Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..

Yea JD show em whose BOSS!

First, you showed that PUNK Adams. & Robbie the door!

Recently, you let know ----Maye no the deal.

Now its time to put our rookie QB on notice that we anit playing which ya, we will trade you for tuna fish sandwich if we have to!!

Go get em JD!!!!

God help us is all I can really say!!!!!

Just kidding......

Let's go Jets!:) 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

So rookies are supposed to report today.  I'm guessing Zach, AVT and Moore won't be there.

I don't think the first practice is until next week....but still missing valuable classroom time.

Someone DM Zach's mom and see if they can get some info.

I thought camp starts on the 28th?

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Maybe Wilson should STFU and show that HE has confidence in HIMSELF, and stop demanding "what if I bust" contract terms.  He's going to get many many millions regardless.

Ugh, where did Wilson make demands?  In fact so far no one has said anything other than on some half assed website pointing out that Wilson is represented by the same people who represented Bosa

You seem to be completely overreacting to a situation that no one knows even exists.  

Camps over a week away 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

When Zach forces his way to Seattle you’ll all be cheering Joe Douglas as a genius for getting draft picks.  

SAR I

for the 99 posts of yours that has me rolling my eyes you deliver that one that has me spitting out my drink

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

This is what Cimini tweeted yesterday:

I know, read it too but since camp doesnt actually begin on the 28th, which will be timed runs, checkups, weigh ins etc, theres still time to get it done before theyre missing any valuable time.

Lets hope they get it done.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Offset language only comes into play if he doesn’t play out his rookie contract. Show some confidence in your decision on the number 2 pick. This is not the time to play hardball.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This is my feeling. Most teams don't cave but basically it only matters if you cut them before four years... What is the likelihood that happens?

• Upvote 1

I may be the minority but I love what JD has done and dont want him just going full mac mode and giving in to players just cause we want him to play. WIlson camp should go after whatever they want and the team should have standard rookie contracts - I imagine they do. 

Jets should stick to their gun and offer him a fair contacts. But these hold out on rookie deals are ridiculous. We need the particulars but Joe shoudl not just give in cause Wilson thinks he is special. Sing the contract kid.

What a load of crap. Endless doom and gloom on what may or may not happen.

Its a business for all sake and its not about the short term. 

Oh yeah, Sam's delay getting his contract signed had anything to do with his poor development,

Unlike times in the past I have every confidence in JD and the new team.

With Fields signing his contract on Friday I fully expect Wilson to be signing soon.

Oh, and as a business owner, I do take into consideration what my customers think.  However, I have a fiduciary responsibility to do what is right for the Company and my partners first. 

I doubt very much JD is reading opinions about what we, as fans, think about anything.

• WTF? 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I may be the minority but I love what JD has done and dont want him just going full mac mode and giving in to players just cause we want him to play. WIlson camp should go after whatever they want and the team should have standard rookie contracts - I imagine they do. 

Jets should stick to their gun and offer him a fair contacts. But these hold out on rookie deals are ridiculous. We need the particulars but Joe shoudl not just give in cause Wilson thinks he is special. Sing the contract kid.

The offset language hold up predates Douglas. Seems like an ownership thing.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Ugh, where did Wilson make demands?  In fact so far no one has said anything other than on some half assed website pointing out that Wilson is represented by the same people who represented Bosa

You seem to be completely overreacting to a situation that no one knows even exists.  

Camps over a week away 

I think perhaps that you are right in suggesting we don't know what the situation is. I'd guess the previous posters is right about the off set language BUT who knows that is just a guess. The agents he has fight for their guy but Joe Douglass should not cave to sh*t. We need the spine at 1 jets drive and Joe is the guy for that. 

I think Joe D is treating this just like every situation - he knows what is expected and what the team and player should get from his experience, we dont need to bend to players wills - give him the standard contract. Play well and then we can talk at extension time. 

On the opposite side I could understand a agent trying to get better deal for their qb client considering recent history with the Jets and Qbs, doenst mean Jets should care tho.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Just give him the same language as Lawrence and call it a day. 

If they remove the offsetting language, then it will set a precedence for all other draftees going forward. It’s not even about the cap anymore. JD has a boatload of cap. It’s about following your own principles. I don’t defend JD when he tries to save a dollar or two by playing hardball, but I’m with him this time. 

I hated when sh*ts like Revis held out after signing big deals. I also hated when JD forced Crowder to take a pay cut. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Its a football thing.

Every team fight this same fight.

Maybe they have already come to terms behind the scenes but it's starting to look bad  Only 2 teams have 1st round picks unsigned. 

If this does turn ugly, I'd like to pitch a concept for next seasons off-season documentary. 

Pennywise Pound Foolish : (Voiceover) Watch the Jets front office step over dollars to pickup dimes on the quest to becoming the most profitable franchise in the NFL.  

Cut to JD in the war room : "Which proven players can we trade for cheap draft picks? Do I need to promise I'm doing everything I can to sign anyone productive?  (The room laughs) No really. It's really easy to say that and it makes people feel good when I do." 

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Wilson is the only first round QB unsigned. Tucker is also unsigned. So this seems like a Jets issue.

So if they all cave in we should?

And if its done by the start of camp, then what, we're complaining about nothing?

No ones a hold out as of now.  We havent had more holdouts over the years than other teams.  By that in itself I'm not seeing the Jet issue

6 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

Maybe they have already come to terms behind the scenes but it's starting to look bad  Only 2 teams have 1st round picks unsigned. 

If this does turn ugly, I'd like to pitch a concept for next seasons off-season documentary. 

Pennywise Pound Foolish : (Voiceover) Watch the Jets front office step over dollars to pickup dimes on the quest to becoming the most profitable franchise in the NFL.  

Cut to JD in the war room : "Which proven players can we trade for cheap draft picks? Do I need to promise I'm doing everything I can to sign anyone productive?  (The room laughs) No really. It's really easy to say that and it makes people feel good when I do." 

Jeez, really?  

Maybe theres a deal already in place but maybe there isnt and maybe its pennywise pound foolish?

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So if they all cave in we should?

And if its done by the start of camp, then what, we're complaining about nothing?

No ones a hold out as of now.  We havent had more holdouts over the years than other teams.  By that in itself I'm not seeing the Jet issue

Cave in on what? You took Wilson second overall and you’re going to haggle over money in the unlikely chance he’s cut? What a show of confidence.

This is typical amateur hour BS by the Johnsons.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Action Zachtion said:

Yeah.  If it's not worked out I see JDs past moves in a new light. 

If it is worked out, then no big deal.  

I dont see the correlation to trading a SS who thinks hes reinvented the position and wants top D money or trading one of the worst starting QBs in the league 3 years running to this.  Not even close

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Cave in on what? You took Wilson second overall and you’re going to haggle over money in the unlikely chance he’s cut? What a show of confidence.

This is typical amateur hour BS by the Johnsons.

Yeah, both Johnsons are to blame.

You dont even know what the hangup is or even if there is one and your blaming people.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

I dont see the correlation to trading a SS who thinks hes reinvented the position and wants top D money or trading one of the worst starting QBs in the league 3 years running to this.  Not even close

I'm trying to see if this is a savy guy finding value, or a pinch penny organization trying "win" every deal.  I also agree with the point earlier, it may be the organization making the call.  

There is limited data available at this point, but if the second rookie QB in a row misses time it says a lot to me.  There is nothing crazy in the Lawrence deal.

6 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

I'm trying to see if this is a savy guy finding value, or a pinch penny organization trying "win" every deal.  I also agree with the point earlier, it may be the organization making the call.  

There is limited data available at this point, but if the second rookie QB in a row misses time it says a lot to me.  There is nothing crazy in the Lawrence deal.

I  think that we all have our answer here!!

The Wall Street Journal's Indefensible Defense of Scrooge - Left Voice

BIG SMILES ....... JD will getter Done!!

Let's go Jets! :) 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, both Johnsons are to blame.

You dont even know what the hangup is or even if there is one and your blaming people.

It’s not exactly difficult to decipher what the issue is with contracts being set in stone by draft position. 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s not exactly difficult to decipher what the issue is with contracts being set in stone by draft position. 

Really?

Bosa was a hold out for different reasons than Darnold 3 years ago.