Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..

I'll take the other side of the argument here. If you're a GM who wants to be seen as a firm negotiator who pays players what they are worth not what they can take from the team then you have to be a firm negotiator every time. Today's negotiation sets the tone for tomorrow's negotiation. JD's willingness to negotiate aggressively with Wilson without a safety net is setting a tone with all the agents for all future negotiations. Practically, everybody knows there is very little risk that Wilson sits a year or goes back to college and there is very little risk that the Jets won't find a deal that works so this is very likely about the show and not the substance. We can't have another GM that gets played (Cousins) and hands out generous contracts players haven't earned.

As a fan it's frustrating not to have Wilson in camp but over the long term this is frustratingly good for the team.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's hilarious watching Fans twist themselves into pretzels in order to not get mad at their dreamboat great hope players.

There is no universe where demanding to be paid by our team for not playing for our team is a reasonable ask.

Just ask MLB, where similarly guaranteed contracts are a noose around the necks of many a MLB Club.

The NFL is the better Pro League than MLB for many of these financial reasons.  The Cap.  Non-Guaranteed Contracts.  Etc.

This contract literally has zero impact on the Jets salary cap. The only thing it impacts is the Johnson’s money. Why can’t you separate the two? 

• Upvote 4

In case JD forgot

Forms of Payment

Purchasing a ticket has never been easier! We've got a variety of different ways for you to pay for your reservation so you'll never miss out on where you're headed.

Credit and Debit Cards 

We accept credit and debit cards with

• Visa
  • MasterCard
  • Discover Card
  • American Express
  • Japan Credit Bureau (JCB)
  • Diners Club
  • Universal Air Travel Plan (UATP).

Customers may use prepaid credit cards or gift cards to pay for JetBlue flights. When booking online, your prepaid credit card balance will need to cover the full amount of your purchase.

Cash

Cash is accepted at many of our airport ticket counters or city ticket offices. You can find a list of airports where cash is not accepted on our page outlining our ReadySTATION cash-to-credit kiosks.

We accept Dominican pesos at our Dominican airports and city ticket offices. Please keep in mind you will be charged the fare quote you were given in U.S. dollars. Because the value of the peso fluctuates, the fare in pesos may be different than the fare you were quoted in pesos. Our fares do not change in U.S. dollars.

At airports that accept cash, payment must be made in the local currency.  

Traveler's Checks 

Traveler’s checks should be signed in front of a JetBlue airport crewmember. If your check is not signed in front of a JetBlue airport crewmember, a driver's license or passport will be required for signature verification.

Digital Wallet Services 

JetBlue accepts PayPal, PayPal Credit, Apple Pay, and MasterPass online at jetblue.com for flight-only purchases. Apple Pay is also accepted for inflight purchases. Digital wallet services are not available for reservations made by phone or using the JetBlue mobile app.

Western Union 

Western Union may be used as a form of payment over the phone for domestic flights only.

Please call us at 1-800-JETBLUE (1-800-538-2583), choose to pay with Western Union and your reservation will be placed on hold. Then, visit any participating Western Union Agent location before the cut-off times listed below, provide the confirmation code, company name (JetBlue), the exact full amount to be paid, and we'll confirm your reservation. Once complete, you will receive an itinerary via email and will be able to visit jetblue.com to select your seats. Phone booking fees will be waived.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's hilarious watching Fans twist themselves into pretzels in order to not get mad at their dreamboat great hope players.

There is no universe where demanding to be paid by our team for not playing for our team is a reasonable ask.

I’m not mad at Zach because his demands are based around what the guy before him got and, despite you not understanding how this business works, is completely reasonable.  The team doesn’t get to f*ck the next guy over because they got burned by their own stupid decision making in the past.  Just like I’m not mad at Douglas for telling Maye to shove it while we have control over him for 2 more years if we want.  Reasonable is reasonable.

Just ask MLB, where similarly guaranteed contracts are a noose around the necks of many a MLB Club.

The NFL is the better Pro League than MLB for many of these financial reasons.  The Cap.  Non-Guaranteed Contracts.  Etc.

The NFL is largely looked at as the biggest joke when it comes to player’s contracts, the NBA and MLB being the gold standard.  The only way you’d think the NFL is the best structure is if you are so far up the owner’s asses that you have a scat fetish.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This contract literally has zero impact on the Jets salary cap. The only thing it impacts is the Johnson’s money. Why can’t you separate the two? 

Because he has absolutely no idea as to what he’s talking about.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

You're the boss with the employees who have sh*t morale because you wanna nickel and dime them over everything 

Complete opposite actually. I make sure the bosses aren't dicks and the employees do as their told - I'm the god damn best what I do.... More than anything, I facilitate respect on both ends, and anyone lobbying for "just get it done" is philosophically challenged to use nice language. 

All that, i just called my super secret confidante (gorgeous creature too) and Ralph's slinging info that's not necessarily accurate. If it's not accountability related and precedence setting, who gives a sh*t Joe. He's mormon. 

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don't think we can have it both ways.

I don't think we can say out of the left side of our mouths "Look at JD's draft!  Great job by Woody giving him a title, the head coach as a direct report, and complete autonomy over football decisions!" and then say out of the right side of our mouths "JD is being forced by Woody to cut corners and get offsets and isn't involved in the most important contract in his career!"

Unless you believe the promotion of Douglas and the reporting structure of Saleh are all lies, this Wilson contract fiasco is 100% on Joe Douglas.  He is the Football Man of Florham Park.

SAR I

Disagree with your premise as I stated these holdouts ( Darnold , Quinnen ) have happened before JD got here. Didn’t happen with Becton or Vera Tucker as I am of the opinion that they agreed to the language in contract that was acceptable to Woody therefore no holdout. JD I believe has autonomy of personnel decisions of  who to hire , and drafting of players. Big ticket Free agent acquisitions still would require Woodys blessing with amount of money JD wants to spend on said free agent and I truly believe that Woody wants any offset language acceptable to him. And I say this as not being a Woody Johnson hater but as someone ( and as all of us Jet fans have seen ) the same  things play out on a consistent basis prior to JD’s tenure I truly hope this is the case cause if this is JD’s doing it’s not good as Saleh and JD have stated the kids need all the reps they can get 

16 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

which universe is Jacksonville in

The one where they were the worst team in the NFL last year?

Is Wilson a generational talent?  Supposedly Lawrence is, many at this very site said so (right up till we couldn't get him).

No one, anywhere, ever called Wilson a generational talent.

Maybe that's the difference?

Did Lance, Fields and Jones all get the offsets too?

Just now, Warfish said:

The one where they were the worst team in the NFL last year?

Is Wilson a generational talent?  Supposedly Lawrence is, many at this very site said so (right up till we couldn't get him).

No one, anywhere, ever called Wilson a generational talent.

Maybe that's the difference?

Did Lance, Fields and Jones all get the offsets too?

Hmm, now where did those goalposts get to, anyway?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This contract literally has zero impact on the Jets salary cap.

Read my post, I never mentioned the cap.

The only thing it impacts is the Johnson’s money.

Millions of dollars of it, yes.  

Would you give someone millions of your dollars to do work for someone else?

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The NFL is largely looked at as the biggest joke when it comes to player’s contracts, the NBA and MLB being the gold standard.  The only way you’d think the NFL is the best structure is if you are so far up the owner’s asses that you have a scat fetish.

Jock sniffer. 

Wilson isn't going to come to your birthday party just because you swoon for him on a forum, mate.

• Haha 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Jock sniffer. 

Wilson isn't going to come to your birthday party just because you swoon for him on a forum, mate.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Would you give someone millions of your dollars to do work for someone else?

lmao I’m losing it

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Jock sniffer. 

The perfect reply was already made by someone else, but I’ll just include the first half of that post again because you completely ignored it trying to defend your Teflon thin crusade for an invitation to Woody Johnson’s next yacht party:

I’m not mad at Zach because his demands are based around what the guy before him got and, despite you not understanding how this business works, is completely reasonable.  The team doesn’t get to f*ck the next guy over because they got burned by their own stupid decision making in the past.  Just like I’m not mad at Douglas for telling Maye to shove it while we have control over him for 2 more years if we want.  Reasonable is reasonable.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, slats said:

It’s the Jets who are ****ing up here. The compensation is laid out in the CBA, the team is just nickel and dime-ing it for the sake of, “precedent.”

It's funny how casual some of you are with millions of other peoples actual dollars.

Maybe you should pay Wilson those "nickels and dimes" if it's no big deal, eh?

The same owners gave Darnold his money up front, no offset language, it’s nonsense.

Wow, so a team who literally gave that dumb deal to another player then watched him bust horribly doesn;t want to give the same deal to the next guy. 

Shocking, really.  

The precedent the team should be trying to set is not having the #2 pick in the draft anytime soon.

That's more about picking the right guys and coaches than it is about contract offsets.

We'll see soon enough, today's little melodrama aside, if Wilson is that guy or not.

If Wilson’s team refuses to give in (they shouldn’t), the organization will have no choice but to give in themselves - and soon. Which is when I expect this to get done. 

Probably.  

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

More like fighting a losing battle. Warfish is never wrong about anything and how dare you challenge his logic. He was right about Sam Darnold just by not carrying an opinion of him.

That’s my favorite part about any of his arguments.  He never holds a concrete opinion on anything so he can never, technically, be wrong about anything.  That doesn’t stop him from gloating about how he was “right” about something though.

I, too, can be right about every prospect ever when I say: “I don’t know anything about him so I’ll reserve my judgment before saying anything good or bad about him”.

• Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, slats said:

It’s the Jets who are ****ing up here. The compensation is laid out in the CBA, the team is just nickel and dime-ing it for the sake of, “precedent.” The same owners gave Darnold his money up front, no offset language, it’s nonsense. The precedent the team should be trying to set is not having the #2 pick in the draft anytime soon. No need to cater to anyone if you’re picking in the 20s or later every year. 

If Wilson’s team refuses to give in (they shouldn’t), the organization will have no choice but to give in themselves - and soon. Which is when I expect this to get done. 

When JD does cave, Wilson's team will throw him some kind of token bone to save face -- ya know make it look like JD got something out of the negotiation.  But anyone who has ever negotiated knows that JD has a weak hand. If Wilson's team caves, they should be fired.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Warfish is never wrong about anything

Not remotely true.  Just today I told someone I was wrong on a Davis Webb vs. John Wolford debate we had a while back.

I'm wrong on things as often as most.  Well, maybe not most here, because most of you are disgustingly head-in-clouds optimistic most of the time and I'm a cynic, and the Jets love feeding cynics, but still......

and how dare you challenge his logic.

I love having my logic questioned.  

He was right about Sam Darnold just by not carrying an opinion of him.

If by "not carrying an opinion" you mean "didn't want to draft him and never thought he was as great as you jock sniffers did", sure, you nailed me.

What's next, I didn't have an opinion of Geno?  Or Sanchez?  Lol.  I'm literally one of the most opinionated and verbose people on this or any forum, lol.

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

Lol, Woody is a scumbag mate, I'd rather piss on him than meet him.

For me, it's very simple:  I don't pay players to play elsewhere if they fail playing for me.

Insane, I know.  Still wondering if any other QB aside from Lawrence got these offsets.

Yes, Justin Fields doesn’t have offsets in his contract either.  He was the first QB to sign, and the Jaguars just took the structure of that deal and gave it to Trevor, just with the slotted money for the first overall pick.

D87FE78D-5E0B-4DC9-9775-A47B71C5F141.thumb.jpeg.2af045e4d49f31089e2af6de645e1acf.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1