Point Differential: 

32nd. 

Offense:

32nd in points scored. 

32nd in total yards. 

32nd in average yards per play.

32nd in 1st downs. 

32nd in scoring percentage. 

32nd in EXP (expected points contributed by all offense).

32nd in 4th quarter comebacks.

32nd in game winning drives. 

31st in passing attempts. 

31st in total amount plays.

31st in NY/A. 

31st in passing 1st downs.

31st in rushing TDs. 

30th in pass completions.

30th in passing TDs.

30th in completion percentage.

30th in QB Rating.

30th in broken tackles.

29th in passing attempts.

29th in penalty yards against. 

28th in sack percentage allowed.

28th in yards after catch.

27th in average yards per run.

26th in penalties committed.

25th in longest run. 

25th in rushing yards before first contact.

24th in INTs thrown.

24th in sacks allowed.

23rd in rushing yards. 

23rd in 1st down runs. 

22nd in rushing attempts.

21st in 1st downs by penalty.

14th in turnovers. 

Defense

31st in plays allowed against.

31st in 1st downs allowed by penalty.

30th in missed tackles. 

28th in 1st downs allowed.

28th in passing 1st downs allowed.

28th in passing completions allowed.

28th in passing attempts allowed. 

28th in passing yards given up. 

28th in passing TDs allowed. 

27th in penalty yards committed.

27th in yards after catch allowed. 

26th in points allowed. 

26th in INTs created. 

26th in penalties committed.

26th in EXP (expected points contributed by all Defense).

26th in average minutes per drive allowed.

25th in QB pressure percentage.

24th in yards allowed.

24th in rushing attempts allowed. 

24th in turnovers created.

24th in scoring percentage allowed.

24th in points allowed per drive. 

23rd in NY/A. 

23rd in QB knockdown percentage.

22nd in QB pressures.

21st in sacks.

21st in yards per play against. 

20th in QB hurries percentage.

18th in QB knockdowns.

17th in rushing TDs allowed.

16th in QB hurries.

12th in rushing yards allowed.

11th in 1st down runs given up. 

7th in a average yards per rush against.

Special Teams:

32nd in FGs blocked.

32nd in extra points made. 

32nd in KR TDs. 

32nd in PR TDs.

32nd in kickoff attempts.

32nd in punting yards allowed.

32nd in most amount of punts.

32nd in punts returned 20+ yards.

31st in extra point percentage.

30th in punt return yards.

29th in punting net average.

29th in average yards per punt. 

28th in average yards per KR. 

27th in FG percentage.

26th in FGs made. 

25th in average KR yards allowed. 

23rd with punts inside the 20.

22 in FGs attempted.

20th in average yards per punt return.

Etc. Etc. 

image.thumb.png.cb5f3d8900aab75b48f75cbfcd3bcb63.png

From Offense, Defense and Special teams that 2020 team of last year absolutely QUIT under Adam Gase and therefore he will always and forever own his 2-14 trainwreck record of 2020 (just as Rich Kotite still to this day owns his 1-15 disastrous record of 1996) and his 2-14 stink also left our locker room immediately after his firing (just as 1-15's stink immediately left following Kotite's firing).

rawImage.jpg

image.thumb.png.e4c47a270eea1a6e15acadcb80e9cf88.png

All of that to say this.

Robert Saleh @ +2,000 odds for NFL Coach of the Year is the play of the year and not only because $100 pays you $2,100 and/or $1000 pays you $21,000 but because he's already in the drivers seat and that's because from Offense to Defense and to Special Teams? His 2021-2022 Jets can only go one direction, and that's upwards; because it's impossible to do any worse than Adam Gase of 2020. 

image.png.7bf38a8c10760a8149d42bc9ce37a546.png

That man changed my Knicks losing locker room culture around during year #1; and coach Saleh is here to (already) do the same. 

image.thumb.png.e807e176491fbda7cc7f65891764e6d7.png

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Hey! I’m a glass half full kinda guy. 14th in turnovers?

pretty, pretty, good!

Don't be misled. 

That's only because we couldn't pick up 1st downs and didn't maintain the ball long enough in order to commit more turnovers ?

In all seriousness last year I was too Jets frustrated to even look up team stats but when I did earlier today? I realized it was worse than I had even thought it could've been from offense to defense and to special teams that team absolutely quit and checked out before the season even ever began. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Don't be misled. 

That's only because we couldn't pick up 1st downs and didn't maintain the ball long enough in order to commit more turnovers ?

In all seriousness last year I was too Jets frustrated to even look up team stats but when I did earlier today? I realized it was worse than I had even thought it could've been from offense to defense and to special teams that team absolutely quit and checked out before the season even ever began. 

My mistake

8 minutes ago, Alka said:

Even with Gase as bad as he was, the Jets defense was still 7th in the NFL in defending the run.

Even Gase couldn't destroy the run defense.  That is saying something!!

Our run defense should easily become top 3 this year with A.) Quinnen Williams finally returning home to his natural position of 4-3 DT (instead of 3-4 Space eating NT which was criminal) and B.) A fully healthy and ready to dominate C.J. Mosley @ MLB 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Our run defense should easily become top 3 this year with A.) Quinnen Williams finally returning home to his natural position of 4-3 DT (instead of 3-4 Space eating NT which was criminal) and B.) A fully healthy and ready to dominate C.J. Mosley @ MLB 

Well, at least you’re setting yourself up for disappointment…

again.

• Haha 2

Just now, the Claw said:

Well, at least you’re setting yourself up for disappointment….

How so?

Gase turned me into a once natural homer who would never root for my team to lose (outside of a meaningless week 17 game for draft position) into a negative darksider who rooted for my own team to lose starting week 5. 

Gase destroyed me as a Jets fan but Robert Saleh has saved me and has me feeling like a kid again. 

There is absolutely no disappointment in going from Adam Gase (the ?) to coach Robert Saleh none whatsoever. 

Try again. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

How so?

Gase turned me into a once natural homer who would never root for my team to lose (outside of a meaningless week 17 game for draft position) into a negative darksider who rooted for my own team to lose starting week 5. 

Gase destroyed me as a Jets fan but Robert Saleh has saved me and has me feeling like a kid again. 

There is absolutely no disappointment in going from Adam Gase (the ?) to coach Robert Saleh none whatsoever. 

Try again. 

Your expectations, man. You always come at sh*t with these high expectations. 3rd in the league at something? Christ, just be happy they win some games and may be competitive. 

7 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Your expectations, man. You always come at sh*t with these high expectations. 3rd in the league at something? Christ, just be happy they win some games and may be competitive. 

I was screaming playoffs with a Rookie Rex Ryan because I'll always believe in DWC. While fans were laughing at me in 2009 I got to laugh all the way into back to back AFC Championship Games and heading into 2009? I was mocked for my "homerism" when 99.9% never gave us a prayer of a chance.

2009 = Rookie HC. Rookie OC. Rookie DC and Rookie QB. 

2021 = Rookie HC. Rookie OC. Rookie DC and Rookie QB. 

2021 has me feeling like heading into 2009 all over again but this time with an offense that's 10x more talented at skilled player positions and our O-Line of Becton/Vera-Tucker/Moses has the potential to dominate absolutely dominate as Ferguson/Mangold/Woody did during 09. 

Yes. I'm expecting awesome things to come from a Saleh led locker room and Adam Gase of 2020 can't change what's already been changed (a brand new Jets culture).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I was screaming playoffs with a Rookie Rex Ryan because I'll always believe in DWC. While fans were laughing at me in 2009 I got to laugh all the way into back to back AFC Championship Games and heading into 2009? I was mocked for my "homerism" when 99.9% never gave us a prayer of a chance.

2009 = Rookie HC. Rookie OC. Rookie DC and Rookie QB. 

2021 = Rookie HC. Rookie OC. Rookie DC and Rookie QB. 

2021 has me feeling like heading into 2009 all over again but this time with an offense that's 10x more talented at skilled player positions and our O-Line of Becton/Vera-Tucker/Moses has the potential to dominate absolutely dominate as Ferguson/Mangold/Woody did during 09. 

Yes. I'm expecting awesome things to come from a Saleh led locker room and Adam Gase of 2020 can't change what's already been changed (a brand new Jets culture).

I mean, do you, I guess.

10 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Give DWC some credit.  He didn’t make this post all about him and his fandom and his Nostradamus prediction claims.

.nah, he waited until the replies to do that.

Baby steps.

Hey man you've been here 10+ years and I'm still waiting for you to create your first ever Jets thread. I'd love to see your creative thinking because unfortunately if all of us Jets fans were like you? We'd have absolutely nothingness to talk about with a career 0 threads started on JN ? in all seriousness man grow a pair and create a freaking thread already ?

Baby steps. But you can do it (I believe in you).

12 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

No I wasn't. And I wasn't banned. I was suspended for 30 days. But that was weeks/months after the firing of Adam Gase took place (I missed out on nothing). 

Dude it was a joke~ 

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Hey man you've been here 10+ years and I'm still waiting for you to create your first ever Jets thread. I'd love to see your creative thinking because unfortunately if all of us Jets fans were like you? We'd have absolutely nothingness to talk about with a career 0 threads started on JN ? in all seriousness man grow a pair and create a freaking thread already ?

It’s all starting to make sense now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

In fairness to DWC the information at the beginning of the post was just a preamble to his real point of the money line odds of Saleh winning Coach of the Year which @ +2000 might be worth a  100.00 flyer 

That’s actually not a bad bet

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I guess I must only start my threads when you’re on one of your vacations.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Shotty Jr wasnt a rookie OC

Rex wasnt a rookie DC.  And he was the DC

You're right about Shotty Jr. I forgot he took over in 2006 but you're wrong about Rex because Mike Pettine was our rookie DC.

Rex may have called most of the 2009 plays but it was Mike Pettine who was coordinating the defensive game plan throughout the entire weeks heading into games.

2009 = Rookie HC. Rookie DC. Rookie QB.

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're right about Shotty Jr. I forgot he took over in 2006 but you're wrong about Rex because Mike Pettine was our rookie DC.

Rex may have called most of the 2009 plays but it was Mike Pettine who was coordinating the defensive game plan throughout the entire weeks heading into games.

2009 = Rookie HC. Rookie DC. Rookie QB.

As I said Rex was the DC, he'd proudly tell you that/. 

I'll bet anything that its flipped, Rex came up with he game plan leading up until game day and left his book of plays for Pettine to choose from.  Until Rex overruled Pettine 

So no rookie DC or OC.