Report: Davante Adams not happy in Green Bay

22 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i cant argue with delusion man. you are doing levels of mental gymnastics i simply cant compete with. i will leave you with the following...

1. DA is not going from packers to the jets, nor should he...he should want to go to a winner

2. DA is not the most dominant or the best receiver in football....

3. DA will be 29 in December, i wouldn't call that prime in the NFL even for receivers

4. Zack Wilson has proven nothing, and may be the next Mark Sanchez for all anyone knows

5. JD is never giving up 2 top round picks + a top of the league contract...not happening

in closing, i would prob do that deal if they send Rodgers as well.

What do you mean he's not the most dominant outside #1 WR?

Throughout the previous 5 years he ranks...

5th in receiving yards.

3rd in catches.

1st in TD's receptions (11+ ahead of #2). 

It gets no more dominant than that. 

And he also dominated the year he played without Aaron Rodgers too. 

During the 9 games he played without AR (2017) 51 catches for 600 receiving yards and 6 TD's (which is a 16 game average of 91 receptions, 1,067 receiving yards and 11 TD's alongside of absolute crap @ QB (Brett Hundley). 

And last year alone he ranked amongst all NFL WR's 2nd in Receptions (115), 4th in receiving yards (1,374), 2nd in 1st downs (73) and 1st in TDs (18). 

It doesn't get any better than Davante Adams and yes he's the best #1 WR in all of Football. 

And if JD has an opportunity to flip Jamal Adams (1st) and Sam Darnold (2nd) into Davante Adams (in order to protect his prized #2 overall QB investment in Zach Wilson) he'll pull the trigger with no hesitation (just like Buffalo pulled the trigger on Stefon Diggs for Josh Allen by trading away a 1st + his mega contract).

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because one of the greatest QBs in football is finalizing his way out GB right now?  

Since he's probably not playing with Rodgers moving forward it becomes a money thing, redo his deal, give him what hes looking for and he'll go anywhere

If you say so. 

I'd probably wait before buying his Jets Jersey.

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Not only would JD not do this, but Adams doesn’t want to come here.  Plus, like you said, these trades rarely work out. 

This comment reminded me of something.

I was listening to the radio a few weeks ago and they had one of those stat experts on and they asked him how well WR trades typically work out (they were talking about the Julio Jones trade) and the guy made an interesting comment.

He said that in their research they found that a WR trade made a 1 to 3 game difference in wins/losses, but the difference is more for the team LOSING the player and less for the team gaining the player.

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because one of the greatest QBs in football is finalizing his way out GB right now?  

Since he's probably not playing with Rodgers moving forward it becomes a money thing, redo his deal, give him what hes looking for and he'll go anywhere

Give GB what they want and give DA what he wants and never look back.

He's the top WR in the NFL.

He's a game changer.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

If you say so. 

I'd probably wait before buying his Jets Jersey.

Buying a jersey early pretty much has nothing to do with the idea that if you roll out the deal he’s looking for with this team he’s not fighting it.  That rarely happens and if it does it’s a vet who doesn’t care about the money as a young pup.  

And what’s so attractive about Green Bay without Rodgers?  Jordan Love?  Yeah, no

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Buying a jersey early pretty much has nothing to do with the idea that if you roll out the deal he’s looking for with this team he’s not fighting it.

It was a joke/metaphor.  i.e. I do not believe there is any chance that Devonte Adams will be a New York Jet in 2021.

We'll just have to agree to disagree as to how this Jets team is seen/perceived at this time, or if Adams would want to come here, now.  

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Buying a jersey early pretty much has nothing to do with the idea that if you roll out the deal he’s looking for with this team he’s not fighting it.  That rarely happens and if it does it’s a vet who doesn’t care about the money as a young pup.  

And what’s so attractive about Green Bay without Rodgers?  Jordan Love?  Yeah, no

And outside of Aaron Rodgers what's so attractive about Green Bay without Davante Adams? Allen Lazard? Yeah, hell no!

Outside of Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams their entire Offense is full of absolute crap and good. They deserve it. Because that's what you get when you drafted AR a combined two 1st round offensive players dating back to 16 years ago of 2006. Two?!?!?

Once they lose AR & DA they are going to become a tank team for the next 10 years and it's going to be awesome to watch Lambeau Field with no more "Lambeau Leaps" ?

Green Bay is literally fkd and will be fkd on both sides of the ball too and for a very long time at that.

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It was a joke/metaphor.  i.e. I do not believe there is any chance that Devonte Adams will be a New York Jet in 2021.

We'll just have to agree to disagree as to how this Jets team is seen/perceived at this time, or if Adams would want to come here, now.  

This isn't Free Agency. This is trade discussion. And players have no say so on which teams they get traded to because they are players and not GMs and/or owners. And Davante Adams does not have a no trade clause written in his contract so what are you really trying to say? 

Do you really think Barry Sanders wanted to be drafted by Detroit? Do you really think K. Mack wanted to be traded to Chicago?

And do you really think these players without a no trade clause have any say so on where their GMs send them packing to? Because they don't. 

And only 8 NFL players have a no trade clause and that's because NFL GMs aren't in the business of being punked by their own players and have the free right to trade them to any which team they wish to. And no. Davante Adams is not one of those 8 players ?

24 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I doubt GB is trading him but if they do have a full on rebuild due to AR then I would pay GB a premium.  We have the picks and the cap space to lock him up for at least 4 amazing years.  He is that man at WR.

Exactly the days of the NY Jets  allowing premium Pro Bowl players to go elsewhere while we sit and watch is over. 

22 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

There is absolutely no way JD is trading picks for a WR. Even the best WR. He just doesn't have it in him. I wouldn't hold your breath on this one. 

Didn't he make Corey Davis one of the highest paid FA WRs this year?

And hasn't he also invested two 2nd round picks into our WR unit in Mims/Elijah? 

For a matter of fact we've NEVER had a GM who A.) Loves WRs as much as JD does and B.) Has been as aggressive in attacking WR as JD has. 

So it'll be impossible to convince me that JD wouldn't absolutely pounce @ the first opportunity to land the NFL's #1 WR in Davante Adams. 

WR 1: Davante Adams. 

WR 2: Corey Davis. 

X-Factor Slot: Elijah Moore. 

WR 4: Denzel Mims. 

If you don't believe JD wouldn't love that WR core throughout Zach Wilson's entire Rookie contract? You're nuts. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

No I realized that you weren't serious.  I agree, Adams more than likely isnt going anywhere this year, so not really expecting to change our Edwards jerseys to Adams.  

I think you should watch the morning NFLN and ESPN football shows, you might be shocked at the rosy outlook they have with the Jets.  Just this Thursday they were talking up double digit wins.  Means squat other that its positive talk and not the usual SOJ talk

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And outside of Aaron Rodgers what's so attractive about Green Bay without Davante Adams? Allen Lazard? Yeah, hell no!

Outside of Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams their entire Offense is full of absolute crap and good. They deserve it. Because that's what you get when you drafted AR a combined two 1st round offensive players dating back to 16 years ago of 2006. Two?!?!?

Once they lose AR & DA they are going to become a tank team for the next 10 years and it's going to be awesome to watch Lambeau Field with no more "Lambeau Leaps" ?

Green Bay is literally fkd and will be fkd on both sides of the ball too and for a very long time at that.

Kind of was my point.  Add to it they play in a garbage division and dont have to work hard for a bye and whats so attractive about playing in a town like GB? ?

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Love how a half read Instagram post from Davante Adams cousin’s neighbor became Adams not happy in GB headline ? 

What are you talking about Lupz? 

Adams took to his own personal Twitter account and posted the same MJ/Pippen picture as Rodgers did. 

And all you've gotta do is type into Google "Davante Adams" and you'll find hundreds of articles about trade speculation. 

And out of curiosity I browsed the most popular GB Packers forum I could find and those guys were 100% more distraught about potentially losing a 28 year old Adams than a 38 year old Rodgers (felt good to see a fan base outside the Jets so miserable ?

On 7/23/2021 at 7:31 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

No I'm not. I'm just letting it be known that no Jets WR has ever put up the 5 year numbers that Adams has throughout the previous 5 years. 

Other than Don Maynard in 14 game seasons where you could chuck the WR all the way downfield 

Don Maynard was a great, great WR.  Adams playing girly football doesnt compare

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than Don Maynard in 14 game seasons where you could chuck the WR all the way downfield 

Don Maynard was a great, great WR.  Adams playing girly football doesnt compare

Girly football my ass. 

These athletes of today have freakish athleticism, insane speed, crazy strength, super powerful and hit like mack trucks. 

Players of the 50's and 60's were tough but they were nowhere near as dangerous as these kids of today. 

You (or me or most of the 50s/60s slower and much weaker 9-5 workers) wouldn't survive a full game without being physically destroyed and would probably die on that field against these "girls".

Players of the 1950's and 1960's were more dirty and would bite and scratch (like girls) on pileups but they didn't play the game of Football as the kids of today do. 

And if the 2020s had the same rules as the 1960's? Players of the 2020's would be leaving murdered and in body bags every Sunday (unlike the players of the 60's who survived against 10x less athleticism and against much weaker men).

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

No I realized that you weren't serious.  I agree, Adams more than likely isnt going anywhere this year, so not really expecting to change our Edwards jerseys to Adams.  

I think you should watch the morning NFLN and ESPN football shows, you might be shocked at the rosy outlook they have with the Jets.  Just this Thursday they were talking up double digit wins.  Means squat other that its positive talk and not the usual SOJ talk

I have a nice #17 white Edwards jersey he was a beast.

I wouldnt mind having a new nameplate put on Adams. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2021 at 11:42 AM, jetstream23 said:

JD just signed Corey Davis to a big contract, he negotiated to keep Jamison Crowder here for another year, he has used two 2nd round picks on wide receivers in two years. I don’t think he’s going to throw a bag of money and picks at a Davante Adams trade.

Now, if this discussion were happening around free agency time prior to the signing of Davis, maybe something happens. But not now. Adding Adams at the tippy top of the wide receiver depth chart pushes everybody down. It means guys like Mims won’t see the field much, and I just get the feeling JD wants to develop some of these younger guys here.

If the Jets were a win-now team with a wide receiver problem then this move would make sense. Not now.

This is an awesome answer.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I have a nice #17 white Edwards jersey he was a beast.

I wouldnt mind having a new nameplate put on Adams. 

All I know is if GB is forced to make him available by trade? JD and the Jets will become the biggest players @ the poker table because...

A.) We have the most available salary cap space. 

(and even if we extend him to a mega contract we'll still rank top 10 in available salary cap space heading into 2022s offseason; that's how fully loaded JD has us).

B.) We have the best draft capital of any other team in the league.

(and even if we give them Jamal's 1st and Sam's 2nd we'll still have our own 1st, our own 2nd, our own 3rd, two 4th's, two 5th's and three 6th's; that's how fully loaded JD has us).

C.) Zach Wilson on a ROOKIE CONTRACT). 

(And this is the absolute beauty of being fully loaded in both available salary cap space and draft picks while your Rookie QB is playing under a Rookie contract; you're able to land the NFL's #1 outside WR and not miss a single beat in terms of future flexibility and ability to improve).

D.) C.J Mosley's dead cap hit for 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 combine over the next 2 seasons = over $48,000,000 (can't release him) but come 2023's offseason? Only $3,000,000.

(meaning that you can sign Davante Adams for damn near FREE because C.J. Mosley is off the books after just next season)!

E ) Our Jets have not featured an offense that's ranked top 10 in both yards per game and points scored since dating back to 1998. 

(And Davante Adams as a #1 WR makes all of his surrounding WR's in Corey Davis/Denzel Mims/Elijah Moore 10x more deadly).

F.) Our miserable losing Franchise has ruined QB after QB and haven't featured a Franchise QB since Joe Namath. 

(And Davante Adams as an elite #1 outside WR gives Zach Wilson a much greater chance of becoming a Franchise superstar QB than a #2 WR in "Corey Davis" does).

G.) Many of these Jets fans against landing a superstar and the NFL's #1 WR in Davante Adams (I think) are completely clueless to all of A through F ?

• Post of the Week 1

You want to give up draft capital for a player who is going to be 29 by season’s end? Seriously?

I hate to break it to you, the Jets aren’t going to win it all this year. Hell, I seriously doubt they make the playoffs or end up with a winning record. And they aren’t a single player from completing that feat either.

This team is in the 2nd year of a rebuild, I expect to see improvements that don’t necessarily translate into wins. This FO will reevaluate itself next off season and build a stronger roster in Free Agency and through the draft.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Didn't he make Corey Davis one of the highest paid FA WRs this year?

And hasn't he also invested two 2nd round picks into our WR unit in Mims/Elijah? 

For a matter of fact we've NEVER had a GM who A.) Loves WRs as much as JD does and B.) Has been as aggressive in attacking WR as JD has. 

So it'll be impossible to convince me that JD wouldn't absolutely pounce @ the first opportunity to land the NFL's #1 WR in Davante Adams. 

WR 1: Davante Adams. 

WR 2: Corey Davis. 

X-Factor Slot: Elijah Moore. 

WR 4: Denzel Mims. 

If you don't believe JD wouldn't love that WR core throughout Zach Wilson's entire Rookie contract? You're nuts. 

That's all well and good...but nowhere did you demonstrate Joe giving up draft picks to add to that stable of WR. He's going to add another WR to the group, probably next chance he has. But   outlay the price the pack would hypothetically set for DA? Lol. Yeah, Im gonna have to see that before I believe it. 

15 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Girly football my ass. 

These athletes of today have freakish athleticism, insane speed, crazy strength, super powerful and hit like mack trucks. 

Players of the 50's and 60's were tough but they were nowhere near as dangerous as these kids of today. 

You (or me or most of the 50s/60s slower and much weaker 9-5 workers) wouldn't survive a full game without being physically destroyed and would probably die on that field against these "girls".

Players of the 1950's and 1960's were more dirty and would bite and scratch (like girls) on pileups but they didn't play the game of Football as the kids of today do. 

And if the 2020s had the same rules as the 1960's? Players of the 2020's would be leaving murdered and in body bags every Sunday (unlike the players of the 60's who survived against 10x less athleticism and against much weaker men).

I dont need pointless highlight videos to know football today vs football in the 1960's & 70's is pussy football.  

And if you think you have less of a chance of getting your ass handed to you in the 60's (Maynard didnt play in the 50's...no point) youre out there.  Thinking that if the dbs of today played in the lawless 60's they would do more harm isnt the point.  The point is the players like Tatum etc did more damage than players of today who cant even put a finger on a WR running a pattern.  

Add to it Maynard had the numbers, averaged over 102 yards per game in 67.  Actually Maynard had better numbers, again, in 14 game seasons.  

Dont talk history with some of us, you have no idea what youre talking about.

• Post of the Week 3

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont need pointless highlight videos to know football today vs football in the 1960's & 70's is pussy football.  

And if you think you have less of a chance of getting your ass handed to you in the 60 (Maynard didnt play in the 50's) your out there.  Thinking that if the dbs of today played in the lawless 60's they would do more harm isnt the point.  The point is the players like Tatum etc did more damage than players of today who cant even put a finger on a WR running a pattern.  

Add to it Maynard had the numbers, averaged over 102 yards per game in 67.  

Dont talk history with some of us, you have no idea what youre talking about.

"Such a violent and physical sport that was"

and 99.9% of those players had absolute CRAP for athleticism. 

And I know about the history of this gene because my grandfather had hundreds of games saved on his VCRs and would watch every game throughout the 1960's and 1970's on Saturday nights with me and my older brother as Kids as a Sunday pregame with him and I've watched hundreds of throwback games and I'm sorry but the game is way more dangerous today than back then and my grandpa was absolutely blown away buy our American ATHLETES of the 1990's in comparison to his generation because our kids have evolved into something that was never seen back then from 90% of his throwback Players.

Ive watched literally hundreds of games throughout the 1960's and 1970's full games not no YouTube highlights because i had a grandfather like mine who had games saved on VCRs who spent every Saturday watching his throwback Jets with me and my older brother during football seasons and 1996 was the year he dusted off the 1968 season and we watched every single game and the Raiders playoff game was my favorite. 

So if you think players today play sissy girl football maybe it's you who doesn't understand the history of the NFL.

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

This is an awesome answer.

Unfortunately, Davis is not likely to be an awesome signing.  I hope I am wrong.  He has never lived up to his pre draft billing and has looked bad in the process in his time in Tennessee. Titans shocked everyone when they picked him exactly one pick ahead of Jamal Adams.  

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

"Such a violent and physical sport that was"

and 99.9% of those players had absolute CRAP for athleticism. 

And I know about the history of this gene because my grandfather had hundreds of games saved on his VCRs and would watch every game throughout the 1960's and 1970's on Saturday nights with me and my older brother as Kids as a Sunday pregame with him and I've watched hundreds of throwback games and I'm sorry but the game is way more dangerous today than back then and my grandpa was absolutely blown away buy our American ATHLETES of the 1990's in comparison to his generation because our kids have evolved into something that was never seen back then from 90% of his throwback Players.

Ive watched literally hundreds of games throughout the 1960's and 1970's full games not no YouTube highlights because i had a grandfather like mine who had games saved on VCRs who spent every Saturday watching his throwback Jets with me and my older brother during football seasons and 1996 was the year he dusted off the 1968 season and we watched every single game and the Raiders playoff game was my favorite. 

So if you think players today play sissy girl football maybe it's you who doesn't understand the history of the NFL.

I have no idea what youre talking about.  You want to believe the game if tougher today over the game with Tatum etc good for you. 

On 7/23/2021 at 1:11 PM, Beerfish said:

Yes last year of his deal, also the nice age old shell game of ignoring any up front bonuses or front loaded deals and then complaining bout how little you are paid.

Yep. And as soon as NFL teams start giving out fully guaranteed contracts and can't cut players loose or renegotiate with players who underplay their contracts, I'll start having less sympathy for players who want a pay bump when they outplay their contracts.

NFL fans doing the grumpy, jealous, "how dare you use your leverage to get the best deal" in defense of billionaire owners and teams will never not make me laugh. I mean, I'd get it if he were a Jet, or you were a Packers fan; you'd have a rooting interest for wanting him to just shut up and play. But being this salty about a guy on another team saying "take care of me now, or you're not getting any special treatment when I hit FA"? I just don't get it.

13 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Girly football my ass. 

These athletes of today have freakish athleticism, insane speed, crazy strength, super powerful 

Sign this beast!

94ff086cb44da7e53632f5b911c5a040.jpg

Has all your ingredients :) 

Edited by flgreen
  • Haha 2