Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..

5 hours ago, nycdan said:

FWIW, Trevor did not get offset language in his contract.  So tell me why the Jets should just dole it out because some fans have ants in their pants?  One could just as easily argue that Zach and/or his agents are being unreasonable.  Seriously, not everything points in a straight line to being the fault of the Johnson brothers.

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/sports/nfl/2021/07/05/signed-and-sealed-trevor-lawrence-under-contract-jaguars/7865652002/

Exactly. I wanted to stay out of this thread but I'm so frustrated I can't resist. 

Trevor Lawrence went to two National Championship games and had 3 playoff appearances during his 3 years and also won a National Championship. 

I love Wilson too but Jets fans believing he "deserves" the same contract "Trevor Lawrence" is getting is absolutely freaking clueless. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Zach forces his way to Seattle you’ll all be cheering Joe Douglas as a genius for getting draft picks.   SAR I

You’re a master in the art of bad posting, but this might be your opus.      

It's a problem of motivation Bob. I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses ri

Posted Images

4 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I honestly don't see how this BS is worth not having Zach walk through the door with the rest of his team on day 1. This needs to get done today. Any, even 1 practice missed is a big deal and too many, imo. Such stupid bs to not have your QB in camp on the first day. 

I guess that's why in a fan 🤷🏼‍♂️

I'd seriously give anything to hear a behind closed door conversation with JD explaining to Saleh why this offset crap is such a big f'ing deal 

Don't you dare blame "JD" for this because this is 100% Zach Wilson's fault. 

Joe Douglas has signed all 18 rookies dating back to last year. 

Zach Wilson is being an absolute prick with the help of his agent and is the opposite of a team leader.

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Argumentative?  Again?  lol, you whine whenever someone doesnt agree with you

No paying a player who's gone and earning a paycheck somewhere else has nothing to do with a solid commitment.  

You're very argumentative.  Sadly shilling for Woody hasn't moved the needle in the argument.  

• Post of the Week 1
2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Zach Wilson is being an absolute prick with the help of his agent and is the opposite of a team leader.

Ok Woody

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I don’t think Douglas is the problem here.

He's not. He's been able to sign all 18 of his draft picks throughout the previous two years. 

Zach Wilson is the only one who's ever put himself ahead of his teammates. 

As of right now I honestly couldn't care less if we go 0-16 and draft another QB #1 overall next year while letting Zach Wilson rot on the bench for the next 4-5 years. 

JD is not in business of being punked by a spoiled brat of a little punk. 

• Thumb Down 2
2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I don't know why you're mad at Zach.  If Douglas didn't do his due dilligence before drafting him and didn't find out he wasn't a team leader he should have traded out or drafted someone else.  

The only player Douglas drafted that he knew would be available when we drafted was Zach Wilson.  If he didn't have any inkling their would be issues with him, he's a crappy GM.   

If Zach isn't a team guy and it's detremental to the team it's on Douglas.  He had loads of options. 

Zach is the future of this team and Douglas is the guy who made that commitment.

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

You're very argumentative.  Sadly shilling for Woody hasn't moved the needle in the argument.  

He's always argumentive. He jumped down my throat for being frustrated with Zach Wilson holding out and now missing training camp and he's the same person who had over 100 posts bashing DARRELLE REVIS for holding out and even said "He's holding out and it doesn't matter WHY he's holding out because he's HOLDING OUT!!!!

He's very argumentive dude he believes he has the right to not only hate a proven future HOF lock at the time Darrelle Revis for holding out but then has the nerve to attack fans who are UPSET about an unproven Rookie holding out? Hypocritical. 

And it doesn't matter why Wilson is holding out because he's holding out (his words, not mine).

Yes I'm upset about Zach Wilson holding out and putting himself ahead of his teammates and I'll 100% forgive him once he returns but I don't need fans who hated Revis for holding out trying to correct me for Zach Wilson holding out I just hope this kid signs before tomorrow 😓

15 minutes ago, jbt said:

What is Zach's mom saying about all this?

Nothing.  She’s busy showing off her new custom made Jets jeans jacket.  Apparently she’s not too concerned about her son signing. 

image.thumb.png.4e1febd5689b1ad27c3fb9a130becffb.png

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's not. He's been able to sign all 18 of his draft picks throughout the previous two years. 

Zach Wilson is the only one who's ever put himself ahead of his teammates. 

As of right now I honestly couldn't care less if we go 0-16 and draft another QB #1 overall last year while letting Zach Wilson rot on the bench for the next 4-5 years. 

JD is not in business of being punked by a soiled brat of a little punk. 

I mean no offense but ... this is indescribably stupid.

• Upvote 4
3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

IF Woody really wanted to send a message to the fan base that he was “all in” with this new staff and optimism, he would come out and say “even though we have typically included offset language with our past first round picks, we are so confident in our new staff and the new players brought in, I am going to bet on Zach and Coach Saleh and not include any offsets.”   

I actually think the fan base would react positively to Woody for the first time in a long time.  

Wrong. If Zach Wilson was confident in his own ability not to BUST he'd sign his damn contract and be a leader for his teammates. 

It's Zach Wilson who's scared of a contract with no offset language and it's alarming to me as a red flag because he doesn't even believe in himself in order to gamble on himself. 

Theres a few things that go into these offsets besides money...its about both sides not wanting to find themselves on the short end of the stick.  For future guarantees its really like 20% on the 4th and 5th year of the contract which is something the Jets should just give in to...theres also things i can see the teams point of view on like training camp roster bonuses that get paid even if the player winds up on the active/non football injury list when camp opens...that protects the player if he does something dumb like steve smith did when he broke his arm playing football at his local YMCA in 2010...sam darnold btw gave into the offset language on future guarantees and got what he wanted in the training camp roster bonuses.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You dont care about Johnsons money and you hate the Johnsons.  Why should they care that youre overblowing the short holdout we've all seen a hundred times over when your pretty vocal about hating owners.

Why did you care SO MUCH about the Johnson's money when Revis was holding out? 

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

This has nothing to do with offset language. This has everything to do with his PAYMENT schedule and breakdown. 

I'm sure Wilson wants the same payment schedule and breakdown and I'm sure the Johnsons would rather not use roster bonuses and instead use more of a base salary structure. 

Sorry but Wilson doesn't "deserve" Trevor Lawrence's contract. 

A.) He never won a National Championship.

B.) He never made the National Championship Game 2x.

C.) He never made 3 playoff appearances. 

D.) He wasn't drafted #1 overall. 

What's next? 

He's going to "demand" Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady $$$$ during his next contract negotiations without ever winning a SB? 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Mostly because he’s in California practicing with his QB coach and his professional agent is handling the meetings. Maybe I’m wrong, but my assumption is the agent tells these kids what they want and don’t want. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t hire an attorney to give him my opinion, I hire an attorney for his. 

I disagree. 

A natural born leader doesn't let an agent force him to miss time with his teammates. 

JD has signed all other 18 drafted rookies since last year and all 18 had agents too. 

This is all on Zach Wilson and nothing to do with his agent or JD. 

If he really wanted to be a leader for his teammates he'd fire his agent and be at camp already.

Macc was buttfumbled by Darnold and gave in. JD is NOT Mac . He will not be pressured into signing Wilson to a contract he’s not comfortable with. I’m sure it’s a fair offer. He’s the 2nd pick in the draft for crying out loud. How far apart can they possibly be. JD trying his best to save the Johnsons a few million off the top. It would be a huge mistake by both parties not to get this done by deadline. I don’t even know the repercussions here. Can anyone chime in.

28 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Youre a horrible poster, I wasnt arguing.  Thats all you do, jump on people and tell them their argumentative when youre clearly the one who is wrong.  Nice technique 

Shilling for Woody?  Because you dont have a clue about why the Jets and just about every other team fights offset language on rookie deals?   

• Thumb Down 1
20 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why did you care SO MUCH about the Johnson's money when Revis was holding out? 

Maybe because Revis was under contract at the time?  Has nothing to do with saving Woody some $.  Maybe because each situation is totally different and I'm not driven for the same reasons you are, that youre butt hurt and making a possible couple of days holdout into more than it is, calling out Zachs lack of leadership and every other but of nonsense you can come up with?  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Perhaps the Jets could operate in good faith with the second pick of the draft and their QB of the future by showing confidence in his ability and have the expectation that he will fulfill his contract and try his best. Ownership building in an escape clause already to save themselves some money (that has no impact on the cap or roster construction) is just petty BS.

Or maybe it's the other way around and Zach Wilson can show confidence in HIMSELF?!?

Let's put the blame for this issue squarely where it belongs - Not on JD or Wilson, but with the players' agents.  The NFL moved to the slotted rookie compensation scale to avoid rookie holdouts that were a big thing a few years ago.  Now that the main bargaining chip is off the table for rookies because the contract value and term is set, agents needed an issue to demonstrate their "worth."  Until a few years ago, every contract contained offset language.  Now, about 30 of 32 teams employ or try to employ some form of offset language.  So the agents needed an issue - otherwise why do you need an agent for your first contract when the NFL CBA lays out the value and the term?? Boom. You now have these offset disputes.  The fix is to make offset language mandatory through the CBA (or prohibit it).  The players union should support it because it means more money for veterans.  I despise holdouts.  They are a blight on pro football.  The NFL and they NFLPA should agree to abolish holdouts.  If a healthy player is not in camp by a certain date - Say August 1 - then they are ineligible to play that season.  Hold outs help nobody but agents. The player is hurt by missing camp and comes into camp unprepared or out of shape. The team is hurt because the player misses camp. The fans are hurt by the uncertainty.  End it NFL. Now.  

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Or maybe it's the other way around and Zach Wilson can show confidence in HIMSELF?!?

The Jets chose Wilson. He didn’t choose the Jets. Pretty simple.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Don't worry guys, missing the start of training camp isn't an indicator of future success. I mean it's not like he's going to be unprepared for the start of the season and throw a pick 6 on his first career pass utterly ruining is future confidence permanently or anything...I mean that would be ridiculous and not like anything a Jet would ever do.

Super Bowl Smile GIF by NFLPA

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre a horrible poster, I wasnt arguing.  Thats all you do, jump on people and tell them their argumentative when youre clearly the one who is wrong.  Nice technique 

Shilling for Woody?  Because you dont have a clue about why the Jets and just about every other team fights offset language on rookie deals?   

FYI you called me argumentative in another thread.  It was a joke.  It obviously went over your head.  Chill out.  I don't have a personal beef with you, don't make it one it's not necessary.  

You've called me argumentative and whiny.  You get called a shill for Woody and you cry like a little bitch.  It's not worth it put me on ignore.  I'll do the same.

13 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I disagree. 

A natural born leader doesn't let an agent force him to miss time with his teammates. 

JD has signed all other 18 drafted rookies since last year and all 18 had agents too. 

If he really wanted to be a leader for his teammates he'd fire his agent and be at camp already.

Trolling?  Cause this is all dumb. 

Any QB drafted #2 will want want Lawrence got at #1.  It sounds like the Bears gave it to the 4th QB.  

This is dumb by the Jets FO as is tradition. 

• Upvote 4

The owners staged a lock out to get this slotted rookie wage scale, now they're not even trying to pay the reduced salaries they strongarmed the players into accepting. Pay the man, JD. You believed in him enough to pick him 2nd overall, now you're hedging in case you got it wrong? Bad look, jefe.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2
28 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I disagree. 

A natural born leader should walk in naked to a negotiation with a billion dollar corporation bend over and let their corporate attorneys write the contract in his annal cavity turn around sign it and lead the men on the field to SB glory.

Nothing says great leader like negiotating with corporations unrepresented by lawyers and agents.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2