Jump to content

Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Good.  Joe D and the jets arent playing.  Sign the damn deal or sit out Zach.

Joe is at practice watching the team.  Hes not worried.

Joe Douglas is currently stress eating a sleeve of Oreos.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Zach forces his way to Seattle you’ll all be cheering Joe Douglas as a genius for getting draft picks.   SAR I

You’re a master in the art of bad posting, but this might be your opus.      

It's a problem of motivation Bob. I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses ri

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Albaniajet said:

Go root for Sam Darnold in carolina

i mean my avatar is Zach, so i'm not disparaging him - i was mainly being facetious with my comment about him in my original post.  i'm very disappointed that this front office couldn't have gotten this done before the first practice.  it's debilitating to have this new regime start off without QB1 - and its equally as harmful for Zach's development to be missing day 1.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like I should care about this but I'm having a hard time.

Its kind of whatever..  roll with Mike White and the Cpt.  Damn the torpedoes! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Times like these (and there have been many), I question why I root for and support this team

SNY's Ralph Vacchiano reports the Jets are "not likely to budge" in ongoing contract talks with rookie QB Zach Wilson. 

You show em Joe. Nobody pushes us around. We will finish last in every category and be proud of it before we give in. We finish that way just about every year so why should this be any different.

 

I think I hear carnival music in the background.   

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, freestater said:

Who are we tanking for this year?

For a QB who will agree to Woodys contract clauses which entail cutting him in 3 years to save money for his next yacht purchase.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

With all that has happened in the past few weeks how can you let this happen, especially to QB1. There is more to this in my opinion. I am not looking to start an argument but with the  untimely passing of Gregg Knapp you would think this would be the absolute last thing they should let happen, pathetic. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Trotter said:

You show em Joe. Nobody pushes us around. We will finish last in every category and be proud of it before we give in. We finish that way just about every year so why should this be any different.

 

I think I hear carnival music in the background.   

trash take.

Joe has never given out a contract it says, that doesn't have offset language - in this case surrounding being disciplined by the NFL... Wilson's agent, is the one who knows and yet is still asking the GM to fold... his client is from BYU and he's fighting for "in case he acts like a criminal" language.

Someone in Wilson's camp has to tell his agent to sign the deal and STFU

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

trash take.

Joe has never given out a contract it says, that doesn't have offset language - in this case surrounding being disciplined by the NFL... Wilson's agent, is the one who knows and yet is still asking the GM to fold... his client is from BYU and he's fighting for "in case he acts like a criminal" language.

Someone in Wilson's camp has to tell his agent to sign the deal and STFU

The offset language protects the owner from having to pay a player who’s cut early. Zero impact on the salary cap. Good to see the Jets have confidence in their second overall pick with an escape clause already. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The offset language protects the owner from having to pay a player who’s cut early. Zero impact on the salary cap. Good to see the Jets have confidence in their second overall pick with an escape clause already. 

What? Is this a playground opinion.

The Jets have never taken offset language about voiding guarantees out of the contract if they NFL disciplines the player... the concept of accountability - maybe you heard of it in your place of employment? And his agent is asking for him to be punishment free in the contract language

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The offset language protects the owner from having to pay a player who’s cut early. Zero impact on the salary cap. Good to see the Jets have confidence in their second overall pick with an escape clause already. 

If Zack had confidence he wouldn't be cut or break the rules, he wouldn't care either.

Good to see our #1 QB thinks so little of himself and his ability to play within the NFL rules that he is demanding to be paid even if he is cut.

On day 1, he will become richer than 99.99% of Americans ever will over their entire lives.

Put the team and your teammates ahead of your own greed and paranoia about failure Zach, sign your deal, and show up.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What? Is this a playground opinion.

The Jets have never taken offset language about voiding guarantees out of the contract if they NFL disciplines the player... the concept of accountability - maybe you heard of it in your place of employment? And his agent is asking for him to be punishment free in the contract language

Fck that and fck his agent. 

You 100% have the opposite take if this were Fields lol.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What? Is this a playground opinion.

The Jets have never taken offset language about voiding guarantees out of the contract if they NFL disciplines the player... the concept of accountability - maybe you heard of it in your place of employment? And his agent is asking for him to be punishment free in the contract language

Fck that and fck his agent. 

Discipline? They just drafted him second overall lol. If they’re worried he’s a bad boy then maybe they should have done more due diligence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If Zack had confidence he wouldn't be cut, he wouldn't care either.

Good to see our #1 QB thinks so little of himself and his ability to play within the NFL rules that he is demanding to be paid even if he is cut.

 

The Jets chose Wilson. Wilson didn’t choose the Jets. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets chose Wilson. Wilson didn’t choose the Jets. 

Irrelevant.

A truly confident QB who plays by the rules doesn't care about "if I'm cut" or "if the league suspends me" offsets to make sure he gets paid even if on another team.

They just get to work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Discipline? They just drafted him second overall lol. If they’re worried he’s a bad boy then maybe they should have done more due diligence. 

It's seriously laughable.

The idea that this sets a precedent is also ridiculous. Wilson is the franchise QB, the second overall pick behind what was considered a generational prospect. He can be the exception. He should be the exception. We have invested all in him already and the alternative if Mike White. He has us over a barrel and he knows it. It would genuinely be negligence if his agent weren't to demand this. 

Anyone backing the Jets here is a fool. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

You 100% have the opposite take if this were Fields lol.

Right this way, Justin. I have a room with hookers and blow waiting for you :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

It's seriously laughable.

The idea that this sets a precedent is also ridiculous. Wilson is the franchise QB, the second overall pick behind what was considered a generational prospect. He can be the exception. He should be the exception. We have invested all in him already and the alternative if Mike White. He has us over a barrel and he knows it. It would genuinely be negligence if his agent weren't to demand this. 

Anyone backing the Jets here is a fool. 

and back to sh*tty posts 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If Zack had confidence he wouldn't be cut, he wouldn't care either.

Good to see our #1 QB thinks so little of himself and his ability to play within the NFL rules that he is demanding to be paid even if he is cut.

 

Zach and Douglas aren't negiotating a deal.  Corporate lawyers of a billion dollar company are trying to protect a billion dollar corporation.  Zach has legal representation that's trying to protect his contractual rights.  It has zero to do with his ability to play.

If it had something to do with his ability and where he was drafted he wouldn't have been slotted and would be negiotating a deal for 10's of millions more than what he's slotted.

Zach and every NFL rookie had their rights to negiotate based on their ability and confidence negiotated away by the Union who was strong armed by a lockout by the owners. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warfish said:

Irrelevant.

A truly confident QB who plays by the rules doesn't care about "if I'm cut" or "if the league suspends me" offsets to make sure he gets paid even if on another team.

They just get to work.

Or maybe a truly confident QB may think they can play effectively without the reps. 

However you think this reflects on Wilson it says nothing about his confidence to play. He wants the best deal he can get. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this in Day 1 thread by accident:

Am I mistaken, but doesn't offset language not just include the scenario about getting suspended, but also the situation where the Jets wouldn't owe him guaranteed money if they cut him and he signs with another team?

As example, Jets owe Zach10 million guaranteed for year 4 (as example) and cut him (god forbid this plays out). If he signs with another team for 9 million, the Jets only owe him 1 million and he makes 10 million that year (9 + 1) instead of 19 million (9 + 10) without offset language?

Thought I read that somewhere.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Discipline? They just drafted him second overall lol. If they’re worried he’s a bad boy then maybe they should have done more due diligence. 

pff what world do you live in? Are you private contractor? did you take even the basic psych 101 in college? It's about accountability. Zach can have the same god damn discipline language in his contracts as every other player in green and white. Why should he get special treatment.

I get that you're a fan, and so your interests remain so - but don't be intentionally obtuse. That's a moronic take 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Zach and Douglas aren't negiotating a deal.  Corporate lawyers of a billion dollar company are trying to protect a billion dollar corporation.  Zach has legal representation that's trying to protect his contractual rights.  It has zero to do with his ability to play.

If it had something to do with his ability and where he was drafted he wouldn't have been slotted and would be negiotating a deal for 10's of millions more than what he's slotted.

Zach and every NFL rookie had their rights to negiotate based on their ability and confidence negiotated away by the Union who was strong armed by a lockout by the owners. 

False.

Joe at any point could say - wave the language. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paradis said:

False.

Joe at any point could say - wave the language. 

I don't think he can.  I think the langauge is standard contract that was approved by legal who ran it by Woody. Woody probably has the last word on this.  He doesn't want to pay the bonus early, he wants to spread it out and have control over the funds.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

They just get to work.

This is a process Wilson hired professionals to sort out for him. He shouldn’t be doing anything but sitting back and letting it play out just as he is doing now.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Biggs said:

Zach and Douglas aren't negiotating a deal.  Corporate lawyers of a billion dollar company are trying to protect a billion dollar corporation.  Zach has legal representation that's trying to protect his contractual rights.  It has zero to do with his ability to play.

If it had something to do with his ability and where he was drafted he wouldn't have been slotted and would be negiotating a deal for 10's of millions more than what his slotted.

Zach and every NFL rookie had their rights to negiotate based on their ability and confidence negiotated away by the Union who was strong armed by a lockout by the owners. 

End of the day, Zach isn't here because he (or his agent, if you prefer) is demanding OUR team pay him even if he sucks and we cut him, or if he breaks league rules and the league suspends him.

I can only imagine most of you whiners if Zack actually busts, and end up in New England in his third season, with the Jets paying all of his salary, lol. As with almost every issue for most of you inconsistent folks, I'd bet your tune would change pretty quick in that scenario.

 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paradis said:

pff what world do you live in? Are you private contractor? did you take even the basic psych 101 in college? It's about accountability. Zach can have the same god damn discipline language in his contracts as every other player in green and white. Why should he get special treatment.

I get that you're a fan, and so your interests remain so - but don't be intentionally obtuse. That's a moronic take 

If this was going to be an issue then the Jets should have known this prior to drafting him.  
 

Are the Jaguars not holding Lawrence accountable? Are you not a fan or something? What in gods name are you even talking about here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Or maybe a truly confident QB may think they can play effectively without the reps. 

Then he's an idiot as well as greedy.

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

However you think this reflects on Wilson it says nothing about his confidence to play. He wants the best deal he can get. 

We can't all have everything we want, but most of us show up to work anyway.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...