Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..

4 minutes ago, sspac93 said:

Now that is an excellent point. They’ve gone the blow the bank route and at every turn they’ve gotten burned. Especially with Woody back it might be the movement back to “old school.”

At least tip toe on sharp rocks until things turn around route. 

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

It's true, that's why the Jets haven't been handing out big Signing bonuses. Look at the Mosley deal. They have him $85 million, only $7.5 million in the Signing bonus. 

Okay, so that would likely mean that this narrative that Woody is causing this hold out over delaying the payment of his bonus is nonsense, right? Because that money is out of Woodys pocket as soon as the contract is signed regardless of when its paid out to the kid. 

Personally, with a 21-22 year old kid about to become a millionaire, you'd think someone would he advising him to take the money incrementally. Sh*t, I remember being in college and the first time I started making like 5 bucks over minimum wage lol I thought I was rich lmao Come on ladies I'm taking the whole soccer team shopping we Ballin tonight! ? I'm not sure I would have survived being handed millions at 21. Tbh It's kind of amazing more young athletes don't turn out like Manziel 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

or better yet I dont think they show give him all that money right upfront - dude has not even played a damn snap!!!

You dry understand that these Rookie contracts are set before a player is picked right?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

Okay, so that would likely mean that this narrative that Woody is causing this hold out over delaying the payment of his bonus is nonsense, right? Because that money is out of Woodys pocket as soon as the contract is signed regardless of when its paid out to the kid. 

Personally, with a 21-22 year old kid about to become a millionaire, you'd think someone would he advising him to take the money incrementally. Sh*t, I remember being in college and the first time I started making like 5 bucks over minimum wage lol I thought I was rich lmao Come on ladies I'm taking the whole soccer team shopping we Ballin tonight! ? I'm not sure I would have survived being handed millions at 21. Tbh It's kind of amazing more young athletes don't turn out like Manziel 

You have a good point.  Kudos.

I'll disagree with getting the money incrementally.  Wilson could make about $400,000-$500,000 in interest on that $22 million over a 6 month period. I'd want my money up front. Who turns down free money?

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, JazzyJet said:

Don't worry guys, missing the start of training camp isn't an indicator of future success. I mean it's not like he's going to be unprepared for the start of the season and throw a pick 6 on his first career pass utterly ruining is future confidence permanently or anything...I mean that would be ridiculous and not like anything a Jet would ever do.

Super Bowl Smile GIF by NFLPA

If one pick 6 was all it took to ruin Sam Darnold’s career, then he’s even weaker mentally than even I thought. 

6 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I blame JD I blame JD I blame JD 

There, I did it again. And will most likely do it a bunch more.

I'm sorry but you don't get to tell everyone here what they can and can't  "dare" to think or say. You do it in every fu*king thread. It's beyond disrespectful and you need to stop with it. 

He’s not going to stop, unfortunately, until the inevitable lifetime ban.  But of course even that might not do it.  He’ll rise from the ashes via some other username or perhaps will beg Max to let him back in. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He’s not going to stop, unfortunately, until the inevitable lifetime ban.  But of course even that might not do it.  He’ll rise from the ashes via some other username or perhaps will beg Max to let him back in. 

SpecialTeamsWinsChampionships

Its inevitable, we may as well accept it now. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

And of course I just heard that my fav show on NFL radio is starting their camp tour tomorrow with, of course!, The God damn Jets!  

I've been counting the days till camp since night 1 of the draft. The radio show I listen to everyday is gonna be at the first practice. This should be perfect,  Tomorrow should be an awesome day. But nooooope. Instead of being the exciting day I've waited months for, the only thing you'll hear about, on and off the radio show that'll be there is how Zach Wilson isn't signed yet and how they have NO ONE behind him. 

Won't be about Saleh or Becton showing up healthy or how AVT and Moore look. Won't be able the excited atmosphere and how this is a new team from last year. Won't be about an up and coming team on the rise. It'll be able the team that, again, couldn't sign their savior rookie QB in order to get him to camp.

It'll be SOJ again

They rip on the Jets when there is no reason to. I have no doubt they will absolutely destroy the Jets for this.

Any other team, it's just a part of the process. The Jets? SOJ! LOLJets.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

And of course I just heard that my fav show on NFL radio is starting their camp tour tomorrow with, of course!, The God damn Jets!  

I've been counting the days till camp since night 1 of the draft. The radio show I listen to everyday is gonna be at the first practice. This should be perfect,  Tomorrow should be an awesome day. But nooooope. Instead of being the exciting day I've waited months for, the only thing you'll hear about, on and off the radio show that'll be there is how Zach Wilson isn't signed yet and how they have NO ONE behind him. 

Won't be about Saleh or Becton showing up healthy or how AVT and Moore look. Won't be able the excited atmosphere and how this is a new team from last year. Won't be about an up and coming team on the rise. It'll be able the team that, again, couldn't sign their savior rookie QB in order to get him to camp.

It'll be SOJ again

What show is it out of curiosity? 

10 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

They rip on the Jets when there is no reason to. I have no doubt they will absolutely destroy the Jets for this.

Any other team, it's just a part of the process. The Jets? SOJ! LOLJets.

Yup! But at least in this case I was looking forward to them talking about watching Zach practice because they were both high on Zach. It would have been a great listen. Now it's going to be a soj sh*t show 

5 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Yup! But at least in this case I was looking forward to them talking about watching Zach practice because they were both high on Zach. It would have been a great listen. Now it's going to be a soj sh*t show 

If he misses a few days of camp, it is not the end of the world.  Almost 6 weeks to opening day.  Let's see how long this really lasts.  And who cares about 'Moving the Chains?"  And for a former Jets employee, Pat Kirwan has been as anti-Jets as any NFL media person for years.  He loves the Pats and the Steelers though.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

If he misses a few days of camp, it is not the end of the world.  Almost 6 weeks to opening day.  Let's see how long this really lasts.  And who cares about 'Moving the Chains?"  And for a former Jets employee, Pat Kirwan has been as anti-Jets as any NFL media person for years.  He loves the Pats and the Steelers though.

Quite honestly, I don't give a sh*t what YOU care about. I care what they have to say. And I never once said anywhere that you or anyone else needed to care. 

12 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

All of this is true. Kirwan hates on the Jets. Charlie Weis. Bruce Murray. They all take pot shots, and not just the shots that would be leveled at a team with the Jets' recent track record. There are other teams that have had as many issues as the Jets, but they don't go out of their way to rip on any of them the way they do the Jets.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Like when the Jets went to consecutive AFC title games, and they spent their time talking about Rex's wife's feet?

Ahh, the good ole days when the clown show wasn't about actual Football things. It would be nice to be back to those days.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

And you're absolutely right, if he misses a couple days of camp it's not the end of the world. Especially in the long term view of things. However, these days with so many restrictions on practice time and what you can do with the players, a few days not with your new team mates, a few days of missed practices and meetings is not nothing when you're a rookie QB that's expected to start. 

Mostly, Its just a really unfortunate and sh*tty way to begin camp. First practice, a day most of us have been looking forward to and instead if the narrative being about Saleh and the new vibes around this team, all you'll hear about is Zach not being signed and how the Jets are still a joke. 

Aaron Rodgers and Deshaun Watson are at their camps, ffs. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It should have never gotten this far.  JD needed to sit across the table from ZW's agent, get in a room and get it done. 

This should have been his single most important priority. JD has done a good job, but this is a poor showing right now.

Not agreeing to this stupid sticking mark for this agent is not poor form. You don't let some agent run you over. He should sign already. He is keeping himself off the field. 

2 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

And you're absolutely right, if he misses a couple days of camp it's not the end of the world. Especially in the long term view of things. However, these days with so many restrictions on practice time and what you can do with the players, a few days not with your new team mates, a few days of missed practices and meetings is not nothing when you're a rookie QB that's expected to start. 

Mostly, Its just a really unfortunate and sh*tty way to begin camp. First practice, a day most of us have been looking forward to and instead if the narrative being about Saleh and the new vibes around this team, all you'll hear about is Zach not being signed and how the Jets are still a joke. 

It's funny the players union caused the lack of practices and the players and agents do this...really db

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You understand that if you were right he would be signed...it's a half truth. His agent is trying to adjust it. Not th jets man

The signing bonus is set before the pick is made. The timeline that the bonus gets dispersed is ALWAYS negotiated. 

27 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Not agreeing to this stupid sticking mark for this agent is not poor form. You don't let some agent run you over. He should sign already. He is keeping himself off the field. 

The Jets should do what the Jags and Bears did - not worry about the <0.5% chance they would save a couple million.   This is all on the Jets.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

You have a good point.  Kudos.

I'll disagree with getting the money incrementally.  Wilson could make about $400,000-$500,000 in interest on that $22 million over a 6 month period. I'd want my money up front. Who turns down free money?

What freaking bank is paying that kind of interest!

5 hours ago, Matt39 said:

When you think the Jets have finally gotten it right, they make sure to remind you they're still a poverty franchise with no self awareness. New coach headed into his first camp and his QB's are two guys who wouldnt start in the XFL.

This move by the FO is so indefensible that it almost seems like it's on purposely stupid, a conspiracy to keep Jets fans in despair. Get your tinfoil hats out folks, no one could truly be this insane.

There is simply no sane, rational argument to be made to justify not only the optics of this, but the actually football fallout from having your rookie QB franchise savior miss snaps when White and Morgan are you only backup plan.

It is truly flabbergasting. But sadly feels comfortable and familiar.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Action Zachtion said:

The Jets should do what the Jags and Bears did - not worry about the <0.5% chance they would save a couple million.   This is all on the Jets.  

Just a couple million...no I get your point but I think Joe sticks to his guns as he always does and will have Zach sign soon. I have no reason to think he won't get it done. But you better believe every player on the team and paying attention to see what happens and Joe knows that too.

6 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

here you go ... take your pick... make sure to untwist first.

m_5f19ebdc3cda88cd7b106c71.jpg

SIGNED JOE D.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

WOW - so this is not uniques to the Jets ... who woulda thought that.

Not even remotely comparable.

A minute lost for Lance is not the same as it is for Wilson.

They have an NFL quality starter in the building. Lance is going to be sitting anyway. The urgency for him to ready isn't close to the same.

The Jets can't evaluate anything in their passing game right now because they have two XFL quality QB's and nothing else. It's a shambles and if the 49ers were in the same spot they'd probably have avoided it because they're a competent organisation. They have leverage and time with Lance that the Jets absolutely do not. 

• Upvote 2