Report: Davante Adams not happy in Green Bay

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

JD just signed Corey Davis to a big contract, he negotiated to keep Jamison Crowder here for another year, he has used two 2nd round picks on wide receivers in two years. I don’t think he’s going to throw a bag of money and picks at a Davante Adams trade.

Now, if this discussion were happening around free agency time prior to the signing of Davis, maybe something happens. But not now. Adding Adams at the tippy top of the wide receiver depth chart pushes everybody down. It means guys like Mims won’t see the field much, and I just get the feeling JD wants to develop some of these younger guys here.

If the Jets were a win-now team with a wide receiver problem then this move would make sense. Not now.

Corey is not on the same planet as Adams. If that contract keeps him from going after Adams, that would be highly disappointing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

I'd love to have Adams on the Jets, but in all honesty there is no way Douglas gives up significent draft capitol for a one year rental.  

There would have to be a deal in place, and I just don't see that happening.  

It wouldn't be a 1 year rental.

It'll become a 3 years rental ala 2021, 2022 Franchise tag and 2023 Franchise tag x2.

And then by the time he's turning 31 JD can feed Adams to the FA wolves while Zach Wilson is now fully developed and ready for year #4.

JD just Invested the #2 overall pick into Zach Wilson and there's 0.00% chance he'd turn down an opportunity to protect his prized QB with the NFL's #1 WR weapon. 

JD also traded Adams for two 1st round picks and Sam Darnold for a 2nd and after using one Jamal pick in a trade up for Alijah Vera-Tucker I can easily picture him giving GB a 1st, 2nd and 27-28 year old Jamison Crowder. 

• Upvote 1

you guys are hilarious....DA is not going to go from Aaron Rodgers to a completely unknown QB on a dumpster fire of a team for the last 10 years. and JD wont trade for him, because Adams wont want to come here. In order for the jets to be the arizona cardinals, or the tenessee titans...they need to show potential on the field....make veterans want to get in on the ground level of the next great run.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

It would be beyond VERY stupid on JD's part to trade for a top player who your hoping will turn your team around, and then TAG him and bring all that drama to the locker room.  Not going to happen.

Ok then sign him 3-5 years for all I care because the NFL is a passing league and we're #1 or #2 in available salary cap space + A+ draft capital. 

N.E got Randy Moss and went to the SB @ 18-1. Buffalo got Diggs and made Josh Allen look like a HOF QB.

And I want the same for Zach Wilson. 

5 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

you guys are hilarious....DA is not going to go from Aaron Rodgers to a completely unknown QB on a dumpster fire of a team for the last 10 years. and JD wont trade for him, because Adams wont want to come here. In order for the jets to be the arizona cardinals, or the tenessee titans...they need to show potential on the field....make veterans want to get in on the ground level of the next great run.

So where’s he gonna go? The raiders? We’re in a better position than them right now. If Davante does become available for trade the Jets would be in a very good position to make a move for him considering the draft pick capital and cap space

2 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Has Joe Douglas given yall any indication he's going to give up premium picks for a receiver? Get this this thought out of your heads. 

I mean he made Corey Davis the highest paid free agent WR this last off-season and has invested 2 2nd round picks in the position so far. So yes, it does seem to me he values the position quite a bit 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

o.k I'm going to exit this thread because it's getting my hopes up too much. 

Please someone tag me asap and immediately if the Jets become rumored to be in the running this way I can hurry up and drive to our local game room (no speeding) in order to catch Saleh COY +2000 before those odds decrease drastically. Please. Thnx you. 

Also 1 more question.

Does anyone know which team throughout Vegas is favored to land Adams? I can't find it. But if Jets are top 3 I'm not waiting I'll go and place my Saleh bet right now.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Ok then sign him 3-5 years for all I care because the NFL is a passing league and we're #1 or #2 in available salary cap space + A+ draft capital. 

N.E got Randy Moss and went to the SB @ 18-1. Buffalo got Diggs and made Josh Allen look like a HOF QB.

And I want the same for Zach Wilson. 

Because the Pats was where he wanted to go.. And they were a Bowl favorite every year.

4 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Because the Pats was where he wanted to go.. And they were a Bowl favorite every year.

Well anyone would love to leave boring ass Green Bay for the bright lights of NYC where Adams can make millions just off of NYC marketing alone. 

How do YOU know Adams wouldn't LOVE to play for coach Saleh?!?

Stop acting like we've got Adam Gase and stop acting like Curtis Martin wasn't traded to a LOSING FRANCHISE not even two years removed from 1-15. 

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean he made Corey Davis the highest paid free agent WR this last off-season and has invested 2 2nd round picks in the position so far. So yes, it does seem to me he values the position quite a bit 

I think he definitely values the position, but is also probably done after all that spending (and Cole, too). Davis signed for @ $12.5M/year, Adams could come close to doubling that with his next contract. That’s not a move I see JD making, and that’s if Adams would even agree to come here. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

A.) Because one of the greatest QBs of All-Time no longer wants to play for his Packers? 

B.) Because the Jets have the best draft capital combined with the most available cap space of any team within the entire NFL; and it's up to GB to trade him where they want him to go and not the other way around (because he's a player and not a GM).

QB: Zach Wilson. 

WR1: Davante Adams. .

WR2: Corey Davis. 

Slot: Elijah Moore. 

WR4: Denzel Mims. 

RB: Michael Carter. 

C.) That's one of the most talented WR rooms this league has EVER witnessed. 

A. is still very much TBD.

B. is very much naïve as to modern sports.

C. "most talented WR room the league has ever seen", lol.  Ok.

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

So where’s he gonna go? The raiders? We’re in a better position than them right now. If Davante does become available for trade the Jets would be in a very good position to make a move for him considering the draft pick capital and cap space

There is a list of about 10 teams that i am sure he would gladly go to, and as we know the NFL salary cap is funny money...so you can miss me with those arguments. spoiler....we are not in that 10.

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

A.) Because one of the greatest QBs of All-Time no longer wants to play for his Packers? 

B.) Because the Jets have the best draft capital combined with the most available cap space of any team within the entire NFL; and it's up to GB to trade him where they want him to go and not the other way around (because he's a player and not a GM).

QB: Zach Wilson. 

WR1: Davante Adams. .

WR2: Corey Davis. 

Slot: Elijah Moore. 

WR4: Denzel Mims. 

RB: Michael Carter. 

C.) That's one of the most talented WR rooms this league has EVER witnessed. 

crack is a hell of a drug

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Actually I'm not done with this thread just yet. 

For all of you Jets fans claiming Adams wouldn't love to leave boring Wisconsin for NYC...

Should I make a list of 50 players who've left their team for other losing teams?

Tom Brady is one. Went to a team that hadn't made the playoffs in like 13 years. FA. 

K. Mack is another. Traded to a Chicago franchise who's damn near been a joke since the year I was born 85 Bears. 

Curtis Martin and Kevin Mawae coming to the sucky Jets are another two. 

Heck Peyton Manning went to Denver who ain't been crap since John ELWAY!

Stop acting as if FAs or trades only happens for teams like Dallas, NE, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Broncos, Raiders, Redskins, Dolphins, Colts, Ravens, Packers and Giants etc because those are the ONLY NFL Franchises with multiple SBs and all order teams are nothing but career losers. 

3 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

This makes sense from Davante's standpoint. If Aaron won't be the QB there anymore, he shouldn't waste his prime years. Better to become a FA, choose where to go, and still get paid. He and Carr are supposedly best friends, and Carr has been pushing for him for a while.

agreed maybe not with Carr but Adams knows more than anyone if rodgers is leaving, and if he leave I woudl not stay in greenbay either

51 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He's given up 2 second rounders for two of them already.

Oh you mean he built through the draft? Sure he drafted 2 guys for his own coaches to develop. Joe isn't gonna give up draft picks for Adam's just isn't gonna happen. Receiver's are a dime dozen you can find talent at that position anywhere. 

44 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

crack is a hell of a drug

Hey bruh. Not cool. I had a family member who was hooked on that stuff, he pawned my super Nintendo for crack when I was 9-10 years old and overdosed from crack/heroin when I was 23. Both were in his system. So watch what the fk you say to people on a sports message board. I live for my family and the only "drug" I take is my metformin. I smoked marijuana up until I became a father 10 years ago and now I'm just high off life and waiting for my son's arrival (baby DWC).

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Hey bruh. Not cool. I had a family member who was hooked on that stuff, he pawned my super Nintendo for crack when I was 9-10 years old and overdosed from crack/heroin when I was 23. Both were in his system. So watch what the fk you say to people on a sports message board. I live for my family and the only "drug" I take is my metformin. I smoked marijuana up until I became a father 10 years ago and now I'm just high off life and waiting for my son's arrival (baby DWC).

If I have to explain to you that I don’t REALY think you are on crack and that’s why you think the Jets have the best receivers in history….we have nothing to talk about anyways…have a good life lol

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

If I have to explain to you that I don’t REALY think you are on crack and that’s why you think the Jets have the best receivers in history….we have nothing to talk about anyways…have a good life lol

Never said any of that. 

What I did say was...

Adams (#1).

Davis (#2).

Elijah (Slot).

Mims (#4).

Would immediately create for ONE OF the most talented WR groups of All-Time because you've got two #1's in Adams who's the NFL's #1 WR and Corey Davis who's an animal @ #2, an Elijah with A.J. Brown type of ability (broke Ole' Miss All-Time single season receptions record during only 8 games) and Denzel Mims as a #4?

That's disgusting.

I bet you can't list me 20 WR units who've ever featured that much WR talent. 

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

11.)

12.)

13.)

14.)

15.)

16.)

17.)

18.)

19.)

20.)

Go. Shoot your best shot. 

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Never said any of that. 

What I did say was...

Adams (#1).

Davis (#2).

Elijah (Slot).

Mims (#4).

Would immediately create for ONE OF the most talented WR groups of All-Time because you've got two #1's in Adams who's the NFL's #1 WR and Corey Davis who's an animal @ #2, an Elijah with A.J. Brown type of ability (broke Ole' Miss All-Time single season receptions record during only 8 games) and Denzel Mims as a #4?

That's disgusting.

I bet you can't list me 20 WR units who've ever featured that much WR talent. 

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

11.)

12.)

13.)

14.)

15.)

16.)

17.)

18.)

19.)

20.)

Go. Shoot your best shot. 

ok now that we are back from overreaction town...

u do realize that Devante Adams playing with Aaron Rodgers has 2....count them 2....receiving seasons over 1000 yards right? no argument that he is a good player, but there is a very good reason GB doesnt want to make him the highest paid receiver in football. IF we are lucky and Wilson turns out...we should never ever make ANY receiver the highest paid in football ever again. the entire premise in todays NFL is to pay the QB instead of overpaying receivers

Cory Davis was literally considered a bust as the 5th overall pick until he had a decent year last year, which BTW...was under 1000 receiving yards on a team where a. he wasnt the focal point and b. they have the best play action in football next to green bay

Moore is a rookie. i actually think he can be a stud...but rookie receivers usually take time, he is undersized, and again a rookie...who has proven nothing

Mims...ok....i like Mims but wake me up when he catches a TD in an NFL game. Guy had like 300 receiving yards last year...are u serious?

I dont have the time to list out 20 ALL TIME (lol) tandems....but how about just 2021

Cowboys

Vikings

Bucs

?

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I get what you're saying and it definitely has merit. BUT ... I think it's a lot easier to groom a rookie QB when you have a security blanket WR like Adams and grooming Wilson is the most important thing for this franchise. Whether Mims ever develops is irrelevant if Wilson doesn't. If Wilson develops, Mims won't matter much either way. We would have one of the best WR groups in the NFL and a Shanahan  running game with a high potential o-line if we did this. THAT is how you support a young QB.

No doubt about it.  We need to surround Wilson with capable talent and good hands.  I think Corey Davis does that.  Great intermediate route runner, solid hands, some YAC, etc.  Sure, he's not Davante Adams but he is absolutely a solid veteran security blanket, as is Crowder for Wilson's first season.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Oh you mean he built through the draft? Sure he drafted 2 guys for his own coaches to develop. Joe isn't gonna give up draft picks for Adam's just isn't gonna happen. Receiver's are a dime dozen you can find talent at that position anywhere. 

JD has shown no consistent way of managing the roster.  Meaning he’s taken multiple approaches doing what he thinks is best.  
He’s traded picks to move up, he’s traded down to acquire picks, he’s traded top players for picks, traded picks for players, and he’s signed top players, for big money, in FA. Including a WR. 

He has given us no indication at all that he wouldn’t trade for a high end player.  
I have no doubt If he thinks it’s best for the roster he absolutely would.

I'm not saying it's a good move or a bad move or he should do it or shouldn't.

Just that to say, from what we know, JD def. wouldn't do it is just incorrect. 

• Upvote 1

DaVante Adams is the best WR in the NFL. 

What better way to welcome your rookie franchise QB to the NFL.

JD has to realize sooner or later premium players are required to win championships. 

I hope JD gets a deal done. 

This team will be legit with this addition.

He is the #1 WR in the NFL.

• Post of the Week 1