Jump to content

Recommended Posts

First, my sincere condolences to the Knapp family. How utterly devastating to them. 
 

I really only ask because I live out in Arizona, I don’t get a chance to listen to much radio nowadays, and I’m kind of out of the loop due to work and a new puppy (named Jet, not coincidentally).  Has there been any talk about who might replace Coach Knapp?

  • Thumb Down 20
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, shevys said:

First, my sincere condolences to the Knapp family. How utterly devastating to them. 
 

I really only ask because I live out in Arizona, I don’t get a chance to listen to much radio nowadays, and I’m kind of out of the loop due to work and a new puppy (named Jet, not coincidentally).  Has there been any talk about who might replace Coach Knapp?

Seriously? This couldn’t have waited a few days?

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The time will come for that.  As sad as it is I'm sure guys like Joe D who have a responsibility for the team and staff have unfortunately been forced to think about this sooner than they'd like to.  But we don't have to do that, and we shouldn't.

Our thoughts should first be with Greg's family and friends.  They've lost a treasure of a man.  My friend who knew Greg pretty well is devastated.

But from a football standpoint there will also be an emotional impact on the team, especially for those who worked closely with him.  I'm sure that guys like Saleh, LaFleur, and Zach Wilson are still in a state of shock and this will take a toll on the whole team.  They won't be able to move past this very quickly.

At some point the attention will turn to staffing, but not now.  And I don't envy guys like Joe D who unfortunately have to think about that.

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Seriously? This couldn’t have waited a few days?

why should it wait? its not disrespectful to want to know the back up plan, who is going to fill in etc. This isnt the funeral thread. Grow up. Dont try to bash someone who is just asking a question. Geeze.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

these comments are ridiculous. 

Its a fair question. the posters isnt saying hey screw that family i dont care about this guys anymore since he is not on team. All these bata males - none of you were personal friends or family. SO asking waht the plan is on a JET focused website forum seem perfectly fine. 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

why should it wait? its not disrespectful to want to know the back up plan, who is going to fill in etc. This isnt the funeral thread. Grow up. Dont try to bash someone who is just asking a question. Geeze.

So you made this thread under a burner account? Makes sense 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

why should it wait? its not disrespectful to want to know the back up plan, who is going to fill in etc. This isnt the funeral thread. Grow up. Dont try to bash someone who is just asking a question. Geeze.

Honestly, I don't think shevys should be bashed either, but it is a bit too soon for this.  Heck, the Jets probably aren't even 100% sure what they're going to do so as fans, yeah, a total waste of time to even think about this.  As fans....we'll find out when we find out.  For now, let's just support the Knapp family, Greg's friends, and our New York Jets who just lost a great human being from their football family.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shevys said:

First, my sincere condolences to the Knapp family. How utterly devastating to them. 
 

I really only ask because I live out in Arizona, I don’t get a chance to listen to much radio nowadays, and I’m kind of out of the loop due to work and a new puppy (named Jet, not coincidentally).  Has there been any talk about who might replace Coach Knapp?

 

2C12C2DA-30FA-4331-B933-9893821EF336.jpeg

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

So you made this thread under a burner account? Makes sense 

lol i dont have a burner Jetsnation account - I am not ashamed of my thoughts, posts or any idea i have about the team. I think maybe someone you guys that such soft pallets maybe should, i would be embarrassed to be so sensitive, off topic i knwo, we are 2021 so everyone need to be overly feminine. I get it, but geeze guy just asked about the plan. I dont know what it is but I assume someone else on the coaching staff will fill in.  It would be interesting to know who that is. 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Honestly, I don't think shevys should be bashed either, but it is a bit too soon for this.  Heck, the Jets probably aren't even 100% sure what they're going to do so as fans, yeah, a total waste of time to even think about this.  As fans....we'll find out when we find out.  For now, let's just support the Knapp family, Greg's friends, and our New York Jets who just lost a great human being from their football family.

I dont think asking who might be replacing him or what the plan is - goes against the knapp family or Jets. The comments seemed to suggest otherwise and trying to act like they do is just disgusting. the fake concern. I agree with you 100 percent and most if not all fans are are deeply concerned and saddened by the loss of life. Sounds liek he was just on his bike and got hit. Its terrible. 

But asking what the plan is not some bad thing - saying stuff liek too soon is when you make fun of someone or make little of someone after a tragic event. This post was not that at all. I for one am curious as well. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

If only there was a device in your hand that could help you find that information when it became available?

 

Credit to Rutgers I believe 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said, first and foremost are condolences to the family. It’s a terrible tragedy.

I don’t know when a good time to ask something like this is, honestly. Never, probably. But since most of the board has their pulse on the Jets more locally than I do, and it’s a Jets discussion board, I guess my curiosity got the best of me. Good or bad timing will never bring the man back, sadly. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Larz said:

If only there was a device in your hand that could help you find that information when it became available?

 

Credit to Rutgers I believe 

I mean yeah that's my line but even I wouldn't throw out jokes on this one, least of all the day it happened. Guy was a father.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...