RB Michael Carter is going to be a beast

52 minutes ago, Paradis said:

well since you bolded it, and got spicy, it must be true.

A little life lesson aside; when you do things like treat Justin Fields like a parking ticket, then 2 months later he's caviar, you lose integrity with your audience. ie. Dalvin Cook takes. 

Oh, look, DWC is making the board unreadable again.  Almost as if he didn't learn anything from his 30-day "suspension".  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/21/2021 at 9:06 AM, slats said:

Even with the 17th game this year, 1000 yards still means 59 yards/game. Far cry from Jim Brown doing it in 12, and yet I still don’t see it happening. Jets backfield is pretty crowded. The coaches brought Coleman over with them from the 49ers for a reason, he’s gonna see the field a lot. Johnson, Perine, Adams. I just expect the ball to be shared back there quite a bit. 

Rookies often hit the wall in the NFL, too, playing more games at a much higher level. It’s normal. Especially for a position as abused as RB. 

If the kid puts up 800 yards from scrimmage this year, I’ll be pretty damn pleased. 

I think that a big part will be why they signed Coleman.  If they signed him because they really like him and think he will do damage, then he will probably get first crack.  It is possible that they signed him to be the "floor" so that if other guys weren't available or what they had didn't fit they would at least have something.  As far as I can tell, Coleman does not make much and can be easily cut.

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And to throw out Raheem Mostert's name as some type of "potential" comparison proves absolutely nothingness in regards to Michael Carter's electricity/ability/potential.

yeah you been spot on it seems...carter is real deal. I think these guys dont want to hear it, cause they are stuck in the whole SOJF stuff. Carter is going to be a stud and shoudl be better than the scrubs that SF trotter out there. I dont have much hope for coleman - seem like he is here just to help with vet presence, but i dont think will challenge the rook for touches. 

Carter is going to get his opportuity and he could waste it etc - but his tape - shows he will most likely be very successful for us. First time in long time that we are going to have a good run game.

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

yeah you been spot on it seems...carter is real deal. I think these guys dont want to hear it, cause they are stuck in the whole SOJF stuff. Carter is going to be a stud and shoudl be better than the scrubs that SF trotter out there. I dont have much hope for coleman - seem like he is here just to help with vet presence, but i dont think will challenge the rook for touches. 

Carter is going to get his opportuity and he could waste it etc - but his tape - shows he will most likely be very successful for us. First time in long time that we are going to have a good run game.

Michael Carter is JD/Saleh's prized (RB) investment with a 4th round pick and a zone blocking scheme is perfect for this kid with freakish athleticism/acceleration/foot work/elusiveness; and there's 0.00% chance of other RBs being able to keep JD and Saleh's kid on the bench. 

Heading into the draft I created a thread about our Jets going QB/RB/WR/O-lineman with our 1st 4 picks and was damn near laughed off the forum and I got my wish by JD going QB/O-lineman/WR/RB with our 1st 4 picks. 

And I'm sorry but comparing this kids potential to "Raheem Mostert" is absolutely atrocious and over my dead body will this kid have only 1,500 rushing yards while heading into "year #7" ("Raheem Mostert"); because he'll absolutely SHATTER 1,500 rushing yards by week 4-6 of his 2nd season (come 2022).

42 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Michael Carter is JD/Saleh's prized (RB) investment with a 4th round pick and a zone blocking scheme is perfect for this kid with freakish athleticism/acceleration/foot work/elusiveness; and there's 0.00% chance of other RBs being able to keep JD and Saleh's kid on the bench. 

Heading into the draft I created a thread about our Jets going QB/RB/WR/O-lineman with our 1st 4 picks and was damn near laughed off the forum and I got my wish by JD going QB/O-lineman/WR/RB with our 1st 4 picks. 

And I'm sorry but comparing this kids potential to "Raheem Mostert" is absolutely atrocious and over my dead body will this kid have only 1,500 rushing yards while heading into "year #7" ("Raheem Mostert"); because he'll absolutely SHATTER 1,500 rushing yards by week 4-6 of his 2nd season (come 2022).

yeah well I think this coaching staff and HC are good coaches. It wont take long at all for them to realize what they have. They know the run system they want to implement - we have seen in SF what they did with so called nobodies and scrubs at RB. Carter will get the opportunity and wont be held back. We have seen how much they liked him at the draft - for exactly this systme!

You are 100 percent right about that. I mean remember Gase forcing gore down our throats? We saw some spark from other backs and he refused to play them. We have two major factors this year - 1 no more terrible running plays that are over before the snap and also this kids ability. He has to perform no doubt and maybe he is a bust but that is highly unlikely considering his tape. 

He was brought her to be da man and will be given that role. I think he can easily get 1200 plays yards this season -  but time will tell. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, Paradis said:

Who knew?.... Oh yea, I did.

@Defense Wins Championships dude, you love the jets, and so that in a way makes you fam. You don't strike me as an idiot either... but you show remarkably low E.Q... You don't read the room. You're tone deaf to your audience's feedback, and take everything on as a crusade, regardless if we have an appetite for it. You're putting the rest of us in a position to either ignore you, have to take the bull by the horns. .... like just smoke some weed and chill out.

And stop streaming your consciousness on JN.

HIs next post only had one video.  Should we consider that as progress? 

• Haha 3

On 7/21/2021 at 12:04 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

You have to get past their D-Line and LBs and their front 7 before getting into their secondary on the ground though. 

Nice try. 

How many RBs ran for over 300+ yards vs Miami?

Kid runs for 300+ yards and people blame Miami's "secondary"?

Jaelan Phillips who just went 1st round as an OLB/DE couldn't stop him and Michael Carter ran all over his punk ass. 

image.thumb.png.8710d5d3c18485e98564934fb06af33f.png

Completely OT but UGHH, I absolutely haaaaaate the new jersey number options in the NFL. And it's something so irrelevant, I hate that I hate it lol. Some changes aren't AS bad as others ; single digit WRs I have less trouble with for some reason. I just hate all the overlap and how they've destroyed any position designation for a group of numbers. It's going to drive me nuts watching a DE with #15!??. Suppose I'll get used to it, but not a fan at all.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/20/2021 at 10:24 PM, More Cowbell said:

Boy, the hype machine is in overdrive here. He is a small back. He is also a rookie on a team full of vet backs. He os not going  to lead this team. He was a 4th round pick for a reason. I think the best we can hope for now is he looks like White did for the Pats.

I took the bolded part to mean that the team is full of vets, so there is no way a rookie is going to lead the team... I apologize if I misunderstood your implication. Either way, I stand by my opinion that MC has as good a chance as any of ending up the number 1 guy. The team might be "full of vet backs" but its a group that's far from impressive or one that's going to keep a rookie from getting reps. Barring injury, Adams, won't even make the team (unless Perine looks absolutely horrible). The one vet with any history of production at all has never rushed for 1000 yards in his career. He's never topped 800 yards and that was back in 2018 (I believe Freeman went down that year). Since 2018, he's rushed for 544 and 53 yards (injured) In his 2 seasons with SF.  I think our best case production for Coleman is the healthy year he had in SF: Maybe around 550 rush yds. I view Coleman as a Saleh gift. We happen to have no RBs, he was cheap coming off an injury. He wasn't signed because he can be a top back.  He was signed to give Saleh/Lefleur someone familiar with the O scheme

It's worth noting that Colemans 544 yards in 2019 was good enough for 3rd overall on the team. The top 3 rushers for SF that year ran for 772, 623, and 544 yards. As far as ratio, that is more or less how I see the production being split with the Jets and I anticipate our top 3 backs (in any order) Johnson, Carter, and Coleman.

My point is that I believe any one of those 3 backs could end up being the "#1" and right now I think MC has as good a chance as anyone 

On 7/21/2021 at 2:26 PM, More Cowbell said:

I have no idea where I said anything you are implying. There is a book and Coleman, Adams, Johnson, and Perine. The one out of the 4 mentioned who showed practically  nothing is Perine but supposedly  he is a good blocker. I want to see the 209 lb Carter block 240 lb LB's and S's. If he can't  do that he may not be viable as  a third down back where by all measurables is what he seems to be right now. The lead back job right now is Coleman and Johnson's job to lose, or at least it should be. Gase totally screwed up with Johnson. The guy showed up when Gore was out and when Gore came back, instead of putting Johnson into a heavy  rotation, he let him sit on the bench. Coleman has shown he can carry the load as he did when Adams was hurt in Atlanta. There is no way an unproven rookie should start ahead of them. I do think Carter can be something special for us but right now that is going to be as a pass catcher. 

Now here's a post where I could not agree with you more!! One of the biggest reasons I was screaming for Gase to be fired in season was because he had completely different priorities than what was best for the team and no position suffered more from that than RB. Last season should have been about getting the young guys reps to develop. Running Gore like a 25 year old workhorse back while Johnson sat on the bench was fu*king criminal! ESPECIALLY after the game where Gore went down! Gore leaves the game and WOW we have our 1st (pretty sure only) 100 yard rusher of the year! After that game there was absolutely no excuse for for Johnson not to get 20+ touches a game. FU*K ADAM GASE!!!? Because the reality is that Johnson should have had a season worth of playing time to help his development and, at the very least, we should be going into this year knowing if Johnson is out top guy or not. Instead we have to have auditions during camp and preseason when at least one of our backs didn't have to still be a question mark at this point smdh?

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2021 at 12:53 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Michael Carter: 4 years = 596 offensive touches, 4,060 all purpose yards from scrimmage, 6.8 yards per touch and 28 offensive TDs.

Raheem Mostert: 4 years = 155 offensive touches, 881 all purpose yards from scrimmage, 5.7 yards per touch and 6 offensive TDs.

And you want to talk to me about Michael Carter potential? 

Bro forget college that has nothing to do with what @undertow is talking about. Mosert led for 49ers RB committe during their superbowl year with almost 800 yards. Mosert is by no means a negative comp in anyway. Lefleur is a RB committee guy. If MC can manage to put up 7-800 yards and lead the team in rushing, that's not a bad thing dude. Matter fact, if he managed those stats in this offense his rookie year it would be INCREDIBLE. This isn't an offense that's likely going to see a 1000yrd rusher. Lefleur comes from the SF tree where you just don't spend big capital at that position. There is no work horse the way Cook is used, therefore you're not likely to ever see MC have Cook-like production regardless of how good he ends up being. If he can be our Mosert that's a huge win for us dude.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

I took the bolded part to mean that the team is full of vets, so there is no way a rookie is going to lead the team... I apologize if I misunderstood your implication. Either way, I stand by my opinion that MC has as good a chance as any of ending up the number 1 guy. The team might be "full of vet backs" but its a group that's far from impressive or one that's going to keep a rookie from getting reps. Barring injury, Adams, won't even make the team (unless Perine looks absolutely horrible). The one vet with any history of production at all has never rushed for 1000 yards in his career. He's never topped 800 yards and that was back in 2018 (I believe Freeman went down that year). Since 2018, he's rushed for 544 and 53 yards (injured) In his 2 seasons with SF.  I think our best case production for Coleman is the healthy year he had in SF: Maybe around 550 rush yds. I view Coleman as a Saleh gift. We happen to have no RBs, he was cheap coming off an injury. He wasn't signed because he can be a top back.  He was signed to give Saleh/Lefleur someone familiar with the O scheme

It's worth noting that Colemans 544 yards in 2019 was good enough for 3rd overall on the team. The top 3 rushers for SF that year ran for 772, 623, and 544 yards. As far as ratio, that is more or less how I see the production being split with the Jets and I anticipate our top 3 backs (in any order) Johnson, Carter, and Coleman.

My point is that I believe any one of those 3 backs could end up being the "#1" and right now I think MC has as good a chance as anyone 

Now here's a post where I could not agree with you more!! One of the biggest reasons I was screaming for Gase to be fired in season was because he had completely different priorities than what was best for the team and no position suffered more from that than RB. Last season should have been about getting the young guys reps to develop. Running Gore like a 25 year old workhorse back while Johnson sat on the bench was fu*king criminal! ESPECIALLY after the game where Gore went down! Gore leaves the game and WOW we have our 1st (pretty sure only) 100 yard rusher of the year! After that game there was absolutely no excuse for for Johnson not to get 20+ touches a game. FU*K ADAM GASE!!!? Because the reality is that Johnson should have had a season worth of playing time to help his development and, at the very least, we should be going into this year knowing if Johnson is out top guy or not. Instead we have to have auditions during camp and preseason when at least one of our backs didn't have to still be a question mark at this point smdh?

My point is, unless Carter just blows up in preseason, he will be one of a three back rotation and since he is a rookie and he has never played a season as long as the one he is about to, the coaches are going to look not to wear him out. That is the reason I don’t  believe he will be the lead back. I like what Carter brings. I would love to see him assume the James White role White played in NE but a big part of it will depend if he can block guys who are a lot bigger than him. If  back can't  block and the defense knows it, the O becomes predictable when he is in there. They know this guy is getting the ball or he is going out in a pattern and if he does stay in to block, they don’t  have to worry. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

My point is, unless Carter just blows up in preseason, he will be one of a three back rotation and since he is a rookie and he has never played a season as long as the one he is about to, the coaches are going to look not to wear him out. That is the reason I don’t  believe he will be the lead back. I like what Carter brings. I would love to see him assume the James White role White played in NE but a big part of it will depend if he can block guys who are a lot bigger than him. If  back can't  block and the defense knows it, the O becomes predictable when he is in there. They know this guy is getting the ball or he is going out in a pattern and if he does stay in to block, they don’t  have to worry. 

I'd be good with that. I think over the course or camp and preseason, we're going to see someone seperate themselves from the group. Regardless who it is, I'm just happy to have a coaching staff that's going to play whoever SHOULD be playing! ??

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Bro forget college that has nothing to do with what @undertow is talking about. Mosert led for 49ers RB committe during their superbowl year with almost 800 yards. Mosert is by no means a negative comp in anyway. Lefleur is a RB committee guy. If MC can manage to put up 7-800 yards and lead the team in rushing, that's not a bad thing dude. Matter fact, if he managed those stats in this offense his rookie year it would be INCREDIBLE. This isn't an offense that's likely going to see a 1000yrd rusher. Lefleur comes from the SF tree where you just don't spend big capital at that position. There is no work horse the way Cook is used, therefore you're not likely to ever see MC have Cook-like production regardless of how good he ends up being. If he can be our Mosert that's a huge win for us dude.

People need to worry less about finding the next superstar player that's gonna lead the league in something or who they can draft in fantasy and worry more about just collecting really good players that's gonna get us to the Super Bowl.  This is the same kinda thinking that drives fans to wanting to trade all their draft picks for OBJ or overpay a Le'veon Bell.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, undertow said:

People need to worry less about finding the next superstar player that's gonna lead the league in something or who they can draft in fantasy and worry more about just collecting really good players that's gonna get us to the Super Bowl.  This is the same kinda thinking that drives fans to wanting to trade all their draft picks for OBJ or overpay a Le'veon Bell.

You're right. And this isn't Basketball, you can't fill 75% of your starting lineup with superstars. Not with the contracts players are getting today. If you're lucky enough to have a star QB, you're going to need to rely on a lot of "good" players to fill most of the roster. That's why drafting well is essential. If you can get the Mosert production above from a 4th round pick, that's a huge win. Not every player needs to be a superstar.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

You're right. And this isn't Basketball, you can't fill 75% of your starting lineup with superstars. Not with the contracts players are getting today. If you're lucky enough to have a star QB, you're going to need to rely on a lot of "good" players to fill most of the roster. That's why drafting well is essential. If you can get the Mosert production above from a 4th round pick, that's a huge win. Not every player needs to be a superstar.

No dude.

A career 1,500 rushing yards and now heading into year #7 along with not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 but 5 different freaking teams would not be a "huge win" for the Jets if that's what Michael Carter turns into!

Raheem Mostert as a player comparison to Michael Carter's "potential" was an absolute crap one (imo). 

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No dude.

A career 1,500 rushing yards and now heading into year #7 along with not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 but 5 different freaking teams would not be a "huge win" for the Jets if that's what Michael Carter turns into!

Raheem Mostert as a player comparison to Michael Carter's "potential" was an absolute crap one (imo). 

People have tried to explain to you 5 different times that the comparison was about production in the system and type of player which seems impossible for you to comprehend.   If you want I can find you a player that wasn't a journeyman and had a great college career that averages 800-1000 yards a year to make it easier for you. lol   

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, undertow said:

People have tried to explain to you 5 different times that the comparison was about production in the system and type of player which seems impossible for you to comprehend.   If you want I can find you a player that wasn't a journeyman and had a great college career that averages 800-1000 yards a year to make it easier for you. lol   

No. I'm not buying into a player who's on team #5 with only 1,500 career rushing yards and now heading into year #7. No matter which way you try and "spin it" I'm not buying it as no "Michael Carter" comparison.

And find me one who ranked top 5 in NCAA rushing yards and #1 in average yards per carry (8.0) during his final college season before entering the pros.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No. I'm not buying into a player who's on team #5 with only 1,500 career rushing yards and now heading into year #7. No matter which way you try and "spin it" I'm not buying it as no "Michael Carter" comparison.

And find me one who ranked top 5 in NCAA rushing yards and #1 in average yards per carry (8.0) during his final college season before entering the pros.

I don't think MC is Dalvin Cook now go kick rocks. lol

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No dude.

8 hours ago, undertow said:

Yeah dude, I think you've let everyone how know how you feel about Mostert. 

So, you tend to either love someone and think they are a direct clone of a past HOFer or you hate them and think they are complete trash. Generally if you compare ANYONE to someone you have in your first group, that player will end up in the latter group. Obviously you've got Mostert in your 2nd category so there is absolutely no point in continuing to talk about this anymore, but I'm going to reply one last time. 

Try this: Say the OP said that MC projects to maybe 1050-1100 all purpose yards in this offense while leading the team in rushing. Are you OK now? (Probably not) But that was my last attempt regardless. 

For someone that spends so much time on this board teaching everyone else why this player ot that player is the greatest ever, you selectively decide when your reading comp skills are for sh*t dude. The op isn't even outright disagreeing with you, you're just having zero ability to comprehend what they or anyone else is saying.

"What gives you the right to compare him Mostert"  - ARE YOU SERIOUS?! How about being a human being? Having a brain? The 1st amendment? What gives you the right to question, literally, everything that anyone else says? Half the time you're not even understanding what they said in the first place, but you argue their right to say it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/20/2021 at 1:27 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I hope we are not forgetting with all this hold out contract stalling talks that we did sign our 4th selection Mr. Michael Carter - who is going to dominate! They say 4th rounders dont usually show up on game day but this is not a typical 4th rounder. We go some luck and had our guy available late becasue of other teams having different priorities - just dumb luck really. This kid has the talent and ability to start day 1. But as we say in SF I would bet he is going to get a couple touches to see if he can get hot. When he starts piling up 5 and 10 yard gashes in the opposing team def and then rips a long 25 yard plus play I think it will be all but done. 

Week 1 he will play good with 50 60 yards and TD. By week two he is going to 90 plus almost every game

Kid is going to be a folcal point of the team and off. 

Gif Image Most Wanted: How To Slow Down A Gif

On 7/22/2021 at 11:17 AM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Exactly. Darrell Henderson rushed for 1900  yards on 8.9ypc in college and it took the Rams one year to decide to draft Akers to replace him.

I love Carter and think he was a steal in the 4th (didn't really see Javonte as a significantly better back at UNC). But to throw out college stats to prove a point about NFL potential doesn't prove anything. 

Horrible example because Henderson put up NCAA numbers within a joke of a Non-Defensive Conference (American) in comparison to Michael Carter who dominated an ACC Conference. 

And Cam Akers (who I love as an FSU fan) was drafted to "replace" Henderson? You're wrong. 

Henderson 2020 = 11 STARTS, 154 offensive touches, 783 All-purpose yards from scrimmage (5.1 yards per touch) and 6 offensive TDs. 

C. Akers 2020 = 5 STARTS, 156 offensive touches, 748 All-purpose yards from scrimmage (4.8 yards per touch) and 3 offensive TDs. 

Cam Akers was drafted to split carries with Henderson in order for the Rams to utilize a dual backfield but not to "replace him"; and Henderson also had the (slightly) better season too. 

Another failed player comp. 

Just watch his game against Miami (PLZ).
You're not supposed to run for over 300+ yards against a nasty Miami Defense that's full of nothing but Florida SPEED. You're just not supposed to do this. 
[/url] THIS KID IS THE REAL DEAL.

As a Canes fan I watched that game and this kid put on a show. We didn’t adjust our game plan (plain stupidly) never the less, Carter put it to us.
Watch that game and you will see just how special this kid is.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Barton said:

Probably not a home run hitter (looks kinda slow after 10 yards) but a good overall back.

Dalvin Cook only ran a 4.50 40 yard dash which is another small example of why I consider Dalvin Cook and Michael Carter so similar. 

And remember Curtis my favorite caught from behind Martin? 

You don't need A+ top of the line speed out of your RB because as long as he's got A+ vision, acceleration, athleticism, quickness, foot work and elusiveness along with an ability to both catch out of the backfield and block in pass protection?

You've then got yourself one heck of an RB; and Michael Carter excels within all of those attributes mentioned above.

6 minutes ago, fltflo said:

As a Canes fan I watched that game and this kid put on a show. We didn’t adjust our game plan (plain stupidly) never the less, Carter put it to us.
Watch that game and you will see just how special this kid is.

Exactly man exactly and not only did I watch that game but I put $20 on a 4 team parlay and took Miami Hurricanes to beat UNC. I went 3-1 and Michael Carter killed my ticket. Game was over before it started. 

One thing for sure , if the offensive line comes together as i am sure we all hope it will, MC is going to be an asset.
I won’t predict yardage for him, the transition is never easy for a rookie; but I can tell you he is going to give it 110% with every touch.
One thing is certain is its he is going to make Jets fans very excited every time he touches the rock, so just be grateful and enjoy the ride.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I've already posted his 24 rushes for 308 rushing yards vs an ACC Defense and 2 TDs vs. Miami (12.8 yards per carry). 

Check this one out. Another killer game vs an ACC Defense.

17 rushes for 214 rushing yards (12.6 yards per carry) and 2 TDs (1 reception for 15 yards + 1 KR for 22 yards = 251 All-purpose yards).

This kid is so fkn electric and if wasn't forced to split carries with Javonte Williams he would've easily shattered All-Time ACC records (including my dude Dalvin Cook out FSU) and no question about it either.

2019 vs. a not so good Mercer team but nonetheless he displayed his electricity during the game (too). 

Ran wild with 9 rushing attempts for 159 rushing yards (17.7 yards per carry) and 3 rushing TDs. 

I just can't imagine how fun he's going to be while watching him run behind both of Mekhi Becton and Alijah Vera-Tucker on the left side before running wild behind Morgan Moses on the right side. 

The Athletic's Connor Hughes said rookie RB Michael Carter is the "eventual 1A" in the Jets' backfield. 

Hughes reiterated what he said in June about Carter -- a fourth-round pick in the 2021 draft -- emerging as the main option in what will be something of a committee backfield like the 49ers. Hughes said it's Carter's pass-catching ability to separates him from Tevin Coleman and Ty Johnson. "He’s essentially a receiver out of the backfield," Hughes said. Positive training camp reports will boost Carter's average draft position -- it's only a matter of how much the rookie rises. Carter seems destined to fall into the RB dead zone this summer. 

RELATED: 
SOURCE: The Athletic 
Jul 26, 2021, 10:02 AM ET
  •  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 7/24/2021 at 8:59 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

sounds pretty close to tevin coleman.  he was 2nd in the ncaa in rushing his senior year and averaged 7.5 ypc

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

sounds pretty close to tevin coleman.  he was 2nd in the ncaa in rushing his senior year and averaged 7.5 ypc

I like that comparison to Michael Carter a whole lot more than "Raheem Mostert"

Throughout his 2nd/3rd/4th years (barely played rookie season) he combined for 3,000 All-purpose yards (2,944) and 28 offensive TDs. 

Which is a whole lot better than 1,500 yards heading into year #7. I'm sorry but that "Raheem Mostert" comparison in terms of "potential" drove me nuts. 

4 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

The Athletic's Connor Hughes said rookie RB Michael Carter is the "eventual 1A" in the Jets' backfield. 

Hughes reiterated what he said in June about Carter -- a fourth-round pick in the 2021 draft -- emerging as the main option in what will be something of a committee backfield like the 49ers. Hughes said it's Carter's pass-catching ability to separates him from Tevin Coleman and Ty Johnson. "He’s essentially a receiver out of the backfield," Hughes said. Positive training camp reports will boost Carter's average draft position -- it's only a matter of how much the rookie rises. Carter seems destined to fall into the RB dead zone this summer. 

RELATED: 
SOURCE: The Athletic 
Jul 26, 2021, 10:02 AM ET
  •  

Great point about his receiving ability out of the backfield kid is a dual threat and his one handed catch in OTA's or mini camp was off the chain. 

And the only reason why SF was forced to utilize a RB by committee was because they didn't have a worthy A1 type of featured back however there is 0.00% chance that other Jets RBs will be able to keep this kid on the bench and off the field and that's because he's way too talented and on 3rd downs he's going to emerge as a defensive nightmare while catching out of the backfield. 

This is another game I absolutely love of Michael Carter his team lost while being overmatched against Clemson but this kid ran and ran hard vs. a super fast Clemson defense. 99 rushing yards @ 6.2 yards per carry and that's pretty damn impressive vs. Clemson.

Put him behind Alijah Vera-Tucker, Morgan Moses and Highway 77 Mekhi Becton and this kid will not only run wild but become an absolute star while doing so.

(had a better 2020 season than Travis Etienne but most fans don't realize that because Etienne went 1st round and Michael Carter 4th round).