Zach represented by Bosa's team and JD won't budge..

I don’t see where this is all that much different than any other top draft pick. As long as he gets to camp on time it’s a non issue.  As for whatever these offsets are or mean, it sounds like he wants his guaranteed money up front and paid over year 1 or 2 and then the balance, which will be pretty low, in years 3 and 4. He’s probably setting up the renegotiation/extension after year 3.  It’s almost a moot point because it’s doubtful the jets are going to give him at least 3 seasons before offering an extension or even fifth year option.  We’ll see.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Probably. Zach zoomed up mock draft boards largely based on Jets reported interest in him. The experts are trailing, not leading, indicators.

True. There was a time when the "experts" thought Wilson at 2 was crazy until they started watching tape. 

The 49ers would have taken Wilson and reports said Carolina was only interested in trading to 3 if Wilson would be there, so the Jets scouts saw something others did as well.

This year's QB class will make a great 30 for 30 someday.  There will be drama and all the 21 QBs will be compared forever. 

27 minutes ago, ChickenLittle said:

Zach Wilson is not going to sign. The Jets are not going to win the Super Bowl this year again, ever. 

Oh he'll sign. Maybe a week late, maybe a few days. But that's reps. Reps we we're told by our coach (and that we all know) are important. Every day he's not in there is lost reps. The supposed reason we haven't brought in an experienced vet is because we have to give Zach as many of those precious reps he can get. So, you can set up a strawman that anyone expressing any concern over him not getting to camp on time is a chicken little, but to scoff at the notion that lost reps puts our possible franchise QB at a disadvantage heading into his rookie campaign, is ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

FWIW - Zach's mom....who usually posts 50 times a day on Instagram.  Has gone silent.  Crickets from her over the last 19 hours.

Hmmmmmmm....... ??

She was out rolling with Luke Falk's mom.  Give her a day to get back in the swing.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Does anyone remember who caved on the Darnold negotiations for his mini holdout?

Different front office but I'm curious if it was a Johnson bros. edict.

It's posted a page earlier as a screenshot if you want to see the full details,  but Darnold basically got the Lawrence deal. 

Offsets were out of the discussion long before they closed the deal.  It sounds like the holdout was to remove making the deal voidable for a fine.  I hope there isn't a holdout for something small like that.  The rookie payscale needed to be fixed and it was.  This seems greedy to me by the teams. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The mere fact that he avoided paying Jamal Adams $20M a year and got two 1sts and a 3rd from a respected org like the Seahawks made him a pretty good GM on its own.  Meanwhile, he hired a very well-respected, highly desired candidate in Robert Saleh, whose defensive strategy and offensive assistants all come from a highly successful system.  

I get that people need to see the results before they believe in him, but FFS, the roster and coaching staff already look worlds better than it has in nearly a decade.  He's doing the job, and its going to pay off.

What do people expect lol. As time goes on, more evidence comes in. His biggest ****up so far (depending on your view) was letting Robbie go. On the other side of the scale are several things that outweigh it. Three examples being getting a ridiculous haul for Adams from The Seahawks who are tasting the bitter fruit of buyer’s remorse as we speak, getting a 2nd and change for the worst rated QB in the league over the last three season, and finally doing or saying the right things to get a red hot coaching candidate to the Jets. When is the last time that happened? Parcells? And Leon Hess was a beneficiary of Parcells being on a personal “screw Kraft” vendetta ride.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The mere fact that he avoided paying Jamal Adams $20M a year and got two 1sts and a 3rd from a respected org like the Seahawks made him a pretty good GM on its own.  Meanwhile, he hired a very well-respected, highly desired candidate in Robert Saleh, whose defensive strategy and offensive assistants all come from a highly successful system.  

I get that people need to see the results before they believe in him, but FFS, the roster and coaching staff already look worlds better than it has in nearly a decade.  He's doing the job, and its going to pay off.

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

What do people expect lol. As time goes on, more evidence comes in. His biggest ****up so far (depending on your view) was letting Robbie go. On the other side of the scale are several things that outweigh it. Three examples being getting a ridiculous haul for Adams from The Seahawks who are tasting the bitter fruit of buyer’s remorse as we speak, getting a 2nd and change for the worst rated QB in the league over the last three season, and finally doing or saying the right things to get a red hot coaching candidate to the Jets. When is the last time that happened? Parcells? And Leon Hess was a beneficiary of Parcells being on a personal “screw Kraft” vendetta ride.

Pretty much all of this.  If JD bombs I will no longer doubt that Joe Namath sold his soul for a Super Bowl.

• Upvote 2

On 7/21/2021 at 9:36 AM, Facts said:

I am completely confused why anyone thinks JD is a good GM. I have seen nothing that points to this being the truth.

I'm completely confused at this post where nothing points to him not being good other than your post.  

Bills fan?  Fins?  Which is it?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, ChickenLittle said:

Zach Wilson is not going to sign. The Jets are not going to win the Super Bowl this year again, ever. 

The Bills are not going to win the Super Bowl this year again, ever. 

Oh wait, thats wrong.