Let's all get rich (not literally you only make 3815 on a $500 bet and that's only rich in Albania in 1946 Strawberry Fields Until The Universe Dies)

1 hour ago, slats said:

I, too, would be rich if only I had $3815. 

Exactly at least grow some balls and put his $500 on the Jets to win the SB because even +440 odds to just make the playoffs isn't worth the gamble and neither is $500 on ROY bets. 

Be like me and put $777 on Knicks to make the playoffs during year #1 under coach Thibs @ +1,400 odds!!!

Unfortunately Vegas has caught on to me and will never give me +1,400 odds to JUST MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Ever again (not under coach of the year Tom Thibs at least) and this year I'm going to have to roll my same $777 dice on Knicks JUST MAKING IT OUT OF THE 1st ROUND (which I'm confident we're going to in order for another free $10k+.

I'm sorry but if you're betting $500 on anything Jets related?!? You've got go big or go home BECAUSE Jets just making the playoffs are way less odds than Knicks just making the playoffs were.

And with $500 you can make a lot more than just $3K throughout the season if you NFL 4 team parlay right (Bucs/Chiefs/Ravens/Tennessee for 1 example or NCAA Saturdays on Alabama/Clemson/Ohio State/Notre Dame for another).

49 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

How about you man up, grow some balls and put your $500 on the Jets winning the Super Bowl @ +10,000 odds for $50,500 in return in order for a real life changer? 

Me and my older brother have already placed $200 on the Jets to win it all ($100 each) for $20,200 ($10,100 each). 

And come preseason after training camp we're taking $100 each and putting $20 on 5 separate prop bets of Zach Wilson/Michael Carter/Elijah Moore (ROY), C.J. Mosley Comeback Player of the Year and Jets to make the playoffs. 

Remember before our Knicks season started and I was getting LAUGHED @ by Jets fans for creating a thread and guaranteeing that we'd (just) make the playoffs under coach Thibs because, well, DEFENSE?!?!?!? (see username)

I placed $777 on my Knicks to just make the playoffs @ +1,400 odds and ended up winning myself $11,655 (all while laughing Jets fans who were laughing @ me ??)

(I took my FREE Knicks $$$ to the bank and broke it down into $1s, $5's, $10's, $20's, $50's and $100's just so I could SWIM IN THE $$$$ ??

And this year I'm running it back on my Jets playing with house $ ($220 on 6 Jets bets combined and next years Knicks $777 to make it out of the 1st round (only way to get + odds under Thibs with another $10k+ winnings).

Screenshot_20210708-011801.thumb.png.ac6c77718b80b99a87ceaebbc74c3542.png

Screenshot_20210708-011710.thumb.png.52c42c22574646eeeb65ad61c9461084.png

Screenshot_20210708-011919.thumb.png.7b30af20d34d64207bf82be75591d942.png

Screenshot_20210708-011811.thumb.png.abf5706b61638a08d8188262f6a7b193.png

Screenshot_20210708-011856.png

You make it really hard to be happy for you with your big win on the Knicks.

26 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Exactly at least grow some balls and put his $500 on the Jets to win the SB because even +440 odds to just make the playoffs isn't worth the gamble and neither is $500 on ROY bets. 

Be like me and put $777 on Knicks to make the playoffs during year #1 under coach Thibs @ +1,400 odds!!!

Unfortunately Vegas has caught on to me and will never give me +1,400 odds to JUST MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Ever again (not under coach of the year Tom Thibs at least) and this year I'm going to have to roll my same $777 dice on Knicks JUST MAKING IT OUT OF THE 1st ROUND (which I'm confident we're going to in order for another free $10k+.

I'm sorry but if you're betting $500 on anything Jets related?!? You've got go big or go home BECAUSE Jets just making the playoffs are way less odds than Knicks just making the playoffs were.

And with $500 you can make a lot more than just $3K throughout the season if you NFL 4 team parlay right (Bucs/Chiefs/Ravens/Tennessee for 1 example or NCAA Saturdays on Alabama/Clemson/Ohio State/Notre Dame for another).

I just bet +30,000 on you writing a post in under 600 words. You seem like a long poster. Help me out here.

• Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, jgb said:

You make it really had to be happy for you with your big win on the Knicks.

Well you guys made it hard for me to be excited for my Knicks heading into game #1. 

Just read the first two to three pages our Knicks thread was full of nothing but naysayers and know it all's (all while I knew exactly what type of #1 ranked NBA Defense Tom Thibs was on the verge of featuring for us).

This thread managed to bring @The Gooch  out of hiding (while Knicks shaming) and genius sports fans like @SAR I who came into my thread to troll (with more Adam Gase trolling of Tom Thibs) and yet both weren't even man enough to return to my thread once NY started winning.

Thibs won Coach of the Year, Julius Randle made an All-Star due to Most Improved Player of the Year award, Immanuel Quickley made both All-Rookie team and USA team Select, Knicks go from #20 something Defense to #1 NBA Defense, from like 28th in 3PT% to #2 in 3PT% etc etc and all the way into the playoffs as a #4 Seed and postseason for the first time in damn near 10 years (8) and all during his first year too. It was a 1997 Bill Parcells type of culture change. 

1.) "The Knicks had a 5 point halftime lead and blew it, they're now down 7 in the 4th quarter.Let's hear you give Thingamebo the Gase treatment he deserves.

SAR I

2.) Now Squiggly is hurt!  This guy Thigameaubu ruined him!  He sucks!  Fly the planes already!  Get Beningo to call in!

SAR I

3.) This guy Thingabeau is not good, he's a bad hire, lost a game he had won, got his rookie hurt, and failed to develop Bartlett.

Where are the t-shirts? When is the billboard going up? Be consistent.

SAR I

4.) The Knicks are 0-2 and cl Rd clearly Thingamabeu such as a coach and the season is slipping away. Where are the T-shirts? Where are the planes? Where are the billboards?

SAR I. 

5.) The end. He was never to be seen again (and now he's doing to Saleh what he did to Thibs and/or is already planning his ambush attack; don't listen to it).

I'll give it to you. I don't remember you ever trolling our Knicks thread but cry me a river about making it hard on people for what they did to me as a longtime suffering Knicks and Jets fan? They deserve all the crow I'm giving them (and then some).

All of that to say this...

1.) Don't listen to Vegas odds. They're not in the business of giving us locks or free picks (to make a come up off of them. They try and TRICK US with every prop bet). 

2.) Don't listen to naysayers especially from our own NY fan base because we're nothing but miserable pricks (even Yankees fans too). 

3.) Get your popcorn ready. ? And Thnx for reminding me of people who make it hard on people. I'm about to bump and quote all of these guys on page one-two-three (especially a certain somebody ?) and invite them back into my Knicks thread ???? especially since they oh so conveniently removed themselves from our soon to be Knicks Playoffs/Turnaround thread ???

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Well you guys made it hard for me to be excited for my Knicks heading into game #1. 

Just read the first two to three pages our Knicks thread was full of nothing but naysayers and know it all's (all while I knew exactly what type of #1 ranked NBA Defense Tom Thibs was on the verge of featuring for us).

This thread managed to bring @The Gooch  out of hiding (while Knicks shaming) and genius sports fans like @SAR I who came into my thread to troll (with more Adam Gase trolling of Tom Thibs) and yet both weren't even man enough to return to my thread once NY started winning.

Thibs won Coach of the Year, Julius Randle made an All-Star due to Most Improved Player of the Year award, Immanuel Quickley made both All-Rookie team and USA team Select, Knicks go from #20 something Defense to #1 NBA Defense, from like 28th in 3PT% to #2 in 3PT% etc etc and all the way into the playoffs as a #4 Seed and postseason for the first time in damn near 10 years (8) and all during his first year too. It was a 1997 Bill Parcells type of culture change. 

1.) "The Knicks had a 5 point halftime lead and blew it, they're now down 7 in the 4th quarter.Let's hear you give Thingamebo the Gase treatment he deserves.

SAR I

2.) Now Squiggly is hurt!  This guy Thigameaubu ruined him!  He sucks!  Fly the planes already!  Get Beningo to call in!

SAR I

3.) This guy Thingabeau is not good, he's a bad hire, lost a game he had won, got his rookie hurt, and failed to develop Bartlett.

Where are the t-shirts? When is the billboard going up? Be consistent.

SAR I

4.) The Knicks are 0-2 and cl Rd clearly Thingamabeu such as a coach and the season is slipping away. Where are the T-shirts? Where are the planes? Where are the billboards?

SAR I. 

5.) The end. He was never to be seen again (and now he's doing to Saleh what he did to Thibs and/or is already planning his ambush attack; don't listen to it).

I'll give it to you. I don't remember you ever trolling our Knicks thread but cry me a river about making it hard on people for what they did to me as a longtime suffering Knicks and Jets fan? They deserve all the crow I'm giving them (and then some).

All of that to say this...

1.) Don't listen to Vegas odds. They're not in the business of giving us locks or free picks (to make a come up off of them. They try and TRICK US with every prop bet). 

2.) Don't listen to naysayers especially from our own NY fan base because we're nothing but miserable pricks (even Yankees fans too). 

3.) Get your popcorn ready. ? And Thnx for reminding me of people who make it hard on people. I'm about to bump and quote all of these guys on page one-two-three (especially a certain somebody ?) and invite them back into my Knicks thread ???? especially since they oh so conveniently removed themselves from our soon to be Knicks Playoffs/Turnaround thread ???

I don't watch the NBA. Had no idea about your bet at the time. Had no comment on it nor would I. But man, you are really hard to root for lol.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, ZacharyWilson said:

I just bet +30,000 on you writing a post in under 600 words. You seem like a long poster. Help me out here.

Well since this thread is about gambling you would've just lost because the post you quoted me on had exactly 194 words and takes the average American reader 1.5 minutes to read (90 seconds) and my next post was only 539 words and 128 of those words were from SAR I meaning that only 411 were my words (takes the average fast reader 2.6 minutes to read ala 100 seconds). 

Looks like you owe me $30,000 ???

In all seriousness lighten up my dude it's the offseason and we're talking about gambling and I'm not only proud of my Knicks bet @ +1,400 odds but I believe the Jets can do something magical under Saleh this year and just wanting you to take your $500 and make some better bets that can become life changers. You can make 5 $100 bets and come up with payouts way more than 3k bro. 

and I'm not a fan of 1 line Twitter posting (never had a Twitter account) so the next time you wanna be anal towards me due to word count? Use this https://wordstotime.com/ and you'll realize how petty you've been towards my posts that literally take under 120-180 seconds to read over the years.

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Well since this thread is about gambling you would've just lost because the post you quoted me on had exactly 194 words and takes the average American reader 1.5 minutes to read (90 seconds) and my next post was only 539 words and 128 of those words were from SAR I meaning that only 411 were my words (takes the average fast reader 2.6 minutes to read ala 100 seconds). 

Looks like you owe me $30,000 ???

In all seriousness lighten up my dude it's the offseason and we're talking about gambling and I'm not only proud of my Knicks bet @ +1,400 odds but I believe the Jets can do something magical under Saleh this year and just wanting you to take your $500 and make some better bets that can become life changers. You can make 5 $100 bets and come up with payouts way more than 3k bro. 

Ah we're just teasing each other. It's all good.

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

I don't watch the NBA. Had no idea about your bet at the time. Had no comment on it nor would I. But man, you are really hard to root for lol.

On a more serious note what are your thoughts on C.J. Mosley Comeback Player of the Year? The Jets will feature a top 1-5 Defense under Saleh and with C.J. Mosley our starting MLB he'd have to get serious consideration because if healthy he easily shatters 120+ tackles and possibly 3-5 INTs. 

Good value bet or na?

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

On a more serious note what are your thoughts on C.J. Mosley Comeback Player of the Year? The Jets will feature a top 1-5 Defense under Saleh and with C.J. Mosley our starting MLB he'd have to get serious consideration because if healthy he easily shatters 120+ tackles and possibly 3-5 INTs. 

Good value bet or na?

For anyone else to win, Dak basically needs to get reinjured. @The Crusher is a believer and he said he put a G down on Mosley ($100,000 on a win). I view it as a fun little bet. Wouldn't go big on it.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ZacharyWilson said:

Ah we're just teasing each other. It's all good.

Thnx man and seriously take that $500 you've worked for in life and spread it around with 5 different bets because 1 bet on Wilson ROY won't be fun for you because Michael Carter and Elijah Moore will both compete with him too. 

Ok 3 bets. 

1.) $150 for Jets to win SB I believe pays back like $15k if my $100 pays $10,100). This way you can dream and dream big. 

2.) 200 Zach Wilson on ROY. So you can celebrate every drop back. 

3.) $150 on Michael Carter ROY behind a beast O-Line with Mekhi Becton/Vera-Tucker-Moses. So you can celebrate every 20+ yard MC run.

4.) You'll be more fired up for our season dude!

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

For anyone else to win, Dak basically needs to get reinjured. @The Crusher is a believer and he said he put a G down on Mosley ($100,000 on a win). I view it as a fun little bet. Wouldn't go big on it.

@The Crusheris this true big fella?!?!? 

If so DWC is so proud of you bruh!!

No wonder why the other day you told me I'm better at just talking DEFENSE but a maniac when talking OFFENSE ?

If you win this bet you better send me $500 for believing in my username ?

• Haha 1

I found a great Prop Bet coming off of a 2-14 season. 

Robert Saleh. 

Coach of the Year.

+2000 odds. 

If we just sniff the playoffs he easily wins this award.

I'm going to put $777 on Saleh (like I did my Knicks) @ +2000 for $16,317 in return because this is the bet I'm most confident in. Because he's going to Rich Kotite to Bill Parcells, Eric Mangini to Rex Ryan and Fizdale to Thibs COMPLETELY CHANGE THE CULTURE OF OUR FOOTBALL PROGRAM. 

Imo both Parcells (1997) and Rex (2009) were screwed but the 3rd x will be the ROBERT SALEH Jets charm and we'll all be paid after years of BBQs on losing coaches. 

Robert Saleh. 

Coach of the year. 

+2000 odds. 

Best Jets bet to possibly make. 

@ZacharyWilson are you listening to me bro? Your $500 wins you $10,500 exactly and that's a lot more than $3,815 you can take that $3,815 and take a vacation here in Florida and still have $6,184 in the bank as profit once returning from Florida (but I think you already live here so go to Hawaii man let DWC send you!)

And just think about it if Zach wins ROY? Chances are both Jets and Saleh had an awesome year. Put your $500 on Coach Saleh (and let Zach Wilson take you to the $$$ bank).  @ZacharyWilson

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I found a great Prop Bet coming off of a 2-14 season. 

Robert Saleh. 

Coach of the Year.

+2000 odds. 

If we just sniff the playoffs he easily wins this award.

I'm going to put $777 on Saleh (like I did my Knicks) @ +2000 for $16,317 in return because this is the bet I'm most confident in. Because he's going to Rich Kotite to Bill Parcells, Eric Mangini to Rex Ryan and Fizdale to Thibs COMPLETELY CHANGE THE CULTURE OF OUR FOOTBALL PROGRAM. 

Imo both Parcells (1997) and Rex (2009) were screwed but the 3rd x will be the ROBERT SALEH Jets charm and we'll all be paid after years of BBQs on losing coaches. 

Robert Saleh. 

Coach of the year. 

+2000 odds. 

Best Jets bet to possibly make. 

@ZacharyWilson are you listening to me bro? Your $500 wins you $10,500 exactly and that's a lot more than $3,815 you can take that $3,815 and take a vacation here in Florida and still have $6,184 in the bank as profit once returning from Florida (but I think you already live here so go to Hawaii man let DWC send you!)

And just think about it if Zach wins ROY? Chances are both Jets and Saleh had an awesome year. Put your $500 on Coach Saleh (and let Zach Wilson take you to the $$$ bank).  @ZacharyWilson

This is compelling, actually. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

ElderlyPalatableKusimanse-size_restricte

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Good quote from my dad when I moved to Vegas for a year and attempted to make a living playing poker…

”son…all…not most…all gamblers end up broke”

I should have listened to him.  I lasted 6 months lol.

Gambling is like golf. That one great shot keeps you coming back. Just can’t let it make you think you’ve cracked the code and it’s all wins from here.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, ZacharyWilson said:

This is compelling, actually. 

I just feel like coach SALEH is going to pull a coach Thibs and completely turn this Gase losing culture around and in only year #1 too. 

And you've got two shots. 

1.) What if Zach Wilson doesn't exactly light it up because we're grounding and 2009 pounding behind Michael Carter? 

2.) You've still got a defensive guru to fall back on in SALEH who's leading QW/Lawson/Mosley/Maye and some fast ass LBs too (with the potential of a top 1-5 Defense). 

This man led SF to some awesome Defenses over the years and not even losing Bosa (+ more) could stop his cover 3 Defense from dominating. 

Fk the ROY Award go chase that $10,500 off of $500 and pray Saleh pulls a Tom Thibs!

• Knicks went from like 27th in D to #1. 

• Knicks went from #20 something 3PT% to #2. 

• Knicks went from 7 years no Playoffs (2012-2013 Melo) to #4 seed and Playoffs. 

• Knicks went from drafting Obi Toppin PF and wanting to trade Julius Randle to keeping Obi on the BENCH due to Julius Randle @ PFmaking his 1st All-Star, NBA most improved Player and became the 1st player (under Thibs) since Larry Bird's MVP season to average over 20+ points (24 Julius had), 10+ rebounds (Randle had like 11), 5+ assists (JR had 6.0) and +.400 3PT% ( can't remember but it was over .400%. 

• Immanuel Quickley could be your Zack Wilson. Immanuel as a Rookie helped his coach win the award by draining 100+ 3's, NBA All-Rookie team (2nd team) and now a USA Select member. But guess what? Didn't win ROY (finished top 5 tho) because the comp was a little too tough and chances are the writers are going to favor Lawrence over the field. 

• Knicks went from 21-45 (Fizdale) to 41-31 under Thibs (after 0-2 start). 

These are just 6 examples on why he truly won Coach of the Year and 1st round loss to ATL (swept them 3-0 regular season) without Mitchell Robinson his freakishly athletic Starting Center and rim protector and #1 Defensive Anchor changes nothing because it's a regular season award.

• R.J. Barrett's 2nd NBA season was a complete turn around from his Rookie year and his 2nd year under Thibs = better numbers than 2nd year Kobe Bryant (kid you not).

7th example. 

I say all of this for 5 reasons. 

1.) It's more fun rooting for a coach (with an entire team and locker room behind him) more than it is for just a Rookie to steal the spotlight (flashlights vs 1 Star).

2.) I believe in coach Saleh more than I did coach Thibs (that's saying something just read my opening game Knicks thread Thibs had me believing in NYC Defense again). 

3.) These players are ready to RUN THROUGH WALLS for coach Saleh. 

4.) 2-14 belongs to Adam Gase but 2021-2022 belongs to Salah, his players love him and he's already changed the culture of this Franchise. 

5.) I think Saleh winning Coach of the Year is easier than my Jets winning SB bet and/or any ROY prop bet and I thnx you for this thread because without this thread? And me brainstorming on how I could make a better bet? This idea of Saleh COY would've never happened because when I think or Saleh I can't stop thinking of what Thibs did for my 21-45 Knicks after Fizdale (who was my Adam Gase).

I think Saleh will impact like...

image.thumb.png.8d7d23ff98e272f69fc158baff9c0ef6.png

image.thumb.png.f438d5e0c2b642468aaf65ace5987a85.png

image.png.f5e62eab7f86c94733f00bf17f40d334.png

image.thumb.png.135a962ad7b42f8c1ae129dc472f3ad7.png

Even his offensive players love him he even calls Elijah Moore HIS DOG!

image.png.a78b0a0a38811e62928cfb909de3e43c.png

We can't underestimate the value and power of a HC who works out and lifts freaking weights alongside his OWN PLAYERS!

I can't tell you to do with your $500 but I truly believe my $100 SB win is a wasted bet but I'm so confident in my HC I'm putting $777 on Saleh and my JETS like I did $777 on Thibs and my KNICKS!

Because something magical could be on the verge of happening and Vegas knows it too. They have him DEAD LAST because they don't want the world knowing what us Jets fans now know (no Dallas, N.E, TB will drop $ on Saleh she Vegas knows it too).

(I'm going to wait until training camp to avoid catastrophic injuries but pull the trigger right before preseason so Vegas doesn't change +2000 odds after watching our kids playing like animals during meaningless preseason games while Saleh is a raging bull on the sidelines).

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Gambling is like golf. That one great shot keeps you coming back. Just can’t let it make you think you’ve cracked the code and it’s all wins from here.

You are right bro. 2015-2016 was the first time I got introduced to our local game room sports gambling spot and I went on like a 1 month run that I've never been able to duplicate again (not until Knicks 2020-2021 won me everything back and THEN some). 

Look man. You aren't lying. I've NEVER been able to win like this again and I try $17 on 8 picks every Saturday and Sunday. 

If I could win like this every month? ? I wouldn't need to 9-5 punch in punch out from home (since Covid).

Screenshot_20210708-014707.thumb.png.2d379a0be9d432a9b3be79cdd5642508.png

That was my 1st ever 8 pick (went 6-2 the week before) and you know what's crazy? The only game I bought points on? Florida Gators? Because as an FSU fan I felt dirty betting with them? If I didn't buy those points I would've went 7-1 (I was lucky, not good). 

Check this out...  Playing with HOUSE $ NOW... Yes. I've let N.E and Brady pay me over the years +6-7 SB wins too. 

Screenshot_20210708-014417.thumb.png.887513b6dc9a2d6a37677bed73f1f0a6.png

Screenshot_20210708-014840.thumb.png.8776edfe1b5ed9e6c95d5f7765c9974f.png

Many of the same teams as my 1st 8 pick. Just 1 month later and couple days after my 3 pick.  And that Michigan St game? All luck. Blocked punt. Wouldn't went 7-1!

That blocked punt I was watching live made my $17 go from $0 to $1,295! I'll never forget that game I was praying for a punt return TD and got a MIRACLE! I watch this video every Saturday to fire me up before I place my 8 picks ?

I was on such a streak that month or so I even tried my luck @ Derby Lane poker. 

Screenshot_20210708-015323.thumb.png.8a8490334c8cc65d44c223d8658e64d5.png

Trust me when I say my Lord never blessed me like this again (not until Knicks this past season) and 7 is my favorite # that's why I did $777 @ +1,400 odds for $11,566. Since 2015 all I've done is lost my $17 on 8 picks ever since. 

You know what's nuts? I just lost my job 1 week before I went on my run. Company I worked for shut down and moved to NC. I had a 4 year old daughter on the line with bills soon to be over my head my wife was stay at home mom. I was 29 scared with my wife begging me not to gamble the rest of my little savings away but I had to storm out the house ignoring her.  That $6,301 not only let me feed my family but gave me an extra 1-2 months to finally land the job I was praying for. Never since have I ever been able to win like that (2015) because never once have I needed to gamble so bad. I actually went to my childhood friend with $500 asking him to help me buy marijuana to sell (never did that before) out of desperation and feeling trapped and he was like "nah bro. You know a lot about sports. Let me introduce you to my uncle who runs a gambling house. Don't never throw your freedom away when you have a family who needs you". I never forgot those words. Best man @ our wedding.

And you know what's crazy about my Knicks of 2020? March 23rd I surprised by wife with $5,000 in furniture sets for her birthday because she deserved it although I saved for a while and still couldn't afford it. Knicks making the playoffs was my good Karma. I feel like. 

And even though I've always lost by $17 8 picks every Saturday and Sunday since those two I got lucky on x2? My secret has been this. 

1.) Alabama 1st half $37.00. 

2.) N.E Patriots ML $57.00. 

And I've won what feels like 90% of time allowing me to have fun for free chasing 8 picks over the weekend while making like $30-$60 per week in profit almost every week. 

2021: Alabama 1st half (that way you can gamble for free most weekends) 

Remember that. 

because 1st half they destroy and 2nd half they stop trying to rip heads off and run out clock out. 

I forgot about this one. Hit last year when both Lakers bubble and Chiefs won the SB!

Screenshot_20210719-204538.thumb.png.988e2b3a36224be4fc6a563a2928ee3f.png

31 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I just feel like coach SALEH is going to pull a coach Thibs and completely turn this Gase losing culture around and in only year #1 too. 

And you've got two shots. 

1.) What if Zach Wilson doesn't exactly light it up because we're grounding and 2009 pounding behind Michael Carter? 

2.) You've still got a defensive guru to fall back on in SALEH who's leading QW/Lawson/Mosley/Maye and some fast ass LBs too (with the potential of a top 1-5 Defense). 

This man led SF to some awesome Defenses over the years and not even losing Bosa (+ more) could stop his cover 3 Defense from dominating. 

Fk the ROY Award go chase that $10,500 off of $500 and pray Saleh pulls a Tom Thibs!

• Knicks went from like 27th in D to #1. 

• Knicks went from #20 something 3PT% to #2. 

• Knicks went from 7 years no Playoffs (2012-2013 Melo) to #4 seed and Playoffs. 

• Knicks went from drafting Obi Toppin PF and wanting to trade Julius Randle to keeping Obi on the BENCH due to Julius Randle @ PFmaking his 1st All-Star, NBA most improved Player and became the 1st player (under Thibs) since Larry Bird's MVP season to average over 20+ points (24 Julius had), 10+ rebounds (Randle had like 11), 5+ assists (JR had 6.0) and +.400 3PT% ( can't remember but it was over .400%. 

• Immanuel Quickley could be your Zack Wilson. Immanuel as a Rookie helped his coach win the award by draining 100+ 3's, NBA All-Rookie team (2nd team) and now a USA Select member. But guess what? Didn't win ROY (finished top 5 tho) because the comp was a little too tough and chances are the writers are going to favor Lawrence over the field. 

• Knicks went from 21-45 (Fizdale) to 41-31 under Thibs (after 0-2 start). 

These are just 6 examples on why he truly won Coach of the Year and 1st round loss to ATL (swept them 3-0 regular season) without Mitchell Robinson his freakishly athletic Starting Center and rim protector and #1 Defensive Anchor changes nothing because it's a regular season award.

• R.J. Barrett's 2nd NBA season was a complete turn around from his Rookie year and his 2nd year under Thibs = better numbers than 2nd year Kobe Bryant (kid you not).

7th example. 

I say all of this for 5 reasons. 

1.) It's more fun rooting for a coach (with an entire team and locker room behind him) more than it is for just a Rookie to steal the spotlight (flashlights vs 1 Star).

2.) I believe in coach Saleh more than I did coach Thibs (that's saying something just read my opening game Knicks thread Thibs had me believing in NYC Defense again). 

3.) These players are ready to RUN THROUGH WALLS for coach Saleh. 

4.) 2-14 belongs to Adam Gase but 2021-2022 belongs to Salah, his players love him and he's already changed the culture of this Franchise. 

5.) I think Saleh winning Coach of the Year is easier than my Jets winning SB bet and/or any ROY prop bet and I thnx you for this thread because without this thread? And me brainstorming on how I could make a better bet? This idea of Saleh COY would've never happened because when I think or Saleh I can't stop thinking of what Thibs did for my 21-45 Knicks after Fizdale (who was my Adam Gase).

I think Saleh will impact like...

image.thumb.png.8d7d23ff98e272f69fc158baff9c0ef6.png

image.thumb.png.f438d5e0c2b642468aaf65ace5987a85.png

image.png.f5e62eab7f86c94733f00bf17f40d334.png

image.thumb.png.135a962ad7b42f8c1ae129dc472f3ad7.png

Even his offensive players love him he even calls Elijah Moore HIS DOG!

image.png.a78b0a0a38811e62928cfb909de3e43c.png

We can't underestimate the value and power of a HC who works out and lifts freaking weights alongside his OWN PLAYERS!

I can't tell you to do with your $500 but I truly believe my $100 SB win is a wasted bet but I'm so confident in my HC I'm putting $777 on Saleh and my JETS like I did $777 on Thibs and my KNICKS!

Because something magical could be on the verge of happening and Vegas knows it too. They have him DEAD LAST because they don't want the world knowing what us Jets fans now know (no Dallas, N.E, TB will drop $ on Saleh she Vegas knows it too).

(I'm going to wait until training camp to avoid catastrophic injuries but pull the trigger right before preseason so Vegas doesn't change +2000 odds after watching our kids playing like animals during meaningless preseason games while Saleh is a raging bull on the sidelines).

Jesus Christmas, you're amazing. That's a compliment not a dig.

• Sympathy 1