Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..

1 minute ago, Albaniajet said:

Go root for Sam Darnold in carolina

i mean my avatar is Zach, so i'm not disparaging him - i was mainly being facetious with my comment about him in my original post.  i'm very disappointed that this front office couldn't have gotten this done before the first practice.  it's debilitating to have this new regime start off without QB1 - and its equally as harmful for Zach's development to be missing day 1.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Times like these (and there have been many), I question why I root for and support this team

SNY's Ralph Vacchiano reports the Jets are "not likely to budge" in ongoing contract talks with rookie QB Zach Wilson. 

You show em Joe. Nobody pushes us around. We will finish last in every category and be proud of it before we give in. We finish that way just about every year so why should this be any different.

I think I hear carnival music in the background.   

• Haha 3

With all that has happened in the past few weeks how can you let this happen, especially to QB1. There is more to this in my opinion. I am not looking to start an argument but with the  untimely passing of Gregg Knapp you would think this would be the absolute last thing they should let happen, pathetic. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Trotter said:

You show em Joe. Nobody pushes us around. We will finish last in every category and be proud of it before we give in. We finish that way just about every year so why should this be any different.

I think I hear carnival music in the background.   

trash take.

Joe has never given out a contract it says, that doesn't have offset language - in this case surrounding being disciplined by the NFL... Wilson's agent, is the one who knows and yet is still asking the GM to fold... his client is from BYU and he's fighting for "in case he acts like a criminal" language.

Someone in Wilson's camp has to tell his agent to sign the deal and STFU

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

trash take.

Joe has never given out a contract it says, that doesn't have offset language - in this case surrounding being disciplined by the NFL... Wilson's agent, is the one who knows and yet is still asking the GM to fold... his client is from BYU and he's fighting for "in case he acts like a criminal" language.

Someone in Wilson's camp has to tell his agent to sign the deal and STFU

The offset language protects the owner from having to pay a player who’s cut early. Zero impact on the salary cap. Good to see the Jets have confidence in their second overall pick with an escape clause already. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The offset language protects the owner from having to pay a player who’s cut early. Zero impact on the salary cap. Good to see the Jets have confidence in their second overall pick with an escape clause already. 

What? Is this a playground opinion.

The Jets have never taken offset language about voiding guarantees out of the contract if they NFL disciplines the player... the concept of accountability - maybe you heard of it in your place of employment? And his agent is asking for him to be punishment free in the contract language

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If Zack had confidence he wouldn't be cut or break the rules, he wouldn't care either.

Good to see our #1 QB thinks so little of himself and his ability to play within the NFL rules that he is demanding to be paid even if he is cut.

On day 1, he will become richer than 99.99% of Americans ever will over their entire lives.

Put the team and your teammates ahead of your own greed and paranoia about failure Zach, sign your deal, and show up.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

The Jets have never taken offset language about voiding guarantees out of the contract if they NFL disciplines the player... the concept of accountability - maybe you heard of it in your place of employment? And his agent is asking for him to be punishment free in the contract language

Fck that and fck his agent. 

You 100% have the opposite take if this were Fields lol.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Fck that and fck his agent. 

Discipline? They just drafted him second overall lol. If they’re worried he’s a bad boy then maybe they should have done more due diligence. 

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If Zack had confidence he wouldn't be cut, he wouldn't care either.

Good to see our #1 QB thinks so little of himself and his ability to play within the NFL rules that he is demanding to be paid even if he is cut.

The Jets chose Wilson. Wilson didn’t choose the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets chose Wilson. Wilson didn’t choose the Jets. 

Irrelevant.

A truly confident QB who plays by the rules doesn't care about "if I'm cut" or "if the league suspends me" offsets to make sure he gets paid even if on another team.

They just get to work.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Discipline? They just drafted him second overall lol. If they’re worried he’s a bad boy then maybe they should have done more due diligence. 

It's seriously laughable.

The idea that this sets a precedent is also ridiculous. Wilson is the franchise QB, the second overall pick behind what was considered a generational prospect. He can be the exception. He should be the exception. We have invested all in him already and the alternative if Mike White. He has us over a barrel and he knows it. It would genuinely be negligence if his agent weren't to demand this. 

Anyone backing the Jets here is a fool. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

It's seriously laughable.

The idea that this sets a precedent is also ridiculous. Wilson is the franchise QB, the second overall pick behind what was considered a generational prospect. He can be the exception. He should be the exception. We have invested all in him already and the alternative if Mike White. He has us over a barrel and he knows it. It would genuinely be negligence if his agent weren't to demand this. 

Anyone backing the Jets here is a fool. 

and back to sh*tty posts 

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If Zack had confidence he wouldn't be cut, he wouldn't care either.

Zach and Douglas aren't negiotating a deal.  Corporate lawyers of a billion dollar company are trying to protect a billion dollar corporation.  Zach has legal representation that's trying to protect his contractual rights.  It has zero to do with his ability to play.

If it had something to do with his ability and where he was drafted he wouldn't have been slotted and would be negiotating a deal for 10's of millions more than what he's slotted.

Zach and every NFL rookie had their rights to negiotate based on their ability and confidence negiotated away by the Union who was strong armed by a lockout by the owners. 

Just now, Warfish said:

Irrelevant.

A truly confident QB who plays by the rules doesn't care about "if I'm cut" or "if the league suspends me" offsets to make sure he gets paid even if on another team.

They just get to work.

Or maybe a truly confident QB may think they can play effectively without the reps. 

However you think this reflects on Wilson it says nothing about his confidence to play. He wants the best deal he can get. 

I posted this in Day 1 thread by accident:

Am I mistaken, but doesn't offset language not just include the scenario about getting suspended, but also the situation where the Jets wouldn't owe him guaranteed money if they cut him and he signs with another team?

As example, Jets owe Zach10 million guaranteed for year 4 (as example) and cut him (god forbid this plays out). If he signs with another team for 9 million, the Jets only owe him 1 million and he makes 10 million that year (9 + 1) instead of 19 million (9 + 10) without offset language?

Thought I read that somewhere.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

pff what world do you live in? Are you private contractor? did you take even the basic psych 101 in college? It's about accountability. Zach can have the same god damn discipline language in his contracts as every other player in green and white. Why should he get special treatment.

I get that you're a fan, and so your interests remain so - but don't be intentionally obtuse. That's a moronic take 

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Zach and Douglas aren't negiotating a deal.  Corporate lawyers of a billion dollar company are trying to protect a billion dollar corporation.  Zach has legal representation that's trying to protect his contractual rights.  It has zero to do with his ability to play.

If it had something to do with his ability and where he was drafted he wouldn't have been slotted and would be negiotating a deal for 10's of millions more than what he's slotted.

Zach and every NFL rookie had their rights to negiotate based on their ability and confidence negiotated away by the Union who was strong armed by a lockout by the owners. 

False.

Joe at any point could say - wave the language. 

Just now, Paradis said:

False.

Joe at any point could say - wave the language. 

I don't think he can.  I think the langauge is standard contract that was approved by legal who ran it by Woody. Woody probably has the last word on this.  He doesn't want to pay the bonus early, he wants to spread it out and have control over the funds.  

Just now, Biggs said:

If it had something to do with his ability and where he was drafted he wouldn't have been slotted and would be negiotating a deal for 10's of millions more than what his slotted.

End of the day, Zach isn't here because he (or his agent, if you prefer) is demanding OUR team pay him even if he sucks and we cut him, or if he breaks league rules and the league suspends him.

I can only imagine most of you whiners if Zack actually busts, and end up in New England in his third season, with the Jets paying all of his salary, lol. As with almost every issue for most of you inconsistent folks, I'd bet your tune would change pretty quick in that scenario.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

pff what world do you live in? Are you private contractor? did you take even the basic psych 101 in college? It's about accountability. Zach can have the same god damn discipline language in his contracts as every other player in green and white. Why should he get special treatment.

I get that you're a fan, and so your interests remain so - but don't be intentionally obtuse. That's a moronic take 

If this was going to be an issue then the Jets should have known this prior to drafting him.  

Are the Jaguars not holding Lawrence accountable? Are you not a fan or something? What in gods name are you even talking about here. 

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Or maybe a truly confident QB may think they can play effectively without the reps. 

Then he's an idiot as well as greedy.

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

However you think this reflects on Wilson it says nothing about his confidence to play. He wants the best deal he can get. 

We can't all have everything we want, but most of us show up to work anyway.

• Thumb Down 1