PFF says Mims candidate to break out next year

Great news is that we will find out about Mims in a few weeks!

We all knew Mims was a stud in most aspects you can want for a WR (which is why we all wanted to draft him). The one area of concern was route running. He seemingly was working hard on this aspect during senior bowl and I think the coaching staff very clearly told him “work harder”. He certainly has the talent to improve in this area and I think LaFleur is trying to unlock that. I don’t expect him to move like crowder or Moore, but a kid with his traits and decent route running can be a dominant wr. 

Let’s see if he can improve this area. In this new offense, it will be the difference of simply being a bonafide deep threat or a complete WR who starts opposite Davis.

3 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Great news is that we will find out about Mims in a few weeks!

We all knew Mims was a stud in most aspects you can want for a WR (which is why we all wanted to draft him). The one area of concern was route running. He seemingly was working hard on this aspect during senior bowl and I think the coaching staff very clearly told him “work harder”. He certainly has the talent to improve in this area and I think LaFleur is trying to unlock that. I don’t expect him to move like crowder or Moore, but a kid with his traits and decent route running can be a dominant wr. 

Let’s see if he can improve this area. In this new offense, it will be the difference of simply being a bonafide deep threat or a complete WR who starts opposite Davis.

Mims is a high-end athlete which does correlate positively to NFL success but fixing route running easier to say than to do. As you say, nowhere near a fait accompli, but his upside should excite Jets fans.

38 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Don't you have bingo to attend?

Shouldn't you be looking up your little PFF numbers in order for them to tell you which players are bad (47.2), which player is average (60.8), which player is good (78.9) and which players are great (92.7)?

I'm sorry but only a fan with no eyes watches his favorite teams play but yet still needs "PFF grades" in order to tell him what he just watched with his own eyes. 

• Never needed PFF to tell me Ewing was great. 

• Never needed PFF to tell me Curtis my favorite Martin was greatness (had Chris Berman J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS to remind me of all that).

And never once needed no PFF in order to tell me...

image.png.41149b48cee400df9ca8bb0b75381649.png

image.thumb.png.207698bcefa36ae61f091abd0b32f9c6.png

Just how bad these guys STUNK.

28.5 (Gholston) or 32.3 (Dudley).

What's the difference?

I don't need PFF to tell me just how explosive the man in my avatar truly is either....

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Shouldn't you be looking up your little PFF numbers in order for them to tell you which players are bad (47.2), which player is average (60.8), which player is good (78.9) and which players are great (92.7)?

I'm sorry but only a fan with no eyes watches his favorite teams play but yet still needs "PFF grades" in order to tell him what he just watched with his own eyes. 

• Never needed PFF to tell me Ewing was great. 

• Never needed PFF to tell me Curtis my favorite Martin was greatness (had Chris Berman J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS to remind me of all that).

And never once needed no PFF in order to tell me...

image.png.41149b48cee400df9ca8bb0b75381649.png

image.thumb.png.537f83e88fbc8a00207c24c9b8c93d38.png

Just how bad these guys STUNK.

28.5 (Gholston) or 32.3 (Dudley).

What's the difference?

I don't need PFF to tell me just how explosive the man in my avatar truly is either...

image.png.41149b48cee400df9ca8bb0b75381649.png.

Then don't read it and stick to your eyeball evals.

On 9/15/2018 at 10:33 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Leonard Williams, Darron Lee, Marcus Maye and Jamal Adams all falling to us is going to become the greatest things that's ever happened to our defense long term. Real deal building blocks here. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

PFF is a joke who makes money off of  ? fans. 

Who needs "PFF" when you've got your own eyes? Do you really need "PFF" to tell you how good our Jets players are? Did you need "PFF" to tell us how great our Patrick Ewing was and/or how great our rival Michael Jordan was? And what's the difference of PFF 72.8 vs. PFF 82.9? ?

The benefit of something like PFF is that everything is graded on a snap by snap basis. It can help identify a player who played well on a poor team. It absolutely has its flaws but if you use it the same way you'd use Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB then it will provide value.

Generally it's my first stop when we are trying to determine the other 31 teams FAs. I just don't have enough time in a day to watch all their games. It's sorta like the combine where a good score will trigger me to look into more tape, if that makes sense.

The 1-100 aspect is because people love madden rankings.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, jgb said:

Then don't read it and stick to your eyeball evals.

Yeah and Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams both developed into Pro Bowl players and even though I personally dislike Marcus Maye most NFL experts have him ranked as a top 5 NFL Safety and I was wrong about Lee but then again so was your favorite PFF (they gave Lee damn near perfect 99 percentiles coming out ?). 

I'm talking about my own personal disliking of PFF within a thread dedicated to PFF but yet you feel the need to get personal while digging up posting history in order to throw more of your  little low blow jabs @ me?

Ok. Two can play your game. 

And don't try and "mock me" dude. I'm not the one who created a thread about Michael Vick being "awesome" and how he was going to "lead us to 10 wins" (when he only led us to 1 win ?).

You thought Maccagnan was a "stud" and you said if Macc were to bring back sh*tztragic that he'd be considered as a "poker genius" well guess what genius? Your boy sh*tztragic did indeed come back and guess what happened? He put up some of the worst QB numbers within Franchise history during his 2nd year as a Jet ? 

And you're the same guy who gives me a hard time for supporting Jamal Adams but guess what? Your lover boy Macc passed on PATRICK MAHOMES for Jamal Adams (who I was then forced to root for). ?

You were crying about trading up due to not trading up for.. "JOSH ROSEN" ? 

You were actually in love with Josh Rosen ?

You consider Sam Darnold (a player who just gave us a 2nd round pick + a 4th round pick in return for Sam Darnold as "the biggest bust in Jets history" but yet the of Vernon Gholston Gholston, Lam Jones, Blair Thomas, Dewayne Robertson, Dee Milliner, Quinton Coples, Calvin Pryor, Roger Vick and Kyle Wilson etc (just to name a few) all say hello while fans get to laugh @ you ? because what did any of them give us back in return? A 2nd + a 4th? ?

You provided 4 examples and I provided 4 examples. 

All of that to say this...

A.) Don't be a little football hypocritical type of hypocrite (acting and pretending that you're "undefeated" while prancing around JN. 

B.) You should be the last person digging through people's posting history in order to mush their face in it when all you've gotta do is look in the mirror in order to mush your own face. 

C.) I've found another 20 posts of yours which are just embarrassing (so please don't tempt me because I will not hesitate (?)

D.) It takes a pos scumbag (imo) to have ever rooted for Mike Vick who tortured innocent dogs by electrocuting them, drowning them, throwing them against walls and murdering them (all because they lost an evil fight) and while you were his biggest cheerleader fan? I was rooting for him to not only tear an ACL but to be murdered on the Football field. That's the difference between ME AND YOU. No posts you can ever quote me on are as embarrassing as the pathetic MIKE VICK posts that I can (and will) quote you on.

E.) Have a good day sir.

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yeah and Leonard Williams and Jamal Adams both developed into Pro Bowl players and even though I personally dislike Marcus Maye most NFL experts have him ranked as a top 5 NFL Safety and I was wrong about Lee but then again so was your favorite PFF (they gave Lee damn near perfect 99 percentiles coming out ?). 

I'm taking about my own personal disliking of PFF within a thread dedicated to PFF but yet you feel the need to get personal while digging up posting history in order to throw more of your  little low blow jabs @ me?

Ok. Two can play your game. 

And don't try and "mock me" dude. I'm not the one who created a thread about Michael Vick being "awesome" and how he was going to "lead us to 10 wins" (when he only led us to 1 win ?).

You thought Maccagnan was a "stud" and you said if Macc were to bring back sh*tztragic that he'd be considered as a "poker genius" well guess what genius? Your boy sh*tztragic did indeed come back and guess what happened? He put up some of the worst QB numbers within Franchise history during his 2nd year as a Jet ?

You were crying about trading up due to not trading up for.. "JOSH ROSEN" ? 

You were actually in love with Josh Rosen ?

You consider Sam Darnold (a player who just gave us a 2nd round pick + a 4th round pick in return for Sam Darnold as "the biggest bust in Jets history" but yet the of Vernon Gholston Gholston, Lam Jones, Blair Thomas, Dewayne Robertson, Dee Milliner, Quinton Coples, Calvin Pryor, Roger Vick and Kyle Wilson etc (just to name a few) all say hello while fans get to laugh @ you ? because what did any of them give us back in return? A 2nd + a 4th? ?

You provided 4 examples and I provided 4 examples. 

All of that to say this...

A.) Don't be a little football hypocritical type of hypocrite (acting and pretending that you're "undefeated" while prancing around JN. 

B.) You should be the last person digging through people's posting history in order to mush their face in it when all you've gotta do is look in the mirror in order to mush your own face. 

C.) I've found another 20 posts of yours which are just embarrassing (so please don't tempt me because I will not hesitate (?).

I'm not the one saying PFF sucks and my eyeballs are all I need to "know" whether a guy is good. But it's cute you put this much time into this.

Dog Treat GIFs | Tenor

48 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The benefit of something like PFF is that everything is graded on a snap by snap basis. It can help identify a player who played well on a poor team. It absolutely has its flaws but if you use it the same way you'd use Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB then it will provide value.

Generally it's my first stop when we are trying to determine the other 31 teams FAs. I just don't have enough time in a day to watch all their games. It's sorta like the combine where a good score will trigger me to look into more tape, if that makes sense.

The 1-100 aspect is because people love madden rankings.

@bla bla bla I agree I myself can enjoy it at times while evaluating other teams but it becomes sickening to me when you can no longer talk about your favorite Jets without other Jets fans running to PFF in order to prove just how wrong you really are. 

I'll never forget. Last year I was having a conversation after the 49ers game and I mentioned how Mekhi Becton as only a Rookie already looks to be the most dominant Jets player that I've witnessed SINCE Darrelle Revis and guess what happens? I have someone throwing Wirfs in my face because of a "PFF score". And that's when I began to really dislike PFF (when it comes to my own team).

I live here in Tampa Bay and unlike PFF I know how to actually read between the Football lines. 

• Becton was playing Franchise LT and pass protecting and run blocking for Sam Darnold and Frank Gore with Perriman (bust), Mims and Crowder @ WR with Herndon @ TE etc.

• Wirfs was playing RIGHT TACKLE for a HOF QB who gets the ball out quicker than any other QB, two beast RBs in Jones and Fournette with animals @ WR/TE in Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Antonio Brown and Rob Gronkowski etc. 

✓ But yet PFF doesn't take these factors into consideration when giving out total fake scores and I'm sorry but if you take Wirfs over Becton because of "PFF"? I have nothing to say to you. 

2 hours ago, ZacharyWilson said:

Ham poisoning. I don't remember him being hurt very much in college except for the hand issue. 

He was my favorite receiver in the draft (of the ones that was realistic for the Jets at pick 48 or wherever they were drafting (before the trade down), I thought that he was going even higher than that. 

He catches EXACTLY the kind of passes that you see a lot on Wilson's reel. The balls where a guy is covered but Wilson puts it in a spot where only the receiver can make a play on it. He'll make those plays. 

Mims feels like the kind of thing that goes unnoticed until it becomes a thing that was apparent all along.

I hope you’re right, I’ve been sucked in with hype over the years. He’s got to prove it. I’m not worried about Receiver on this team.  

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're 100% accurate. Denzel Mims was never injured while @ Baylor.

Throughout his Sophomore/Junior/Senior year(s) he played in 37 out of a possible 39 games (37/39). 

= 94.8% availability. 

And last year as a Jet during his rookie season he suffered only 1 injury. An offseason hamstring and was sidelined up until game #7. Which is when he made his NFL debut. 

He ended up finishing the season with 9 consecutive games played (without ever getting hurt again). 

The one game he missed in between wasn't because of an injury it was because if a stomach virus and please don't tell me that you've never missed a single day of grade school/work because of a virus/sickness (because that'll make you a liar).

@BurnleyJet 

"he always seems to have an issue" was a completely false statement because a rookie suffering (one single) hamstring injury is the complete opposite of "always". 

Football fans need to wake up and comprehend that injuries in Football happen because it's, Football and 1 injury doesn't mean a player should be labeled as "injury prone" and especially if that one injury just so happens to be a hamstring injury because you can easily look up online hundreds of (non injury prone) athletes throughout NFL/NBA/MLB who've suffered from a hamstring injury (it's sports and hamstring injuries aren't anything "rare".

image.thumb.png.c34cab2363af9970ffb45918f4705e70.png

This kid is going to have an awesome 2nd year. 

He’s not been very available for the Jets, I don’t care what he did in college this is the Pro’s.

I hope he does turn out to be great but he’s got to show it.

55 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'm not the one saying PFF sucks and my eyeballs are all I need to "know" whether a guy is good. But it's cute you put this much time into this.

Dog Treat GIFs | Tenor

It's my personal opinion about PFF within a thread dedicated to PFF (during a boring part of my offseason) but that still gives you no right to go out of your way in order to take time out of your day (so cute) in order to dig through my posting history as a way of throwing your low blow jabs @ me as some type of HAHA way of "laughing @ me".

Leo = Pro Bowler. Adams = Pro Bowler and All-Pro. Maye = Top 5 Safety (so they say) and Lee = Bust (I was wrong).

And Jamal Adams a player who u thought would become one of the greatest things to ever happen to our Defense? I lied. He's one of the greatest things to ever happen to our Franchise. His play as a JET netted Zach Wilson a 1st round beast LG and already can't wait to root against Seattle for our 2nd 1st round pick from Jamal next upcoming draft ?

Nothing to be ashamed about.

And no. It didn't take me long at all. It took all but a couple of minutes to find you RAVING about your boy Mike Vick and his "10 wins" (1 win lol), you CRAVING for Josh Rosen (one of biggest NFL busts ever). You absolutely begging for Ryan sh*tztragic (who came back and had one of the worst QB seasons by a Jet of All-Time) and also quickly found you talking up Macc as a genius GM poker player (and the same Macc who passed up on Patrick Mahomes for Jamal Adams is the same Jamal Adams you mock me for (hypocritical ?).

Did not take me long @ all however it was worthwhile being able to expose you as a hypocrite (in the nicest way possible) because for many of years you've gone out of your way to throw your internet low blows of message board jabs at me (and usually I just ignore you but today I wanted to respond to your horse crap).

And fitting of you as a Mike Vick cheerleader to post a picture of a dog in response to me... Fitting.

I wonder what PFF graded his dog fights as?

image.thumb.png.69d934cb99c93355abdd1370a1810927.png

You should be ashamed of yourself as a man for EVER supporting and rooting and 10 wins talking up that pos scumbag coward of a "man". Just know this. While you were his biggest little cheerleader? I was literally wishing that he not only suffered an ACL injury but would become murdered on the Football field (Karma).

My baby Rocky (no longer a puppy but my daughters 1st friend).

received_10153812308799032.thumb.jpeg.4f9772891666d63d12ac7f597e19a58a.jpeg

My wife picked out his sister 2 years later (Roxy) and my daughter picked out the little one (Princess lol). 

119952540_10158000353214032_757127485740

You can't embarrass me over a football board dude so please stop trying because I'd be ashamed of myself if was ever known as Mike Vick's biggest dog fighting animal abusing cheerleader.

33 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

He’s not been very available for the Jets

He's yet to even take 1 single snap during his soon to be 2nd season. 

I don't remember Patrick Mahomes being reliable or Tom Brady being reliable during their bench warning rookie seasons either. And neither was JOSH ALLEN during his rookie season. And Jerry Rice had 3 TDs during his rookie season. And Reggie Wayne only had 345 receiving yards and 0 Rookie TDs?

What's your point what type of point are you really trying to make?

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's yet to even take 1 single snap during his soon to be 2nd season. 

I don't remember Patrick Mahomes being reliable or Tom Brady being reliable during their bench warning rookie seasons either. And neither was JOSH ALLEN during his rookie season. And Jerry Rice had 3 TDs during his rookie season. And Reggie Wayne only had 345 receiving yards and 0 Rookie TDs?

What's your point what type of point are you really trying to make?

I’m making the point, he’s got a lot to prove. He’s got the physical tools, but does he have the route running, the smarts to play at this level?

It’s easy to play the blind homer let’s see what he does. I’m expecting he will be our receiver #3. Davis and Moore will be the main men in this Offence.

Personally I hope he turns out to be great, but I’m let’s not put him Canton already.

25 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I’m making the point, he’s got a lot to prove. He’s got the physical tools, but does he have the route running, the smarts to play at this level?

It’s easy to play the blind homer let’s see what he does. I’m expecting he will be our receiver #3. Davis and Moore will be the main men in this Offence.

Personally I hope he turns out to be great, but I’m let’s not put him Canton already.

Who's putting him into Canton? I'm just not willing to label him as some type of potential bust all because of A.) hamstring injury. B.) ADAM GASE. C.) Frank Gore. D.) Bust Perriman playing opposite of him. E.) Washed up Joe Flacco. F.) 47th ranked QB bust Sam Darnold throwing to him etc. 

These aren't excuses.

These are real life facts.

He was surrounded by absolute crap unlike everyone's favorite Pittsburgh WR Chase Claypool who was drafted into an awesome Steelers situation (a WR who Mims kicked his ass throughout all 3 NCAA season(s).

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

that still gives you no right to go out of your way in order to take time out of your day (so cute) in order to dig through my posting history as a way of throwing your low blow jabs @ me as some type of HAHA way of "laughing @ me".

I claim an absolute right to do just that in perpetuity. If you put a grimy old couch out on the curb, it's fair game.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think that someone that is propping Curtis Martin and Patrick Ewing as if they were underrated probably should spend some time learning about advanced statistics.

I'm just pointing out that I didn't need "PFF" to tell me how great my favorite players were as a KID and I for damn sure didn't need no PFF to tell me how trash both Dudley and Gholston were either. And never needed PFF to tell me how awesome Revis was during his prime and how bad he fell off a cliff after his injury. Never needed PFF as a Jets/Knicks fan for nothing.