Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not gonna put a concrete timetable out there because I learned my lesson with the Saleh sh*t lmao, but there has been significant enough progress made in the last few hours that I can confidently say that I’m off the ledge for now.  As always, this stuff is fluid, but I’m happier now than I was around the time practice kicked off.

FWIW I don’t think you’ll miss anything if you go to bed soon.

I can confirm. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

If a student misses a couple of classes, are they on the same page as the rest of the class?  I don’t think so.  Sure he can overcome a few days, but it’s still not good.

I get where you were trying to go with this but it's a terrible analogy. I've had students miss multiple weeks, let alone a couple classes, and they're fine. 100% dependent on the person.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not gonna put a concrete timetable out there because I learned my lesson with the Saleh sh*t lmao, but there has been significant enough progress made in the last few hours that I can confidently say that I’m off the ledge for now.  As always, this stuff is fluid, but I’m happier now than I was around the time practice kicked off.

FWIW I don’t think you’ll miss anything if you go to bed soon.

Eagerly awaiting your update...

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Learned your lesson?

Now youre making sh*t up.  lol

I did catch the two of you engaging in some familial bickering a page or two ago. Tepid as it was, it's the most entertaining part of the thread by far imo.

The problem is you've got that underlying loyalty and respect for each other going on, which capped an otherwise potentially entertaining virtual death match with your tiresome civility towards one another.

boo-boooo-boo.jpg

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I did catch the two of you engaging in some familial bickering a page or two ago. Tepid as it was, it's the most entertaining part of the thread by far imo.

The problem is you've got that underlying loyalty and respect for each other going on, which capped an otherwise potentially entertaining virtual death match with your tiresome civility towards one another.

boo-boooo-boo.jpg

Yes sir, you captured the situation perfectly.   As entertaining as entertaining as it might have been for others, the virtual death match would have gotten too bloody.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I stopped opening this thread days ago, and am not reading through 25+ more pages (half of it apparently DWC's musings, it would seem), so I skipped about 20 pages in the middle lol. Apologize in advance for not crediting any part here that others already brought up. Here's my take:

Ordinarily on basic principle, offset language should be in every contract. If you're getting paid by a new team, you don't also need to get paid that same $ by the team who cut you, after they invested so much in you already, because you're so terrible that no one would trade anything for you, and given that your guaranteed salary is a sunk cost, it means you're not even deemed worthy of a roster spot. 

Except this isn't ordinary.

1. Off the bat, any analogies to real life employment go out the window because a high profile rookie isn't free to pick his employer in the NFL. He was drafted, and the Jets surely weren't his optimal choice (perhaps not even his 30th choice) this past winter. If Wilson was free to negotiate with all employers in his field like everyone else, it's an uphill argument to suggest no other team would remove offset language to sign him either. So any "in your job would you expect..." arguments are asinine; lmao as though anyone with his leverage would take less than he could get, in employment based on use of a rare but nonetheless perishable skill, that further comes with high risk of permanent injury to shorten it further (or worse).

2. Right now they're about to throw $1MM (essentially the likely offset amount itself, in the unlikely event it'd ever kick in) on the likes of Josh Johnson. Not to get out of paying it to Wilson instead, which is bad enough, but to get out of the minuscule possibility of possibly paying it to Wilson instead, 3 years from now, by another GM, after the league's salary cap rises by some $40MM higher than it is in 2021. And it would be that minimum-salary amount, since (with offset language in place) there's no incentive to pay Wilson more than that if he's deemed so terrible that he has no trade value (not even if the Jets agree to absorb all but $1MM of his remaining contract in exchange for a conditional 7th round pick). This is what happened with Bell last year, and with Faneca a decade earlier. The new team pays the vet minimum and that's the entire offset. It's not millions. But that million is far more significant to Wilson than the team.

3. They're already getting him at a huge discount that made taking him that much less risky in the first place: the owners fought for and got a rookie cap put into place. I'm very much in favor of that, for multiple reasons, but the offset amount they're squabbling over isn't even a rounding number on a single year's salary cap. They're getting him for at least half what he'd have been under the prior CBA terms, and even under the current one they're getting a young FQB locked in at 60-75% off the going rate for his veteran counterparts. Yawn about precedent-setting in such a situation that anyone can see is unique and not applicable to other positions/players.

4. All this is only made worse that - if I understand this correctly - the #1 and #3 picks both have no-offset language in their  signed contracts, making the Jets the outlier not the player.

The impasse is obviously going to end, and will probably end soon at that. Outside of the purely theoretical discussion that a future injury wouldn't have occurred otherwise (butterfly effect stuff) this amount of time delay with the team won't change his career trajectory one way or another. But given all the dumb voluntary things in which the team is and has been freely willing to engage, to me this seems a stupid hill for the team to die upon.

Applause 

• Sympathy 2

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Damn kids

When the Jets took the lead late vs the Raiders you should have heard him freaking over Lawrence.

Then he outdid himself when the Jets beat the Rams.

Something about he was done with the team, he would never watch them again. 

I let him vent for a while.  

Kids are so entertaining 

nuclear explosion GIF

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

When the Jets took the lead late vs the Raiders you should have heard him freaking over Lawrence.

Kids are so entertaining 

nuclear explosion GIF

If you don’t go from excitement to the world is ending a week after you’re living life wrong.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

Yeah

F the agents really. Doesn't Zach know he is being a toy in his agents long game? Shame on you kid.  

In the vast majority of contract talks, the player has no to little leverage and the GM's give the Agents "the business". So, I can find room to forgive an Agent insisting on getting what he can when he has all the leverage.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dinamite said:

Eagerly awaiting your update...

Best (or worst depending on your viewpoint) update I can give is that I don’t think he’ll be at practice today, but, again, I’m still hopeful that this doesn’t linger much longer (based on what I consider “longer” lol)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Happy Birthday.!

10 hours ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Happy birthday 

9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Ayyyyyy happy birthday!!!

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Happy bday!

Thank you.  And with that, my 6th decade on earth has come to a close.  5th straight without a SB appearance and 2nd of 6 without a playoff appearance.

Lets get Zach signed today and decade 7 will be off to a really nice start.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Best (or worst depending on your viewpoint) update I can give is that I don’t think he’ll be at practice today, but, again, I’m still hopeful that this doesn’t linger much longer (based on what I consider “longer” lol)

I’m guessing he will be at practice Saturday?? 

Applause 
Honestly... it's the number 3 pick signing with no offset that made your arguments more reasonable ... aside from that fact ... setting precedent when dealing with agents is one of the most important things an organization ... especially one with the history of the Jets ... can do.

In the current situation ... there is absolutely zero reason this has not been resolved already. Give them what they want and get him in camp.

(Just realised I was quoting Irish when it should have been Sperm)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Im thinking he shows up Friday, signs and will be ready for Saturday’s practice.

Joe D wins again!

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

When it’s confirmed he is on his uncles Jet that’s when it’s time to exhale.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thank you.  And with that, my 6th decade on earth has come to a close.  5th straight without a SB appearance and 2nd of 6 without a playoff appearance.

Happy birthday man! Hope you get that birthday wish. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Happy Birthday!!    

I turned 50 last year and that was a tough one for me.  Something about 50 really got me...Lol.  

It’s also been 41 years since the last Georgia National Championship, just had to throw that in there..Lol 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Barkus said:

I’m guessing he will be at practice Saturday?? 

16 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im thinking he shows up Friday, signs and will be ready for Saturday’s practice.

Joe D wins again!

16 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

When it’s confirmed he is on his uncles Jet that’s when it’s time to exhale.

Like I said last night, after getting burned on the fluidity of negotiations with the Saleh situation, I’m hesitant to put any sort of concrete date out there, despite being told by 2 people when they think it will be.  It caused chaos and, quite frankly, stress for me.  I think the best thing I can say is that I made it pretty clear that I was pessimistic and pissed yesterday, and that, as of right now, I’m no longer feeling that way.

• Upvote 3

Happy Birthday!!    

I turned 50 last year and that was a tough one for me.  Something about 50 really got me...Lol.  
Yeah death getting closer does that. 50 sucked ... 53 was a bit better.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Like I said last night, after getting burned on the fluidity of negotiations with the Saleh situation, I’m hesitant to put any sort of concrete date out there, despite being told by 2 people when they think it will be.  It caused chaos and, quite frankly, stress for me.  I think the best thing I can say is that I made it pretty clear yesterday that I was pessimistic and pissed yesterday and that I’m no longer feeling that way as of right now.

Any idea if it’s over offsets or bonus upfront?

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

Happy Birthday, many more!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Any idea if it’s over offsets or bonus upfront?

I’ll be honest, I don’t know yet.  I don’t usually get those types of details until after the dotted line has been signed; so before the public, but not far enough in advance to where I can say that here right now.

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Kids are so entertaining 

nuclear explosion GIF

Youth is wasted on the young.

• Upvote 1