Report: Davante Adams not happy in Green Bay

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Actually I'm not done with this thread just yet. 

For all of you Jets fans claiming Adams wouldn't love to leave boring Wisconsin for NYC...

Should I make a list of 50 players who've left their team for other losing teams?

Tom Brady is one. Went to a team that hadn't made the playoffs in like 13 years. FA. 

K. Mack is another. Traded to a Chicago franchise who's damn near been a joke since the year I was born 85 Bears. 

Curtis Martin and Kevin Mawae coming to the sucky Jets are another two. 

Heck Peyton Manning went to Denver who ain't been crap since John ELWAY!

Stop acting as if FAs or trades only happens for teams like Dallas, NE, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Broncos, Raiders, Redskins, Dolphins, Colts, Ravens, Packers and Giants etc because those are the ONLY NFL Franchises with multiple SBs and all order teams are nothing but career losers. 

Just stop.  It's not going to happen.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Hey bruh. Not cool. I had a family member who was hooked on that stuff, he pawned my super Nintendo for crack when I was 9-10 years old and overdosed from crack/heroin when I was 23. Both were in his system. So watch what the fk you say to people on a sports message board. I live for my family and the only "drug" I take is my metformin. I smoked marijuana up until I became a father 10 years ago and now I'm just high off life and waiting for my son's arrival (baby DWC).

Now this post is.........a lot of information

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Actually I'm not done with this thread just yet. 

For all of you Jets fans claiming Adams wouldn't love to leave boring Wisconsin for NYC...

Should I make a list of 50 players who've left their team for other losing teams?

Tom Brady is one. Went to a team that hadn't made the playoffs in like 13 years. FA. 

K. Mack is another. Traded to a Chicago franchise who's damn near been a joke since the year I was born 85 Bears. 

Curtis Martin and Kevin Mawae coming to the sucky Jets are another two. 

Heck Peyton Manning went to Denver who ain't been crap since John ELWAY!

Stop acting as if FAs or trades only happens for teams like Dallas, NE, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Broncos, Raiders, Redskins, Dolphins, Colts, Ravens, Packers and Giants etc because those are the ONLY NFL Franchises with multiple SBs and all order teams are nothing but career losers. 

I bet your grammer school teacher often had you stand for an hour after class in detention. And when that didnt work made you face the wall in detention.. Guess that didnt work either. 

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

I bet your grammer school teacher often had you stand for an hour after class in detention. And when that didnt work made you face the wall in detention.. Guess that didnt work either. 

Why make it personal because you dont like his opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

So what would you trade to acquire Adams knowing you are going to have to make him the highest paid WR in the league?  

crab apples. Nothing

Short of QB, elite pass rusher, and probably LT --> i'm not making anyone the highest paid anything. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why make it personal because you dont like his opinion.

Joe Willy White Shoes Namath did you notice how I ignored him like a ?? I usually only engage with Jets fans who I enjoy talking with and even the ones who give me a hard time I'll quote in return but pricks like him? You shouldn't have quoted him. Out of sight is out of mind man. 

Over the past 5 years Adams has combined for 458 receptions, 5,639 receiving yards and 58 TD Receptions; and that's absolutely disgusting. 

17 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

lmao seems like things are going great in Green Bay right now, Zadarius trying to see his house 

ugh, on the cusp of a toxic lockerroom that is unsalvageable. 

Doesn't matter if it's Walmart or The Packers -- if employees lose faith and trust in leadership, the culture will erode until there's nothing left but workplace complaints, inappropriate touching, and a drunk frank sleeping in the stationary closet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

DaVante Adams is the best WR in the NFL. 

What better way to welcome your rookie franchise QB to the NFL.

JD has to realize sooner or later premium players are required to win championships. 

I hope JD gets a deal done. 

This team will be legit with this addition.

He is the #1 WR in the NFL.

No he's not. That  honor gos to DIggs or Hopkins. Adams has had the luxury of playing with Rodgers which definately spruces up his stats. And who else does Rodgers now have to throw to? No one. He's top 10 but not #1. I'd even take  Metcalf over him. And you know you would to. 

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It wouldn't be a 1 year rental.

It'll become a 3 years rental ala 2021, 2022 Franchise tag and 2023 Franchise tag x2.

And then by the time he's turning 31 JD can feed Adams to the FA wolves while Zach Wilson is now fully developed and ready for year #4.

JD just Invested the #2 overall pick into Zach Wilson and there's 0.00% chance he'd turn down an opportunity to protect his prized QB with the NFL's #1 WR weapon. 

JD also traded Adams for two 1st round picks and Sam Darnold for a 2nd and after using one Jamal pick in a trade up for Alijah Vera-Tucker I can easily picture him giving GB a 1st, 2nd and 27-28 year old Jamison Crowder. 

It's striking how much you don't care about alienating your surrounding community.

The rest of us are saying hey - DWC, please stop. And you ignore those requests. The profile of only child with no accountability in the workplace? Honestly, i dont know how else you can be this intentionally dismissive. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

No he's not. That  honor gos to DIggs or Hopkins. Adams has had the luxury of playing with Rodgers which definately spruces up his stats. And who else does Rodgers now have to throw to? No one. He's top 10 but not #1. I'd even take  Metcalf over him. And you know you would to. 

Yes he is.  

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sorry Denzel Mims but we've got Zach Wilson on the line here. 

Offer them our 1st and our 2nd + Jamison Crowder (we'd still have Seattle's 1st and Carolinas 2nd). 

WR #1: Davante Adams. 

WR #2: Corey Davis. 

Slot: Elijah Moore. 

WR #4: Denzel Mims. 

This automatically becomes the NFL's most talented WR core. 

You really should stick to the defensive side of things.

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

So where’s he gonna go? The raiders? We’re in a better position than them right now. If Davante does become available for trade the Jets would be in a very good position to make a move for him considering the draft pick capital and cap space

Keep dreaming you’re in a better position than the Raiders .    Everyone keeps crapping on the Raiders offense line decision , but it will be one of the best offense lines in football next year.( built for zone blocking scheme)    Last year rookie  guard J Simpson made tremendous improvement in his game film from week 2-4. To week 16,-17  was a beast .  Could force his way into starting lineup.   ( shows the coaching he’s getting that he can show that much improvement not playing).   One guard position they are missing for the future as ever offense lineman 25  and younger. 

If B Edwards ( only question can start healthy) they don’t  need D Adams .  He’s stays healthy will be one of the better wr’s in the league .( kids that good).  Ruggs- watch the year he has in 2021 will see him utilized a lot better on the short, and intermediate routes this year. One of the best slot receivers in Hunter Renfrow - eats man to man coverage. Needs to improve against zone coverages.   Watch this undrafted Wr Dillon Stoner .  

They have one of the best Rb duo in Josh  Jacobs, and K Drake .( compliment each other games nicely) .   Best fullback in football Alex ingold.    Best starting Te duo in D Waller , and  Foster Moreau ( complete te’s )

This Raiders defense is young and going to be a lot better in 2021.( all defense has to be is average and with there explosive offense a playoff team) Gus Bradley defense a lot more basic than Paul Gunther.    Raiders pass rush going to be light years better than last year unit.  Keep  dreaming when Raiders are getting ready for the playoffs , Jets will be talking draft again.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Keep dreaming you’re in a better position than the Raiders .    Everyone keeps crapping on the Raiders offense line decision , but it will be one of the best offense lines in football next year.( built for zone blocking scheme)    Last year rookie  guard J Simpson made tremendous improvement in his game film from week 2-4. To week 16,-17  was a beast .  Could force his way into starting lineup.   ( shows the coaching he’s getting that he can show that much improvement not playing).   One guard position they are missing for the future as ever offense lineman 25  and younger. 

If B Edwards ( only question can start healthy) they don’t  need D Adams .  He’s stays healthy will be one of the better wr’s in the league .( kids that good).  Ruggs- watch the year he has in 2021 will see him utilized a lot better on the short, and intermediate routes this year. One of the best slot receivers in Hunter Renfrow - eats man to man coverage. Needs to improve against zone coverages.   Watch this undrafted Wr Dillon Stoner .  

They have one of the best Rb duo in Josh  Jacobs, and K Drake .( compliment each other games nicely) .   Best fullback in football Alex ingold.    Best starting Te duo in D Waller , and  Foster Moreau ( complete te’s )

This Raiders defense is young and going to be a lot better in 2021.( all defense has to be is average and with there explosive offense a playoff team) Gus Bradley defense a lot more basic than Paul Gunther.    Raiders pass rush going to be light years better than last year unit.  Keep  dreaming when Raiders are getting ready for the playoffs , Jets will be talking draft again.

lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

You're a real fan. Love to see a fan really support his team. Even if he's completely delusional. 

dd.gif

• Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

ok now that we are back from overreaction town...

u do realize that Devante Adams playing with Aaron Rodgers has 2....count them 2....receiving seasons over 1000 yards right? no argument that he is a good player, but there is a very good reason GB doesnt want to make him the highest paid receiver in football.

I can't stand when fans point to 1,000 yards as a line in the sand. 

You do realize in 2016 he had 997 receiving yards and 12 TDs, right?

You're ignoring 3 yards from saying 3x?

In 2019 he had 997 receiving yards and 12 TDs too and you do know that, right?

So you're 6 yards away from saying 4x. 

And you do know that only 5 Jets WRs have ever recorded 12+ TDs during a single season, right? 

Let's stop talking about "two seasons" when this kid has only been in the league for 7 years and throughout the previous 5 seasons he's combined for 458 receptions for 5,639 receiving yards and 58 TDs and that's an average of 91.6 receptions, 1,127.8 receiving yards and 11.6 TDs per season!

And not even DON MAYNARD from 1965-1969 throughout those 5 seasons can even hold the jockstrap of what Adams has accomplished over the past 5 years. 

Adams immediately becomes the GREATEST Jets WR (talent) the moment he steps foot onto the Football field.

Heck over the past 5 years he's #6 in receiving yards and NUMBER 1 in TD receptions so imo you're nuts not to trade away a 1st and a 2nd and Jamison Crowder for a young ZACH WILSON because Elijah Moore then becomes physically unstoppable too. 

PS: And let's not blame the greatness of Adams on "Aaron Rodgers" because during the 9 games he played without AR 2017 he still put up 51 catches for 600 receiving yards and 6 TDs which is a 16 game average of 91 receptions, 1,067 receiving yards and 11 TD's alongside of absolute crap @ QB (Brett Hundley ?)

Hes the best WR in all of Football.

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And you do know that only 5 WRs have ever recorded 12+ TDs during a single season, right? 

What the are you talking about?

4x WR's had 12+ TD's in 2020 alone (Adams, Hill, Thielen and Evans).

Brown and Hill had 12+ in 2018.

Hopkins had 12+ in 2017.

Brown, Nelson, Evans all had 12+ in 2016.

That's 6 (including Adams) in just the last 5 seasons.

Marshall, Robinson, Baldwin, Beckham Jr. & Decker all had 12+ in 2015. 

That's 11x WR's with 12+ in just the last 6 seasons.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiduhs, 7-10.  Maybe 8-9 with a little luck.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Dude. Stop. You've been making these same copy and paste posts since you've joined JN but yet you haven't experienced 1 single playoff win since dating back to 2002 19-20 years ago. Enough already; stop it. 

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What the are you talking about?

4x WR's had 12+ TD's in 2020 alone (Adams, Hill, Thielen and Evans).

Brown and Hill had 12+ in 2018.

Hopkins had 12+ in 2017.

Brown, Nelson, Evans all had 12+ in 2016.

That's 6 (including Adams) in just the last 5 seasons.

Marshall, Robinson, Baldwin, Beckham Jr. & Decker all had 12+ in 2015. 

That's 11x WR's with 12+ in just the last 6 seasons.

I'm taking Jets WRs. Only 5 All-Time with 12+ TDs. 

And no Jets WR within a 5 year span has ever recorded...

458 receptions for 5,639 receiving yards and 58 TDs and that's an average of 91.6 receptions, 1,127.8 receiving yards and 11.6 TDs per season!

Not even Don Maynard. 

48 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

You really should stick to the defensive side of things.

Hey Rookie Ball boy you just joined in April 27th you rookie Jets fan so you should really stop quoting a veteran Jets fan who's been on these Jets forums since 2005 and you should really just talk about your Jets who've you just learned about and don't tell me stories about "Don Maynard" because I won't believe you. 

But yeah you should really stick to talking Jets football and stop quoting me to not talk football...

Understood Rookie?

Ok, good boy. 

ball-boy. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

You’d take DK over Adams? Lol c’mon. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm taking Jets WRs. Only 5 All-Time with 12+ TDs. 

And no Jets WR within a 5 year span has ever recorded...

458 receptions for 5,639 receiving yards and 58 TDs and that's an average of 91.6 receptions, 1,127.8 receiving yards and 11.6 TDs per season!

Not even Don Maynard. 

Way way different game now then when Maynard played for that matter Wesley Walker Al Toon Keyshawn and Chrebet as well. Heck with today’s rules favoring offense Kurt Sohn would be another Wes Welker so really can’t make comparisons of today’s players to these guys 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

He's a rookie ball boy. Give him a break. 

He doesn't realize that even without "Aaron Rodgers" he still recorded during the 9 games he played without AR (2017) 51 catches for 600 receiving yards and 6 TD's.

Which is a 16 game average of 91 receptions, 1,067 receiving yards and 11 TD's alongside of absolute crap @ QB (Brett Hundley). 

Please forgive our Rookie who just joined in April because he knows no better ? dude was on pace for 91 Receptions, 1,067 Receiving yards and 11 TDs with BRETT HUNDLEY (and without "Aaron Rodgers"). 

FOH. 

5 hours ago, Facts said:

Corey is not on the same planet as Adams. If that contract keeps him from going after Adams, that would be highly disappointing. 

Fair point, but this isn't a team that's one elite player away at WR from competing for a championship.  I'd want Adams as much as the next guy, but I think it would be too costly on a team that still has a lot of needs.  Get me a much better TE before we worry about upgrading Corey Davis.

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2021 at 6:05 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

And not even DON MAYNARD from 1965-1969 throughout those 5 seasons can even hold the jockstrap of what Adams has accomplished over the past 5 years. 

Adams immediately becomes the GREATEST Jets WR (talent) the moment he steps foot onto the Football field.

You’re comparing a HOF WR who played 45-50 years ago to a modern day WR. It’s not even apples to oranges. It’s more like apples to pork chops. You can’t  even look at a WR now without potentially getting flagged for PI. Just ridiculous! And you never saw Maynard play either. Tough as nails and fast as a rocket. Played in a totally different era. It’s the overall consensus on this board, practically 90%, that would be highly against such a move. But keep up the futile fight.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Hey Rookie Ball boy you just joined in April 27th you rookie Jets fan so you should really stop quoting a veteran Jets fan who's been on these Jets forums since 2005 and you should really just talk about your Jets who've you just learned about and don't tell me stories about "Don Maynard" because I won't believe you. 

But yeah you should really stick to talking Jets football and stop quoting me to not talk football...

Understood Rookie?

Ok, good boy. 

ball-boy. 

LoL I’m old enuf to be your grandpa lol. Been a Jets fan before you’d dad was probably born lol. And you actually looked up when I joined here lol you a riot kid. 

10 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Yea I would. 23 vs. 28. He’s way younger. Zach is just a puppy. He needs time to develop. In 3-4 years they would develop together. But it’s a pipe dream- Adams or Metcalf so what’s the point.

4 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Way way different game now then when Maynard played for that matter Wesley Walker Al Toon Keyshawn and Chrebet as well. Heck with today’s rules favoring offense Kurt Sohn would be another Wes Welker so really can’t make comparisons of today’s players to these guys 

You're right. Way different game. Defenders are actually A+ athletic and all run 4.3's and 4.4's even LBs during today's game. 

But nonetheless throughout the previous 5 years (what really matters) amongst NFL WRs he's actually...

5th in receiving yards.

3rd in catches.

1st in TD's receptions (11+ ahead of #2). 

Overall = #1 WR (not even close either).

Any Jets fan who wouldn't trade away a 1st, 2nd and a Jamison Crowder to a 3-5 year contract (for Zach Wilson to become blessed with Adams) is absolutely nuts.

13 minutes ago, CSNY said:

It’s like comparing DWC’s posts to Jif’s. DWC in kindergarten - @JiFapono in college @ Gatorville. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

You’re comparing a HOF WR who played 45-50 years ago to a modern day WR. It’s not even apples to oranges. It’s more like apples to pork chops. You can’t  even look at a WR now without potentially getting flagged for PI. Just ridiculous!

And you never saw Maynard play either.

Tough C as nails and fast as a rocket. Played in a totally different era. It’s the overall consensus on this board, practically 90%, that would be highly against such a move. But keep up the futile fight.

No I'm not. I'm just letting it be known that no Jets WR has ever put up the 5 year numbers that Adams has throughout the previous 5 years. 

And who says I "never saw Don play"?

You? 

Because you're wrong you. 

My grandfather from my mom's side is the man who introduced me and my older brother to Jets and Knicks basketball. He was a season ticket holder @ Shea stadium who quit going to games when his team was stolen from him by NJ but he never stopped watching on TV I remember during his final years he wasn't allowed to watch Football anymore because wasn't good for his heart so instead I would write every play down on a piece of paper and then after the game I would first let him know if we won or lost and then I'd read every single play to him from 3 yard Murrell runs, 10 yard O'Donnell passes, 7 yard sacks all the way to 50 yard punts I was a writing machine before cell phones were invented for my grandpa. 

You have no idea how many real games I watched down in the basement when he was healthy in Queens with my older brother growing up as kids. Not just the "popular" 1668-1969 SB game either that man had VCR collections dating back to every game the Jets played throughout the early 1960's to the mid 1970's before Joe Namath and watched games with him of the NY Titans. Every Saturday night as kids we would watch games of his throwback Jets while he taught us about his old-school Jets and then on Sundays wed watch the live Jets and that was a family tradition of ours for many of years I've literally watched hundreds of 1960s-1970's Jets games but he was a sore loser he rarely showed the games we lost ? and 1 year we dedicated every Saturday to just watching every game of the 1968-1969 season that was in 1996 during our 1-15 season and sometimes when I miss him on Saturdays me and my older brother will get together and watch on YouTube random full games together. 

You're from the Maynard days? And you've never showed your grandchildren footage real footage of your 1960's/1970's Jets like my grandfather did for us? If not? You really should. 

But regardless Adams ranks throughout the previous 5 years...

5th in receiving yards.

3rd in catches.

1st in TD's receptions (11+ ahead of #2). 

PS: Broadway Joe Willie White Shoes Namath and/or your Don Maynard and/or WR George Sauer and/or Winston Hill/Marvin Powell and/or Snell/Boozer and/or Randy Rasmussen/Dave Herman etc weren't my favorite players on Saturdays down in the basement of Queens because I was absolutely addicted to Linebackers Larry Grantham (my favorite) and Al Atkinson/Ralph Baker, DE Gerry Philbin and SAFETY Bill Baird were my favorites; which is the reason why I selected DWC as my username back in 2005. 

And if you've never watched old VCR footage of your throwback Jets? Well you should because it's an awesome bonding experience. 

And my best advice for you? For you being so new to our forums you should be a little more classy to the posters who've posted here for 15+ going on 20 years before you decided to join. Maybe then I could respect you because before today I had no idea who you were and only noticed because of your disrespectful quotes of mine. 

My name is Philip. Friends call me Phil. JN calls me DWC; nice to meet you #13.