2...only 2, player predictions for the upcoming season(player not team)

My 2

Lamar Jackson -will be limited by being forced to do something he doesn’t do well. And that’s pass from the pocket. His numbers will be down and his inaccuracy will be exposed 

Daniel Jones-  mediocre QB at best, fumbleitis not cured. 

Mitch Trubisky starts 2+ games for the Bills this year. Signed by Steelers in off season.

Sam Darnold “improves” to 25th ranked QBR. Receives zero CBPOTY votes. His defenders are outraged.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Derek Carr- wins  league MVP. Look at his numbers - they get better every year in  J Gruden system . Tom Cable built his dream offense line( very fast athletic Ol made for Zone blocking scheme) Not only they don’t miss a beat, but it’s a better all round offense line.   This team going to pound the rock with Jacobs, and Drake . Best Te Duo of D Waller , and Foster Moreau ( two complete Te’s can block as well catch)  . One of the few teams that can match Kc Chiefs offense explosiveness.  They are even faster with John Brown( faster / better all round Wr than n Agholor ) , K Drake - gives explosive speed coming out of the backfield. , fully healthy Foster Moreau) B Edwards type Wr Carr always loves to throw to. Bigger, and way stronger Ruggs  who Carr will utilize a lot more in  short to intermediate routes this year.    ( j Brown can assume Ruggs stretching the field duties).

S Trevon Moehrig win Defensive rookie of the year.   Gus Bradley  type of safety, and big part of his defense.( see D James).

Lol

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Derek Carr- wins  league MVP. Look at his numbers - they get better every year in  J Gruden system . Tom Cable built his dream offense line( very fast athletic Ol made for Zone blocking scheme) Not only they don’t miss a beat, but it’s a better all round offense line.   This team going to pound the rock with Jacobs, and Drake . Best Te Duo of D Waller , and Foster Moreau ( two complete Te’s can block as well catch)  . One of the few teams that can match Kc Chiefs offense explosiveness.  They are even faster with John Brown( faster / better all round Wr than n Agholor ) , K Drake - gives explosive speed coming out of the backfield. , fully healthy Foster Moreau) B Edwards type Wr Carr always loves to throw to. Bigger, and way stronger Ruggs  who Carr will utilize a lot more in  short to intermediate routes this year.    ( j Brown can assume Ruggs stretching the field duties).

S Trevon Moehrig win Defensive rookie of the year.   Gus Bradley  type of safety, and big part of his defense.( see D James).

I think you may be a bit biased.    

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

tenor.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha 1

Tua and Daniel Jones both have bad years — despite having better skill position players to work with this season — and will force their teams to look for upgrades next offseason.  

I also see Josh Allen coming back down to earth a little bit.  He’ll still be the best QB in the division, but not be in the MVP consideration.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, jgb said:

Sam Darnold “improves” to 25th ranked QBR. Receives zero CBPOTY votes. His defenders are outraged.

Lol, talk about seeing ghosts! You’re obsessed with people who don’t exist. 

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

First and foremost Derek Carr is now 30 years old and is not even close to being "MVP" caliber. 

Derek Carr isn't a bust like his big brother but he's a career losing QB with a career losing record of 47-63 (.427%) which is Ryan Fitzpatrick territory. 

Derrick Carr has been in this league for 7 years now and only has 1 season of above .500 football (6 losing one's) 🤣

Derrick Carr for MVP? Even Vegas (who you lost your team to) would laugh @ you. 

Vegas has your QBs odds of MVP @ +7,000 meaning if you only bet 1,000 you bring back $71,000 😂 sorry, not happening (homer).

11 hours ago, slats said:

Lol, talk about seeing ghosts! You’re obsessed with people who don’t exist. 

Small contingent of posters who still haven’t gotten over Darnold. Same ones that still haven’t gotten over Sanchez, Geno, Hack. Too busy patting each other on the back for knowing they’d all bust while other fans were busy fanning!

On 7/23/2021 at 5:53 PM, RedBeardedSavage said:

non Jets

• Lamar Jackson is the league MVP
  • Zeke has a career year

Jets

• Carl Lawson has double-digit sacks
  • Jets are top 10 in rushing yards on offense

This is a really under-the-radar prediction that I think has a chance to come to fruition.

A lot of people focus on each team's RB1 (Zeke, McCaffrey, Kamara, etc.) but not team rushing.  The Jets with their OLine, the new wide zone rushing scheme, and a really nice mix on their RB committee have a chance to be Top 10 as a team in rushing.  They don't need to have an elite RB1 to make that happen.

• Like 1

Kellen Mond wins the starting job in the preseason and ends up having the 2nd best rookie year of all the QBs drafted this year behind Zach Wilson. 

Patrick Mahomes throws 70 touchdowns this season. 

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This is a really under-the-radar prediction that I think has a chance to come to fruition.

A lot of people focus on each team's RB1 (Zeke, McCaffrey, Kamara, etc.) but not team rushing.  The Jets with their OLine, the new wide zone rushing scheme, and a really nice mix on their RB committee have a chance to be Top 10 as a team in rushing.  They don't need to have an elite RB1 to make that happen.

We're a Shanahan offense with a rookie quarterback and two back-to-back top 15 picks on the left side of the offensive line. 

"Run left" will be a core competency. 

• Upvote 1

These are fun. 

Non-Jets

-Fitzmagic peters out down the stretch 
-Mac Jones starts at some point

Jets

-Tevin Coleman gets injured at some point. 
-Carl Lawson gets more sacks than recent Jets

On 7/24/2021 at 4:46 AM, Raideraholic said:

Sigh.

I now see what my friends see when I'm hyping up the Jets every year. 

• Haha 1

Ok another stab (I’m disregarding the limit)

-with a new OC, WR Mike Williams blows up in LA in a contract year, finally
-CLE finishes first in AFCN, handedly
-the Urban Jaguars experiment works
-Aaron Rodgers doesn’t play a snap this year, GB implodes on an epic media scale. Total train wreck
-Tua with a proper off-season not coming off a damn broken hip, plays well enough to shut up the mob
-Carson Wentz is benched by November

JETS

-Carl Lawson winds up in DPOY convos
-Mims leads the WR in TDs
-our “inexperienced” secondary is the best in the AFCE
-all the TEs suck
-Cole plays himself into “must resign” state and Zach lobbies for it
-LB J. Davis far exceeds expectations and becomes a thing here in NY 

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Ok another stab (I’m disregarding the limit)

-with a new OC, WR Mike Williams blows up in LA in a contract year, finally
-CLE finishes first in AFCN, handedly
-the Urban Jaguars experiment works
-Aaron Rodgers doesn’t play a snap this year, GB implodes on an epic media scale. Total train wreck
-Tua with a proper off-season not coming off a damn broken hip, plays well enough to shut up the mob
-Carson Wentz is benched by November

JETS

-Carl Lawson winds up in DPOY convos
-Mims leads the WR in TDs
-our “inexperienced” secondary is the best in the AFCE 😱😱😱😱😱
-all the TEs suck
-Cole plays himself into “must resign” state and Zach lobbies for it
-LB J. Davis far exceeds expectations and becomes a thing here in NY 

Really like those two non-Jets takes. Mike Williams going late in fantasy drafts...  

Also enjoy your Jets positivity, although the secondary prediction is one of the hawtest takes I've ever seen. Balls on you, bruh. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Kellen Mond wins the starting job in the preseason and ends up having the 2nd best rookie year of all the QBs drafted this year behind Zach Wilson. 

Patrick Mahomes throws 70 touchdowns this season. 

Patrick Mahomes 70 TDs despite losing Sammy Watkins? Not a chance he'll even throw for half of that (35). 

46 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Really like those two non-Jets takes. Mike Williams going late in fantasy drafts...  

Also enjoy your Jets positivity, although the secondary prediction is one of the hawtest takes I've ever seen. Balls on you, bruh. 

Lol I honestly don’t understand why ppl have that reaction when I bring up my secondary optimism. Our Safeties will be top tier, Bryce Hall is going to be star, and I’m really high on the young guys we have here. They were selected with our system in mind. Much different than asking your DBs to “hold their own” in previous DC playbooks. 

BUF is the only competition in terms of who’s got the best secondary, and that’s largely weighed on L White 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lol I honestly don’t understand why ppl have that reaction when I bring up my secondary optimism. Our Safeties will be top tier, Bryce Hall is going to be star, and I’m really high on the young guys we have here. They were selected with our system in mind. Much different than asking your DBs to “hold their own” in previous DC playbooks. 

BUF is the only competition in terms of who’s got the best secondary, and that’s largely weighed on L White 

I hope you're right about our secondary because imo it's by far our biggest weakness of any positional group. I hope I'm wrong and you're right on this one man. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Sigh.

I now see what my friends see when I'm hyping up the Jets every year. 

well you have nothing to back your enthusiasm, while I have  the fact of looking at Derek Carr numbers every year in J Gruden offense.( like fine wine , they get better every year. ).  

Zach Wilson ever puts up the numbers Carr did last year , than might care what you think.  Just get 31 best QB in the league , and it will be a big improvement.

57 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I hope you're right about our secondary because imo it's by far our biggest weakness of any positional group. I hope I'm wrong and you're right on this one man. 

Anything less than optimism imo is a reflection of 1) not appreciating how good Hall can be, and 2) not looking at it through a “systems” lens. A good C/DC can make decent players look great in the right system with the right playcalling. We’ve got a lot of potential and position flexibility back there. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Maye is solid AF. Joyner returns to a system that makes sense for him. Davis hopefully can contribute.

I got optimism for Bryce. It's the rest of the corners I've got not clue what to expect. And if we're trotting out 2 or 3 suspect corners on third down, I worry. 

Respect the optimism, though. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

. It's the rest of the corners I've got not clue what to expect. And if we're trotting out 2 or 3 suspect corners on third down, I worry.

I think it’s safe to say I don’t have the reputation of being a blind homer, if anything I’m probably a little bit arrogant in my criticism. I have not felt optimistic about our secondary since Revis and Crow were an establish product. A trail of dead since that era  

I’m excited about this group, for whatever that’s worth. 

• Post of the Week 2