Report: Davante Adams not happy in Green Bay

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets got a million picks to use in a trade, Adams only 28 years old and the best WR in football 

You'll get a lot of naysayers, and I'd generally be one of them. I don't believe in spending $$$ on 1 big name WR and I do believe in building a WR corp through the draft. 

All that said, there are few other players that I could see come in and truly make a big difference on Zach's career arc. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Has Joe Douglas given yall any indication he's going to give up premium picks for a receiver? Get this this thought out of your heads. 

What GM wouldn't trade a premium pick for a premium receiver? But it's not that simple.  

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

JD just signed Corey Davis to a big contract, he negotiated to keep Jamison Crowder here for another year, he has used two 2nd round picks on wide receivers in two years. I don’t think he’s going to throw a bag of money and picks at Davante Adams.

Now, if this discussion were happening around free agency time prior to the signing of Davis, maybe something happens. But not now. Adding Adams at the tippy top of the wide receiver depth chart pushes everybody down. It means guys like Mims won’t see the field much, and I just get the feeling JD wants to develop some of these younger guys here.

If the Jets were a win-now team with a wide receiver problem then this move would make sense. Not now.

Maybe for next year they can make a move on him 

33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Has there ever been a high end football player that has not been: unhappy, disrespected, not valued , can't feed my family

all the while pulling down 16.5 million?

He isn't. 13.25 in cash this year.

He's in the last year of his deal, talking extension. They let him hit FA, he'll get over 20M, either on the market or on a franchise tag. I think if you were being paid 7M less than you could get, or about 60% of your market, you'd probably be pissed too.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

JD just signed Corey Davis to a big contract, he negotiated to keep Jamison Crowder here for another year, he has used two 2nd round picks on wide receivers in two years. I don’t think he’s going to throw a bag of money and picks at a Davante Adams trade.

Now, if this discussion were happening around free agency time prior to the signing of Davis, maybe something happens. But not now. Adding Adams at the tippy top of the wide receiver depth chart pushes everybody down. It means guys like Mims won’t see the field much, and I just get the feeling JD wants to develop some of these younger guys here.

If the Jets were a win-now team with a wide receiver problem then this move would make sense. Not now.

Agreed. 

The time to acquire Davante Adams was in 2014.  With the 17th pick in the second round, Adams was on the board (along with Allen Robinson and Jarvis Landry), we needed a pass catcher, and we took Jace Amaro.  Adams went 4 picks later to the Packers.  20/20 hindsight, I know.  But now is not the time to give up picks and $$$ to acquire him.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

He's in the last year of his deal, talking extension. They let him hit FA, he'll get over 20M, either on the market or on a franchise tag. I think if you were being paid 7M less than you could get, or about 60% of your market, you'd probably be pissed too.

Pretty sure  I read on OTC the franchise tag on WR's is  under $16M

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets got a million picks to use in a trade, Adams only 28 years old and the best WR in football 

Why would the best WR in football want to leave one of the greatest QB's in football and a winning team to come to the Jets, a team with the worst offense in the NFL over the past 10 years, a perennial losing team, with a rookie head coach and a rookie QB as yet to throw a pass in the NFL?

Of all the places he could go in a trade, and that he might support, why do you think he'd want to come here specifically, now?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

No thanks. We don't need a big name with a big contract that costs multiple picks. Wr is very much a money ball position these days. How often were the jets beat by the rb, te, or 3rd wr when revis was blanketing the opposing team's best wr? I would say the Jets will be on the rise the next two years, but will really peak and be ready for a real run as Adams turns 30+. Those resources are better spent getting multiple young guys who will contribute beyond the next year or two. I think the Jets could have a winning record this year, but I wouldn't swing for the fences though by mortgaging the future on a long shot that the Jets will get to the playoffs and make a run this year. 

Sorry Denzel Mims but we've got Zach Wilson on the line here. 

Offer them our 1st and our 2nd + Jamison Crowder (we'd still have Seattle's 1st and Carolinas 2nd). 

WR #1: Davante Adams. 

WR #2: Corey Davis. 

Slot: Elijah Moore. 

WR #4: Denzel Mims. 

This automatically becomes the NFL's most talented WR core. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why would the best WR in football want to leave one of the greatest QB's in football and a winning team to come to the Jets, a team with the worst offense in the NFL over the past 10 years, a perennial losing team, with a rookie head coach and a rookie QB as yet to throw a pass in the NFL?

Of all the places he could go in a trade, and that he might support, why do you think he'd want to come here specifically, now?

Maybe you haven’t been following recent events but Rodgers will not be playing for GB anymore. And if Jets pay Adams a contract what does he care where he plays 

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

A.) Because one of the greatest QBs of All-Time no longer wants to play for his Packers? 

B.) Because the Jets have the best draft capital combined with the most available cap space of any team within the entire NFL; and it's up to GB to trade him where they want him to go and not the other way around (because he's a player and not a GM).

QB: Zach Wilson. 

WR1: Davante Adams. .

WR2: Corey Davis. 

WR4: Denzel Mims. 

RB: Michael Carter. 

C.) That's one of the most talented WR rooms this league has EVER witnessed. 

• Upvote 1

JD just signed Corey Davis to a big contract, he negotiated to keep Jamison Crowder here for another year, he has used two 2nd round picks on wide receivers in two years. I don’t think he’s going to throw a bag of money and picks at a Davante Adams trade.

I get what you're saying and it definitely has merit. BUT ... I think it's a lot easier to groom a rookie QB when you have a security blanket WR like Adams and grooming Wilson is the most important thing for this franchise. Whether Mims ever develops is irrelevant if Wilson doesn't. If Wilson develops, Mims won't matter much either way. We would have one of the best WR groups in the NFL and a Shanahan  running game with a high potential o-line if we did this. THAT is how you support a young QB.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

A.) Because one of the greatest QBs of All-Time no longer wants to play for his Packers? 

B.) Because the Jets have the best draft capital combined with the most available cap space of any team within the entire NFL; and it's up to GB to trade him where they want him to go and not the other way around (because he's a player and not a GM).

WR1: Davante Adams. .

C.) That's one of the most talented WR rooms this league has EVER witnessed. 

That would be a ridiculous set of weapons to put around Wilson. If all it would take is Seattle’s 1st round pick it’s very tempting 

• Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Yes last year of his deal, also the nice age old shell game of ignoring any up front bonuses or front loaded deals and then complaining bout how little you are paid.

18 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

A 1st, a 5th, a 6th and a 4th

I'd give one 1st, one 2nd + Jamison Crowder. 

2020: 115 Receptions (77.2% catch rate), 1,374 Receiving yards and 18 TD's (despite only 14 games). 

He also recorded 18 receptions for 133 receiving yards and 2 TDs during his two playoff games despite being double teamed. 

Actually? I'll give them one 1st, both of our 2nd round picks and also Jamison Crowder in return of the NFL's most dominant outside WR who's still only 28 years of age. 

He's too dominant to pass up and I'm tired of NE getting Randy Moss, Buffalo getting Diggs and Tampa Bay paying $100,000,000 to win a SB right in front of my face down here in Florida and Adams would make all 3 of Corey Davis/Elijah Moore/Denzel Mims 10x better and more importantly would give Zach Wilson an immediate HOF weapon in HIS PRIME!

• Upvote 1

Agreed and I LOVE adams. 

31 other fan bases posted about davante as well this morning.

11 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Maybe you haven’t been following recent events but Rodgers will not be playing for GB anymore. And if Jets pay Adams a contract what does he care where he plays 

He's already rich and maybe he wants to keep winning and be happy as opposed to say being Leveon Bell. Some people care far less about money than others. Which isn't to say they don't value its ability to pay bills and buy stuff. Just that other things may matter more (probably a lot easier when you're already rich).

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

That would be a ridiculous set of weapons to put around Wilson. If all it would take is Seattle’s 1st round pick it’s very tempting 

Just let me know if the Jets become involved in this rumor because if so? I'm immediately putting my coach Saleh COY bet in @ +2,000 odds because I was going to wait until training camp ended to avoid injuries but fk that because Adams becoming a Jet makes those COY odds of +2000 to only +500 or something.

LT: Mekhi Becton. 

LG: Alijah Vera-Tucker.

RT: Morgan Moses.

WR1: Davante Adams. 

When's the last time we've legit had 9 Offensive players who we're excited for come each and ever Sunday? That offense becomes the most feared offense within all of Football and would make both Mark Sanchez and Sam Darnold hate us for life.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Agreed and I LOVE adams. 

31 other fan bases posted about davante as well this morning.

Yeah but who has the cap space and draft capital to actually make a trade like this work. The Jets definitely do. Talk about having a super bowl window on a QB rookie contract? Putting a ridiculous set of weapons around him would be a nice start

21 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sorry Denzel Mims but we've got Zach Wilson on the line here. 

Many ways that can work out. Maybe Adams comes here with an ego demands the ball at all times and screws up Wilson's development. Meanwhile Mims wasn't bad last year and showed a lot of good stuff when he was on the field. He could very easily blossom into a big time WR this year, but not if he doesn't get reps. I also understand Mims could be a slug, I doubt it, and that Adams could help the team as a mentor (wrs) and solid target (Z man). It could go either way easily, but I doubt Adams would come here if he can go to an established team ready to go deep into the playoffs. Does he have a trade clause in his contract? Even if he doesn't players have a lot more say where they go these days.

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Oh this would be fantastic.

That's a franchise-changing move, and I do not say that flippantly. 

You give your new franchise QB a bonafide #1 receiver and you tell him "we are prepared to give you whatever you need to be successful".

• Upvote 2