RB Michael Carter is going to be a beast

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

He doesnt have to be Dalvan cook! he is going to get more than 10 carries, obviously. But Top 5 in the league sure I agree, he is not that but a guy who can get it done - on 20 plays a week no problem. Gase is not calling the plays anymore bro

I didn't say he had to be Dalvin Cook...I was responding to people saying he is gonna be Dalvin Cook.  The whole point of my post was saying I like the guy and think he's gonna be a good player but if you are expecting 100-150 yards a game like some seem to be you are setting the guy up for failure.  There's some people in here who think Wilson is gonna throw for 4000 yards, Carter is gonna rush for 1400 yards, Mims is gonna put up 1000 yards, and we are gonna be the greatest show on turf.

8 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I hope we are not forgetting with all this hold out contract stalling talks that we did sign our 4th selection Mr. Michael Carter - who is going to dominate! They say 4th rounders dont usually show up on game day but this is not a typical 4th rounder. We go some luck and had our guy available late becasue of other teams having different priorities - just dumb luck really. This kid has the talent and ability to start day 1. But as we say in SF I would bet he is going to get a couple touches to see if he can get hot. When he starts piling up 5 and 10 yard gashes in the opposing team def and then rips a long 25 yard plus play I think it will be all but done. 

Week 1 he will play good with 50 60 yards and TD. By week two he is going to 90 plus almost every game

Kid is going to be a folcal point of the team and off. 

Boy, the hype machine is in overdrive here. He is a small back. He is also a rookie on a team full of vet backs. He os not going  to lead this team. He was a 4th round pick for a reason. I think the best we can hope for now is he looks like White did for the Pats.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, undertow said:

I didn't say he had to be Dalvin Cook...I was responding to people saying he is gonna be Dalvin Cook.  The whole point of my post was saying I like the guy and think he's gonna be a good player but if you are expecting 100-150 yards a game like some seem to be you are setting the guy up for failure.  There's some people in here who think Wilson is gonna throw for 4000 yards, Carter is gonna rush for 1400 yards, Mims is gonna put up 1000 yards, and we are gonna be the greatest show on turf.

That would be nice but I do think outside injury Carter is going over 1 k

image.png.6702fca64c0e1fa88adbbada8a4f1654.png

(both played within the same ACC Conference). 

Michael Carter: Drafted 107th overall.

156 rushing attempts. 

1,245 rushing yards. 

8.0 yards per carry. 

9 rushing TDs. 

25 receptions. 

267 receiving yards. 

10.7 yards per reception. 

2 TD receptions. 

• 181 offensive touches, 1,512 all purpose yards from scrimmage, 8.4 yards per touch and 11 offensive TDs.

Vs. 

Travis Etienne: Drafted 25th overall..

168 rushing attempts. 

914 rushing yards. 

5.4 yards per carry. 

14 rushing TDs. 

48 receptions. 

588 receiving yards. 

12.3 yards per reception. 

2 TD receptions. 

216 offensive touches, 1,502 all purpose yards from scrimmage, 7.0 yards per touch and 16 offensive TDs. 

Very similar numbers in regards to 1,512 All-purpose yards (Carter) vs. 1,502 All-purpose yards (Etienne) and as someone who absolutely raved about Travis Etienne out of my FSU's ACC Conference? There is no way I'm taking Travis Etienne @ #25 overall when we just absolutely stole Michael Carter @ #107th overall; that's insane value. 

Also?

Travis Etienne = 788 career touches @ Clemson.

Michael Carter = 596 career touches @ UNC. 

Running Back is probably the most grueling and most physical skilled position in all of Football so I'm looking at 192 fewer NCAA touches (an entire seasons worth) than Etienne as being a really good thing for Michael Carter before entering the NFL.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Screen_Shot_2015-05-11_at_1.16.33_PM.0.0

image.png.ab07b67a5f2e29d620b548f9d0078d48.png

As an FSU fan I watched every Dalvin Cook game and in terms of overall speed, quickness, elusiveness, FOOT WORK, acceleration and overall style of play this kid Michael Carter reminds me of an identical clone (although only 1-2 inches shorter than Cook and a couple pounds lighter). 

Watch this interview (below).

He names 4 RBs who he looks up to and one of them is Dalvin Cook (who I've compared him to and way before this interview ever happened too). 

PS: Both born and raised in Florida too!

14 hours ago, undertow said:

Yeah that's the type of player he is and that's the system we are running....I'm just saying some fans are getting ahead of themselves and think he's gonna be some bell cow type back who rips off 150 yards per game.   I see Raheem Mouster type of production and it may take him a few years to get going.

Raheem Mostert "potential' bruh? 

???

Michael Carter: 4 years @ UNC. 

514 rushing attempts. 

3,404 rushing yards. 

6.6 yards per carry. 

22 rushing TDs. 

82 receptions. 

656 receiving yards. 

8.0 yards per reception. 

6 TD receptions. 

596 offensive touches, 4,060 all purpose yards from scrimmage, 6.8 yards per touch and 28 offensive TDs.

Vs. 

???

Raheem Mostert: 4 years @ Purdue. 

136 rushing attempts. 

759 rushing yards. 

5.6 yards per carry. 

6 rushing TDs. 

19 receptions. 

122 receiving yards. 

6.4 yards per reception. 

0 TD receptions. 

155 offensive touches, 881 all purpose yards from scrimmage, 5.7 yards per touch and 6 offensive TDs.

If you thought I was going to let that "Raheem Mostert" player comparison slide; you were dead wrong. 

Raheem Mostert was drafted 2015 with only 1,590 career rushing yards and now heading into year #7. 

Michael Carter will have 1,590 rushing yards absolutely shattered by week 3-5 of next year (2022). 

@undertow nothing personal my dude but that "Raheem Mostert" comparison was absolutely atrocious because he did absolutely nothingness in college (and he went undrafted for a reason)

and @chirorob you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself for liking that crappy "Raheem Mostert" comparison.

?

Comparing Michael Carter to "Raheem Mostert" is hateful imo.

And Dalvin Cook doesn't "rip off 150 yards per game" he has a career average of 85 rushing yards per game (so lets stop exaggerating numbers). 

Michael Carter: 4 years = 596 offensive touches, 4,060 all purpose yards from scrimmage, 6.8 yards per touch and 28 offensive TDs.

Raheem Mostert: 4 yesrs = 155 offensive touches, 881 all purpose yards from scrimmage, 5.7 yards per touch and 6 offensive TDs.

Potential? And these guys think they can talk to me about POTENTIAL?!?

tenor.gif

17 hours ago, chirorob said:

I dont think the team plans on that type of back.  They've said they want to spread the load, which is honestly better for the player, it leads to longer careers.

I could see him with 160-170 carries for 7

800ish yards, maybe 30 receptions.   Which equates to about 10 carries, 2 catches a game woth a decent per carry average.

Completely agree, its not smart these days to have one bell-cow type RB, you are far better off taking a RB in rounds 2-5 every draft and hoping to hit on 50% of those guys.  That will give you an inexpensive stable of RBs that can withstand an injury to the group.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

That would be nice but I do think outside injury Carter is going over 1 k

Even with the 17th game this year, 1000 yards still means 59 yards/game. Far cry from Jim Brown doing it in 12, and yet I still don’t see it happening. Jets backfield is pretty crowded. The coaches brought Coleman over with them from the 49ers for a reason, he’s gonna see the field a lot. Johnson, Perine, Adams. I just expect the ball to be shared back there quite a bit. 

Rookies often hit the wall in the NFL, too, playing more games at a much higher level. It’s normal. Especially for a position as abused as RB. 

If the kid puts up 800 yards from scrimmage this year, I’ll be pretty damn pleased. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Just watch his game against Miami (PLZ).

You're not supposed to run for over 300+ yards against a nasty Miami Defense that's full of nothing but Florida SPEED. You're just not supposed to do this. 

THIS KID IS THE REAL DEAL.

I would pretty much say Miami's secondary  sucks at tackling

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I would pretty much say Miami's secondary  sucks at tackling

You have to get past their D-Line and LBs and their front 7 before getting into their secondary on the ground though. 

Nice try. 

How many RBs ran for over 300+ yards vs Miami?

Kid runs for 300+ yards and people blame Miami's "secondary"?

Jaelan Phillips who just went 1st round as an OLB/DE couldn't stop him and Michael Carter ran all over his punk ass. 

image.thumb.png.8710d5d3c18485e98564934fb06af33f.png

12 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I will be happy if he's an above average back this year. Anything beyond that is setting myself up for disappointment.

Well he ranks 4th All-Time for rushing yards within UNC school history; so get excited all gas no break type excited; this kid is awesome man. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Well he ranks 4th All-Time for rushing yards within UNC school history; so get excited all gas no break type excited; this kid is awesome man. 

And he's a rookie, and he will hit the rookie wall. He will be playing 20 games this year for the 1st time in his life. I hope he is awesome, I just think he will show glimpses of being great but on the most part be just an average back. I hope you are right, but most rookies have to grasp a new playbook, get accustomed to the speed of the game and the length of the season.

37 minutes ago, Claymation said:

And he's a rookie, and he will hit the rookie wall. He will be playing 20 games this year for the 1st time in his life. I hope he is awesome, I just think he will show glimpses of being great but on the most part be just an average back. I hope you are right, but most rookies have to grasp a new playbook, get accustomed to the speed of the game and the length of the season.

To each our own man but there is nothing average about not only ranking 4th in the Nation in rushing yards but also #1 in the Country with an average of 8.0 yards per carry.

And the transition from NCAA RB to NFL RB is the easiest transition of any position which is why so many rookie RBs rush for over 1,000 yards and/or how an undrafted rookie RB in James Robinson ran for over 1k last year. 

Michael Carter is going to take the league by storm as a rookie and imo he's way too talented for the likes of Perine/Coleman/Johnson to keep JDs 4th round pick off the field. 

15 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Boy, the hype machine is in overdrive here. He is a small back. He is also a rookie on a team full of vet backs. He os not going  to lead this team. He was a 4th round pick for a reason. I think the best we can hope for now is he looks like White did for the Pats.

You make it sound like we have a roster full of backs with a history of production. We have one vet that's had any kind of previous success. Our other RB "vets" may have been in league for a couple years but have mostly been practice squad quality players and haven't done anything on the field.

If MC is any good, there is nothing stopping him from being the lead back for this team. If he's not that good, that's a different story. If he doesn't see the field because he doesn't look good, that's one thing  But he's not going to be on the bench because of all the other "veteran talent" on this roster. This isn't Adam Gase anymore. 

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You have to get past their D-Line and LBs and their front 7 before getting into their secondary on the ground though. 

Nice try. 

How many RBs ran for over 300+ yards vs Miami?

Kid runs for 300+ yards and people blame Miami's "secondary"?

Jaelan Phillips who just went 1st round as an OLB/DE couldn't stop him and Michael Carter ran all over his punk ass. 

image.thumb.png.8710d5d3c18485e98564934fb06af33f.png

Like I said in another post. He isn't  lead back material. I am hoping he becomes James White. I will be extremely  pleased with that. 

12 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

You make it sound like we have a roster full of backs with a history of production. We have one vet that's had any kind of previous success. Our other RB "vets" may have been in league for a couple years but have mostly been practice squad quality players and haven't done anything on the field.

If MC is any good, there is nothing stopping him from being the lead back for this team. If he's not that good, that's a different story. If he doesn't see the field because he doesn't look good, that's one thing  But he's not going to be on the bench because of all the other "veteran talent" on this roster. This isn't Adam Gase anymore. 

I have no idea where I said anything you are implying. There is a book and Coleman, Adams, Johnson, and Perine. The one out of the 4 mentioned who showed practically  nothing is Perine but supposedly  he is a good blocker. I want to see the 209 lb Carter block 240 lb LB's and S's. If he can't  do that he may not be viable as  a third down back where by all measurables is what he seems to be right now. The lead back job right now is Coleman and Johnson's job to lose, or at least it should be. Gase totally screwed up with Johnson. The guy showed up when Gore was out and when Gore came back, instead of putting Johnson into a heavy  rotation, he let him sit on the bench. Coleman has shown he can carry the load as he did when Adams was hurt in Atlanta. There is no way an unproven rookie should start ahead of them. I do think Carter can be something special for us but right now that is going to be as a pass catcher. 

12 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

As an FSU fan I watched every Dalvin Cook game and in terms of overall speed, quickness, elusiveness, FOOT WORK, acceleration and overall style of play this kid Michael Carter reminds me of an identical clone (although only 1-2 inches shorter than Cook and a couple pounds lighter). 

Watch this interview (below).

He names 4 RBs who he looks up to and one of them is Dalvin Cook (who I've compared him to and way before this interview ever happened too). 

PS: Both born and raised in Florida too!

child please. You make revisionists look good. 

When i was saying we should take Dalvin Cook at #6, you were masturbating to Jamal Adams. Don't pretend like you're some heralded Cook truther who sees the Matrix. They don't even have the same running style. You're reaching to put it lightly.

I had Carter as a top 5 back this draft cycle. Very Excited to have him on the team - he's going to win games for us... But he's not in the same universe, let alone conversation as Dalvin Cook. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

child please. You make revisionist look good. 

When i was saying we should take Dalvin Cook at #6, you were masturbating to Jamal Adams. Don't pretend like you're some heralded Cook truther who sees the Matrix. They don't even have the same running running style. You're reaching to put it lightly.

I had Carter as a top 5 back this draft cycle. Very Excited to have him on the team - he's going to win games for us... But he's not in the same universe, let alone conversation as Dalvin Cook. 

Why would I have wanted Dalvin Cook #6 overall when as an FSU fan I knew my own players value and was screaming for #4 during the 2nd round before Macc took everyone's favorite Marcus Maye. 

I watched every game of Dalvin Cook as an FSU Seminoles RB and he was absolutely greatness but Michael Carter is every bit as talented as Cook was coming out. 

22 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I watched every game of Dalvin Cook as an FSU Seminoles RB and he was absolutely greatness but Michael Carter is every bit as talented as Cook was coming out. 

Dunno about that. I was very profuse in my love for Cook. My fav RB prospect since Darren McFadden when he came out. I know who was there with me. You may be an FSU fan who watched his games, but you weren't there beside me calling him a generational talent. His slide to the second round had 0 to do with his on field ability. He was a first round talent. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Dunno about that. I was very profuse in my love for Cook. My fav RB prospect since Darren McFadden when he came out. I know who was there with me. You may be an FSU fan who watched his games, but you weren't there beside me calling him a generational talent. His slide to the second round had 0 to do with his on field ability. He was a first round talent. 

How the FK do you know what I was saying about Dalvin Cook my favorite FSU Player of All-Time when I was over @ TGG back in 2017 dude? 

I was absolutely RAVING about Dalvin Cook heading into the draft and I turned my TV off after we passed on him. 

But anyone with half a brain knew Dalvin Cook was going to slide into the 2nd round due red flags surrounding him off the field (I know, because I followed his entire career and never missed a single FSU game). 

No. You weren't a bigger Dalvin Cook "fan" than us diehard FSU fans and this is what I said immediately after the drafting of Marcus Maye on TGG (below). 

"I'm a longtime FSU fan so i won't sit here and say that i wasn't heartbroken about passing up on #4 Dalvin Cook come the 2nd round. Kid was the most explosive HB we've seen since #28 Warrick Dunn and his overall game should really translate well come the next level. I would've loved to see Cook in green & white as an (offensive) play-maker" ?. 

here's another one...

"With that said. I can't lie. I wanted #4 Dalvin Cook out of FSU. Watched every FSU game. Never missed a single snap of Cook. By far the most electric & explosive FSU player that I've ever seen dating back to #28 Warrick Dunn. I won't sit here and lie. I was furious when N.Y drafted Maye over Cook during the 2nd round. Cook was top 10 talent. It hurt me to see Minnesota steal Cook right after us. I wanted that kid coming out of the backfield in Green & White for years to come. In closing Maye will have big shoes to fill. If Cook starts to impact for Minny's offense well then Maye better live up to expectation and go all out beast mode opposite of Adams. If not I'll be upset with the pick for many of years to come. I hope I'm wrong and Cook flops because i really wanted him come the 2nd round!

Regardless what you try and say to me in regards to overall speed, quickness, footwork, acceleration, athleticism, elusiveness and overall style of play; Michael Carter reminds me of a clone of MY DUDE Dalvin Cook (and Dalvin Cook is one of the 4 NFL RBs who Michael Carter himself has both studied and looks up to. Both born and raised Florida kids too). And you're going to see what I'm talking about when Michael Carter shatters as a Rookie the numbers Cook put up during his first two seasons combined (ACL year #1).

I couldn't be more excited over this kid he ranked #4 in rushing yards last year and #1 in average yards per carry (8.0) and if not for having to split carries with Javonte Williams not only would he have (easily) ranked #1 in rushing yards but he would've destroyed ACC rushing yards set by my dude Dalvin Cook while @ FSU. 

This kid is going to become a problem and will dominate the league as only a Rookie too. 

9 hours ago, slats said:

Even with the 17th game this year, 1000 yards still means 59 yards/game. Far cry from Jim Brown doing it in 12, and yet I still don’t see it happening. Jets backfield is pretty crowded. The coaches brought Coleman over with them from the 49ers for a reason, he’s gonna see the field a lot. Johnson, Perine, Adams. I just expect the ball to be shared back there quite a bit. 

Rookies often hit the wall in the NFL, too, playing more games at a much higher level. It’s normal. Especially for a position as abused as RB. 

If the kid puts up 800 yards from scrimmage this year, I’ll be pretty damn pleased. 

sorry I type bad I meant I dont think he wont going over 1k. I think he is 1200 1500 guy -- as soon as he has his first game I think Saleh is going let the kid go. 

*wishful thinking i know. Sorry I type terribly. But over 1k I think is very doable and I see carter being our unquestioned 3 down back by the end of the year.

22 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

@undertow nothing personal my dude but that "Raheem Mostert" comparison was absolutely atrocious because he did absolutely nothingness in college (and he went undrafted for a reason)

and @chirorob you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself for liking that crappy "Raheem Mostert" comparison.

?

Comparing Michael Carter to "Raheem Mostert" is hateful imo.

And Dalvin Cook doesn't "rip off 150 yards per game" he has a career average of 85 rushing yards per game (so lets stop exaggerating numbers). 

Michael Carter: 4 years = 596 offensive touches, 4,060 all purpose yards from scrimmage, 6.8 yards per touch and 28 offensive TDs.

Raheem Mostert: 4 yesrs = 155 offensive touches, 881 all purpose yards from scrimmage, 5.7 yards per touch and 6 offensive TDs.

Potential? And these guys think they can talk to me about POTENTIAL?!?

tenor.gif

I don't care where he went to college I said his production.  800 yards rushing and 300 yards receiving.  Where he went to college is irrelevant my dude.  And he came to mind because we are running a similar offensive scheme and I think he will be used in a similar way with similar production.  The fact that you think comparing Carter to Mostert is an insult is proving my posts that fans like yourself are gonna have a melt down if the guys not Dalvin Cook which he's not gonna be because he's not as talented. Dalvin Cook would have went top 20 if he didn't have off the field issues and if you have eye balls you should be able to see the difference in talent level.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, undertow said:

I don't care where he went to college I said his production.  800 yards rushing and 300 yards receiving.  Where he went to college is irrelevant my dude.

Michael Carter: 4 years = 596 offensive touches, 4,060 all purpose yards from scrimmage, 6.8 yards per touch and 28 offensive TDs.

Raheem Mostert: 4 years = 155 offensive touches, 881 all purpose yards from scrimmage, 5.7 yards per touch and 6 offensive TDs.

And you want to talk to me about Michael Carter potential? 

20 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Michael Carter: 4 years = 596 offensive touches, 4,060 all purpose yards from scrimmage, 6.8 yards per touch and 28 offensive TDs.

Raheem Mostert: 4 years = 155 offensive touches, 881 all purpose yards from scrimmage, 5.7 yards per touch and 6 offensive TDs.

College stats are irrelevant not sure why you think this proves anything.  If college stats meant anything Blair Thomas and Ki Jana Carter would be going to the HOF.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

College stats are irrelevant not sure why you think this proves anything.  If college stats meant anything Blair Thomas and Ki Jana Carter would be going to the HOF.

Raheem has a combined 1,590 rushing yards and now heading into I believe year #7. 

Not sure what gives you the right to compare Michael Carter to an absolute scrub RB when Michael Carter will without question shatter 1500 rushing yards by week 4-6 of his 2nd NFL season. 

Your Raheem Mostert comparison is the worst player comp I've ever witnessed.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Raheem has a combined 1,590 rushing yards and now heading into I believe year #7. 

Not sure what gives you the right to compare Michael Carter to an absolute scrub RB when Michael Carter will without question shatter 1500 rushing yards by week 4-6 of his 2nd NFL season. 

Your Raheem Mostert comparison is the worst player comp I've ever witnessed.

I can't tell if your being serious at this point. lol

14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nah man you comparing Michael Carter a RB who just ranked 4th in rushing yards and #1 in average yards per run (8.0) to "Raheem" when talking "potential" imo can not be taken serious. 

Good night. 

Dude watch Mostert play the past 2 years and that's what I think we are getting in Michael Carter... this isn't that complicated and the problem is you think that kinda production is gonna be a disappointment.  The guy rushed for over 200 yards  and had 4 TDs in a playoff game calm down everything will be ok. lol

18 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

=o overall speed, quickness, footwork, acceleration, athleticism, elusiveness and overall style of play; Michael Carter reminds me of a clone of MY DUDE Dalvin Cook (and Dalvin Cook is one of the 4 NFL RBs who Michael Carter himself has both studied and looks up to. Both born and raised Florida kids too). And you're going to see what I'm talking about when Michael Carter shatters as a Rookie the numbers Cook put up during his first two seasons combined (ACL year #1).

well since you bolded it, and got spicy, it must be true.

A little life lesson aside; when you do things like treat Justin Fields like a parking ticket, then 2 months later he's caviar, you lose integrity with your audience. ie. Dalvin Cook takes. 

10 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

9 hours ago, undertow said:

Exactly. Darrell Henderson rushed for 1900  yards on 8.9ypc in college and it took the Rams one year to decide to draft Akers to replace him.

I love Carter and think he was a steal in the 4th (didn't really see Javonte as a significantly better back at UNC). But to throw out college stats to prove a point about NFL potential doesn't prove anything. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Exactly. Darrell Henderson rushed for 1900  yards on 8.9ypc in college and it took the Rams one year to decide to draft Akers to replace him.

I love Carter and think he was a steal in the 4th (didn't really see Javonte as a significantly better back at UNC). But to throw out college stats to prove a point about NFL potential doesn't prove anything. 

And to throw out Raheem Mostert's name as some type of "potential" comparison proves absolutely nothingness in regards to Michael Carter's electricity/ability/potential.