Jump to content

RB Michael Carter is going to be a beast


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My daughter went to UNC.  Bought her a Coples jersey...   didn't go so well.   Hope you are right with this kid!!!!!

I hope we are not forgetting with all this hold out contract stalling talks that we did sign our 4th selection Mr. Michael Carter - who is going to dominate! They say 4th rounders dont usually show up

if you are a jets fan over 40 the only acceptable opinion on any rookie is...don't tell me...show me.

Posted Images

This is messed up because I was banging the drum for Carter before the draft but he isn't Dalvin Cook he's not gonna give you 100 yards every week...he's a 10 carry 5 catch a game type player and these types of players can also take a few years to pop.  If you are expecting a top 5 type running back I think you are gonna be disappointed.  

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, undertow said:

This is messed up because I was banging the drum for Carter before the draft but he isn't Dalvin Cook he's not gonna give you 100 yards every week...he's a 10 carry 5 catch a game type player and these types of players can also take a few years to pop.  If you are expecting a top 5 type running back I think you are gonna be disappointed.  

I dont think the team plans on that type of back.  They've said they want to spread the load, which is honestly better for the player, it leads to longer careers.

I could see him with 160-170 carries for 7

800ish yards, maybe 30 receptions.   Which equates to about 10 carries, 2 catches a game woth a decent per carry average.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I hope we are not forgetting with all this hold out contract stalling talks that we did sign our 4th selection Mr. Michael Carter - who is going to dominate! They say 4th rounders dont usually show up on game day but this is not a typical 4th rounder. We go some luck and had our guy available late becasue of other teams having different priorities - just dumb luck really. This kid has the talent and ability to start day 1. But as we say in SF I would bet he is going to get a couple touches to see if he can get hot. When he starts piling up 5 and 10 yard gashes in the opposing team def and then rips a long 25 yard plus play I think it will be all but done. 

Week 1 he will play good with 50 60 yards and TD. By week two he is going to 90 plus almost every game

Kid is going to be a folcal point of the team and off. 

agree - loved this pick. In this offense he will flourish.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I dont think the team plans on that type of back.  They've said they want to spread the load, which is honestly better for the player, it leads to longer careers.

I could see him with 160-170 carries for 7

800ish yards, maybe 30 receptions.   Which equates to about 10 carries, 2 catches a game woth a decent per carry average.

Yeah which would be great. 

It's tough for me to see big play potential of college players in the NFL, but he looks like a guy who will also deliver a few long touchdowns. I love a good home run threat. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I dont think the team plans on that type of back.  They've said they want to spread the load, which is honestly better for the player, it leads to longer careers.

I could see him with 160-170 carries for 7

800ish yards, maybe 30 receptions.   Which equates to about 10 carries, 2 catches a game woth a decent per carry average.

Yeah that's the type of player he is and that's the system we are running....I'm just saying some fans are getting ahead of themselves and think he's gonna be some bell cow type back who rips off 150 yards per game.   I see Raheem Mouster type of production and it may take him a few years to get going.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, undertow said:

This is messed up because I was banging the drum for Carter before the draft but he isn't Dalvin Cook he's not gonna give you 100 yards every week...he's a 10 carry 5 catch a game type player and these types of players can also take a few years to pop.  If you are expecting a top 5 type running back I think you are gonna be disappointed.  

Disagree. I’ve watched enough of him to know he’s got Ekler with more muscle ceiling…. I think you need a COP back to go with him, a Marion Barber if you will. A closer. But don’t limit him to 10 carries. That’s erroneous

this offense though tends to rotate through backs, with situational roles. Guess we’ll see what Lafleur’s version is. Still need a Jeff Wilson. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Week 1 he will play good with 50 60 yards and TD. By week two he is going to 90 plus almost every game

A 1500 yard rookie season?

Nice.

I dont believe it but nice.  I like him and cant wait to see him but that might be reaching a little to high

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Disagree. I’ve watched enough of him to know he’s got Ekler with more muscle ceiling…. I think you need a COP back to go with him, a Marion Barber if you will. A closer. But don’t limit him to 10 carries. That’s erroneous

this offense though tends to rotate through backs, with situational roles. Guess we’ll see what Lafleur’s version is. Still need a Jeff Wilson. 

I don't see Carter as being as explosive as Ekler or the pass catcher he is...pretty sure Ekler had 1000 receiving yards a few years back.   Who knows I'm not a scout I just don't see a every down back who's gonna give you 100 yards per game.  600-800 yards rushing and 300 yards receiving is kinda what I see and that's fine with me.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets are going with a committee approach this season.  Michael Carter, Tevin Coleman, La'Mical Perine, and Ty Johnson are all going to get snaps and touches in this offense.

I like Carter, but unless forced by injury, he is simply not going to see the volume necessary to be a "beast," at least not this season.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Disagree. I’ve watched enough of him to know he’s got Ekler with more muscle ceiling…. I think you need a COP back to go with him, a Marion Barber if you will. A closer. But don’t limit him to 10 carries. That’s erroneous
this offense though tends to rotate through backs, with situational roles. Guess we’ll see what Lafleur’s version is. Still need a Jeff Wilson. 

I would have Carter & Johnson split carries as our lightning for the 1 st 3 quarters and have Adams closing the deal as our thunder in the 4 th


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, undertow said:

I don't see Carter as being as explosive as Ekler or the pass catcher he is...pretty sure Ekler had 1000 receiving yards a few years back.   Who knows I'm not a scout I just don't see a every down back who's gonna give you 100 yards per game.  600-800 yards rushing and 300 yards receiving is kinda what I see and that's fine with me.

Some of the that is just his deployment at UNC. SB provided a nice preview of being asked to grind between the tackles. 

I would pursue a bruiser to rotate with him for time being. We’ll  see what 16 (is it 17 now) games looks like. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:


I would have Carter & Johnson split carries as our lightning for the 1 st 3 quarters and have Adams closing the deal as our thunder in the 4 th


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I don’t want to sound like a bad fan, but if all of our backs sauf Carter were cut tomorrow, I might not even fart. Coleman is a ghost of crushes past, Perine looks like Florida was an aberration, and the other two are JAGs. Ty would be a decent change up RB3. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

RB’s are irrelevant in the NFL haven’t you heard. 

Unless you don't like the QB, then the RB gets all the credit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, undertow said:

This is messed up because I was banging the drum for Carter before the draft but he isn't Dalvin Cook he's not gonna give you 100 yards every week...he's a 10 carry 5 catch a game type player and these types of players can also take a few years to pop.  If you are expecting a top 5 type running back I think you are gonna be disappointed.  

He fits in perfectly here.  This is going to be RB by committee and that will afford his fresh legs the opportunity to maximize his strengths. 

I used to care about "Our Guy"  winning the rushing title or gettin 1000 yrds etc. Now I don't care if 4 guys have 500 each. As long as it leads to wins. Carter will have plenty of opportunity in this offense. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

He fits in perfectly here.  This is going to be RB by committee and that will afford his fresh legs the opportunity to maximize his strengths. 

I used to care about "Our Guy"  winning the rushing title or gettin 1000 yrds etc. Now I don't care if 4 guys have 500 each. As long as it leads to wins. Carter will have plenty of opportunity in this offense. 

I agree 100 percent I don't care about "our guy" and I'm a fan of his....I'm just tempering expectation of fans that think he's Dalvin Cook as you can see by predictions in this post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jets0712 said:


I would have Carter & Johnson split carries as our lightning for the 1 st 3 quarters and have Adams closing the deal as our thunder in the 4 th


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That is a great way to do it, I'm not sure how often the Jets will be closing games out in the 4th next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For all you guys who say carter is not the bell cow etc..have you seen the Off in SF? THis kid has all the talent in the world and sure might not get 30 touches a game but 20 I can see for sure. And like i said 80 90 Plus yards again with chuncks..just like the backs in SF. Unlike SF we dont have a couple crazy talented guys to rotate. Carter will be getting that work with breathers..

This kid is 1200-1500 yards this season. Book it

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, undertow said:

This is messed up because I was banging the drum for Carter before the draft but he isn't Dalvin Cook he's not gonna give you 100 yards every week...he's a 10 carry 5 catch a game type player and these types of players can also take a few years to pop.  If you are expecting a top 5 type running back I think you are gonna be disappointed.  

He doesnt have to be Dalvan cook! he is going to get more than 10 carries, obviously. But Top 5 in the league sure I agree, he is not that but a guy who can get it done - on 20 plays a week no problem. Gase is not calling the plays anymore bro

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

The Jets are going with a committee approach this season.  Michael Carter, Tevin Coleman, La'Mical Perine, and Ty Johnson are all going to get snaps and touches in this offense.

I like Carter, but unless forced by injury, he is simply not going to see the volume necessary to be a "beast," at least not this season.

That’s what I think; pure committee, hot hand gets the ball. I see Coleman as the designated 3rd down back, and Ty Johnson given the chance to lead the team in rushing. It’s a little crowded with young talent, which is nice. RB should be a young man’s game. 

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Unless you don't like the QB, then the RB gets all the credit.

Panthers prediction? :D 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, slats said:

That’s what I think; pure committee, hot hand gets the ball. I see Coleman as the designated 3rd down back, and Ty Johnson given the chance to lead the team in rushing. It’s a little crowded with young talent, which is nice. RB should be a young man’s game. 

Panthers prediction? :D 

Nope. Still going with the vastly more likely result that Darnold is who we think he is. However, two predictions: (1) should he beat the odds and do well, his defenders will not accept a discounting of his success due to CMAC; and (2) should CMAC miss time, that will be blamed on Darnold being the same guy he's been since USC.

I'd bet on Darnold with odds. Straight up? Easy bet. He will suck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if I buy that bit about 4th rounders. It feels like every year there are really good players to be had in the 4th round and the better rosters in the league are usually the ones teams that can find them.

 If there is one position where "4th rounders don't show up" isn't applicable, it's definitely RB. All over the league, there are really good RBs from the later rounds of the draft. Every year typically the best rookie RB ends up being from the mid to later rounds. 

I'm a strong advocate for not taking a RB before round 3. The exception being if you're already a stacked roster that's contending. I.e. I have no problem if a team like TB used their late 1st on a RB, the way the Chiefs did the year before after winning the superbowl. 

I'm excited to see what Carter can do this year. Seemed like most analysts were calling him a steal in rd 4. If you watch the Take Flight videos, there are clips of meetings prior to the draft where the scouts were talking about MC and how there was no way he would last past the 3rd. Douglas was talking about the trade for AVT and said one of the toughest parts of that decision was knowing they were giving up their chance to draft MC. Him falling to the 4th was a dream come true for them. Much the same way that when trading for AVT, they felt certain they were giving up their chance to draft Moore. Him falling to the 2nd was another miracle for them. I don't know what's more exciting - The fact that they loved AVT so much that they were willing to trade for him "knowing" they were losing out on 2 other players they loved or the fact that they traded for AVT and STILL got both those other players!!!

I don't know how the 2nd half of this draft will work out but I really believe that JD has quite possibly completely turned around our entire offense with picks 1-4. In 2-3 years we very well could be looking back at this draft as the turning point...

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chirorob said:

I dont think the team plans on that type of back.  They've said they want to spread the load, which is honestly better for the player, it leads to longer careers.

I could see him with 160-170 carries for 7

800ish yards, maybe 30 receptions.   Which equates to about 10 carries, 2 catches a game woth a decent per carry average.

Agree 100% with this prediction. I expect them to go heavily with a committe approach. I also think that Lefleur with his background is likely a good OC to be able to run this system effectively. You also need a play caller that is able to know how and when to use which back. It's hard to say RB A gets 40% of touches, B gets 30%, etc. Some RBs really rely on getting into a rhythm. Ty Johnson might be like that given how much more productive he looked in the game where he replaced Gore. Also need to have a feel of who needs more touches opposed to who just doesn't have it that week.  I think Belicheat has been one of the best at using multiple backs effectively and having a feel for when and how much to use each back. Pats RBs are a nightmare in fantasy because he could have a different guy produce every week. 

I think Lefleur knows how best to use a multiple back approach. SF seemed to always have a good run game regardless who their RB was. They were constantly having guys come out of no where and produce. I could end up being very wrong but RB is one of the positions I'm least worried about despite the lack of names and Im predicting we end up with a running game that's much better than any year with our "superstar" Bell, and certainly much improved from using a 40 year old RB as a bell cow 🙄

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Paradis said:

SB provided a nice preview of being asked to grind between the tackles. 

That’s what I noticed…. Grinding in traffic with great vision, quickness & balance

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...