Where my offseason New York Knicks fans @?!?

Heck of a turnaround season last year. 

• #1 NBA Defense. 

• Julius Randle All-Star and Most Improved Player award. 

• R.J. Barrett broke out @ 21 years old and put up borderline All-Star numbers as only a 2nd year kid (ranked top 10 in Defensive Win Share) and showed tremendous improvement upon his rookie season.

• Immanuel Quickley became an All-Rookie 2nd team selection and also a USA Team-Select selection. 

• 21-45 to to 41-31. 

• #4 seed. 

• Tom Thibs Coach of the Year award (only the 10th NBA coach to ever win this award multiple times).

Etc.

And all accomplished during only year #1 under Tom Thibs. 

√ We're fully loaded with cap space (rumors have it we're going to go after Duncan Robinson who ranks top 15 All-Time in NBA 3PT%). 

√ we're fully loaded for the draft with picks 19, 21 & 25 (last year we stole the SEC Player of the Year @ #25 overall so just imagine what type of talents we can get with picks 19, 21 & 42 during a super deep draft class?). 

My mock offseason:

Starters:

C; Mitchell Robinson. 

PF: Julius Randle. 

SF: Duncan Robinson (FA). 

SG: R.J. Barrett. 

PG: Lonzo Ball (FA).

6th man: Immanuel Quickley (combo guard).

Bench

C; Nerlens Noel. 

PF: Obi Toppin. 

SF: Kevin Knox.

SG: Tre Mann (#21, Gators).

PG: Sharife Cooper (#19, Auburn).

I think that'll make for a really fun team to watch and root for every night.

✓ Last year we ranked #1 in Defense yeah but only 21st in made 3s and only 26 in points scored and with the additions of both Duncan Robinson (one of the greatest 3PT shooters of All-Time) and Lonzo Ball (excellent passer on the fast break and nice 3PT shooter) we'll feature an offense with 3PT shooting ability and passing ability too. 

Who do you NY fans want in both FA and the draft?

• Upvote 1

Draft in a couple of days and I'm praying our Knicks draft these two ballers @ #19 and #21 overall. 

Cooper absolutely destroyed the SEC as a true Freshman's PG and Mann has Tre Young ability as a shooter and had already developed a James Harden esque step back 3 (as an FSU fan I can't believe I'm drooling over this Gators talent).

Who do you Knicks fans want?!?

Don’t have any opinion as I am not as passionate about basketball as I used to be. If you want to talk about the championship Knicks teams then I can weigh in as the 70 Knicks team is my all time favorite with the 73 team (which I am pretty sure had 7 Hall of Famers on it ) not far behind Really don’t like the game as it is played today, but did enjoy this season’s Knicks playoff team 
Now get off my lawn 😊

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Don’t have any opinion as I am not as passionate about basketball as I used to be. If you want to talk about the championship Knicks teams then I can weigh in as the 70 Knicks team is my all time favorite with the 73 team (which I am pretty sure had 7 Hall of Famers on it ) not far behind Really don’t like the game as it is played today, but did enjoy this season’s Knicks playoff team 
Now get off my lawn 😊

That's awesome man as a kid growing up I always loved to watch film about our legendary throwback legends like Walt Frazier, Dave DeBusschere, Bill Bradley, Earl Monroe, Jerry Lucas, Willis Reed, Dick Barnett and Phil Jackson too and my older brother is almost 20 years older than me (I'm born in 1985) so he used to drive me nuts throughout the 1990's every time the Knicks would finally because eliminated he'd always remind me of his childhood Knicks who I wasn't fortunate enough to witness win those early 1970's Championships 😂😓😂 man CSNY plz follow our 2021-2022 Knicks strong this year I love classic throwback NYC basketball fans such as yourself my dude!🏀

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

That's awesome man as a kid growing up I always loved to watch film about our legendary throwback legends like Walt Frazier, Dave DeBusschere, Bill Bradley, Earl Monroe, Jerry Lucas, Willis Reed, Dick Barnett and Phil Jackson too and my older brother is almost 20 years older than me (I'm born in 1985) so he used to drive me nuts throughout the 1990's every time the Knicks would finally because eliminated he'd always remind me of his childhood Knicks who I wasn't fortunate enough to witness win those early 1970's Championships 😂😓😂 man CSNY plz follow our 2021-2022 Knicks strong this year I love classic throwback NYC basketball fans such as yourself my dude!🏀

DWC. My dad took me to the Knicks game at the old garden on 50th and Broadway when they still had Walt Bellamy & Howard Komives  against the 76ers when they had Chamberlain Freddie “ Mad Dog” Carter and Hal Greer Reed was a second year pro and Clyde was a rookie and going to Nedicks after the game having a hot dog and an orange soda which was delicious 
Still remember listening to Marv Albert  on the radio when they won their first championship 113-99. Remember the final score as the Knicks led the league in holding opponents under 100 points that year 

• Post of the Week 3

I think there is a decent chance the Knicks trade up in the 1st round. 

I'd also love Sexton, but I don't think we could get him without giving up Quickley, which I would be against. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I'm an Atlanta Hawks fan based on geography, sorry.  We try to go to 2-3 games a year in Atlanta

I do like the Knicks though even going back to the Walt Frazier days (FYI - Walt grew up in Atlanta, so there is a connection)

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I think there is a decent chance the Knicks trade up in the 1st round. 

I'd also love Sexton, but I don't think we could get him without giving up Quickley, which I would be against. 

Yeah I've read reports of us trading up too. I wouldn't mind but I absolutely love picks #19 and #21. 

No to Sexton man. His Defense is not only worse than Dame Lillard but he's hated/disliked by his own teammates and has been labeled "selfies" by his own teammates. He's a shoot first and pass last PG who would seriously destroy the development of RJ and Randle. 

He's also led Cleveland to 3 awful below .500 losing tank seasons and it's a RED FLAG how his own front office is already ready to QUIT on him only 3 years later despite being drafted like 8th overall. 

Sharife Cooper is who I want as a PG prospect check out his numbers man he destroyed the SEC as a true Freshman and reminds me so much of a Kyrie Irving coming out of Duke and if played for a big time college program he's a top 5 pick. 

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's a waste if they don't. They're not gonna carry 3 rookies. 

They can most certainly carry two (just like they did last year) while replacing absolute trash in Frank/Knox in order to improve our bench depth significantly. 

I think we're going to make a run @ both Lonzo Ball and Duncan Robinson (top 15 3PT% of All-Time and fastest player ever to 500 3's made) and we ranked 21st in 3's made and both Ball and Duncan will immediately change that. 

C; Mitchell Robinson. 

PF: Julius Randle. 

SF: Duncan Robinson. 

SG: R.J. Barrett. 

PG: Lonzo Ball. 

Bench: 

C; ?

PF: Obi Toppin. 

SF: Tre Mann. 

SG: Immanuel Quickley (6th man).

PG: Sharife Cooper. 

That's a team that'll not only become crazy exciting but also fun to watch for the next 3-5 years until Zion Williamson becomes a KNICK before 25-26 years old. That starting 5 is deadly and that younger bench has absolute fire power. 

But yeah if we're able to package picks 19, 21, 32 and 58 + Kevin Knox in order to move into the top 7 in order to land an immediate day one starter I'm all for it. 

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

What's with all the talk of adding a veteran D? The team is stacked at D. Most teams would kill for a top 4 of Fox, Trouba, Miller and Lindgren. Why sign a veteran D? To put him on the 3d pair to impede the progress of Lundkvist, Jones and Hajek? They could've kept Brendan Smith around if they wanted a veteran for the third pair?

And please just unload Ryan Strome. He is not a second line C.

Do not trade for Eichel. He's been in the league 6 seasons, has never led his team to the playoffs and his team played better without him.

Do call the Chicago Blackhawks and inquire about Jonathan Toews. Offer Strome, a young W, a young D and draft picks to get it done. The rangers need a leader, Toews is a great leader and it will rejuvenate him to have a young cast of highly talented players to lead. Chicago just has to come to grips with the idea that they need to rebuild not reload.

• Upvote 1

I don't think people fully realize how great RJ Barret will be. The kid has the most important quality -- Drive to be great. Combine that with his physical traits and you have a player that will be among the greatest Knicks of all time when he finally retires.

Quickly reminds me a little (not in style, but in effect) of Vinny the microwave Johnson from bad boy Piston Teams. When he is hot, step out of the way because there isn't a shot he will not make.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I don't think people fully realize how great RJ Barret will be. The kid has the most important quality -- Drive to be great. Combine that with his physical traits and you have a player that will be among the greatest Knicks of all time when he finally retires.

Quickly reminds me a little (not in style, but in effect) of Vinny the microwave Johnson from bad boy Piston Teams. When he is hot, step out of the way because there isn't a shot he will not make.

Microwave went FDR!

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I absolutely love this kid. 

RJ Barrett is one of only eight players in NBA history to record more than 2,000 points, 500 rebs and 300 assists (before turning 21 years old).

Kobe Bryant. Kevin Garnett. Tracy McGrady. Carmelo Anthony. LeBron James. Luka Doncic. Kevin Durant. And now... R.J. Barrett.

So far this kid is in a league of his own (@ only 21) 

Also this is a post I made about R.J. not to long ago (below)...

R.J Barrett Freshman Season (NCAA).

22.6 points per game.

7.6 rebounds.

4.3 assists.

FG% of .454%.

Vs.

Michael Jordan Freshman season (NCAA)

13.5 points per game.

4.4 rebounds.

1.8 assists.

FG% of .534%.

Reggie Miller Freshman season (NCAA)

4.6 points per game.

1.5 rebounds.

0.8 assists.

FG% of .509%.

James Harden Freshman season (NCAA)

17.8 points per game.

5.3 rebounds.

3.2 assists.

FG% of .527%.

Damian Lillard Freshman season (NCAA).

11.5 points per game.

3.9 rebounds.

2.9 assists.

FG% of .434%.

Paul Pierce Freshman season (NCAA)

11.9 points per game.

5.3 rebounds.

1.8 assists.

FG% of .419%.

Kawhi Leonard Freshman season (NCAA)

12.7 points per game.

9.9 rebounds.

1.9 assists.

FG% of .455%.

Jimmy Butler Freshman season (NCAA)

5.6 points per game.

3.9 rebounds.

0.7 assists.

FG% of .514%.

Khris Middleton Freshman season (NCAA)

7.2 points per game.

3.7 rebounds.

1.1 assists.

FG% of.416%.

Klay Thompson Freshman season (NCAA)

12.5 points per game.

4.2 rebounds.

1.9 assists.

FG% of .421%.

John Starks Freshman season (NCAA)

15.4 points per game.

4.7 rebounds.

4.6 assists.

FG% of .497%.

Allan Houston Freshman season (NCAA)

20.3 points per game.

2.9 rebounds.

4.2 assists.

FG% of .437%.

(Most of these kids were nowhere near as NBA ready as RJ was as only a true Freshman)

And also (don't laugh @ me but)

R.J. Barrett 2nd NBA season:

(after 1 year of NCAA developing)

17.6 points per game.

5.8 rebounds.

3.0 assists.

FG% of .441%.

3PT% of .401%

Added Bonus? Ranked top 15 amongst 400+ players in Defensive Win Share (2020-2021).

Vs.

Kobe Bryant 2nd NBA season

(after straight out of High school)

15.4 points per game.

3.1 rebounds.

2.5 assists.

FG% of .428%.

3PT% of .341%.

Reggie Miller 2nd NBA season

(after 4 years of NCAA developing)

16.0 points per game.

3.9 rebounds.

3.1 assistant.

FG% of .479%.

3PT% of .402%.

Greek Freak's 2nd NBA season

12.7 points per game.

6.7 rebounds.

2.6 assists.

FG% of .491%.

3PT% of .159%.

James Harden 2nd NBA season

(after 2 years of NCAA developing)

12.2 points per game.

3.1 rebounds.

2.1 assists.

FG% of .436%.

3PT% of .349%.

Damian Lillard 2nd NBA season

20.7 points per game.

3.5 rebounds.

5.6 assists.

FG% of .424%.

3PT% of .394%.

Absolute CRAP defense.

Paul Pierce 2nd NBA season

(after 3 years of NCAA developing)

19.5 points per game.

5.4 rebounds.

3.0 assists.

FG% of .442%.

3PT% of .343%.

Kawhi Leonard 2nd NBA season

(after 2 years of NCAA developing)

11.9 points per game.

6.0 rebounds.

1.6 assists.

FG% of .494%.

3PT% of .374%.

Jimmy Butler 2nd NBA season

8.6 points per game.

4.0 rebounds.

1.4 assists.

FG% of .467%.

3PT% of .381%.

Khris Middleton 2nd NBA season

12.1 points per game.

3.8 rebounds.

2.1 assists.

FG% of .440%.

3PT% of .414%.

Klay Thompson 2nd NBA season

16.6 points

3.7 rebounds.

2.2 assists.

FG% of .422%.

3PT% of .401% (same exact as R.J.).

John Starks 3rd NBA season

(didn't play during his 2nd NBA season)

(1 year of NCAA developing)

7.6 points per game.

2.1 rebounds.

3.1 assists.

FG% of .439%.

3PT% of .490%.

Allan Houston 2nd NBA season

14.5 points per game.

2.2 rebounds.

2.2 assists.

FG% of .463%.

3PT% of .424%.

And no. I'm not saying RJ will become better than any of these players I'm just simply pointing out how his Freshman year @ Duke was absolutely amazing and also how as a 2nd year player at only 20-21 years old how he absolutely began to flourish. In other words I'm just pointing out how awesome he's been before even heading into year #3. 

Also....

R.J. Barrett had an awesome Pre-Olympics run and was the best player on his Canadian team (did everything in his power to advance team Canada).

3 games.

61 points.

14 assists.

13 rebounds.

3 turnovers.

18/32 (FG percentage of .562%).

This kid is a future All-Star for many of years to come @ SG and he's built identical to both MJ23 and Kobe @ 6'6 and identical weight too (212/214/216). 

• Upvote 3