Jump to content

New York Knickerbockers: 2021-2022


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rose locked up for 3/$43 million. That is really a bunch of years and it looks like the Knicks are comfortable with running it back. Barring major trades this is the squad the Knicks are rolling with

@Defense Wins Championships I was simply trying to be a good citizen by pointing out that everything seems to turn into a war with you and that kills off the debate that we all come here to enjoy

I’d follow an Obadiah onto the beaches of Normandy. 

Posted Images

Wow, two solid picks by the Knicks given the spots. Both good fits and will help d

 

EDIT: wait what? I don’t get the WOJ thing on espn. If it’s real or not. Confused but whatever

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Does anybody know what the Knicks are doing?

Meh, a steady back up defensively feisty shooting guard instead of the two most athletic players in the draft, I guess? Sigh, whatevs

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Does anybody know what the Knicks are doing?

Such limited upside with how protected with that Charlotte pick is. Not sure it was even worth it, but maybe they use it for a future trade or something. The Knicks tried everything to move up into the lottery but I guess this was the best they could do. They were never going to carry 3 rookies, so turning 1-2 of the picks into other assets was always going to happen, but the way they did it was just a big meh. Grimes can shoot though, so he could be a gem. I dunno, weird draft all around for the league tbh.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Such limited upside with how protected with that Charlotte pick is. Not sure it was even worth it, but maybe they use it for a future trade or something. The Knicks tried everything to move up into the lottery but I guess this was the best they could do. They were never going to carry 3 rookies, so turning 1-2 of the picks into other assets was always going to happen, but the way they did it was just a big meh. Grimes can shoot though, so he could be a gem. I dunno, weird draft all around for the league tbh.

True. Fairly underwhelming. But at least they’re filling out their collection of old man names. Julius. Rowan. Frank. Theophilus. Reginald. Obadiah. Quentin.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Does anybody know what the Knicks are doing?

Well dont ask the Knicks. That was totally bizzare.  What are they going to do with 4 rookies?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Well dont ask the Knicks. That was totally bizzare.  What are they going to do with 4 rookies?

Probably mostly draft and stash. I don't think they are expecting the Lithuanian dude to come over this year. The last two probably Summer League to G-league like they've done for second rounders in the past. Grimes they'll carry and seems like insurance for if they can't keep Bullock.

All reports today are they tried like hell to move up for Suggs when he fell and were bent on trading up for Duarte but nobody bit. I'm apt to believe it all because there were no trades that took place before pick 16 which is weird AF. Everyone in the top 15 was cool where they were and weren't interested in the Knicks latter half picks. Can't blame the Knicks for that. Seems like the Knicks accepted the inevitable and rather than draft a bunch of guys they couldn't carry they kicked the can down the road in order to keep assets on the books. Underwhelming for sure but when you look at the way everything played out this was just a sh*tty draft to be outside the lottery unless you had vets or good contracts to include in an offer, which the Knicks don't.

Outside of them making a miracle happen on draft night this offseason was always going to be about free agency anyways. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

True. Fairly underwhelming. But at least they’re filling out their collection of old man names. Julius. Rowan. Frank. Theophilus. Reginald. Obadiah. Quentin.

Obadiah is such a gangster name.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a theory here but with how quiet the Knicks were last night it's hard to fathom that something big is not in the works. Randle in his prime, the team's hot on Thibs, and the Bucks showed anything can happen in the East for the next few years. Knicks already had a bunch of draft capital so that Charlotte deal screams of stacking chips for a deal. Ball or Lillard? Beal seems like a longshot but who knows with Washington. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Does anybody know what the Knicks are doing?

They are betting the future Charlotte first rounder is higher than 19 in a better draft

 

decent bet

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Just a theory here but with how quiet the Knicks were last night it's hard to fathom that something big is not in the works. Randle in his prime, the team's hot on Thibs, and the Bucks showed anything can happen in the East for the next few years. Knicks already had a bunch of draft capital so that Charlotte deal screams of stacking chips for a deal. Ball or Lillard? Beal seems like a longshot but who knows with Washington. 

Doubt any huge trades happen unless the knicks are doing due diligence and shopping Randle which they should be

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Well dont ask the Knicks. That was totally bizzare.  What are they going to do with 4 rookies?

Other than Grimes I expect the other 3 in the developmental team in Westchester

 

Grimes dominating the nba draft combine scrimmages 

https://youtu.be/ntzq95t53Gk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Such limited upside with how protected with that Charlotte pick is. Not sure it was even worth it, but maybe they use it for a future trade or something. The Knicks tried everything to move up into the lottery but I guess this was the best they could do. They were never going to carry 3 rookies, so turning 1-2 of the picks into other assets was always going to happen, but the way they did it was just a big meh. Grimes can shoot though, so he could be a gem. I dunno, weird draft all around for the league tbh.

 

3 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

Other than Grimes I expect the other 3 in the developmental team in Westchester

 

Grimes dominating the nba draft combine scrimmages 

https://youtu.be/ntzq95t53Gk

Quentin Grimes, or Grimey as he liked to be called, taught us that a man can triumph over adversity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

That’s great, but will anyone take our money?

Outside of Paul it's hard to fathom any free agents taking a big chunk of that pie. Not too many top tier guys. Maybe they splurge on Dinwiddie or Fournier but unless Rose changes course I doubt he gives them the type of deal they are looking for. If the Knicks can't land Paul they'll shoot their shot on a trade or two and pay Noel and Bullock, but if they can't make someone like Lillard or Beal happen they will bank a lot on 22 and 23 when the free agency pools are much deeper. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Outside of Paul it's hard to fathom any free agents taking a big chunk of that pie. Not too many top tier guys. Maybe they splurge on Dinwiddie or Fournier but unless Rose changes course I doubt he gives them the type of deal they are looking for. If the Knicks can't land Paul they'll shoot their shot on a trade or two and pay Noel and Bullock, but if they can't make someone like Lillard or Beal happen they will bank a lot on 22 and 23 when the free agency pools are much deeper. 

Thought everybody has Dimwiddie in a sign and trade with Washington?

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Thought everybody has Dimwiddie in a sign and trade with Washington?

Knicks stuff has been popping up with him for weeks. There’s definitely interest but it’s the hoopshypeverse so who the **** knows

Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank NTilikina not being offered a Q.O. Means he’ll be a FA.

Charlie Ward Curse will Have to Wait

Charlie Ward isn’t necessarily a household name among NBA fans, but for the New York Knicks and their following, he represents an ineptitude within the front office’s scouting department that goes back years.

Since he left the team via trade in 2004, no rookie has signed a second contract to return to the team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I missed it.  Do we still think the draft is going to push the Knicks to the 2nd round and beyond?   Weird draft.  The Nets made a bunch of moves and ended up with 5 players.  I think Thomas, Sharpe and the kid out of Pepperdine all have a shot to contribute, but all the picks scream of more moves being on the way. 

Shame to move on from Shamet.  He was a weird looking/awkward dude to watch, but he had some game.  They moved on so they wouldn't have to pay him, but I assume he will help the Suns out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Burks 3/$30 million

Noel 3/$32 million

Those are fantastic contracts. $10 million a year is not what it used to be, I think it's the MLE now. Especially for what Noel brings to the table with Robinson's injuries. Locking up both those guys was just as important as anything for the Knicks and getting them at to reasonable deals at the outset is very unknicksey. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lowry to Miami and Paul back with Phoenix. Looks like Bullock to Mavs which is a bummer but if that means the Knicks get Fournier that’s fine and IMO they probably like Grimes as a replacement for Bullock anyways.

Also that Paul contract is absurd and is going to absolutely suuuuuck for Phoenix.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rose locked up for 3/$43 million. That is really a bunch of years and it looks like the Knicks are comfortable with running it back. Barring major trades this is the squad the Knicks are rolling with for the next few years. They must be pretty confident in Fournier. I think they should prioritize bringing Taj back now.

I'm a bit mixed on all of this but it's clear they are confident in their younger guys continuing to develop and that's something I can certainly get behind. Maybe they move Barrett eventually but with his work ethic I'm going to remain hopeful he continues to round out. Not taking into account the growth of the young guys this is a better team than last year so it's hard to complain about much but RJ, Quickley, and Toppin better step it up.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Rose locked up for 3/$43 million. That is really a bunch of years and it looks like the Knicks are comfortable with running it back. Barring major trades this is the squad the Knicks are rolling with for the next few years. They must be pretty confident in Fournier. I think they should prioritize bringing Taj back now.

Let's go Knicks!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bronx said:

That dude can ball.

We'll see. With the interchangeability of everyone at the 2 and 3 I question how much time he's going to even get and I think he's poised for a rookie year like Toppin had with minutes. Tbh I'm more intrigued by McBride. Knicks tried to prioritize PG but came up short and are crazy thin at the 1. If he has a good summer he'll be on the team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

We'll see. With the interchangeability of everyone at the 2 and 3 I question how much time he's going to even get and I think he's poised for a rookie year like Toppin had with minutes. Tbh I'm more intrigued by McBride. Knicks tried to prioritize PG but came up short and are crazy thin at the 1. If he has a good summer he'll be on the team.

Feel like we've been coming up short for over a decade now. Christ, I remember convincing myself to get excited for Pablo Prigioni and Alexey Shved. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Feel like we've been coming up short for over a decade now. Christ, I remember convincing myself to get excited for Pablo Prigioni and Alexey Shved. 

Can you blame them this time around? They had to beat 4/120 for Paul or 3/90 for Lowry. **** that. Moving fast on locking up Rose at that salary was a solid consolation prize. At least this time around is Leon is keeping their options open when things don't work out.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...