Fitzpatrick- 2016 Season Worst of My Career

21 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Brady's arrogance (He thinks he's a great QB)

Yeah, because he's not?

lol

• Like 1
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our TEAM was a total turd that year, with a Head Coach (Bowles) on his was to 5, 5, and 4 win seasons, and riddled with injuries to key players and with key offensive players who, it turns out, had ha

Well, he should have never been brought back in the first place.  That entire offseason of him holding the Jets hostage was laughable and the down fall of that regime. That Chiefs game was the wo

Read article where he said this - yeah you were a total turd that year - I hated you too - after you choked like a baby trying to swallow a bowling ball in last game of 2015 and continued to play like

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I meant Fitzpatrick thinks he's great. 

LOL, gotcha

Dont agree though, dont get the impression that Fitz thinks hes great 

59 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL, gotcha

Dont agree though, dont get the impression that Fitz thinks hes great 

You're kidding right? 

Even after tossing 3 4th Quarter INTs week 17 vs Buffalo the following offseason? 

He acted and pretended to be Joe Namath and refused to re-sign without a guaranteed $12 million dollar contract. 

He's a scumbag.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
21 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're kidding right? 

Even after tossing 3 4th Quarter INTs week 17 vs Buffalo the following offseason? 

He acted and pretended to be Joe Namath and refused to re-sign without a guaranteed $12 million dollar contract. 

He's a scumbag.

No I'm not kidding, are you?

You actually believe that the money players ask for depends on something like how great he is as opposed to what he thinks he can get?

Never mind he got what he wanted.  Or that one bad quarter in a game the team shlt the bed in has nothing to do with it.  

Why do you argue always taking the side based on nonsense, like this one? 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No I'm not kidding, are you?

You actually believe that the money players ask for depends on something like how great he is as opposed to what he thinks he can get?

Never mind he got what he wanted.  Or that one bad quarter in a game the team shlt the bed in has nothing to do with it.  

Why do you argue always taking the side based on nonsense, like this one? 

The team didn't crap the bed. Only Ryan Fitzpatrick did. 

Our Defense held Buffalo's Offense to only 2 TDs all game. Our Defense didn't allow Tyrod Taylor to throw a single TD pass. Our Defense held Tyrod Taylor to only 183 passing yards and 0 TD passes throughout the entire game and our run Defense held Buffalo to only 113 rushing yards despite 43 rushing attempts against and that's an elite 2.62 yards per carry..

And to make it worse on our Defense they started off with awful defensive field position due to Fitzpatrick leading so many different 3 and outs throughout the entire game. 

You know who blew the game and we lost by only 5 points because of it? This guy...

Ryan Fitzpatrick:

• 16/37 (an atrocious completion percentage of only 43.2%). 

• Only 181 passing yards (and with Marshall/Decker/Enunwa that's embarrassing). 

• 3 4th Quarter INTs (despite his O-Line protected him with only 1 sack given up and his Defense kept him in the game) while completely melting down when it mattered the most (4th Q).

• A disgusting QB Rating of 42.7. 

It was more than just 1 quarters worth man he absolutely stunk week 17. He couldn't move the ball or pick up 1st downs throughout the entire game and his two TD passes changes none of that. 

• He had five (5) 3 and outs man and 3 of those 3 and outs were in the 1st quarter (he came out as flat as any QB could ever start a game). 

• Our first 4 drives resulting in punts bro and his last 3 drives were all INTs. 

• And on Defense throughout the final 2nd/3rd/4th Qs we allowed 0 TD's, forced 3 punts, recovered a fumble and only allowed 3 FGs during Buffalo's final 7 drives and only allowed 9 points throughout the 2nd/3rd/4th Q(s).

How can you blame anyone outside of Fitzpatrick for week 17 man? 

I just hate the ways that he A.) Collapsed week 17 and absolutely melted down. B.) Demanded a $12M contract the following offseason and then C.) After getting paid he immediately had the worst 2016 season as a QB that anyone could ever imagine it was Ryan Leaf bad. 

I can't never defend that Jet Nut and I also can't defend 17 years in the league with 0 Pro Bowls, 0 All-Pros and even worse 0 playoff games (despite 9 different teams). I just can't. 

@Green Bean

What do you think of this post about about Ryan Fitzpatrick? Do you agree with me?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The team didn't crap the bed. Only Ryan Fitzpatrick did. 

Our Defense held Buffalo's Offense to only 2 TDs all game. Our Defense didn't allow Tyrod Taylor to throw a single TD pass. Our Defense held Tyrod Taylor to only 183 passing yards and 0 TD passes throughout the entire game and our run Defense held Buffalo to only 113 rushing yards despite 43 rushing attempts against and that's an elite 2.62 yards per carry..

And to make it worse on our Defense they started off with awful defensive field position due to Fitzpatrick leading so many different 3 and outs throughout the entire game. 

You know who blew the game and we lost by only 5 points because of it? This guy...

Ryan Fitzpatrick:

• Only 181 passing yards (and with Marshall/Decker/Enunwa that's embarrassing). 

• 3 4th Quarter INTs (despite his O-Line protected him with only 1 sack given up and his Defense kept him in the game) while completely melting down when it mattered the most (4th Q).

• A disgusting QB Rating of 42.7. 

It was more than just 1 quarters worth man he absolutely stunk week 17. He couldn't move the ball or pick up 1st downs throughout the entire game and his two TD passes changes none of that. 

• He had five (5) 3 and outs man and 3 of those 3 and outs were in the 1st quarter (he came out as flat as any QB could ever start a game). 

• Our first 4 drives resulting in punts bro and his last 3 drives were all INTs. 

• And on Defense throughout the final 2nd/3rd/4th Qs we allowed 0 TD's, forced 3 punts, recovered a fumble and only allowed 3 FGs during Buffalo's final 7 drives and only allowed 9 points throughout the 2nd/3rd/4th Q(s).

How can you blame anyone outside of Fitzpatrick for week 17 man? 

I just hate the ways that he A.) Collapsed week 17 and absolutely melted down. B.) Demanded a $12M contract the following offseason and then C.) After getting paid he immediately had the worst 2016 season as a QB that anyone could ever imagine it was Ryan Leaf bad. 

I can't never defend that Jet Nut and I also can't defend 17 years in the league with 0 Pro Bowls, 0 All-Pros and even worse 0 playoff games (despite 9 different teams). I just can't. 

Instead of writing diatribes that are too long and miss the point you should watch the games and players you can’t stop talking about.  
The Jets played like shlt.  Revis was toasted all game.  He  covered Watkins and was toasted for 135 yards.  The team didn’t play well and Fitz didn’t help.  But to think he was solely to blame is wrong.  As wrong as how he played a year later is relevant to that game

• Upvote 1
On 7/22/2021 at 11:30 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

No way bro our Jets Defense held their QB to 0 TDs thrown and only 180 passing yards and our Defense only allowed 2 TDs throughout the entire game (despite bad field position the entire game). 

The only person to blame is Fitzpatrick who tossed three (3) 4th quarter INTs and we still only lost by 5 points despite sh*tztragic only throwing for an awful 181passing yards, an atrocious completion percentage of only 43% and an embarrassing QB Rating of 42.7. He stunk!

Yes Watkins whooped an aging Revis but overall our Defense played awesome and unfortunately had a QB who killed them with multiple 3 and outs before not one, not two but 3 fourth quarter INTs. 

Our Run defense was also lights out while giving up av average yards per carry of only 2.6 yards per carry despite defending the run 43x times.

Our Defense also had 2 sacks and 5 tackles for loss. 

The only one who deserves blame for week 17 was Ryan Fitzpatrick because our Defense and Todd Bowles did everything within their willpower to keep that game CLOSE!

I can't tell if your trolling or being serious

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Instead of writing diatribes that are too long and miss the point you should watch the games and players you can’t stop talking about.  
The Jets played like shlt.  Revis was toasted all game.  He  covered Watkins and was toasted for 135 yards.  The team didn’t play well and Fitz didn’t help.  But to think he was solely to blame is wrong.  As wrong as how he played a year later is relevant to that game

Um. Revis allowed 0 TDs. Jets Defense went 3 Q's 2nd/3rd/4th with only 9 points (3 FGs). 

I watched the game. Did you?

But yeah @Green Bean just released this video 1 hour ago and he feels the same way about that Buffalo game as me. 

https://youtu.be/QBSe9rWIkNA

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Um. Revis allowed 0 TDs. Jets Defense went 3 Q's 2nd/3rd/4th with only 9 points (3 FGs). 

I watched the game. Did you?

But yeah @Green Bean just released this video 1 hour ago and he feels the same way about that Buffalo game as me. 

https://youtu.be/QBSe9rWIkNA

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

That's how I felt when his first 3-4 drives were 3 and outs and punts and his last 3 drives were 3 INT's (all while our Defense allowed only 9 points throughout the final 3 Q's combined).

And that's how I felt while watching him go (during a win and you're into the playoffs week 17 game)...

Ryan Fitzpatrick:

• Only 181 passing yards (absolutely embarrassing). 

• 3 4th Quarter INTs (PATHETIC).

• A disgusting QB Rating of 42.7 (And that's the QB you're sticking up for)?

image.png.93ed7d9b5f7f5d752071f3a9407dc6bb.png

12 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

A disgusting QB Rating of 42.7 (And that's the QB you're sticking up for)?

Where was I sticking up for him?   Oh because I said the whole team came out flat, played themselves into a hole and as I said, Fitz couldn't win the game on his own.  

Sticking up.  Its over, you can save the diatribe for some other subject that you'll rant about and beat to death because, well because thats what you do.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Fitz killed us in that game.  He shat the bed.  No different than John Starks killing the Knicks championship run by going 2 for 18 against Houston in game 6.  

Some guys just don't have it in big spots.  Fitz is a career backup who got a couple of chances to lead a team.  He has never been able to lead a team to the playoffs.  The Jets with a decent NFL starting caliber QB in 2015 are a playoff team and competing for the division and a playoff bye.  Fitz threw a lot of TD's.  He also had a mediocre QB rating, high turnover ratio, low completion percentage on a team with an excellent run game and very good WRs.

52 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Fitz killed us in that game.  He shat the bed.  No different than John Starks killing the Knicks championship run by going 2 for 18 against Houston in game 6.  

Some guys just don't have it in big spots.  Fitz is a career backup who got a couple of chances to lead a team.  He has never been able to lead a team to the playoffs.  The Jets with a decent NFL starting caliber QB in 2015 are a playoff team and competing for the division and a playoff bye.  Fitz threw a lot of TD's.  He also had a mediocre QB rating, high turnover ratio, low completion percentage on a team with an excellent run game and very good WRs.

Exactly man and anyone who compares his 2015 to Namath of 1968, Vinny of 1998 and/or Pennington of 2002 doesn't know good QB play. 

And week 17 was all his fault. He had perfect O-Line protection and was only sacked 1 x but yet his first 4 drives were 3 and outs and punts and his final 3 drives were all INTs. 

And our Defense held their QB to 0 TD passes, held their running game to under 2.5 yards per carry and throughout the 2nd/3rd/4th Q allowed only 9 points (3 FGs) combined (despite awful field position throughout the entire game) and also created a fumble recovery for him too.

Anyone who blames our "Defense" and not sh*tztragic for losing by 5 points just doesn't know Football. 

Watch @Green BeanYouTube video where he perfectly describes Fitzpatrick week 17's Fitzpatrick disaster to a "T". 

9 different teams? 17 seasons? 0 playoff games?!? 0 All-Pros? Not even a single Pro Bowl? This guy STINKS and week 17 vs. Buffalo is all he's even been! 

He's a team killer and cried like a bitch when benched for Tua (a kid with actual talent and potential).

His 2016 Jets disaster is all he's ever been throughout his entire career losing career (he's a scumbag).

18 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Exactly man and anyone who compares his 2015 to Namath of 1968, Vinny of 1998 and/or Pennington of 2002 doesn't know good QB play. 

And week 17 was all his fault. He had perfect O-Line protection and was only sacked 1 x but yet his first 4 drives were 3 and outs and punts and his final 3 drives were all INTs. 

And our Defense held their QB to 0 TD passes, held their running game to under 2.5 yards per carry and throughout the 2nd/3rd/4th Q allowed only 9 points (3 FGs) combined (despite awful field position throughout the entire game) and also created a fumble recovery for him too.

Anyone who blames our "Defense" and not sh*tztragic for losing by 5 points just doesn't know Football. 

Watch @Green BeanYouTube video where he perfectly describes Fitzpatrick week 17's Fitzpatrick disaster to a "T". 

9 different teams? 17 seasons? 0 playoff games?!? 0 All-Pros? Not even a single Pro Bowl? This guy STINKS and week 17 vs. Buffalo is all he's even been! 

He's a team killer and cried like a bitch when benched for Tua (a kid with actual talent and potential).

His 2016 Jets disaster is all he's ever been throughout his entire career losing career (he's a scumbag).

That’s over the top.  He’s smart enough to be in the league for a long time as a career backup and make some serious money.  He got the keys handed to him as a starter several times and simple wasn’t good enough to start on a regular basis.  Not a scumbag.  Very smart and resilient.  Just not an elite NFL QB or a top 32 starting caliber NFL QB. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's a scumbag.

Says literally no one anywhere in the NFL, nor anyone he's ever played with.

And while we're at it, maybe lets save the use of "scumbag" for actual legitimate scumbags, not just anyone you dislike for any reason, eh?  Not resigning at a dollar value you prefer does not make anyone a "scumbag".  

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And while we're at it, maybe lets save the use of "scumbag" for actual legitimate scumbags, not just anyone you dislike for any reason, eh?  Not resigning at a dollar value you prefer does not make anyone a "scumbag".  

Here's not here for me to hurt his feelings and he's made hundreds of millions so I'm sure he couldn't care less. 

Screenshot_20210726-111702.thumb.png.e7c8daea11a962e5751d107b4cb432e0.png

I'm just having fun crapping all over him during the offseason so lighten up why don't ya 😜

On a more serious note I guarantee he doesn't win more than 3-4 games in Washington (behind a very good Defense).

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

How many different ways can I write that he didn't play well?  None of which changes the point that the whole team, Revis etc, played poorly.  The idea that is totally his fault is wrong

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How many different ways can I write that he didn't play well?  None of which changes the point that the whole team, Revis etc, played poorly.  The idea that is totally his fault is wrong

Now you're just being argumentative.   The defense was on the field for just under 40 minutes and allowed the Bills to score 6 points on two field goals in the second half.   The Bills had 182 passing yards, 295 net yards and 9 first downs.  One of their 2 TD's came on a 25 yard drive after a 5 play 15 yard drive and a blocked punt.  

The O was awful and Fitz sucked in that game.  In the 4th quarter of a tie game we had 3 drives all ended in an INT.   Buffalo scored 3 points on the turnovers despite the D being on the field forever.

Revis was so bad Taylor had a fantastic 87.2 rating, no TD's and a spectacular 6.5 yards per attempt.  

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Now you're just being argumentative.   The defense was on the field for just under 40 minutes and allowed the Bills to score 6 points on two field goals in the second half.   The Bills had 182 passing yards, 295 net yards and 9 first downs.  One of their 2 TD's came on a 25 yard drive after a 5 play 15 yard drive and a blocked punt.  

The O was awful and Fitz sucked in that game.  In the 4th quarter of a tie game we had 3 drives all ended in an INT.   Buffalo scored 3 points on the turnovers despite the D being on the field forever.

Revis was so bad Taylor had a fantastic 87.2 rating, no TD's and a spectacular 6.5 yards per attempt.  

Fitz killed us Week 17.  

Week 17 wouldn't have mattered without Fitz's stellar play in Weeks 1-16.

Reconcile that however you need to. 

Make excuses, give the credit to others, do what-if's about Geno Smith potential, whatever makes you happy.

All I know is our QB play since 2015 has been uniformly worse that it was in 2015.

And all I care about now is that we finally get a QB and offense who performs and produces better than Fitz could.

So far, it's been 5 years and counting. 

Hopefully year 6 post-2015 is finally the year we can put this topic to bed, because we finally have a QB worth discussing instead.

If we have something worth looking forward, we'd have far less need to look back and complain.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Fitz killed us Week 17.  

Make excuses, give the credit to others, do what-if's about Geno Smith potential, whatever makes you happy.

All I know is our QB play since 2015 has been uniformly worse that it was in 2015.

And all I care about now is that we finally get a QB and offense who performs and produces better than Fitz could.

Hopefully year 6 post-2015 is finally the year we can put this topic to bed, because we finally have a QB worth discussing instead.

If we have something worth looking forward, we'd have far less need to look back and complain.

I agree with your post in principle.  Fitz was not stellar in 2015, he played above his career mean and was at best average as an NFL QB.  He was above average in TD's and below average in almost every other QB stat.  Taking 16 as average.

If Zach isn't much better than Fitz in 2015 it's going to be a bad omen for our future.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Biggs said:

I agree with your post in principle.  Fitz was not stellar in 2015, he played above his career mean and was at best average as an NFL QB.  He was above average in TD's and below average in almost every other QB stat.  Taking 16 as average.

If Zach isn't much better than Fitz in 2015 it's going to be a bad omen for our future.  

This is usually the point where I remind everyone that "average" is better than almost every QB we've had, outside single seasons, sincew the mid-80's, lol.

Our Offense and QB are consistently low ranked and below average.  Even when our Offense has had a rare top 10 year, the QB was usually still below average.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Biggs said:

LOL, you are kidding right?  I just responded to you that I said Fitz played poorly and the whole team from Revis on down did also and youre back to prove me wrong.  Like what Taylors QB rating was. But hey, youre right, giving up 135 yards to a WR is good.

Bye, you'll bludgeon this ala DWC like you did a week ago trying to convince us that if a drafted QB busts it sets the franchise back 10 years.   Youre tiring.

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL, you are kidding right?  I just responded to you that I said Fitz played poorly and the whole team from Revis on down did also and youre back to prove me wrong.  Like what Taylors QB rating was. But hey, youre right, giving up 135 yards to a WR is good.

Bye, you'll bludgeon this ala DWC like you did a week ago trying to convince us that if a drafted QB busts it sets the franchise back 10 years.   Youre tiring.

Giving up 295 yards and 9 first downs is real good.  You're way to focussed on killing Revis.  The defense played very well in that game.

24 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Giving up 295 yards and 9 first downs is real good.  You're way to focussed on killing Revis.  The defense played very well in that game.

I didnt kill Revis, said he didnt play well.  He didnt.  Youre so focused on making excuses for him that day.  He gives up 135 yards to Watson and that was good?  Really?  On a day where Tyrod threw for less than 50 yards to anyone not named Watson?

Anyway, go away thinking whatever you want.  This is your MO.  Im not doing a DWC with you

On 7/21/2021 at 1:16 PM, Warfish said:

Our TEAM was a total turd that year, with a Head Coach (Bowles) on his was to 5, 5, and 4 win seasons, and riddled with injuries to key players and with key offensive players who, it turns out, had had their last gasp in the NFL in 2015.  Like both Marshall and Decker at WR, neither of whom ever had productive seasons after that 2015 campaign.

Decker washed out of the league after a forgettable meh season in Tenn. in 2017, Marshall had a total of 29 catches over two horrible years in 2017 and 2018 with the Giants and Seahawks.

People love to say Decker and Marshall 'made' Fitz in 2015.  The truth is Fitz squeezed the last drops of decent pro-level play from two clearly declining veterans WR's on their way out, both of whom were either hurt or utterly worthless that next year (2016) and both of whom were out of the NFL shortly thereafter. 

Fans may not get it, but the league and it's GM's did.  Bowles is back as a D-Co where he was great.  Decker and Marshall are long gone.  Fitz is, somehow, a starting QB for a 2020 playoff team, lol.  Man that must burn some asses round here, lol.

We should all hope our new Golden Boy can throw for 3,900 yards and 31 or more TD's sometime soon, so we can finally put the Fitz Era (our last decent QB season) behind us for good.

Wow!! 6 ppl down voted this?!?  Why?? It’s just stating facts. No one ever did anything again that was on the 2016 team. Like 10% of the roster was on the team in 2018. 

I have no bloody idea what you ppl are seeing that deserved a down vote

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I didnt kill Revis, said he didnt play well.  He didnt.  Youre so focused on making excuses for him that day.  He gives up 135 yards to Watson and that was good?  Really?  On a day where Tyrod threw for less than 50 yards to anyone not named Watson?

Anyway, go away thinking whatever you want.  This is your MO.  Im not doing a DWC with you

Your moving the goal posts.  You're trying to deflect the fact that Fitz killed the team, you're pointing to Revis who didn't cost us the game, Fitz did.  Stop being so argumentative.  

On 7/21/2021 at 2:02 PM, CSNY said:

Fitzpatrick is and always will be a below average QB who should be grateful to have lasted this long in the NFL and even more thankful that Mac caved and gave him that ridiculous contract. He is horrible 

the current trend of hyperbole is disgusting. Horrible? What are you, 19 with a C cup living in Orange County. Hackenberg was Horrible. Luke Falk was horrible. Fitzpatrick? Smh

• Upvote 1
44 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Your moving the goal posts.  You're trying to deflect the fact that Fitz killed the team, you're pointing to Revis who didn't cost us the game, Fitz did.  Stop being so argumentative.  

One last time for you sonny.  I said Fitz didnt play well as the case with Revis.  

You've spun from Taylor having a really good game, to Revis played well to I'm just going after Revis.

You havent stopped arguing since I said Fitz didnt play well and the team didnt play well.  You didnt the same shlt a week ago with your loony a miss on a QB throws teams off by 10 years.  You used the same moving goalposts and argumentative whine. You are the most argumentative person on the board and dont know how to move on.

I have.  Leave me alone

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Fitz killed us Week 17.  

And guess who's the one who started that crap trend of bad QB play after week 16 of 2015? Fitzpatrick. 

He was paid $12 million (guaranteed) to play like this?

2016: sh*tztragic -

3-8 (.272%). 

228/403 (56.6%).

2,710 passing yards (193.5 per game because he played 14 games and was benched due to poor play).

12 TDs/17 INTs. 

6.7 yards per attempt. 

QB Rating of only 69.6. 

I'm sorry but agree week 17 how can you even defend that crap? 

And you're wrong about his "stellar play weeks 1-16" too. 

Most overrated freaking Jets QB of All-Time. 

• The guy had one game of 0 TDs. Three games of only 1 TD and nine games of only 2 TDs which means he had 13 games of 2 TDs or fewer lol.

• The guy had two games of 2 INTs and another two games of 3 INT's and our Jets went 0-4 during those multiple INT games. 

• The guy had 5 crap QB Rating games of only 42.7, 52.9, 57.6, 62.6 and 76.5. 

Most overrated QB season of All-Time. 

Please stop acting as if it was all "Fitzpatrick" during 2015 who "carried us" and not our Defense that ranked #4 in the league overall and also #1 in 1st downs allowed, #2 in run defense and #5 in yards per play against...

Look @ my username and you expect me to believe you while acting as if it were FITZPATRICK who had us in playoff position week 17? It wasn't. It was Todd Bowles and Fitz ruined it on him. 

• Thumb Down 1
1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Dude. 

He doesn't even realize how it was Todd Bowles and our Defense who had us in playoff position heading into week 17 and not "Ryan Fitzpatrick". 

Our top 5 Defense ranked #4 overall.

And also...

#1 in 1st downs allowed.

#2 in run defense.

# 5 in average yards per play against.

But yeah let's continue to let these guys lie to us while giving "Fitzpatrick" credit for weeks 1-16?!?!?

And me and you we're both right. Our Defense (not "Revis) as a TEAM played lights out week 17. 

We only allowed 2 TDs and both were during the 1st Q while Fitzpatrick came out FLAT with 4 3 and outs during the 1st Q and one of those TDs given up were because of his 3 and out and then a punt block that placed Buffalo damn near inside the red zone 

But what did our Defense do after the 1st Q? They 100% responded (unlike Fitzpatrick).

Our Defense only gave up 9 points throughout quarters 1-3 and also caused a fumble (that Fitz did nothing with).

Held Buffalo to 0 TDs and only 3 FGs. 

Held Buffalo's 40+ rushes to under 2.5 yards per carry (proving why we were the NFLs top 4 overall DEFENSE and #2 against the run).

If Jets fans think our 2015 offense was better than Todd Bowles defense? They don't know Football and if they also don't 100% blame Fitzpatrick for week 17 while crapping on the Defense who gave him a chance? Not worth even arguing with anymore...

They don't want to ADMIT how throughout all of 2015...

• The guy had one game of 0 TDs.

Three games of only 1 TD

And nine games of only 2 TDs

√ 13 games of 2 TDs or fewer lol.

• The guy had two games of 2 INTs.

And another two games of 3 INT's.

√And our Jets went 0-4 during those multiple INT games (of his).

• The guy had 5 crap QB Rating games of only 42.7, 52.9, 57.6, 62.6 and 76.5. 

These guys won't tell us any of this though. They have yet to even MENTION Todd Bowles TOP 5 DEFENSE OF 2015 (4th) while absolutely PRAISING Fitzpatrick for "his" 2015. 

That team was a true SB contender under Todd Bowles if not for Fitzpatrick who completely held us back and not just week 17 either.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Fitz killed us Week 17.  

You leave out that Fitz was the QB that started this horrible run you mention when he came crashing down to earth from his mediocre perch in 2015 to a typical disaster in 2016.  There is a reason he on his 9th team and that is because he can't even sustain mediocrity.  He stunk in week 17 in 2015 and the stench continued in to 2016.  That stench led to the Darnold debacle.  If Fitz was even mediocre, as you claim, he could arguably still be the Jets QB ( putting aside how horrible that would be).

36 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

You leave out that Fitz was the QB that started this horrible run you mention when he came crashing down to earth from his mediocre perch in 2015 to a typical disaster in 2016.  There is a reason he on his 9th team and that is because he can't even sustain mediocrity.  He stunk in week 17 in 2015 and the stench continued in to 2016.  That stench led to the Darnold debacle.  If Fitz was even mediocre, as you claim, he could arguably still be the Jets QB ( putting aside how horrible that would be).

So now it's also Fitz's fault Darnold was drafted and sucked, because he 'started that run'?  

Some of you need serious mental help.  Really.  

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

Fitz is a top 10 qb and great locker room guy.  Unfortunately he got held back by mediocre receivers while he was here

• Haha 2