Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

That's funny man especially coming from the same person who acted and pretended as if it were your "first time experiencing an NFL holdout over a contract while looking to BLAME Revis". 

You forgot you're that same person or something my dude?

You should look in the mirror before trying to laugh @ Jets fans who are just frustrated about Zach Wilson being late to camp man.

We're coming off a 2-14 disaster and just begging for some fun. 

How do you not understand the difference between a player who is already under contract holding out and a player who is signing his first NFL contract?

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Zach forces his way to Seattle you’ll all be cheering Joe Douglas as a genius for getting draft picks.   SAR I

You’re a master in the art of bad posting, but this might be your opus.      

It's a problem of motivation Bob. I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses ri

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

How do you not understand the difference between a player who is already under contract holding out and a player who is signing his first NFL contract?

He just can’t seem to differentiate the difference.  I’ve only answered him like 10 times, said the same thing

• Upvote 1

JD's job is to win games, not win contracts.

Wilson not being in camp on the first day is not winning games.  Its not that simple.

Particularly when its over points that are really not winnable. 

• Upvote 2
Just now, varjet said:

Wilson not being in camp on the first day is not winning games.  Its that simple.

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

WTF is the matter with you?  You PM me to not quote you and this is like the 20th time you quote me?  You deserve all the abuse you get

I sent you a PM because it's obvious you don't like me and I don't care for you so I sent you a PM literally BEGGING for you to stop quoting me and I'll stop quoting you in order to make JN a better place. Not only have you refused and told me in PM that you'll NEVER stop quoting me (EVER).

look man I just want you to know I don't need Jet Nut to talk about my Knicks and Jets but for some reason you can't talk about your favorite team without quoting me for many of years now. I started asking you days ago to let's just please stop quoting one another and this will be the last time I ever quote you because I don't need you in my life to enjoy training camp or my Jets.

Actually I'm placing you on ignore so enjoy quoting someone everyday who won't be able to defend himself because I won't be there to read what you wrote about me anymore.

Take care man hopefully you can enjoy JN and talk about your favorite Jets without quoting DWC (who's ignoring you).

Stay blessed my Jets brother.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

Fight you?  I did?  When, when you called me a coward hiding behind a computer, called me a sissy and I said come to a game I doubt you’d say those things to my face?  Lol, you’re a piece of work.  

10 minutes ago, varjet said:

Wilson not being in camp on the first day is not winning games.  Its not that simple.

Bingo.

This is so dumb. Get the kid into camp ASAP.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Fight you?  I did?  When, when you called me a coward hiding behind a computer, called me a sissy and I said come to a game I doubt you’d say those things to my face?  Lol, you’re a piece of work.  

Huh? 

To the folks that think JD should be playing hard ball on the offset language. My question is what does it do for the team in the long run?

If the answer is cash (cap space is a non issue as if will be counted) what do you that number will be?

For the offset to kick in it has to be an unmitigated disaster. Zack has to bomb so badly that he is not tradable. (Worse than Sam) Zack gets released in year 3 with his 4th on the books. Say that year counts for $10 million (just for a round number).

If the offset language is in place what do you think Zack will sign for with his next team as a “back up”? Here is a hint he is now capped at that $10 million dollars as he was not tradable. He will sign for league minimum. So for all the banter a few hundred grand is what the Jets stand to gain and that is if all things go wrong.

My guess is the sticking point is over the bonus. ($22 million) he wants that now. Which he should want as the time value of money and playing 1/2 his games in a high tax state carries a heavy cost. I am sure with his connections this is a major point of contention.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That’s because Zach played three full seasons of college ball and Lance played 1 horrible game last year and what 16 total?  And Zachs the better QB

I think that has more to do with the 49ers having Jimmy G and the Jets having James Morgan. 

12 minutes ago, varjet said:

I mean, winning contracts is kinda his job too. Part of being a GM. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

Which is totally irrelevant in this case as the contract is already set in stone. Wilson getting no offsets or his bonus upfront is irrelevant to the cap/roster flexibility.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

I could be 10000% completely wrong but I could have sworn I read somewhere that guaranteed bonus like that go into some kind of escrow account/system. Meaning the owner still essentially "writes the check" for the full bonus immediately, even if it isn't dispersed to the player or apply towards the cap until a later date. 

It's true, that's why the Jets haven't been handing out big Signing bonuses. Look at the Mosley deal. They have him $85 million, only $7.5 million in the Signing bonus. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im going to recommend @The Crusher wears his referee shirt and brings tie wraps  to the JetNation group outing. 

I know you probably meant this as a joke, but this shouldn’t even be a concern.  This is ridiculous.  Obviously I know my father.  He wouldn’t do anything like that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

um i think that is like a pretty big part of his job - dont you think?

I for like it! Just cause we have a shiny new toy doesnt mean we shoudl cave on stupid stuff - its a slippery slope. Look we dont need to be paying him is if he is playing for another team. 

End of story. 

1 hour ago, Bungaman said:

Do you really believe they don't have the cash flow? If the Bengals have the cash flow, you can believe the Johnsons have it. It's a VERY rich man's club.

There's a reason they're squabbling over the Signing bonus pay structure. Lawrence got a check for the full signing bonus amount within 15 days of signing his contract. I don't think the Johnsons can do that especially after losing revenue last year.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes of course a joke. Cant we all get along. We are all NY Jets fans most resilient fans in the NFL. Doesnt our team give us enough aggravation that we need to fight with eachother. C'MON MAN 

Nailed it.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

TL;DR: DWC slewed insults in his PMs and is now claiming that @Jet Nut threatened to fight him when he said don’t say things you would t say to someone’s face because it’s rude and nasty.

Gonna be honest.  Dude is toxic AF to every single board he’s on.  I’ve tried being nice to him, as have many others because he seems like a decent person, but talking football with him turns into a chore and usually leads to a thread getting derailed because he can’t help himself.

just hit ignore @Mogglez..

I have missed most of your comments and back and fourth with - which i'm sure is a great amount. you guys do not mix just ignore each other...I think I have done that to people - and I think some have done to me. I mean i just think back of the covid talks and your differing opinions and comments you made in the past about it, I had the same impression of you that you do of DWC - when people think they are right, they cant see they are wrong or even consider a differing opinions. They fight tooth and nail.

Probably best just to just fallow maxman advise and ignore each other  - it is not some other persons responsibility to censor their opinion because you find it a chore...

Just my unasked for 2 cents that hopefully saves you some stress!! Ignore is your friend

I

• Post of the Week 1
6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

There's a reason they're squabbling over the Signing bonus pay structure. Lawrence got a check for the full signing bonus amount within 15 days of signing his contract. I don't think the Johnsons can do that especially after losing revenue last year.

The Johnsons each are worth $5B.  That $10B in ownership of a team that at the top of the tickets sold list every year.  I’d be hard pressed to find a ownership group with more money than this two.  
And they paid Darnold all his money within 15 days of his signing. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Huh? 

I was asking him with respect and kindness in PM on why he can't agree to place me on ignore? And immediately after he called me a bitch a dickhead a pussy told me to STFU and from there? I cursed back but no Crusher I never attacked him first and then he wanted to meet me @ a game to fight me lol I told him I have a wife to love a daughter to raise and a son on the way and a good job and I'd NEVER throw that away to "fight a stranger". 

he also said in PM how he wants to get me Perma banned and now he's making this stuff up acting like I'm the one who started name calling? 

I'm done with him Crusher I'll never respond to him again or ask him in PM to let's ignore each other I'll just be a man and walk away from his fight I just wanna enjoy training camp because asking him to ignore one another didn't work for me 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, choon328 said:

So the Jets have a cash flow problem? Would be an interesting development.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes of course a joke. Cant we all get along. We are all NY Jets fans most resilient fans in the NFL. Doesnt our team give us enough aggravation that we need to fight with eachother. C'MON MAN 

it def did!!! gase is gone, didn you hear - its all sunshine and rainbows now

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The Johnsons each are worth $5B.  That $10B in ownership of a team that at the top of the tickets sold list every year.  I’d be hard pressed to find a ownership group with more money than this two.  
And they paid Darnold all his money within 15 days of his signing. 

or better yet I dont think they show give him all that money right upfront - dude has not even played a damn snap!!!

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Dude, why are you bringing up sh*t that happen years ago like this is some sort of family therapy session that went terribly wrong? Stay in the now and stop making things so personal. Please don’t pm me again either, just stop and relax. 

Why? Because he jumped down my throat for being frustrated over Zach's holdout but no worries man I'm done with him he'll never get another reaction out of me again he's antagonized me for years has tried to get me banned for years and I finally realized it's my fault for letting people get under my thin skin and don't worry big fella I won't PM you anymore just going to try my best to enjoy our season and you're right I should just let things go. 

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

just hit ignore @Mogglez..

I have missed most of your comments and back and fourth with - which i'm sure is a great amount. you guys do not mix just ignore each other...I think I have done that to people - and I think some have done to me. I mean i just think back of the covid talks and your differing opinions and comments you made in the past about it, I had the same impression of you that you do of DWC - when people think they are right, they cant see they are wrong or even consider a differing opinions. They fight tooth and nail.

Probably best just to just fallow maxman advise and ignore each other  - it is not some other persons responsibility to censor their opinion because you find it a chore...

Just my unasked for 2 cents that hopefully saves you some stress!! Ignore is your friend

I

I’m good lol.  However, for those unaware, Jet Nut is my father.  I wouldn’t have jumped in if not for the fact that DWC is claiming that my dad threatened to fight him, which is not the case.  We’re attending the JN get together game with one another, and I’ll be damned if DWC’s bullsh*t puts that in jeopardy.  We’ve gone to games together for over 20 years and have NEVER had a confrontation with a fly, let alone another person at games.

• Post of the Week 2
3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I was asking him with respect and kindness in PM on why he can't agree to place me on ignore? And immediately after he called me a bitch a dickhead a pussy told me to STFU and from there? I cursed back but no Crusher I never attacked him first and then he wanted to meet me @ a game to fight me lol I told him I have a wife to love a daughter to raise and a son on the way and a good job and I'd NEVER throw that away to "fight a stranger". 

he also said in PM how he wants to get me Perma banned and now he's making this stuff up acting like I'm the one who started name calling? 

I'm done with him Crusher I'll never respond to him again or ask him in PM to let's ignore each other I'll just be a man and walk away from his fight I just wanna enjoy training camp because asking him to ignore one another didn't work for me 

dude why dont you just put them on igore ? this whole thing is facisnating to me, all of you guys have qualuity post i enjoy reading but mix you guys up and your like little kids fighting...

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1