Jets agree to terms with Elijah Moore

10 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Per Cimini

Slotted deal is $8.94 million, including a $3.86 million signing bonus. That leaves one unsigned pick - Zach Wilson.

If this kid can not go bat ish crazy he will go down as the 2nd best draft pick in franchise history.

22 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He was probably told, as most rookies are, to sit back and let his agent get the best deal for him that he possibly can. I don’t think any of it is intentional, spiteful or personal with the Jets org.

It’s just business and it’s taking longer than we’d of liked. We’ve been thru this with McCarthy and Darnold in 2018.

This tends to happen the most with top 5 QB selections. There’s more contract language included, more guaranteed money and incentives.

I was just being sarcastic bra I couldn't care less if he's holding out because I know he'll be here for training camp.

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I love Joe Douglas and as a grown man I love how he's not in the business of being punked by a couple of Rookies.

Zach Wilson. All eyes are on you. Stop being an offseason punk, sign the dotted line and become a leader already. 

This kid is like water. 

OOOOO AHHHHHH WUUUUU Wa Wa  

1 hour ago, Action Zachtion said:

I'm a huge fan of unfounded speculation, but If Zach says "give me the Lawrence deal or I don't sign" then more power to him.  He isn't a fan, this is his job. I would not sign for less terms than Lawrence. 

On the flip side, if you are JD, and you know your QB1 is going to get special terms, maybe you want to sign everyone else first?

The draft was amazing.  Some of the other moves I'm not sure about, because I don't know the reasoning behind them.  If JD gives Zach the Lawrence deal and gets him into camp, it's the right move IMO.  I'd like to see JD is willing to go all in to lock a guy up.  This isn't always about pinching a penny, sometimes you've got to spend.  If Wilson is a miss these terms are a drop in a bucket, so I'd like to see big picture wisdom here.  

Think you solved the mystery right here! 

JD responded: “Sure kid! But if you want the Lawrence deal, you have to get the Lawrence haircut!” 

Hence the stalemate. Remember Fat Mac in that hairdo…shivers.  

• Haha 2

Excited for camp and hopefully KRL reports. Hoping to hear a lot  about all of our rookies making great plays… especially on defense. Jets loaded up on offense, but looking forward to reports on our CB’s and hybrid LB’s stepping up and of course this guy:

Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) Tweeted:
RD 6 | PICK 207 - Jets: Jonathan Marshall DT, Arkanas

Measuring in at 6-3, 310 pounds, Marshall tested through the roof at his pro day. His 4.81-second 40, 32-inch vertical jump, and 36 bench press reps helped him earn the top athleticism score (99) among 2021 defensive tackles. https://t.co/mKpTNWYWSa

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Action Zachtion said:

I'm a huge fan of unfounded speculation, but If Zach says "give me the Lawrence deal or I don't sign" then more power to him.  He isn't a fan, this is his job. I would not sign for less terms than Lawrence. 

On the flip side, if you are JD, and you know your QB1 is going to get special terms, maybe you want to sign everyone else first?

The draft was amazing.  Some of the other moves I'm not sure about, because I don't know the reasoning behind them.  If JD gives Zach the Lawrence deal and gets him into camp, it's the right move IMO.  I'd like to see JD is willing to go all in to lock a guy up.  This isn't always about pinching a penny, sometimes you've got to spend.  If Wilson is a miss these terms are a drop in a bucket, so I'd like to see big picture wisdom here.  

The signing  everyone first if planning to cave to Wilson is an excellent observation. But honestly, if Wilson doesn’t work out pretty sure Douglas will be on his way out anyways. So just do it already! I guess. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Old discussion at this point, but Moore's ability to find seams and get open is going to be really really valuable and helpful with an athletic QB who can move around and buy time to get passes off. 

Also, Moore seems to be able to function as a quasi RB, so maybe the Jets can run some of those options, which is extra interesting with the RB Carter, who seems to be a pretty good WR for a RB. 

Nice to see Jets got weapons for Wilson, but also weapons that make sense for how Wilson plays and the offense the Jets want to run. 

• Upvote 1