Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..

3 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

Yeah I think the source in the article above is probably his agent.  

Just read it.  Absolutely Zach’s camp.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Zach forces his way to Seattle you’ll all be cheering Joe Douglas as a genius for getting draft picks.   SAR I

You’re a master in the art of bad posting, but this might be your opus.      

It's a problem of motivation Bob. I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses ri

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

Probably.  This is what they did with Sam.  They hold the payment if the bonus as a negotiable to keep the offset.  

This has only affected one player EVER - Fornett.

Who played running back lol. Little different 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Action Zachtion said:

Probably.  This is what they did with Sam.  They hold the payment if the bonus as a negotiable to keep the offset.  

This has only affected one player EVER - Fornett.

Not familiar with it but seems really short sighted by the owners. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Whether it’s ownership or JD remains to be seen.  At the end of the day, it’s more on the Jets than Zach and his agent.  They are trying to give Zach a contract that would be less fair than the one given to a guy they drafted in 2018, who was selected below his slot, even if it was only the difference of one pick.

I think JD wants the kid in camp and happy considering his job literally depends on the kids success. Woody on the other hand still figuring out, “ what  all those damn zeros mean on his bank statement!” 

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Agreed.  If the kid or his agent felt that this was getting done soon, he wouldn’t have flown to California to work out.

Reading the tea leaves, his agent probably said “go work with Beck, I’ll take care of this, but I don’t think it’s happening immediately”.

JD is putting Saleh in a bad spot. First, he's contradicting the coach who said all these reps are valuable and didn't want Zach to lose them to a vet QB. Now, with Saleh saying he thinks something will get done in a few hours, he looks like he's out of the loop or flat out lying. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Whether it’s ownership or JD remains to be seen.  At the end of the day, it’s more on the Jets than Zach and his agent.  They are trying to give Zach a contract that would be less fair than the one given to a guy they drafted in 2018, who was selected below his slot, even if it was only the difference of one pick.

The way I look at it is we drafted Zach because we( the Jets) decided we want to employ him.

He had no say in that part of the process, however he doesn’t have to sign on with “us” as an employee until he’s happy with the terms of said employment.

That’s why I hold him blameless in this. He has every right not to sign until he’s happy with the offer.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, freestater said:

JD is putting Saleh in a bad spot. First, he's contradicting the coach who said all these reps are valuable and didn't want Zach to lose them to a vet QB. Now, with Saleh saying he thinks something will get done in a few hours, he looks like he's out of the loop or flat out lying. 

What is he supposed to say? 

I will say if Wilson is not in camp tomorrow Douglas (who is now in total command of the football operation) will need to hold a press conference to address everything. There’s still time but this is setting up to be a total disaster.

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What is he supposed to say? 

I will say if Wilson is not in camp tomorrow Douglas (who is now in total command of the football operation) will need to hold a press conference to address everything. There’s still time but this is setting up to be a total disaster.

Great point.

The part about Douglas being in charge of the football operations is really being overlooked in this thread.

How many times has it been said “JD made sure he had control before he signed on as GM”, yet every time there’s an issue with a player’s contract, people blame the Johnsons.

I get it, our owners are easy targets, but JD can’t have it both ways. He either has control, or he doesn’t. Which is it?

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Maybe Woody can borrow some cash from @SAR I

Woody better call Joe in his office, slap him in his chubby face, and tell him to get Zach on a plane by 10 PM West Coast time.

This fanbase has been through a lot of torture in the past 10 years, topped off with last year which has been as challenging socially and economically as we have seen in a century.  We deserve a happy summer. And Joe Douglas is ruining it.

Let me know if you want my 4 tickets for training camp on Saturday.   If Zach Wilson isn’t there neither am I. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Great point.

The part about Douglas being in charge of the football operations is really being overlooked in this thread.

How many times has it been said “JD made sure he had control before he signed on as GM”, yet every time there’s an issue with a player’s contract, people blame the Johnsons.

I get it, our owners are easy targets, but JD and his fans can’t have it both ways. He either has control, or he doesn’t. Which is it?

He doesn’t have total control in reality. Elhai and the business operation are always going to win out when it comes to upfront money. Saving the Johnsons money > winning. In Wilson’s case he already has plenty of money so he can tell the Jets and the Johnsons to take a hike. 

LMAO!!! This is all to save the Jets less than 20K in risk.  

In the history of this CBA rookie deals one team saved less than 4.2 million by having the negotiated terms still in place (Jags cut Leonard Fornette) There have been well over 200 players.   That's less than 20K worth of risk for the Jets. 

If that's going to break Woody, get an insurance company and get Wilson into practice.  

7 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

LMAO!!! This is all to save the Jets less than 20K in risk.  

In the history of this CBA rookie deals one team saved less than 4.2 million by having the negotiated terms still in place (Jags cut Leonard Fornette) There have been well over 200 players.   That's less than 20K worth of risk for the Jets. 

If that's going to break Woody, get an insurance company and get Wilson into practice.  

Or you can say it's less than 1/2 of 1% of a chance.

3 hours ago, PS17 said:

Your shtick is tired as ****. 

I have like 3 posts in 3 months.  Sorry if thats enough to live rent free in your dome, son. 

Now go away.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, sspac93 said:

But in the same breath, Wilson’s Agent (most likely) needs to realize that every owner isn’t Khan and every GM isn’t on their hands and knees begging to keep their job because if they get canned the career is kaput (Pace); so you have to approach the other side like they actually have a dog in the fight and are, you know, competent. 

If Wilson plays to a level where the offsets are necessary, that means that Douglas and Saleh will be gone anyway, so they may as well give Zach what he wants and get him into camp.

It's as simple as that.  Trying to get bust insurance means nothing to Douglas and Saleh because if he busts they are gone.  If another 3-4 years go by and we haven't made the playoffs and Wilson looks like Darnold, the Johnsons will clean house again, it's common sense.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

This is the part of it that bothers me.

Look, ZW will eventually be in camp, even if it's a few days late.  He's not a bad guy, JD isn't a bad guy...

But yes, all of this drama doesn't seem necessary - just give the kid the deal Lawrence got - no precedent is set in such a unique situation.

But it just seems they've done everything so well this off-season - yet still seems to be lacking an overall awareness of how dumb this is....Just figure it out and get this kid in here before all this non-sense.  

It was entirely 100% avoidable.

Caving in is not the same as figured out. Just giving in is not acceptable

This is a guy who brought in a washed up center, paid him close to what he offered Maye to play here. And apparently he doesn't want to change any of the offset language in order to possibly save the franchise money, when in the big picture that money is pocket change. The way i look at it, it's very hard to defend.

• Upvote 3
7 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Caving in is not the same as figured out. Just giving in is not acceptable

It should have never gotten this far.  JD needed to sit across the table from ZW's agent, get in a room and get it done. 

This should have been his single most important priority. JD has done a good job, but this is a poor showing right now.

• Upvote 3
10 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

This situation certainly doesn’t scream “all gas, no brakes” 

Ownership, the GM, and the coach are never on the same page...so these catchphrases dont work unless all 3 parties are communicating and in unison. 

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If Wilson plays to a level where the offsets are necessary, that means that Douglas and Saleh will be gone anyway, so they may as well give Zach what he wants and get him into camp.

It's as simple as that.  Trying to get bust insurance means nothing to Douglas and Saleh because if he busts they are gone.  If another 3-4 years go by and we haven't made the playoffs and Wilson looks like Darnold, the Johnsons will clean house again, it's common sense.

SAR I

I feel this narrative is both overthinking and over simplifying the scenario. Thinking the offset language is in place because they KNOW Wilson is going to be a bust is both putting a lot of words into the FO’s mouth about Wilson’s potential and believing the offset language is solely there because of the purpose of said language. 

For all intents and purposes the Johnsons are sticklers. Whenever they buy a car, they want all the warrantees; when they ship a package they want it certified and tracking no matter how far or to whom the package is being shipped. So, the Johnsons could be sticking on this language not because they think Wilson’s a bust but more to just have that language there. Even if the toy is shiny and as advertised, they “want their investment covered.” It’s less of a statement on Wilson, and more of a statement on the collective Johnson neurosis. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, sspac93 said:

For all intents and purposes the Johnsons are sticklers. Whenever they buy a car, they want all the warrantees; when they ship a package they want it certified and tracking no matter how far or to whom the package is being shipped. So, the Johnsons could be sticking on this language not because they think Wilson’s a bust but more to just have that language there. Even if the toy is shiny and as advertised, they “want their investment covered.” It’s less of a statement on Wilson, and more of a statement on the collective Johnson neurosis. 

These dont sound like people that should be owning a pro football team.

• Upvote 4
59 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Woody better call Joe in his office, slap him in his chubby face, and tell him to get Zach on a plane by 10 PM West Coast time.

This fanbase has been through a lot of torture in the past 10 years, topped off with last year which has been as challenging socially and economically as we have seen in a century.  We deserve a happy summer. And Joe Douglas is ruining it.

Let me know if you want my 4 tickets for training camp on Saturday.   If Zach Wilson isn’t there neither am I. 

SAR I

I have 3, too. I’m cutting my trip from Clearwater and coming back on the 7th just to attend the scrimmage. 

I might have to extend my trip. 

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

All true, but Woody  just watch that exact thing they fear happen with their last top 3 pick potential FQB. It’s probably far more real to him happening again than it should be. I mean teams paying north of 25 million in dead money this season. Billionaire problems brother. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

These dont sound like people that should be owning a pro football team.

That is an unfortunate reality we’ve had to live with for a while friend

I'm sure this was asked and answered at some point, but what exactly is the standard for contracts of first round picks?

Do contracts contain offset language by default and Wilson wants it removed?

OR

Do contracts not contain offset language by default and Douglas wants to add it?

What percentage of signed contracts for first rounders contain offset language?

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

All true, but Woody  just watch that exact thing they fear happen with their last top 3 pick potential FQB. It’s probably far more real to him happening again than it should be. I mean teams paying north of 25 million in dead money this season. Billionaire problems brother. 

Now that is an excellent point. They’ve gone the blow the bank route and at every turn they’ve gotten burned. Especially with Woody back it might be the movement back to “old school.”

Just now, DoubleDown said:

I'm sure this was asked and answered at some point, but what exactly is the standard for first round picks?

Do contracts contain offset language by default and Wilson wants it removed?

OR

Do contracts not contain offset language by default and Douglas wants to add it?

What percentage of signed contracts for first rounders contain offset language?

Offset language is employed by 30/32 teams only the Jags and the Rams don’t use it naturally but exceptions can be made (ala Fields’ contract with the Bears) 

1 minute ago, sspac93 said:

Offset language is employed by 30/32 teams only the Jags and the Rams don’t use it naturally but exceptions can be made (ala Fields’ contract with the Bears) 

So Wilson is the one trying to break from the overwhelming standard. Thanks.

Just silly at this point.  Seriously.  Get it done.  WTF is wrong at this point.  You traded Sam and took this kid 2nd overall.  So bizarre.  They're not hedging their bets with a veteran back up but they want to contractually? 

• Upvote 2