Aaron Rodgers retiring next week?

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

$64M for three years of Rodgers, even at 38 is a bargain.  And the last two years of his contract are not guaranteed, so if he falls off a cliff you are not stuck with him.  So a team that is ready to win now could add him.  I think the bigger challenge is the timing for this season.  Most contenders have their QBs in place, which is why they are contenders.  Late in the offseason to find a deal of this magnitude.

So, if you are GB, and he announces his retirement, they may be better off just letting him sit, free up some cap space, and move on.  If someone comes calling, answer the phone.  Interesting game of chicken, and since it does not involve us, I can sit back with no stress and see how it plays out.  And for my Packer fan friends, after 30 years of Favre and Rodgers, its hard for me to feel sorry for them.

Yeah man I'm just hoping he doesn't go to N.E in order to Bill Belichick to make one more 3-5 year run because playing against Aaron Rodgers 2x per season wouldn't be very fun for me. 

I hope he goes to Chicago or New Orleans and stays out of the AFC entirely.

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Just a leveraged power move 

I would guess that he’ll be late to camp but will probably show up 

What's weird is the Vegas books pulled Green Bay futures off the board. That generally doesn't happen unless they are at least down to Defcon 3 about a major shake up in the lines. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Dcat said:

What's weird is the Vegas books pulled Green Bay futures off the board. That generally doesn't happen unless they are at least down to Defcon 3 about a major shake up in the lines. 

Agree. Just would be amazed from the perspective that he makes himself the villain automatically by not allowing the packers to plan to replace him. 

Seems like a guy who needs to be have his ego stroked and having the fan’s turn on him would be a pretty big miscalculation 

guess we’ll find out this week 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Agree. Just would be amazed from the perspective that he makes himself the villain automatically by not allowing the packers to plan to replace him. 

Seems like a guy who needs to be have his ego stroked and having the fan’s turn on him would be a pretty big miscalculation 

guess we’ll find out this week 

GB has already had enough time to replace him. They outright disrespect him and drafted Love @ QB instead of providing him with an OT or WR. 

They've only drafted him two 1st round offensive players dating back to 2006 of 16 drafts ago and that's absolutely criminal and so was drafting Love in the 1st round. 

GB no longer deserves either one of Rodgers/Adams and Good Luck to them without them ?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Lith said:

$64M for three years of Rodgers, even at 38 is a bargain.  And the last two years of his contract are not guaranteed, so if he falls off a cliff you are not stuck with him.  So a team that is ready to win now could add him.  I think the bigger challenge is the timing for this season.  Most contenders have their QBs in place, which is why they are contenders.  Late in the offseason to find a deal of this magnitude.

So, if you are GB, and he announces his retirement, they may be better off just letting him sit, free up some cap space, and move on.  If someone comes calling, answer the phone.  Interesting game of chicken, and since it does not involve us, I can sit back with no stress and see how it plays out.  And for my Packer fan friends, after 30 years of Favre and Rodgers, its hard for me to feel sorry for them.

64 mil for 3 with an out after one?  Yeah, nothing massive about that deal, who wouldnt expect to pay that for a QB, not even a Aaron Rodgers, an all time great.  Look at Brady.  42 and not in the same planet as far as his athleticism.  Rodgers can get out of the way and even take off running better and still has a cannon for an arm.  

Why wouldnt a pretty talented team, especially defensively, with good WRs not pay out that kind of money?  In fact I would expect Rodgers to be looking for a redo if traded

On 7/24/2021 at 3:07 PM, Dcat said:

There are several of the old usenet crew here ...  @More Cowbell 

We were doing this before some of you were born.

speaking of usenet... where is Bob Jensen?  I though I saw him post here a while back.  Or was that in that other Jets ex-message board..  you know...  the one that died holding a bounced check from scout and a bag of wet emails..

It was Bob Jensen who introduced me to the Fab Faux on those Usenet boards back in 1998. Still one of my favorite acts, by far. The only reason I’d go to NY over the holidays would be to see them again on NYE. 

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

So much for that crazy off-season with him… looks like he’s reporting first day of camp like nothin happened lol

I bet there are some geniuses on this board that predicted this from the first moment this stupidity started. I think I might even know one of them. 

So I quote from a Packers fan on the agreement reached between the Packers and Rodgers:

1.Packers agreed to void 2023 from Aaron's contract.

2. Restructure the contract to give the Packers some cap space and of course no income loss to Rodgers he still gets every dime he would have received anyway.

3. Mechanisms in place for Aaron to voice his displeasure should there be any.

4.Packers agree if Aaron Rodgers is still feeling how he feels now about how the Packers do business and the culture of the organization they will review at the end of this season for a possible trade-in 2022.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

So I quote from a Packers fan on the agreement reached between the Packers and Rodgers:

1.Packers agreed to void 2023 from Aaron's contract.

2. Restructure the contract to give the Packers some cap space and of course no income loss to Rodgers he still gets every dime he would have received anyway.

3. Mechanisms in place for Aaron to voice his displeasure should there be any.

4.Packers agree if Aaron Rodgers is still feeling how he feels now about how the Packers do business and the culture of the organization they will review at the end of this season for a possible trade-in 2022.

kind of a win-win...packers get cap space to put towards devante adams and if rodgers wants to leave after this year he can decide where he wants to get traded to