Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

End of the day, Zach isn't here because he (or his agent, if you prefer) is demanding OUR team pay him even if he sucks and we cut him, or if he breaks league rules and the league suspends him.

I can only imagine most of you whiners if Zack actually busts, and end up in New England in his third season, with the Jets paying all of his salary, lol. As with almost every issue for most of you inconsistent folks, I'd bet your tune would change pretty quick in that scenario.

The whiny bitch owners at the end of the day couldn't figure out how to sign rookie's in an open market.

If Zach busts Douglas and Saleh take the fall.  Woody losses nothing.  Zach playing for NE if he busts would be the only positive aspect of him sucking. 

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Irrelevant.

A truly confident QB who plays by the rules doesn't care about "if I'm cut" or "if the league suspends me" offsets to make sure he gets paid even if on another team.

They just get to work.

Not irrelevant at all. The Jet picked Wilson. After that happens it falls on the Jets to meet his demands, especially when you look at the Jets current QB situation. Wilson has money and leverage. Honestly him embarrassing the Johnsons may end up being good for this franchise in the long ru .

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

I'm not going to say Joe Flacco was ever elite.  He was an above average QB who started for 10 straight years.  We haven't had a QB who played like Flacco in his prime for 10 years ever.  

I would agree with that but I would also argue that the Ravens have been arguably the single best drafting org in the NFL over the last twenty years and the Steelers have probably been 2nd. That structure and the culture of success has played a role in Flacco's success (and Big Ben's.)

While the Jets are terrible at identifying and evaluating QBs we also have never had an offensive identity or had the coaching and infrastructure to get more out of the raw talent we have. It's hard to be as bad as the Jets have been at the position for as long as we have been without essentially doing everything wrong.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Discipline? They just drafted him second overall lol. If they’re worried he’s a bad boy then maybe they should have done more due diligence. 

This has nothing to do with Zach Wilson.  It has to do with setting a precedent for the next 10-15 years of draftpicks.

This is not difficult to understand.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

This has nothing to do with Zach Wilson.  It has to do with setting a precedent for the next 10-15 years of draftpicks.

Why are you hung up on these imaginary precedents? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The current CBA goes to 2030.  This isn't an NFL precedent issue this is a specific team by team issue.  The Jets along with other NFL teams are trying to set a precedent beyond the CBA agreed to by both the players Union and the NFL.  

Who blinks first?  3 first round QBs had offset language removed.  Jets have never removed offset language.  In all likelihood the offset language is never going to come into play for Wilson.   He is not going to be released during his rookie contract, and by most counts, he is a good kid with his head screwed on straight who is not likely to get suspended.  He is missing camp for what is largely a hypothetical.

I know he is just a 21-year old kid, but at some point, I would hope he tells his agent to give up the offset language, get me the best timing you can on bonus payments and get in to camp. 

Offset language seems like a strange hill to die on.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Who blinks first?  3 first round QBs had offset language removed.  Jets have never removed offset language.  In all likelihood the offset language is never going to come into play for Wilson.   He is not going to be released during his rookie contract, and by most counts, he is a good kid with his head screwed on straight who is not likely to get suspended.  He is missing camp for what is largely a hypothetical.

I know he is just a 21-year old kid, but at some point, I would hope he tells his agent to give up the offset language, get me the best timing you can on bonus payments and get in to camp. 

Offset language seems like a strange hill to die on.

Just saw this.  Lance's deal does have offset language.  Time for Zach and his team to give up the fight and get into camp.

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Well it's not your point. I would much rather be a Colts or Saints team that was one of the elite NFL teams deep in the playoffs every year with one SB win than a team who sucked for ten years and won once in a fluky year.

Either way you only actually win one Super Bowl (which is all I really need, tbh) but part of following the team is the fun of the chase. It's 100x more exciting for me when the Jets are good. This past decade has really sapped my enthusiasm.

The difference is it will take 5 years to build a Jets team good enough to compete at a very high level for 10 years and that's only if Wilson is a Top 10 quarterback.

Meanwhile, we could pay crazy money for Aaron Rogers and a host of free agent toys 7 months from now and be ready to win a Super Bowl immediately.  And with this option, you are guaranteed to be an immediate contender.  With the slow draft option, you are not.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Just saw this.  Lance's deal does have offset language.  Time for Zach and his team to give up the fight and get into camp.

Unless this is about the signing bonus up front aka money out of Woodys bank account.

36 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’ve never seen such a basic lack of understanding when it comes to the business side of football.

Level of understanding of most of you: 

"WAAAAA!!! WAAAAA!!!! ZACHY DREAMBOAT ISN'T IN CAMP!!!! BOO OWNERS!!!!!  RICH PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!  GIVE ZACK ANYTHING HE WANTS, HE'S SO DREAMY!!!!!"

Save the lectures.  Zach not being here is on Zach. 

His team and teammates are waiting.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

What? Is this a playground opinion.

The Jets have never taken offset language about voiding guarantees out of the contract if they NFL disciplines the player... the concept of accountability - maybe you heard of it in your place of employment? And his agent is asking for him to be punishment free in the contract language

Fck that and fck his agent. 

the agent works for ZACH.  not the other way around.  if zach wanted this done, he'd sign and get it done.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"WAAAAA!!! WAAAAA!!!! ZACHY DREAMBOAT ISN'T IN CAMP!!!! BOO OWNERS!!!!!  RICH PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!  GIVE ZACK ANYTHING HE WANTS, HE'S SO DREAMY!!!!!"

I literally just slammed Marcus Maye and his agent last week on their nonsense, and defended the organization, so miss me with the tears about rich people.

I’d save the lectures if you didn’t continue to make it obvious that you need one on business 101.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Unless this is about the signing bonus up front aka money out of Woodys bank account.

I am sure that is part of it.  Woody gives on the bonus, pays it all up front.  Zach gives on the offset language.  Zach gets his ass to camp.

This should not be that hard.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Level of understandinf of most of you: 

"WAAAAA!!! WAAAAA!!!! ZACHY DREAMBOAT ISN'T IN CAMP!!!! BOO OWNERS!!!!!  RICH PEOPEL SUCK!!!!!!  GIVE ZACK ANYTHING HE WANTS, HE'S SO DREAMY!!!!!"

Well, he is dreamy...

E0LPcFRVUAA3Gby.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Then he's an idiot as well as greedy.

We can't all have everything we want, but most of us show up to work anyway.

Most of us don’t have to hire agent firms to contractually sort out tons of language and paperwork to effectively put ourselves in the best situation, financially, as possible.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Typically you hire and bring in people with the expectations that they are going to try their best and do a good job.  This is even more apparent when drafting the most important position in sports second overall. Demanding escape clauses for this type of investment with the belief he may get into  trouble or sucks just means the team didn’t do a good enough job in scouting him. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

If this was going to be an issue then the Jets should have known this prior to drafting him.  

Are the Jaguars not holding Lawrence accountable? Are you not a fan or something? What in gods name are you even talking about here. 

Last i checked you weren't an idiot. Figure it out. 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Typically you hire and bring in people with the expectations that they are going to try their best and do a good job.

Was there ever a time when you were hired that you were free to demand anything and everything you wanted, including the right to be paid even if you didn't work out and had to be fired?

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Demanding escape clauses....

Terms that say, basically, "we're not paying you if we cut you", it not the team demanding anything.  It's the player demanding to be paid even if he fails so completely that he's no longer on the team.

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

What a great hill JD is picking to die. F'ing idiot

Man.... you guys will never change. The browns fans have every reason to "give up anything" for some sliver of success, but never did they ever take some dense, stupid approach as what some of you are advocating for.... it's none of you have ever had direct reports, and employees in life. 

39 minutes ago, heymangold said:

the agent works for ZACH.  not the other way around.  if zach wanted this done, he'd sign and get it done.

Have you ever worked with an agent? clearly not. It's not that simple. "You hired me to do a job, let me do my job" is the answer you get. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Was there ever a time when you were hired that you were free to demand anything and everything you wanted, including the right to be paid even if you didn't work out and had to be fired?

Terms that say, basically, "we're not paying you if we cut you", it not the team demanding anything.  It's the player demanding to be paid even if he fails so completely that he's no longer on the team.

Why are you acting like regular employment is comparable to being the 2nd pick in the NFL draft?

The Jets have already told Wilson that he’s invaluable by selecting him. His demands are based on his worth as a 2nd overall pick.

• Upvote 2

If the Jets were worried about Wilson not working out then they should have traded the pick or taken someone else. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Man.... you guys will never change. The browns fans have every reason to "give up anything" for some sliver of success, but never did they ever take some dense, stupid approach as what some of you are advocating for.... it's none of you have ever had direct reports, and employees in life. 

You're the boss with the employees who have sh*t morale because you wanna nickel and dime them over everything 

• Upvote 1