don’t have be set back 10 years if you miss on a QB, which was the original claim, as much as he’s now trying to spin it as people taking him too literal (maybe don’t use specific numbers then).  The Jets missed on Sam Darnold and have a chance to rectify that situation immediately after trading him away.

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

LOL.  Fitzpatrick had a QB rating of 88 in 2015.  He was 10th in TD's, 29th in completion percentage, had the 5th most INT's in the league and was 24th in QB rating.

Fitz in the one big game to get us into the playoffs had 3 consecutive INTs in the 4th quarter to deny the Jets the playofffs.  

He than held out got a huge payday and in 2016 had a QB rating under 70.  

He was a failed bandaid.  

And yet, he’s still in the Jets record books.  Again, from my post above this, the rookie wage scale has made it so you don’t have be set back 10 years if you miss on a QB, which was your original claim, as much as you are now trying to spin it as people taking you too literal (maybe don’t use specific numbers then).  The Jets missed on Sam Darnold and have a chance to rectify that situation immediately after trading him away.

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And the failed QBs havent operated in a vacuum.  Put talent like the Browns have around Mayfield and Sanchez probably isnt a failure.  But its because of Sanchez we failed.  

Each time when we replaced a QB?  Sanchez and Darnold are the only two who fit the requirement.  Geno wasnt a top pick.  Hack was just as costly a pick and didnt cost Macc or Bowles their job

We've had a crappy football team for 10 years, not a QB at the head of that time period who cost us 10 years.  But you'll keep blaming Sanchez I guess.

Sanchez had talent around him like Mayfield.  

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And yet, he’s still in the Jets record books.  Again, from my post above this, the rookie wage scale has made it so you don’t have be set back 10 years if you miss on a QB, which was your original claim, as much as you are now trying to spin it as people taking you too literal (maybe don’t use specific numbers then).  The Jets missed on Sam Darnold and have a chance to rectify that situation immediately after trading him away.

The Jets didn't just miss on Sam Darnold.  They missed on Watson and Mahomes.  They missed on Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson.  

If we have a GM who can't draft an elite QB at 2 and a coaching staff that can't develop him into something resembling an elite NFL QB they will be gone.  

If Zach is zippy the chimp instead of King Kong we aren't sniffing the playoffs for a very long time. 

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, I’m out here.  Engaging with this was a mistake.  The goal posts are in Antarctica at this point.

Agreed bringing up Fitz and the Redskins as examples of success with failed QB is a pretty big move of the goalposts.  

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Agreed bringing up Fitz and the Redskins as examples of success with failed QB is a pretty big move of the goalposts.  

If that helps you sleep at night with your fairytale notion that missing on a QB costs a franchise 10 years, yeah, I guess I’ll be your Melatonin.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

If that helps you sleep at night with your fairytale notion that missing on a QB costs a franchise 10 years, yeah, I guess I’ll be your Melatonin.

None of this keeps me from sleeping at night.  We disagree, we go back and forth.  Were talking sports and Jets football.  It's all good. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2021 at 1:05 PM, jgb said:

Playing QB is one of the most pressure-soaked positions in sport. Except maybe baseball pitcher or soccer goalie during penalty kicks.

If a guy can't handle a little push in training camp, get that daisy outta here.

Golf might be the most pressure-filled.

• Upvote 1