Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..

6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

exactly...

Zach through his agent has chosen not to be there....in hind sight 10 years from now, no one will remember BUT just stupid from the players side and to be given this bad advice. 

He should be here. 

Why should Zach accept one iota less than #3 overall?

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

No one said anything about him being a bust. That doesn’t mean it’s good to have him on a different page than the rest of the offense.  That’s bad.  This isn’t rocket science guys.

Im saying if 3 days keeps him on a different page, causes him problems, he has issues 

Zack is simply asking for all the cash he is entitled to being the number 2 pick. The number something he can’t negotiate as the CBA dictates the low contract amount. Yes the 35.2 million is a bargain! Just think back to 2010 and Sam Bradord getting 78 million for 6 years with $50 million guaranteed.

JD or the Johnsons are embarrassing the themselves over a couple hundred grand if Zack busts. It’s penny wise and pound foolish. If Zack busts JD will be out the door before Zack. You can simply pass on the off set language because he is a number 2 pick. If the Jets are picking inside the top five in the next few years JD will be long gone.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

No, you never said bust.  But you were expressing great concern over him missing a day.  

I expect a great prospect to be able to absorb missing a day.  Do you not?

Is a single day going to put him "on a different page" in a lasting way?

Is that something a great prospect cannot recover form over all the other days of practice and preseason before opening day?

I'd agree it's not rocket science.  If Zach misses a week or more, thats a problem.  A day?  Even I think Zach can overcome the loss of a single day or two, and I'm one of the biggest Zach "show me" guys on this site.

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Im saying if 3 days keeps him on a different page, causes him problems, he has issues 

1.  If a student misses a couple of classes, are they on the same page as the rest of the class?  I don’t think so.  Sure he can overcome a few days, but it’s still not good.

2. (Redacted; see below)

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1.  If a student misses a couple of classes, are they on the same page as the rest of the class?  I don’t think so.  Sure he can overcome a few days, but it’s still not good.

2. (Redacted; see below)

Hes played in a similar system

Hes had practices with the team before

Hes practiced with WR on their own time

Its not a student missing all new material while the rest of the class has absorbed it all. 

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Well scratch this second part because I just got some very hopeful news.  I’m working on it, but I’m off the ledge for now, let’s say that. I should probably check my text messages before posting from this point going forward.

This sounds encouraging.  Time to start refreshing my twitter feed every couple of minutes.

Maybe just maybe this is all planned. We know the Jets need a veteran QB on this team - so maybe they want to see which of the 2 bozo's they are going to keep along with the Vet so they are giving the bozo's a few days of 1/2 the reps to see which one they like better. 

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

Maybe just maybe this is all planned. We know the Jets need a veteran QB on this team - so maybe they want to see which of the 2 bozo's they are going to keep along with the Vet so they are giving the bozo's a few days of 1/2 the reps to see which one they like better. 

Theyre going to dump a QB off of a 90 min practice without pads?

No, that doesnt work

3 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I actually thought this too.  Zach shows up on Friday and ready to practice Sat.  Gives them 3 full days to evaluate morgan and white mike.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

No he doesn’t.

Timing is incredibly important at the QB position and he needs every rep that he can get. He needs to be there.

Its not going to ruin his career but it’s going to make his first season more complicated than it needs to be and a rookie season is already complicated enough.

28 minutes ago, Facts said:

No he doesn’t.

Timing is incredibly important at the QB position and he needs every rep that he can get. He needs to be there.

Its not going to ruin his career but it’s going to make his first season more complicated than it needs to be and a rookie season is already complicated enough.

And theres more time than needed to get all his throwing in.  

His first season isnt going to become complicated because he misses a day of two of throwing.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And theres more time than needed to get all his throwing in.  

His first season isnt going to become complicated because he misses a day of two of throwing.  

If it’s only a day or two, I agree.

What if it becomes a week or two? 

When you are bad enough to pick 2 in the Draft, you really don't have much bargaining position.  

The player you pick is supposed to be a great player.  So if he busts, the likely reason is that the team did not develop or support the player.  So yes, maybe Wilson says screw you, you are not saving money in offsets, because you messed my career up and I had to move before year 4.   That is what I would say.

My guess is that is the way Darnold feels now.  

When you pick a QB top 5, or top 3, and his agent wants to push for no offsets, I think you have to cave.  This does not set precedent.  You pick lower than that, you tell the player to take the offset, or wait at home.   If Wilson misses tomorrow that is 10% of Training Camp.

• Thumb Down 1

Lawrence has no offsets.

Lance has partial offsets.

This could be as easy as saying 'split the difference'.  If Lance got 50%, then give Wilson 25% (and Lawrence got 0%).  That's a simple way for everyone to save face and stop fighting over something that means very, very little in reality. 

It really could be that simple.  Unless the Jets or Wilson's agent are determined to prove some inane point.

Honestly, the NFL and NFLPA would do the rookies a HUGE favor by codifying offsets and bonus schedules so there's nothing left to negotiate.  Then rookies could sign deals without having to pay agents at all.  Everyone wins but the agents and nobody gives a sh-t about them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

Have you actually listened to Saleh? He does not want a veteran backup

2 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Lol that's so serious 8D chess right there.

34 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Have you actually listened to Saleh? He does not want a veteran backup

Yea, the Adam Gase school of coaching. If you don't have a viable backup and your starter misses games then you can't be blamed for sucking and get one more year! 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Lawrence has no offsets.

Lance has partial offsets.

This could be as easy as saying 'split the difference'.  If Lance got 50%, then give Wilson 25% (and Lawrence got 0%).  That's a simple way for everyone to save face and stop fighting over something that means very, very little in reality. 

It really could be that simple.  Unless the Jets or Wilson's agent are determined to prove some inane point.

Honestly, the NFL and NFLPA would do the rookies a HUGE favor by codifying offsets and bonus schedules so there's nothing left to negotiate.  Then rookies could sign deals without having to pay agents at all.  Everyone wins but the agents and nobody gives a sh-t about them.

Or maybe JD should just be the adult and responsible GM and give him none.