Jump to content

Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Zach forces his way to Seattle you’ll all be cheering Joe Douglas as a genius for getting draft picks.   SAR I

You’re a master in the art of bad posting, but this might be your opus.      

It's a problem of motivation Bob. I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses ri

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Its not a fiasco, its a bunch of fans on a board ready to jump off a ledge over two sides working towards an agreement that we all know will happen.

And I would assume that ownership is involved in every money move, especially ion the holdup is over guarantees.  

You leave your stoic demeanor at the GD door sir! 
 

You expect me to be okay looking at camp tweets at work all day and read about Mike White check downs? I need ZW throwing lasers to Elijah Moore content. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Its not a fiasco, its a bunch of fans on a board ready to jump off a ledge over two sides working towards an agreement that we all know will happen.  

I would assume that ownership is involved in every money move, especially if the holdup is over guarantees.  

Your rookie day one starter missing valuable practice time, being the only draft pick not signed, and being behind the 8 ball is kind of a fiasco, but to each their own.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Again, you can't have it both ways.

You can't say that Joe Douglas has full autonomy that no other GM has ever had *and* say that Woody Johnson tells him what to do.

The Jets have either had a paradigm culture change or they haven't.

SAR I

I do believe that JD has full autonomy over all things Jets football regarding whom to sign as a free agent whom to draft who to hire in front office who to hire as coach but I really don’t think he has absolute power of the check book. If he did I believe this situation would have been resolved prior to training camp opening. 
I guess we all will never be certain on why Zach isn’t on time and who is to blame but we all know that we gotta get him signed and in camp ASAP. All sides need to give in for the good of the franchise and it’s long suffering fan base 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Your rookie day one starter missing valuable practice time, being the only draft pick not signed, and being behind the 8 ball is kind of a fiasco, but to each their own.

Ironically I think he is the only first draft pick from the 2020 NFL Draft not signed. 

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Your rookie day one starter missing valuable practice time, being the only draft pick not signed, and being behind the 8 ball is kind of a fiasco, but to each their own.

Valuable time?  Hes going to get as many snaps in every practice as he can handle without his arm falling off.  Unless this goes on and on he isnt going to miss any valuable time.

Hell, Darnold missed 3 practices and started out fine.  

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Your rookie day one starter missing valuable practice time, being the only draft pick not signed, and being behind the 8 ball is kind of a fiasco, but to each their own.

Eh if missing a few days up front screws him he's not the PhD level football savant I was led to believe he was haha. Just set him up with me and I'll get him caught up, will tiger dad him. Kid's never learned under a South Asian roof lol. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Joe Douglas was the GM of the worst Jets team since 1996 and the second worst team in Jets history.   He was hired by Adam Gase.

SAR I

Truth.

It's easy to fall in love with a draft.  We did it last year too, remember?  Until these guys show they are studs, Joe Douglas' report card looks like this:

2019 FA:  D

2020 FA:  D

2020 Draft:  C

2021 FA:  N/A

2022 Draft:  N/A

And if you add up the quality players we've lost like Jamal Adams, and the players we've gifted to others, like Leonard Williams, Joe Douglas' Jets tenure to date here in Year 3 is a D.

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Ironically I think he is the only first draft pick from the 2020 NFL Draft not signed. 

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS 

It's not ironic, it's J E T S, Jets Jets Jets.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean does anyone actually believe that this is the Jets fault>? His agents are notorious for thier contract holdouts...they are making a stink about standard offset language. that is the problem. The Jets are just like wft why would we do that, that is BS>...take this garunteed money and show up to camp zach---

Zach is all like well my agents advise against it. Give me a break, they will sign but this is not the Jets asking some crazy thing...just sign the damn thing and get with your team..

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Your rookie day one starter missing valuable practice time, being the only draft pick not signed, and being behind the 8 ball is kind of a fiasco, but to each their own.

It’s the reason why Darnold sucked!

  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He’s right in that the fiasco is on Douglas.  He’s wrong if he honestly believes that ownership isn’t involved whatsoever.

I believe, and tell me if you don't, that if Joe Douglas jumped up and down on the conference table and screamed expletives at Woody Johnson and Hymie Elhai until his face turned blue making it 100% clear that Zach Wilson needed to be in camp by noon tomorrow that the Jets brass would acquiesce and allow him to finalize the deal this very minute.

Joe Douglas is The Football Man of Florham Park.  They have committed to him for 6 years.  If he wanted Zach here passionately enough, he'd be here.

SAR I

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CSNY said:

I do believe that JD has full autonomy over all things Jets football regarding whom to sign as a free agent whom to draft who to hire in front office who to hire as coach but I really don’t think he has absolute power of the check book. If he did I believe this situation would have been resolved prior to training camp opening. 
I guess we all will never be certain on why Zach isn’t on time and who is to blame but we all know that we gotta get him signed and in camp ASAP. All sides need to give in for the good of the franchise and it’s long suffering fan base 

You may be right, but contract negotiations are the GM's responsibility.  I don't recall Ozzie Newsome passing the buck on player contracts.  The buck stopped with him.  We give JD full credit for all the favorable deals, so we need to give JD discredit for this particular situation.

Playing hardball with Zach Wilson is the wrong thing to do at this juncture in team history.  It's wrong for the players who are excited about this week, it's wrong for the optics to the media who are crushing us again, and it's wrong for the fans who have just endured the year from hell atop the decade from hell.  We deserve better than this.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You may be right, but contract negotiations are the GM's responsibility.  I don't recall Ozzie Newsome passing the buck on player contracts.  The buck stopped with him. 

Peter Boulware held out and Modell took most of the responsibility for it. Eerily similar situation too.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I believe, and tell me if you don't, that if Joe Douglas jumped up and down on the conference table and screamed expletives at Woody Johnson and Hymie Elhai until his face turned blue making it 100% clear that Zach Wilson needed to be in camp by noon tomorrow that the Jets brass would acquiesce and allow him to finalize the deal this very minute.

Joe Douglas is The Football Man of Florham Park.  They have committed to him for 6 years.  If he wanted Zach here passionately enough, he'd be here.

SAR I

Perhaps if Gase insisted, not sure about JD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I believe, and tell me if you don't, that if Joe Douglas jumped up and down on the conference table and screamed expletives at Woody Johnson and Hymie Elhai until his face turned blue making it 100% clear that Zach Wilson needed to be in camp by noon tomorrow that the Jets brass would acquiesce and allow him to finalize the deal this very minute.

Joe Douglas is The Football Man of Florham Park.  They have committed to him for 6 years.  If he wanted Zach here passionately enough, he'd be here.

SAR I

No.  I don’t.  So I’ll end that question there.

I don’t believe that you honestly believe the stuff you are saying about Douglas either so let’s just leave it at that because I’m not getting baited into a disagreement on what I believe to be a schtick.  I’ll leave that for someone else lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You may be right, but contract negotiations are the GM's responsibility.  I don't recall Ozzie Newsome passing the buck on player contracts.  The buck stopped with him.  We give JD full credit for all the favorable deals, so we need to give JD discredit for this particular situation.

Playing hardball with Zach Wilson is the wrong thing to do at this juncture in team history.  It's wrong for the players who are excited about this week, it's wrong for the optics to the media who are crushing us again, and it's wrong for the fans who have just endured the year from hell atop the decade from hell.  We deserve better than this.

SAR I

I do agree with half of this post Ozzie quite possibly ( and in all probability) did have absolute authority over all operations including the check book different owners operate their teams in different ways. Given the history of the Woody Johnson-ownership , with his really ass backwards way of having both the GM and Head Coach reporting directly to him I can’t lay blame solely on JD’s shoulders with the precedent they themselves set     Johnson’s gotta be Johnson’s 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Valuable time?  Hes going to get as many snaps in every practice as he can handle without his arm falling off.  Unless this goes on and on he isnt going to miss any valuable time.

Hell, Darnold missed 3 practices and started out fine.  

He just missed an entire day of meetings, practice, and anything else on the coaching agenda.

Tomorrow will be 2 days.

That time is valuable.  Sorry that you disagree.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t believe that you honestly believe the stuff you are saying about Douglas either so let’s just leave it at that because I’m not getting baited into a disagreement on what I believe to be a schtick.

Those are my honest opinions.  I do not think he is great.  I think he is promising *if* he killed this draft and free agent period, but to date his only accomplishments have been gutting the roster and picking a no-brainer tackle.  Jury is still out.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

This. 
 

Who said Douglas has full control? And what does that even mean? What does it mean to a Johnson?

When you work for a bad company your toughest battles are always from within.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I mean does anyone actually believe that this is the Jets fault>? His agents are notorious for thier contract holdouts...they are making a stink about standard offset language. that is the problem. The Jets are just like wft why would we do that, that is BS>...take this garunteed money and show up to camp zach---

Zach is all like well my agents advise against it. Give me a break, they will sign but this is not the Jets asking some crazy thing...just sign the damn thing and get with your team..

Uhh, #1 and #3 overall have it in their contracts. Why is it crazy that #2 wants it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Those are my honest opinions.  I do not think he is great.  I think he is promising *if* he killed this draft and free agent period, but to date his only accomplishments have been gutting the roster and picking a no-brainer tackle.  Jury is still out.

SAR I

Disagree with that opinion, but fair enough.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

there’s like a half-dozen posters here whose whole thing is running some tired shtick into the ground, and this thread is their Woodstock

Lol

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Your rookie day one starter missing valuable practice time, being the only draft pick not signed, and being behind the 8 ball is kind of a fiasco, but to each their own.

When your forced to have Mike White take 1st team reps at QB that’s a fiasco in and of itself 🥴

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

People need to Relax. This is all part of the plan. The other players need a few days of practice to catch up with Zach, who has already digested the new playbook, and the Jets coaching staff is still figuring out how to allocate Gregg Knapp's job duties.

If there ever was a time and a QB who could afford to miss his first 2 or 3 days of pro practice, this is it. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's funny how casual some of you are with millions of other peoples actual dollars.

Maybe you should pay Wilson those "nickels and dimes" if it's no big deal, eh?

Wow, so a team who literally gave that dumb deal to another player then watched him bust horribly doesn;t want to give the same deal to the next guy. 

Shocking, really.  

That's more about picking the right guys and coaches than it is about contract offsets.

We'll see soon enough, today's little melodrama aside, if Wilson is that guy or not.

Probably.  

If you haven’t already, read Jason’s article on why what the Jets are doing is nonsense. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He just missed an entire day of meetings, practice, and anything else on the coaching agenda.

Tomorrow will be 2 days.

That time is valuable.  Sorry that you disagree.

And it wont make a bit of difference.  

I disagree.  If one or three practices make a difference, hes a bust 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You may be right, but contract negotiations are the GM's responsibility.  I don't recall Ozzie Newsome passing the buck on player contracts.  The buck stopped with him.

And when and where has JD ever passed the buck?  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Claymation said:

 

 

Theres a braindead take.

Or they could have gotten him in on time, no vet and Zach could get injured and miss the entire season.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He just missed an entire day of meetings, practice, and anything else on the coaching agenda.

Is Zach Wilson such a fringe prospect that the loss of a day will ruin him this year?  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, slats said:

If you haven’t already, read Jason’s article on why what the Jets are doing is nonsense. 

I didn't see that post, do you have a link to it (or the article).  Appreciated in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...