Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

100 posts crying, did you count them?
One more time, holding out to renegotiate a contract is 1000% different.  

But keep bringing it up as if it’s the same

Revis was an independent contractor and his teamates understood, remember?

And as one of the greatest coverage CBs of All-Time he had every right to hold out as many times as he wanted in order to be paid as the #1 CB. 

He was an independent contractor and you imo were EXTREME in your Revis complaining.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

100 posts crying, did you count them?
One more time, holding out to renegotiate a contract is 1000% different.  

But keep bringing it up as if it’s the same

And that's what's pissing me off about this. We aren't talking about a player not being at camp because he's asking for a new contract that has long term ramifications for the team. The crap that JD is holding is ground for is so relatively inconsequential compared to getting their QB on the practice field for his rookie year.

Wtf, Aaron Rodgers is at Camp and Zach Wilson isn't ?

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

To me since this is the 2nd highly drafted QB that will hold out on the Jets under 2 different GM’s tells me the Johnson’s may not be in on the calls but they probably are pushing the terms set by them.

That's a good point. Hadn't thought of that. 

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Revis was an independent contractor and his teamates understood, remember?

And as one of the greatest coverage CBs of All-Time he had every right to hold out as many times as he wanted in order to be paid as the #1 CB. 

He was an independent contractor and you imo were EXTREME in your Revis complaining.

They did understand.  It’s right.  They cheered when he signed and celebrated his return.  I’ve said this over and over players understand the business side of the game and respect players right to fight for the last penny.  You on the other hand whine about natural leaders and some other nonsense
I wasn’t even close to being extreme with regards to Revis.  But again, two different cases

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They did understand.  It’s right.  They cheered when he signed and celebrated his return.  I’ve said this over and over players understand the business side of the game and respect players right to fight for the last penny.  You on the other hand whine about natural leaders and some other nonsense
I wasn’t even close to being extreme with regards to Revis.  But again, two different cases

Dude. I can bump that Revis thread and quote all of your Revis posts and show you just how extreme you really were "he's holding out and IT DOESN'T MATTER WHY he's holding out because he's HOLDING OUT!!!"

?

What gives you the right to be frustrated over Revis holding out but then have the nerve to judge those who are UPSET about an unproven Rookie holding out? 

What gives you the right to decide which holdout is worth being frustrated about? 

Who are you to be frustrated over Revis holding out before "correcting" those who are frustrated over Zach holding out and missing training camp?

Who do you think you are? The bestest football fan in the whole wide world or something?

• Thumb Down 3

5 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

And that's what's pissing me off about this. We aren't talking about a player not being at camp because he's asking for a new contract that has long term ramifications for the team. The crap that JD is holding is ground for is so relatively inconsequential compared to getting their QB on the practice field for his rookie year.

Wtf, Aaron Rodgers is at Camp and Zach Wilson isn't ?

Yup, and the problem here is that Douglas is negotiating with zero bullets in the chamber because the last time the Jets did this song and dance (2018), Baker's offset language terms were favorable to the Browns so the Jets had leverage against Sam and his agent. Lawrence and Fields had the offset language removed, which means the Jets (and 49ers) don't have that leverage and will probably cave.  In short: stop trying to fight the inevitable and get your f*cking QB in here.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So in your estimation this could leave the Jets without Zach Wilson?  So they should just give him whatever he wants.  

Yes, because what Wilson wants is irrelevant to how the Jets can build their roster. This is not a difficult concept for those who aren’t shills or on the payroll of the Johnson brothers.

• WTF? 1

10 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I could be 10000% completely wrong but I could have sworn I read somewhere that guaranteed bonus like that go into some kind of escrow account/system. Meaning the owner still essentially "writes the check" for the full bonus immediately, even if it isn't dispersed to the player or apply towards the cap until a later date. 

I believe the rule is signing bonus is paid immediately and any other guaranteed money left in the contract is placed in escrow. I also believe the johnsons have plenty of money to cover any kind of requirement needed. It doesn’t even have to come out of their pockets.  This is a business.  If they were hard up they could get loans or you would even be reading about them selling ownership stakes. They made Douglas one of the highest paid GMs and there was no problem with salehs negotiations. I don’t think they are great owners but I don’t think they are overly cheap either.  We haven’t spent to the cap in years but we havent drafted anyone worth resigning for the most part and good free agents with other options didn’t want to come here.  Hard to get to the cap with that combo

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yes, because what Wilson wants is irrelevant to how the Jets can build their roster. This is not a difficult concept for those who aren’t shills or on the payroll of the Johnson brothers.

If your answer is yes then your wrong. He’ll be in camp soon enough, will get all the snaps he needs.  
It’s not being a shill to understand why every owner, sorry it kills your complaining about jets owners is against paying all money up front and to guarantee pay if a player is dumped and paid by another team.  But as a Jet fan you’re programmed to think the Jets are the only team that fights against it

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If your answer is yes then your wrong. He’ll be in camp soon enough, will get all the snaps he needs.  
It’s not being a shill to understand why every owner, sorry it kills your complaining about jets owners is against paying all money up front and to guarantee pay if a player is dumped and paid by another team.  But as a Jet fan you’re programmed to think the Jets are the only team that fights against it

If you are worried about your owners pocket book when it has zero impact on roster construction or the cap then yes that is the definition of shilling for ownership. 

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

Blah blah blah. Couple days doesn’t matter. He’ll be here soon enough. Settle down. 

People acting like this is their first camp, first time experiencing negotiations.  Looking for someone to blame.  Is it Zach, his agent or the big bad Johnson brothers.  One even suggested that at roughly $5B each and top 3 in ticket sales they don’t have the money to pay bonuses

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If you are worried about your owners pocket book when it has zero impact on roster construction or the cap then yes that is the definition of shilling for ownership. 

I’m not worried about money, I’m saying I don’t want to set a precedent with a stupid friggen contract just because a handful of fans are ready to jump out their windows because Zach might miss a few days.  Because this is their first camp and they’ve never experienced this before

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I’m not worried about money, I’m saying I don’t want to set a precedent with a stupid friggen contract just because a handful of fans are ready to jump out their windows because Zach might miss a few days.  Because this is their first camp and they’ve never experienced this before

Why are you so worried about setting a precedent? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Why are you so worried about setting a precedent? 

Bad business is bad business.  There’s lots of reasons to try and avoid it.  There’s also time to come to a compromise, as I would think they will 

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Precedent? If the Jets are picking second or first again next year or the year after, there will be a new GM and a new precedent. Picking that high in the draft is rare and precedents are irrelevant- considering he’s a special case because he’s a QB and he was drafted 2nd overall. This is not something fans should worry about and it’s frankly odd you’re worried about Woodys money.

• WTF? 1

37 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Are they ripping the niners also? Probably not

I think the Niners situation is completely different.

49ers didn't plan on Lance being their Day 1 starter, and Lance will probably have at least a year to learn. 

Jets planned on Wilson being their Day 1 starter, and he will be starting his first NFL game in less than 50 days. The situation is not ideal especially with a first time HC and OC.

• Upvote 1

FWIW, Zach has already missed a day of practice at this point because if he’s in California right now, he’s probably not flying here tonight.  Even if he does, he’s not getting here early enough to be on the practice field tomorrow (unpack, jet lag, etc.).

Good job Joe and co.  Hope the pissing contest is/was worth it.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

His mistake is not realizing that every single player knows they’re independent contractors and each of them handle their business the way they want to/need to.  No one disparages another player for getting his deal.  Has nothing to do with leadership or lack of leadership.  

His mistakes are vast and beyond the scope of this message board. But yes, 100%

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What are the reasons? 

Oh I don’t know, paying a player who is a failure for the remaining years on his deal even if he’s gone and collecting somewhere else

Look you have your ideas on how to run a business, I have mine.  I could care less about the Johnsons money, combined the two are worth $10B, I’m not crying a river for them.  Just business is business

5 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

Lance will probably have a year to prepare before he starts. Wilson has 46 days and counting before week 1.

That’s because Zach played three full seasons of college ball and Lance played 1 horrible game last year and what 16 total?  And Zachs the better QB

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Oh I don’t know, paying a player who is a failure for the remaining years on his deal even if he’s gone and collecting somewhere else

Look you have your ideas on how to run a business, I have mine.  I could care less about the Johnsons money, combined the two are worth $10B, I’m not crying a river for them.  Just business is business

Why are you worried about the business as a fan? In this case it’s irrelevant to the Jets winning games. 

• WTF? 1

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

People acting like this is their first camp, first time experiencing negotiations.  Looking for someone to blame.  Is it Zach, his agent or the big bad Johnson brothers.  One even suggested that at roughly $5B each and top 3 in ticket sales they don’t have the money to pay bonuses

That's funny man especially coming from the same person who acted and pretended as if it were your "first time experiencing an NFL holdout over a contract while looking to BLAME Revis". 

You forgot you're that same person or something my dude?

You should look in the mirror before trying to laugh @ Jets fans who are just frustrated about Zach Wilson being late to camp man.

We're coming off a 2-14 disaster and just begging for some fun.