Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

TL;DR: DWC slewed insults in his PMs and is now claiming that @Jet Nut threatened to fight him when he, essentially, said: “don’t say things you wouldn’t say to someone’s face because it’s rude and nasty and I bet you wouldn’t do that if you were in front of me.”

Gonna be honest.  Dude is toxic AF to every single board he’s on.  I’ve tried being nice to him, as have many others because he seems like a decent person, but talking football with him turns into a chore and usually leads to a thread getting derailed because he can’t help himself.  I don’t understand how you can tell someone to stop quoting you and you’ll stop quoting them a few pages back, and then PM them starting a fight while simultaneously still quoting them on the main board.

Yeah, I figured as much. Thanks for explaining. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Huh? 

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Fight you?  I did?  When, when you called me a coward hiding behind a computer, called me a sissy and I said come to a game I doubt you’d say those things to my face?  Lol, you’re a piece of work.  

He PMd me to called me a sissy, a coward who hides behind a computer.  I had enough and responded with this.  I’m done with him, he doesn’t like a simple disagreement and took it way too far

I told him I’m no coward or a sissy and he would never call me a coward and a sissy to my face.  
That’s not a threat

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

TL;DR: DWC slewed insults in his PMs and is now claiming that @Jet Nut threatened to fight him (which never happened, I’ve seen them) when he said don’t say things you would t say to someone’s face because it’s rude and nasty.

Gonna be honest.  Dude is toxic AF to every single board he’s on.  I’ve tried being nice to him, as have many others because he seems like a decent person, but talking football with him turns into a chore and usually leads to a thread getting derailed because he can’t help himself.

I went out of my way to PM asking to ignore one another in order to make JN a better community and in response he started to call me every name in the book so please lets not lie on me and tell JN how I started to attack him first because it was the other way around I've placed him on ignore after realizing he wouldn't agree to just stop but now I'm the bad guy? Have a good day man thnx for throwing me under the bus like that.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m good lol.  However, for those unaware, Jet Nut is my father.  I wouldn’t have jumped in if not for the fact that DWC is claiming that my dad threatened to fight him, which is not the case.  We’re attending the JN get together game with one another, and I’ll be damned if DWC’s bullsh*t puts that in jeopardy.  We’ve gone to games together for over 20 years and have NEVER had a confrontation with a fly, let alone another person at games.

yeah I think I knew that at one point and I think you are probably right to jump in I would definitely not done that as articulately as you, i know that. 

Dont let him bring you down bud! I like reading your posts

• Sympathy 2

I am not a Twitter person but the fact that Woody’s intern is posting ready for camp clips and all this other BS just pisses me off even more. @Defense Wins Championships please control yourself it’s a real pain in the ass having to scroll through psycho babble about some BS, nonsense, bickering just to try to read a ******* thread. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I was asking him with respect and kindness in PM on why he can't agree to place me on ignore? And immediately after he called me a bitch a dickhead a pussy told me to STFU and from there? I cursed back but no Crusher I never attacked him first and then he wanted to meet me @ a game to fight me lol I told him I have a wife to love a daughter to raise and a son on the way and a good job and I'd NEVER throw that away to "fight a stranger". 

he also said in PM how he wants to get me Perma banned and now he's making this stuff up acting like I'm the one who started name calling? 

I'm done with him Crusher I'll never respond to him again or ask him in PM to let's ignore each other I'll just be a man and walk away from his fight I just wanna enjoy training camp because asking him to ignore one another didn't work for me 

You do realize the number of posters you’re having issues with is getting bigger right? I’ve spoke to you about your aggressiveness numerous times and you’ve promise to stop numerous times. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, freestater said:

Sucks, but it’s 6:15 on the east coast right now.  Unless Zach is here, not actually on the West Coast like his social media suggests, and can sign right away sometime tonight, I don’t think he’s taking a cross country flight, signing late tonight, to step on a practice field tomorrow morning/afternoon while exhausted and jet lagged.

At best, you’d probably see him watch from the sideline tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why? Because he jumped down my throat for being frustrated over Zach's holdout but no worries man I'm done with him he'll never get another reaction out of me again he's antagonized me for years has tried to get me banned for years and I finally realized it's my fault for letting people get under my thin skin and don't worry big fella I won't PM you anymore just going to try my best to enjoy our season and you're right I should just let things go. 

Deep down I think you want to but I’m starting to doubt if your actually capable of doing that. We’ve have this conversation quite a bit. Might be time for a break. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

Deep down I think you want to but I’m starting to doubt if your actually capable of doing that. We’ve have this conversation quite a bit. Might be time for a break. 

Nah I don't need a break I'm just going to ignore everyone who I don't agree with. 

Give me one more chance and if you ever see me disagreeing or just not talking football? Permanent ban me.

You've got my word 100% I don't want to enjoy a 2021 season without my JN and from this day forward you'll never get another complaint from me again and that's my word Crusher.

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nah I don't need a break I'm just going to ignore everyone who I don't agree with. 

Give me one more chance and if you ever see me disagreeing or just not talking football? Permanent ban me.

You've got my word 100% I don't want to enjoy a 2021 season without my JN and from this day forward you'll never get another complaint from me again and that's my word Crusher.

Then you might not want to suggest a perma -ban for not listening, because in case you didn’t notice you honestly really don’t listen, 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Sucks, but it’s 6 and change on the east coast.  Unless Zach is here right now, not actually on the West Coast like his social media suggests, and can sign right away sometime tonight, I don’t think he’s taking a cross country flight, signing late tonight, to step on a practice field tomorrow morning/afternoon while exhausted and jet lagged.

At best you’d probably see him watch from the sideline tomorrow.

Namath would have taken the red eye, drank 5 or 6 Johny Walkers, had his way with two flight attendants (No Mono) and be ready to go.  It's practice.  He can do this in his sleep.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Namath would have taken the red eye, drank 5 or 6 Johny Walkers, had his way with two flight attendants (No Mono) and be ready to go.  It's practice.  He can do this in his sleep.  

Lol I wish that was still the case, but I just don’t see it happening unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Sucks, but it’s 6:15 on the east coast right now.  Unless Zach is here, not actually on the West Coast like his social media suggests, and can sign right away sometime tonight, I don’t think he’s taking a cross country flight, signing late tonight, to step on a practice field tomorrow morning/afternoon while exhausted and jet lagged.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

Then you might not want to suggest a perma -ban for not listening, because in case you didn’t notice you honestly really don’t listen, 

No man I'm serious this thread was a wakeup call for me.July 27 6:22 PM if you ever feel I've crossed the line moving forward please Perma ban me man I love JN too much to make myself take it away from me. And I apologize to all who I've offended but I'm more mentally strong than some realize and I'm willing to Perma ban bet that you'll never see me become distracted again because I come here to escape reality and talk Jets and Knicks not to bother people. If I could eliminate my favorite sugars in life since 2017 I know I can eliminate disagreeing with Jets fans and ignore any posts I shouldn't be responding to. Sorry Crusher but you've got my word as a man on this one.

19 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Personally, I think him getting here this week is optimistic. 

• Upvote 2

This from NBC/Pro football talk has leaks and it sounds like the start of a holdout, not the end.  

Jets, Zach Wilson issues include cash flow, offsets
Mike Florio
3 hours ago

For rookie contracts, the dollars and cents are tied to draft position. From that perspective, there’s nothing to negotiate. The higher the player selected, however, the more issues to discuss.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Jets and quarterback Zach Wilson have struck multiple roadblocks on the path to a contract for the second overall pick in the draft. Issues include (but aren’t limited to) cash flow and offset language.

As to cash flow, the Jets want to defer millions in signing bonus money earned by Wilson when he executes the contract to 2022. The recent precedent for players taken in the top two include all signing bonus money paid promptly. (Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow and Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence, the last two No. 1 overall picks, got theirs within 15 days of signing. The last two second overall picks, 49ers defensive end Nick Bosa and Washington defensive end Chase Young, received their signing bonus within 30 days of signing.)

The Jets paid out the full signing bonus received by quarterback Sam Darnold, the third overall pick in the draft, in 2018, the year he was drafted. The Jets hope to break from precedent and push money into 2022 based on the “new boss” argument, pointing to the change in G.M. from Mike Maccagnan to Joe Douglas. That hasn’t gotten Wilson to blink, and there’s no reason to think it will.

As to offset, it’s always a simple matter of whether a guarantee is a true guarantee. If the Jets can protect themselves by forcing someone else to pay the balance of the four-year contract if Wilson busts, it’s not a true and full guarantee. Players want the offset language removed (few actually get that term) in order to receive a true and full guarantee.

Meanwhile, the Jets will move forward with training camp without Wilson — and with James Morgan and Mike White as the only two quarterbacks in camp.

Let’s mention that again. Without Wilson, the only options at quarterback are James Morgan and Mike White.

In other words, Wilson has a bit of leverage here.

41 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why? Because he jumped down my throat for being frustrated over Zach's holdout but no worries man I'm done with him he'll never get another reaction out of me again he's antagonized me for years has tried to get me banned for years and I finally realized it's my fault for letting people get under my thin skin and don't worry big fella I won't PM you anymore just going to try my best to enjoy our season and you're right I should just let things go. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

Personally, I think him getting here this week is optimistic. 

Agreed.  If the kid or his agent felt that this was getting done soon, he wouldn’t have flown to California to work out.

Reading the tea leaves, his agent probably said “go work with Beck, I’ll take care of this, but I don’t think it’s happening immediately”.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

What is this obsession with you and banning?

Why don’t you tell everyone about the threatening pm’s you sent me last night saying you know who I am (you’re wrong) and that you were contacting the mods to make sure you got me banned?

Personally, I’d never put you on ignore, because reading your posts is like watching a car going the wrong way on the other side of a highway. You want to look away, because you know it’s going to end badly, but you can’t.

5a835808263ef_sFcQrkZ(1).gif.304696063ac67db4a5a5dbe069429ac3.gif

lol, gotta love it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:
39 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Expand  

I deleted my reply. It’s just not worth getting involved.

Agreed.  If the kid or his agent felt that this was getting done soon, he wouldn’t have flown to California to work out.

Reading the tea leaves, his agent probably said “go work with Beck, I’ll take care of this, but I don’t think it’s happening immediately”.

So this has Woody Johnson all over it. 

Yeah I think the source in the article above is probably his agent.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is the part of it that bothers me.

Look, ZW will eventually be in camp, even if it's a few days late.  He's not a bad guy, JD isn't a bad guy...

But yes, all of this drama doesn't seem necessary - just give the kid the deal Lawrence got - no precedent is set in such a unique situation.

But it just seems they've done everything so well this off-season - yet still seems to be lacking an overall awareness of how dumb this is....Just figure it out and get this kid in here before all this non-sense.  

It was entirely 100% avoidable.

I mean this should have been ironed out months ago and if the Jets had any foresight that this could be a sticking point they needed to bring in an NFL QB to be on the roster. If White and Morgan are the only two QBs at camp tomorrow then it’s a total disaster already. If Wilson doesn’t sign tonight then Bortles has to be QB 1 tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So this has Woody Johnson all over it. 

Whether it’s ownership or JD remains to be seen.  At the end of the day, it’s more on the Jets than Zach and his agent.  They are trying to give Zach a contract that would be less fair than the one given to a guy they drafted in 2018, who was selected below his slot, even if it was only the difference of one pick, while holding zero leverage.

• Upvote 1