Denzel Mims is an Excellent YAC Receiver

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

It means we’ve had threads with people ball washing Mims based on measurables. All I’m saying is we need to see it in games.

I’d also like to see him play the full season.

Don't try to walk that one back. It was a trash post... the least you could do is own it. Why? because you bookended--

"the hype on the guy (who many have been critical of) has been too much" 

WITH

"the guy who hasn't played a snap yet and has been the offseason Cinderella is going to be a superstar"

If i have to paint a clearer picture for you, it would involve dick and jane. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Oh come on. I have nothing against Mims. Just waiting for his production to match his hype & that's it. I don't see this as any different than the omg omg wailing when we picked one QB over another. Let's see if Wilson's production matches his hype as well. 

what world are you living in? Since when are Rookie WRs subject to this kind of scrutiny. Everything that could have worked against Mims, did last year. 90% of it non-culpable. 

The wailing you eluded is the problem. They're should be a lot less in general.... Ask yourself "what can i reasonable expect from the Adam Gase trainwreck of 2020 season".... 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Paradis said:

what world are you living in? Since when are Rookie WRs subject to this kind of scrutiny. Everything that could have worked against Mims, did last year. 90% of it non-culpable. 

The wailing you eluded is the problem. They're should be a lot less in general.... Ask yourself "what can i reasonable expect from the Adam Gase trainwreck of 2020 season".... 

The only player to benefit from Gase’s offense was Crowder, and it’s why people have this massively inflated opinion of what Crowder is.    Gase has always featured the slot in his passing game, the entire passing game runs through the slot.   It’s what got Jarvis Landry paid.  It’s what held back Devante Parker’s development.   

There’s going to be a role here for Mims, there are adults in charge of the offense for the first time in a long time.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The only player to benefit from Gase’s offense was Crowder, and it’s why people have this massively inflated opinion of what Crowder is.    Gase has always featured the slot in his passing game, the entire passing game runs through the slot.   It’s what got Jarvis Landry paid.  It’s what held back Devante Parker’s development.   

There’s going to be a role here for Mims, there are adults in charge of the offense for the first time in a long time.  

Totally. Didn't Landry's replacement Jakeem Grant get a fat pay-day as well, for similar reasons? He's done nothing since to earn it... Maybe... just maybe, Gase's offenses are putrid, and the QB's left to pepper the slot guy in a desperate cry for 1st downs. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We did see it in games.  On a per game basis, his performances with Flacco under center rivaled some of the top performing rookie WR's last year.  

If anyone wasn't impressed with Mims last season, then he either wasn't watching, wasn't paying attention, or saw what he wanted to see, perhaps because he wanted Claypool instead and was still pissed off about it.  

that is total nonsense  -he did not have one game over 80 yards and had zero tds in these so called top perfomances with flaco-

the entire season and he was out played by berrios who got three tds with the same qbs and coaching

if anybody was impressed with mims they were not watching or watched through green glasses

• Upvote 1

mims was a good prospect his production is what his numbers say he is which was very bad last year-this is a make or break year for him-another dud and he can put his jersey next to lam jones and stephen hill 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

21 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

It means we’ve had threads with people ball washing Mims based on measurables. All I’m saying is we need to see it in games.

I’d also like to see him play the full season.

Agreed all I see is positivity surrounding Mims and calling JD a genius for drafting him for over a year straight.  Wasn't very impressed by his rookie year so I'll take a wait and see approach but it's comical to say Mims has been overly criticized. 

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We did see it in games.  On a per game basis, his performances with Flacco under center rivaled some of the top performing rookie WR's last year.  

If anyone wasn't impressed with Mims last season, then he either wasn't watching, wasn't paying attention, or saw what he wanted to see, perhaps because he wanted Claypool instead and was still pissed off about it.  

Honestly I probably fall into this category Claypool is clearly gonna be the better pro but I still think Mims will be solid......another thing to add is Douglas got overly praised for trading back and Mims falling to him twice as if that was his master plan.

3 hours ago, undertow said:

Honestly I probably fall into this category Claypool is clearly gonna be the better pro but I still think Mims will be solid......another thing to add is Douglas got overly praised for trading back and Mims falling to him twice as if that was his master plan.

It wasn't his master plan, but trading back was the right move at the time.  This was a team completely devoid of talent, and after being forced to stick and pick in round 1 so we could grab a LT, he needed to acquire more picks in the middle rounds.  I don't think he was concerning himself about which WR(s) would be there.  

Hopefully some of those middle rounders pop this year. 

5 hours ago, undertow said:

My opinion? I think JD sticking and picking Moore this year was a direct reaction to his move last year to trade down with multiple WRs on the board. I loved Mims in last year’s draft, and still think he can be a very good pro. Looking forward to seeing him in this system. But I also suspect that Mims might’ve been his consolation prize. This year, he wasn’t gonna miss on his top guy. 

• Upvote 3

I liked Mims coming out of college last year, but he has a ton to prove. Making a claim that he is "excellent" at anything at this point is pretty laughable.

Whether people want to admit it or not, he's much closer to "bust" than "star" at this point. I'm still hopeful he can turn things around.