Jets agree to terms with Elijah Moore

14 hours ago, Action Zachtion said:

I'm a huge fan of unfounded speculation, but If Zach says "give me the Lawrence deal or I don't sign" then more power to him.  He isn't a fan, this is his job. I would not sign for less terms than Lawrence. 

On the flip side, if you are JD, and you know your QB1 is going to get special terms, maybe you want to sign everyone else first?

The draft was amazing.  Some of the other moves I'm not sure about, because I don't know the reasoning behind them.  If JD gives Zach the Lawrence deal and gets him into camp, it's the right move IMO.  I'd like to see JD is willing to go all in to lock a guy up.  This isn't always about pinching a penny, sometimes you've got to spend.  If Wilson is a miss these terms are a drop in a bucket, so I'd like to see big picture wisdom here.  

It has nothing to do with spending. The salary is set by the CBA based on draft position. So it is about timing of the payments (i.e., signing bonus vs. game checks) or minor language like offsets. But the actual amount is set by the CBA.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, viffer said:

It has nothing to do with spending. The salary is set by the CBA based on draft position. So it is about timing of the payments (i.e., signing bonus vs. game checks) or minor language like offsets. But the actual amount is set by the CBA.

Yeah it's about trying to recoup a few million at the end of the contract if things go poorly.  There seems to be a long history of top QBs getting all the terms waived though so I'm not sure what the argument is about.  

9 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

Yeah it's about trying to recoup a few million at the end of the contract if things go poorly.  There seems to be a long history of top QBs getting all the terms waived though so I'm not sure what the argument is about.  

What QB's have gotten the terms of the CBA waived?

To my knowledge they have ALL signed with in the $ structure of the CBA.  Don't think a team is allowed to pay more even if they wanted to.  

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

What QB's have gotten the terms of the CBA waived?

To my knowledge they have ALL signed with in the $ structure of the CBA.  Don't think a team is allowed to pay more even if they wanted to.  

Yeah it's not more money.  It's the offsets and losing the gaurentee for getting a league fine or suspension and when the bonus gets paid.  Small stuff.