F- Adams he's a self!sh piece of sh!t, greatest Jets safety ever Victor Green

48 minutes ago, Snook said:

To show how useless some of these rankings are look who’s #50 on your Texas list. Who would you rather have #5 or #50 ?

Oh stop it. 

Patrick Mahomes would've looked like crap with no WR's, Frank Gore and an atrocious O-Line with Bowles/Gase if had been drafted by the JETS and not the already contending and playoff ready Chiefs. 

Mahomes didn't turn the winning Chiefs around and was drafted into a winning locker room culture so your "Jamal vs Mahomes" example is a delusional one. 

Mahomes was drafted into NFL heaven (Chiefs) instead of NFL hell (Jets).

And with a depleted O-Line vs. Tampa Bay? Mahomes looked like absolute crap in the SB. 

Mahomes vs. Tampa Bay without an O-Line 🤣💩🤣

Only 9 points scored. 💩

26/49 (53.0%). 💩

270 passing yards. 💩

0 TDs. 💩

2 INTs 💩💩

3 sacks 💩💩💩

QB Rating of 52.3 (atrocious 💩).

Get used to that state line too because that's all Patrick Mahomes would've been if drafted by our crappy Jets with absolute CRAP @ RB/TE/WR and especially O-LINE. 

Patrick Mahomes was lucky to be drafted by Andy Reid with Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Kelce and an A+ O-Line already waiting for him and an Andy Reid led KC offense that had made the playoffs like 5/6 years before Mahomes ever took his 1st snap. 

That O-Line for KC was absolutely horrible and depleted vs TB and because of it? Mahomes looked just as BAD as Sam Darnold did so let's stop with the pretending that Mahomes went to KC and not the crappy JETS 🤣

His CRAP performance behind an injury depleted KC O-Line vs TB is just as example of how we would've REALLY LOOKED if drafted by the Jets and Mahomes would have 0 SBs/0 Pro Bowls and 0 All-Pros. 

• Thumb Down 1
32 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Oh stop it. 

Patrick Mahomes would've looked like crap with no WR's, Frank Gore and an atrocious O-Line with Bowles/Gase if had been drafted by the JETS and not the already contending and playoff ready Chiefs. 

Mahomes didn't turn the winning Chiefs around and was drafted into a winning locker room culture so your "Jamal vs Mahomes" example is a delusional one. 

Mahomes was drafted into NFL heaven (Chiefs) instead of NFL hell (Jets).

And with a depleted O-Line vs. Tampa Bay? Mahomes looked like absolute crap in the SB. 

Only 9 points scored. 💩

26/49 (53.0%). 💩

270 passing yards. 💩

0 TDs. 💩

2 INTs 💩💩

3 sacks 💩💩💩

Get used to that state line too because that's all Patrick Mahomes would've been if drafted by our crappy Jets with absolute CRAP @ RB/TE/WR and especially O-LINE. 

Patrick Mahomes was lucky to be drafted by Andy Reid with Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Kelce and an A+ O-Line already waiting for him and an Andy Reid led KC offense that had made the playoffs like 5/6 years before Mahomes ever took his 1st snap. 

That O-Line for KC was absolutely horrible and depleted vs TB and because of it? Mahomes looked just as BAD as Sam Darnold did so let's stop with the pretending that Mahomes went to KC and not the crappy JETS 🤣

His CRAP performance behind an injury depleted KC O-Line vs TB is just as example of how we would've REALLY LOOKED if drafted by the Jets and Mahomes would have 0 SBs/0 Pro Bowls and 0 All-Pros. 

Who would you rather have ? I didn’t compare the two , they were on your list.

My main point was ,what does it matter where either one of them ranked in high school in the state of Texas?

16 minutes ago, Snook said:

Who would you rather have ? I didn’t compare the two , they were on your list.

My main point was ,what does it matter where either one of them ranked in high school in the state of Texas?

5 Star recruits will always matter from H.S to NCAA because without 5 star recruits there is no Alabama. 

Trust my when I say you can not play for Powerhouse NCAA Football programs while being ranked as 1 and 2 star recruits coming out of H.S. 

So it does matter.

And I was actually praying for weeks leading up to the draft for Leonard Fournette to fall to us. I'm a sucker for RBs (Curtis Martin did it to me in 1998 @ 13 years old) and I just absolutely loved his style of run coming out of the SEC. And then in the 2nd round I was screaming @ my TV for Dalvin Cook. 

I'd be lying if I told you I wanted Patrick Mahomes. 

• Thumb Down 1

What does where Adams ranked coming out of high school in Texas have to do with whether or not he’s a better safety than Victor Green was in the NFL?

you still didn’t answer the question. Adams or Mahomes ?

29 minutes ago, Snook said:

What does where Adams ranked coming out of high school in Texas have to do with whether or not he’s a better safety than Victor Green was in the NFL?

you still didn’t answer the question. Adams or Mahomes ?

Only 9 points scored. 💩

26/49 (53.0%). 💩

270 passing yards. 💩

0 TDs. 💩

2 INTs 💩💩

3 sacks 💩💩💩

I'm taking Jamal Adams as a JET because there's no way in hell Patrick  Mahomes would've netted us two 1st round picks + a 3rd if drafted by the Jets. 

Patrick Mahomes without Andy Reid, Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Kelce and KC's A+ O-Line but instead drafted into Bowles/Gase, absolutely no WRs, awful TEs, Frank Gore and an ATROCIOUS O-LINE would've looked even worse as a Jet - than he did against Tampa Bay while behind an ATROCIOUS and DEPLETED KC O-Line. He STUNK!

If you think "MAHOMES" drafted into a crappy Jets team would've ever won a SB or even made a single Pro Bowl or returned us a K. Mack/J. Adams type of trade package in return you're absolutely delusional. 

Patrick Mahomes would've flopped like a fish if ever drafted by THE JETS

🤣💩🤣

2 minutes ago, Alka said:

A few items to discuss:

1. Jamal Adams was a starter from day #1.  He played many, many minutes in those games.  Do you know how many minutes Green played in those first 4 years?  I don't know, but until you do know, it aint apples to apples.

2. If Green got 3 interceptions in his first 4 years, then that means that he got 22 interceptions in his next 7 years.  Let's see if Adams gets 23 sacks in his next 7 years to match Green,

3.  Green got over 900 tackles in his 11 seasons, and 300? in his first 4 years.  That means that Green gets more than 600 tackles in his last 7 seasons, or about 90 tackles per season.  

4.  Last but definitely not least, Adams was picked #6 in the entire NFL draft.  Do you know what # Green was picked.  He wasn't, he was an undrafted free agent.  For my money, I take Victor Green 100 times out of 100 times.

Haha... Putting @Defense Wins Championshipsin his place and stepping on the throat... Jamal adams is a luxury not a difference maker... As shown in Seattle... Victor Green was a team leader as an Udfa... JA was hated... And a big mouth... How much difference did he make on that Seattle team.. Little to no difference is the answer... JA can't cover... Big problem IN NFL today.

JA is an overrated shmuck that will never make the HOF... 

• Upvote 3
7 minutes ago, Alka said:

A few items to discuss:

1. Jamal Adams was a starter from day #1.  He played many, many minutes in those games.  Do you know how many minutes Green played in those first 4 years?  I don't know, but until you do know, it aint apples to apples.

2. If Green got 3 interceptions in his first 4 years, then that means that he got 22 interceptions in his next 7 years.  Let's see if Adams gets 23 sacks in his next 7 years to match Green,

3.  Green got over 900 tackles in his 11 seasons, and 300? in his first 4 years.  That means that Green gets more than 600 tackles in his last 7 seasons, or about 90 tackles per season.  

4.  Last but definitely not least, Adams was picked #6 in the entire NFL draft.  Do you know what # Green was picked.  He wasn't, he was an undrafted free agent.  For my money, I take Victor Green 100 times out of 100 times.

1.) So it's Jamal Adams fault that Victor Green stunk in HS and sucked in college and went undrafted and wasn't good enough to start until year #3 despite being a full 3 years OLDER than Jamal Adams? 🤣

2.) INTs are not a requirement of being a HOF STRONG Safety. 

3.) 900 tackles in 3 years? Cool because Jamal Adams already has 356 tackles after only 4 years and only needs to average 68 tackles over the next 8 years before passing Green in tackles; because he's currently averaging 90 tackles per season (and still only 25). So what are you trying to say? 🤣

4.) Maybe if Green didn't stink in HS he wouldn't have went to AKRON and maybe if he didn't suck @ Akron he would've not gone undrafted into the NFL? 🤣 Sorry but I'll take an NFL team full of 52 1st round picks over an NFL team full of 52 undrafted kids 🤣

5.) In only 4 years Jamal Adams had more QB hits, more QB pressures, more QB Knockdowns, more QB sacks, more TACKLES FOR LOSS BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE and more Pro Bowls and more All-Pro's than "Victor Green" did throughout his entire 11 seasons NFL career 🤣

6.) Victor Green wasn't even loved by Jets fans enough to get voted into ONE Pro Especially during his 1-15 season 💩 and Victor Green wasn't even good enough to get written into 1 single All-Pro selection by professional sports writers around the Country (not even a 2nd team selection)💩

It's going to be funny when Jamal Adams ends up in the Hall of Fame when Jets fans wouldn't even vote him into the PRO BOWL even Becton almost made the Pro Bowl as a ROOKIE because us Jets fans LOVE him already 🤣

Anyone who thinks Victor Green was a better Strong Safety than #33 doesn't know Football.

1.) So it's Jamal Adams fault that Victor Green stunk in HS and sucked in college and went undrafted and wasn't good enough to start until year #3 despite being a full 3 years OLDER than Jamal Adams? 🤣
2.) INTs are not a requirement of being a HOF STRONG Safety. 
3.) 900 tackles in 3 years? Cool because Jamal Adams already has 356 tackles after only 4 years and only needs to average 68 tackles over the next 8 years before passing Green in tackles; because he's currently averaging 90 tackles per season (and still only 25). So what are you trying to say? 🤣
4.) Maybe if Green didn't stink in HS he wouldn't have went to AKRON and maybe if he didn't suck @ Akron he would've not gone undrafted into the NFL? 🤣 Sorry but I'll take an NFL team full of 52 1st round picks over an NFL team full of 52 undrafted kids 🤣
5.) In only 4 years Jamal Adams had more QB hits, more QB pressures, more QB Knockdowns, more QB sacks, more TACKLES FOR LOSS BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE and more Pro Bowls and more All-Pro's than "Victor Green" did throughout his entire 11 seasons NFL career 🤣
6.) Victor Green wasn't even loved by Jets fans enough to get voted into ONE Pro Especially during his 1-15 season and Victor Green wasn't even good enough to get written into 1 single All-Pro selection by professional sports writers around the Country (not even a 2nd team selection)
It's going to be funny when Jamal Adams ends up in the Hall of Fame when Jets fans wouldn't even vote him into the PRO BOWL even Becton almost made the Pro Bowl as a ROOKIE because us Jets fans LOVE him already 🤣
Anyone who thinks Victor Green was a better Strong Safety than #33 doesn't know Football.

For a guy who would DIE on the football field. How about trying to step up on a goal line tackle on Latavious Murray as he strolled into the end zone while pu$$y was purposely engaging being blocked because he wanted no part of that collision. Look it up...and for all the times jumping on the pile at the end of a tackle to be part of a stat sheet acting like he’s the one who made it. See right through the guy. Fake. Phony & Fraud. Glad he’s not on our team. Fuk him

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Haha... Putting @Defense Wins Championshipsin his place and stepping on the throat... Jamal adams is a luxury not a difference maker... As shown in Seattle... Victor Green was a team leader as an Udfa... JA was hated... And a big mouth... How much difference did he make on that Seattle team.. Little to no difference is the answer... JA can't cover... Big problem IN NFL today.

JA is an overrated shmuck that will never make the HOF... 

Actually his post was an absolute clueless one and PS: Our 2019 top 10 Defense fell off a 2020 cliff without Jamal Adams. 

And Jamal during only his 1st season in Seattle within a new system and without an OFFSEASON still put up...

• 83 tackles (Maye put up 88 in 16 games).

• 26 QB pressures (QW put up 20).

• 14 QB hits (QW put up 14).

• 11 tackles for loss (QW put up 10).

• 10 QB hurries (QW put up 5). 

• And 9.5 sacks (QW put up 7.0). 

And throughout only 12 games too;

which is better numbers than ANY Jet put up throughout a full 16 games (so you have no room to talk)

🤣💩🤣

Jets fans claim QW is some type of beast (myself included) but Adams isn't? Clueless. 

Our 2020 fell off a CLIFF without Adams from 2019 (top 10 D) and ranked bottom 25 without him 🤣

18 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

For a guy who would DIE on the football field. How about trying to step up on a goal line tackle on Latavious Murray as he strolled into the end zone while pu$$y was purposely engaging being blocked because he wanted no part of that collision. Look it up...and for all the times jumping on the pile at the end of a tackle to be part of a stat sheet acting like he’s the one who made it. See right through the guy. Fake. Phony & Fraud. Glad he’s not on our team. Fuk him

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Care to point out any Jets Defensive players who's been voted by professional sports writers as a..

Top 37 player. 

https://youtu.be/OZhPNPAoAwQ

Top 27 player. 

https://youtu.be/LPEj2uNac8A

If not? Hush it. 

2017 rookie

2018 2nd season. 

2019 3rd year. 

2020 4th year. 

Until you can show me highlights of IMPACTFUL PLAYS from current Jets defenders you should just hush it because there's nothing you can say to me. 

Go ahead and show Marcus Maye career highlights 🤣😅🤣

Bum can't even net us a 5th round pick.

I'm done with this Jamal Adams talk because A.) I'm excited over Alijah Vera-Tucker and B.) I'm A+ fired up over our 1st round pick from Seattle come 2022. 

Enjoy creating threads on JN about a player who's not even a Jets player anymore and I just find it laughable how fans talk more about "Adams" than you do Alijah Vera-Tucker and/or potential 2022 1st round draft picks. 

I also find it funny how so many nitpick over a lack of SS INTs but yet completely ignore how Marcus Maye as a supposedly "ball hawking" FREE SAFETY has a whooping 6 INTs heading into year #5 (that's pathetic) and God forbid Jamal Adams ever removed the Jets from his social media while holding out over $$$$$ you guys would've nailed him to the cross but trash ass Marcus Maye? You'll stroke him 24/7 and it's hypocritical to me. 

But yeah you guys can enjoy your Jamal Adams circle jerk because I want nothing to do with it anymore. 

(Don't quote me anymore about Jamal anymore either because I'll just ignore your Adams childish nitpicking while letting you guys get the "last laugh").

Because our 2020 Defense was atrocious without him (top 10 in 2019).

Adams personality far outweighs anything he does on the field. He is literally an entitled child who was raised to believe that he is a god of football, and was probably treated that way by those around him. He will prob get a big deal any day now, but I think we win a SB before he does.

• Upvote 2
On 7/24/2021 at 12:58 AM, hmhertz said:

Adams stinks in coverage, stinks with the ball in the air,

is a pu$$y  against the run coming at him. As a teammate

a self-absorbed selfish crap-head Any player who wants the entire

pie, tells his teammates I got mine,  I don't care if you

other guys have to eat sh!t. Greenie was a ferocious player a great

team guy, and gets points from me for throwing loud mouth strength

coach John Lott  through a glass shower door

1) And?

2) Why are you in love with your hard return?

He’s without a doubt the second best safety in the NFC West.  He’s a great in the box safety.  If this was 1965 he would be a very impactful player.  

15 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He’s without a doubt the second best safety in the NFC West.  He’s a great in the box safety.  If this was 1965 he would be a very impactful player.  

Disagree. In the 60’s and 70’s his primary function would be to cover tight ends and running backs not to blitz and he is a terrible cover guy. Can’t see him trying to cover the John Mackey , Mike Ditkas and Jackie Smith’s of that era 

10 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Disagree. In the 60’s and 70’s his primary function would be to cover tight ends and running backs not to blitz and he is a terrible cover guy. Can’t see him trying to cover the John Mackey , Mike Ditkas and Jackie Smith’s of that era 

Really? The same Mike Ditka who only recorded a career 427 receptions and only averaged 35 catches per season?

TEs of today are 10x more elite and also have 10x more athleticism. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Really? The same Mike Ditka who only recorded a career 427 receptions and only averaged 35 catches per season?

TEs of today are 10x more elite and also have 10x more athleticism. 

Yes really. He couldn’t cover the old guys and he sure as hell can’t cover the tight ends of today. He is as one dimensional a player as you can get. 

18 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Care to point out any Jets Defensive players who's been voted by professional sports writers as a..

Top 37 player. 

https://youtu.be/OZhPNPAoAwQ

Top 27 player. 

https://youtu.be/LPEj2uNac8A

If not? Hush it. 

2017 rookie

2018 2nd season. 

2019 3rd year. 

2020 4th year. 

Until you can show me highlights of IMPACTFUL PLAYS from current Jets defenders you should just hush it because there's nothing you can say to me. 

Go ahead and show Marcus Maye career highlights 🤣😅🤣

Bum can't even net us a 5th round pick.

Geez, get a life.  You really find making a point on this message board so important as to devote this much time and effort  to your replies?  You're one scary dude.  :)   

• Haha 1

Report: Jamal Adams, Seahawks not “close at all” on a long-term deal

Posted by Charean Williams on July 26, 2021, 3:10 PM EDT

Wild Card Round - Los Angeles Rams v Seattle Seahawks
Getty Images

The Seahawks will make Jamal Adams the highest-paid safety in the NFL. The question is: When?

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports the sides are not “close at all” on long-term extension negotiations. But Adams is expected to report on time to training camp Tuesday.

“Eventually, this will be a deal that I think both sides will be happy with and Jamal Adams will likely be a very, very rich man,” Rapoport adds.

The Seahawks traded a lot in draft capital to obtain Adams from the Jets last year without doing anything to his contract, so the expectation always was the team would have to back up the Brinks truck.

Adams is set to play out this season on his fifth-year option, which carries a salary of $9.86 million. Justin Simmons became the league’s highest-paid safety in March, signing a four-year, $61 million deal with the Broncos.

Simmons’ $15.25 million per year average tops Budda Baker‘s $14.75 million per season with the Cardinals.

What the Seahawks might not be willing to do is pay Adams like a top-of-the-market inside linebacker. Fred Warner signed a $19 million-a-year extension with the 49ers last week, and Seattle’s highest-paid defensive player, linebacker Bobby Wagner, makes $18 million a year.

Adams set an NFL single-season record for most sacks by a defensive back.

He missed the team’s mandatory minicamp with an excused absence for personal reasons.

13 hours ago, Biggs said:

He’s without a doubt the second best safety in the NFC West.  He’s a great in the box safety.  If this was 2021 he would be a very impactful player.  

Fixed