Scary situation for Luke Falk's mother, Missing Since Last Night

AFJF

Apparently she was out with some friends and hasn't been seen since getting up to use the restroom.  Phone, wallet, purse and shoes all left at the table and nobody has seen her since.

Falk tweeted out for anyone who may have seen her.

• WTF? 1

6 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

We have a silver alert here to help find older adults and mentally challenged adults.  I hope they have something similar in Utah.  

Utah is one of the 11 or so states that doesnt have silver alert system but they do have an Endangered Person Advisory so same idea.  

Hopefully this doesnt become a nightmare scenario for the Falks 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think it's easy to forget how young these players are sometimes. His mom shouldn't be that "silver" yet. Falk is in his mid-20s so his mom is probably 45-55; hardly a senior and very unlikely to be suffering dementia.

Hopefully she's already been found ok and we'll read about it later this morning/afternoon.

Thats the scary part of the equation.  Given her age and the fact that women dont run off and disappear leaving their purse, wallet, cell phone and shoes behind.  

• Upvote 1

Hope security cams caught something.  Hope she’s ok obviously.  

hate to bring this up but 6 year’s ago my sons teacher stood up in class, walked to her car, drove to a park and committed suicide. No note. Nobody knows why. 

something about this just struck me and reminded me of that. 

obviously hoping it’s not 

I hope she's okay. Many years ago our oldest son, who has Asperger's, was missing from elementary school for a few hours when my mother in law could not find him to take him home. It ended okay for us (he'd mistakenly taken a bus to an afterschool place that he went to some days, yet the place was called twice, both times saying he was NOT with them).  For 3-4 hours it was scary for us; it must be far worse when people really go missing.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Wit said:

This should be an interesting story we'll never hear.  LOL

No mention of anyone being arrested, so I guess what ever she was doing was voluntary with the whole city looking for her. 

They solved a murder last summer around me by using the security camera footage from the homes and local businesses from where the person was last seen.  They ended up putting together almost a full video of from where the guy got abducted to where he was dumped in a river .  It surprised me how many people have cameras now between security, door cameras, and even car cameras and thought how hard it is to get away with a crime now  because of that. She seemed to be in a pretty active part of the city…surprised they have no images of her leaving .

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, undertow said:

I obviously don't know what happened here but all of these middle age women are popping benzos these days and when mixed with alcohol puts you on a different planet. 

It’s good to live in a tourist town… 

On 7/18/2021 at 10:13 AM, Obrien2Toon said:

Why’d she go to the bathroom with no shoes on 

Women do that all the time. I was always telling females to put their shoes back on because the floor of the nightclub had broken glass and drinks all over it.

A lot of women don’t wear shoes that are comfortable, they wear ones they think look good. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Women do that all the time. I was always telling females to put their shoes back on because the floor of the nightclub had broken glass and drinks all over it.

A lot of women don’t wear shoes that are comfortable, they wear ones that think look good. 

Yuck in a public restroom no less. No thanks my wife even said gross. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

A lot of women don’t wear shoes that are comfortable, they wear ones that think look good. 

I thought only Reddit neckbeards referred to women as “females.” :D 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, flgreen said:

This should be an interesting story we'll never hear.  LOL

No mention of anyone being arrested, so I guess what ever she was doing was voluntary with the whole city looking for her. 

Almost certainly mental health related.  I have a close family friend who has a history of disappearing every four or five years when she has a bad episode, off her meds.  Always found so far, thank God.